Fluffy Neko

Jan 27, 2022
you know there was a game just like this one but you are someone going to school not running it if anyone feels like they know what i am talking about tell me what the name of it was cuz i forgot
There is few such games but many got abandoned or are in development hell like this one here... that said i quite liked schoollife but devs are from russia and never bothered to do proper english translation a pity considering that it's similar to School Game but with more content that seems quite interesting.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cat Boy

Umgah

Sep 26, 2016
I've been following this game for more than a decade at this point, and in that time very little has actually changed. One or two minor events added, but that is about it. Each revision number they muck about with stuff under the hood, but never get around to actually working on the game content itself.

Which is all a bit frustrating really.
Have you actually checked change log?

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
looked at changelog for the latest full release (was following along on the old site), and just saw on starting a new game that there's 4 minigame config options: Default, Faster Lockpick, Skip, and Variant.

I get that Default is, well, default (so lockpick would be slow and the hacking minigame would either be easy or hard depending on how eyes were), and Faster Lockpick would speed that up, but the other two I don't know. Does "Skip" automatically succeed in the minigames, and what does the Variant config even do?

*edit: found post here back in Feb, apparently Skip is RNG based but tied to character stats (sorta like Mad Scientist event I assume), and Variant is... timing and other stuff changed. Thanks Dzeris

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Certainly, though it's often months (or even years) between updates I do check it regularly. And in most cases, each changelog speaks of engine tweaks, bug fixes, and back-end work. But not of new events, tying up plot threads, fleshing out characters, the sorts of things one typically hopes for when a game updates. Over the span of a decade.

(Not to say there's been Zero content added, just a lot less than one would hope over such an extended period of time.)

Reactions: frankensteiner316

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
They're really not wrong on that, the game was incredibly frontloaded and most of the content additions were early in the game's lifespan, as time went on content additions rapidly became more and more sparse and added less and less. Then they had a censorship sweep that removed a number of quests and events.

It's a realistic guesstimate to say that there might in fact be less content in the game today than there was prior to the removal even though it happened years ago simply because of how rarely they add content and how generally minor it is when they do.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
How can you see your own states, because when I click my own caracter nothing happens?
Hover over your name in the bottom right corner.

barteke22 How do you change the Preg mod settings in this update? I know for a while it was through the condom item, do you still need to get the Ward set up and do settings at the school?

Oct 18, 2018
Oh good. An official release. Now the modders who were waiting for the work to leave the beta will do their projects. I imagine we can expect Lexville before too long, and hopefully some other goodies.

nmm

Jun 12, 2017
quick question
Does anyone know how to cheat in money?
To adjust money if you start a new game:
Open the file \schools\Normalschool.xml using notepad or any text editor, and edit the value in this line to whatever you need <Money>12000</Money>
This will apply to all new games, so you should consider making a backup of the file first.

To adjust it while playing, you can use cheat engine. Download and install cheat engine. Then, open the game then load any save, then open cheat engine, then click the blinking icon "select a process to open" on the top left, then select the game executable HSS.exe, then type the value of your character's money in cheat engine's "value" field on the top right, then click "new scan" above it. You should get some results on the left window. If you have two identical results, double click the first one and the entire line will appear at the bottom window where you can change the value by double clicking it. If you get more than two results in the search results, you can narrow them by adjusting the money (buy something in the mall) then type the new value then click "next scan".

barteke22

Sep 23, 2017
barteke22 How do you change the Preg mod settings in this update? I know for a while it was through the condom item, do you still need to get the Ward set up and do settings at the school?
All my settings are now on the map, condom is now just for quick toggling the 'always use' state (you obviously also need one to use one). I don't think the ward was ever required for anything except free contraception if you've got a doctor, school rules do matter.

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes