Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
Just to ask in general here, I do have two balance/gameplay questions (and misc unrelated thoughts):

1. Why the nerf to working at the diner? I guess the money was "too easy" to get (I'll admit I've never touched the bank... or the laundromat to be honest, so feel free to tell me if I'm missing some massive quest lines there), but nerfing it to only 3 days and $100+tip seemed to really hit hard.

2. Why out of all characters is Jeremy Hood the exception with character interactivity? The only two options with him are to train lockpicking and whether to make him a favorite or not (which doesn't matter as much since he's always near the top at the park anyway). He's not the only one who teaches you stuff (unless the reason is due to books being available for hypnosis+hacking), and out of all characters I just don't get why he is exclusive.

*unrelated: the map changes still throw me off but that's not really a 'problem' so much as learning the new system, and also the waiter at the diner in new save is, I kid you not, "Oscar Meyer" (also found out that the diner changes names based on the NPC generated as the owner now). Also I guess skirts don't hide as much but it seems like all futa characters are known/recognized at the start rather than flagging once you see them undressed enough (which I think is how it was previously), which isn't really a problem it was just noticeable when I tried out the stuff before but wasn't worth mentioning while I tried the update+mods.

norbertmc

Aug 5, 2016
The old boards had a classroom schedule builder app on them. I don't see that it has migrated to the new boards. Does anyone have a link to it?

Frankly assigning the schedule is one of the absolute worst parts of the game r/n. Maybe some folks like the bonkers complexity explosion of assigning 20 slots for 6 classes and 8 teachers, but I sure don't. Anything above 4 classes/teachers/subjects is extraordinarily tedious. This should be a high priority add to the base game. No more refactoring!

Blumph

Sep 4, 2019
Just to ask in general here, I do have two balance/gameplay questions (and misc unrelated thoughts):

1. Why the nerf to working at the diner? I guess the money was "too easy" to get (I'll admit I've never touched the bank... or the laundromat to be honest, so feel free to tell me if I'm missing some massive quest lines there), but nerfing it to only 3 days and $100+tip seemed to really hit hard.

2. Why out of all characters is Jeremy Hood the exception with character interactivity? The only two options with him are to train lockpicking and whether to make him a favorite or not (which doesn't matter as much since he's always near the top at the park anyway). He's not the only one who teaches you stuff (unless the reason is due to books being available for hypnosis+hacking), and out of all characters I just don't get why he is exclusive.

*unrelated: the map changes still throw me off but that's not really a 'problem' so much as learning the new system, and also the waiter at the diner in new save is, I kid you not, "Oscar Meyer" (also found out that the diner changes names based on the NPC generated as the owner now). Also I guess skirts don't hide as much but it seems like all futa characters are known/recognized at the start rather than flagging once you see them undressed enough (which I think is how it was previously), which isn't really a problem it was just noticeable when I tried out the stuff before but wasn't worth mentioning while I tried the update+mods.
Jeremy isn't a "Character", really; he's a store that you "buy" the initial lockpicking skill and special picks from. Perhaps he'll get 'built out' like the other "Clerks" are; perhaps he'll become more of a "store" for other less-than-savory tasks (like increasing your 'sneak' during the Mad Scientist events, immediate second chances if you flub a lockpicking event, etc.), but I don't see a lot of work going into a not-even-started system when there are so many other stubs (Mayor & City Council, the second half of the Coppers storyline, Underwood continuation, fleshing out Fuzushi's Sub storyline, etc., etc....) that are probably higher on the list.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
Jeremy isn't a "Character", really; he's a store that you "buy" the initial lockpicking skill and special picks from. Perhaps he'll get 'built out' like the other "Clerks" are; perhaps he'll become more of a "store" for other less-than-savory tasks (like increasing your 'sneak' during the Mad Scientist events, immediate second chances if you flub a lockpicking event, etc.), but I don't see a lot of work going into a not-even-started system when there are so many other stubs (Mayor & City Council, the second half of the Coppers storyline, Underwood continuation, fleshing out Fuzushi's Sub storyline, etc., etc....) that are probably higher on the list.
That's the thing, he was a normal NPC before 1.10, for giggles I chose him as a character to flirt with one time in 1.9.5, so I don't know why it was changed in the first place.

Blumph

Sep 4, 2019
The old boards had a classroom schedule builder app on them. I don't see that it has migrated to the new boards. Does anyone have a link to it?

Frankly assigning the schedule is one of the absolute worst parts of the game r/n. Maybe some folks like the bonkers complexity explosion of assigning 20 slots for 6 classes and 8 teachers, but I sure don't. Anything above 4 classes/teachers/subjects is extraordinarily tedious. This should be a high priority add to the base game. No more refactoring!

Havta take a look "under the hood" for the Scheduling; as it is, the "Autofill" doesn't appear to apportion out classes all that well, in that some classes will get 40% of the week in Religion, while another will get 30% Sex Ed. In an ideal world, it would tweak the entire school at the same time, making sure that every class gets at least one teacher-led spot for every available class, then filling in the rest with as few duplicates as possible. I fear that it'll get ugly...

Blumph

Sep 4, 2019
That's the thing, he was a normal NPC before 1.10, for giggles I chose him as a character to flirt with one time in 1.9.5, so I don't know why it was changed in the first place.

I looked; he's been specifically coded for "InteractionNoChatIndicator", "InteractionNoItemsIndicator", "InteractionNoMCIndicator", and "InteractionNoSexIndicator"; either he is a testbed for new functions, or he was being updated and got interrupted partway through (and forgotten, since you usually only interact with him a couple times at most, all in early-game). As you noticed, other Store Owners (Proudbottom, Rosenlace, etc.) aren't coded this way.

AidsDelivered

Apr 9, 2018
I might be really stupid, but could someone provide me with a little help on how to put the mods in the game in a working manner? (kind of a hassle to go through this cluster fuck... or send me a link to find my answer easier thanks in advance :*)

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
or send me a link to find my answer easier thanks in advance :*)
barteke22 has made a very good explanation here:

(If this link isn't working, you can reach this side from here:
)

Rexaureus

Oct 21, 2017
Hey, I was messing around in the files and discovered that, in the "Disabled" folder, there is another folder called "TownHall Rules", is that already in use or is still, as the upper folder name suggests, disabled?

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018

I wish I could just set certain ages to certain classrooms, and then they'd be automatically sorted to the correct class. 14 and 15 year olds in this room, 16 and 17 in this room, like that. Been thinking it a while. I also wish I could set the age range of my school separate of the population. I like to give a wide age range to my population for a touch of realism. Adults are all 20 and over, students are usually 10 to 19, and that range is partially because I don't think a 5 year old would look so old. Otherwise I'd set even younger... except then there'd also be the issue of having 5 year olds in my school, and I'd technically like to run a high school or college. Not an elementary, lol. Also... I think everyone is potentially sexable in this game? And while I'd do nothing with it, just seeing 5 with sexable options is almost enough to make me barf.... :sick:
Also, is everyone (besides some of the teachers) parents? Cause if so, that's stupid. Nothing wrong with childless adults.

xoxo1001

May 9, 2017
Is wardrobe bugged out for anyone? Game becomes non-responsive and crashes whenever I try to select wardrobe.

barteke22

Sep 23, 2017
Age sorting can be done via a mod. There was a mod that had an option like that (though it was a loli/shota mod), and I think they removed that some time ago because people hated it.

The population generation was pretty simplistic and hardcoded before this release. You can now generate different groups like young adults, childless/solo parents, orphans etc. by editing files in the PopulationParameters folder - though the scenario doesn't take advantage of it atm.

Reactions: sparrow_rose

barteke22

Sep 23, 2017
Is wardrobe bugged out for anyone? Game becomes non-responsive and crashes whenever I try to select wardrobe.
After you buy clothes, or always? I recall an issue if you buy duplicate clothes, not sure if it got resolved as we lost the old tracker... If that's the issue I'll have a look at it later.

Reactions: xoxo1001

xoxo1001

May 9, 2017
After you buy clothes, or always? I recall an issue if you buy duplicate clothes, not sure if it got resolved as we lost the old tracker... If that's the issue I'll have a look at it later.
Thnx for the quick reply. I think it was the duplicate clothes. No worries. I just started a new game and it seems to work ok now.

Blumph

Sep 4, 2019
The skills and stats for the MC. I don't think the NPCs are affected by their stats.
Should be Debug/Persons, Player in the top pulldown, then all the way down to Stats. dictStats contains all the stats; Skills contains, well, Skills. It's unpopulated until you gain at least one point in that item; be advised that editing "Chemistry" to "100" has been reported to break things - events may happen out of sequence and may cause a lockout.

You can edit some stats in a new game by editing the Parameters xml (HHS+1.10.0-Release\Schools\NormalSchool\PopulationData\Parameters) to set different minmaxes; you can also tweak/lock in-progress global stats in Debug/Game Objects, Stats in the top pulldown, applicable stat in the lower (can fix it so you never run out of energy/can't get grungy here).

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes