Settum

Jan 10, 2019
just curious idk how long the game days last until game over, but curious, what happens when you finish the game? do you get to continue corrupting the school/town or start all over?
If you force it to continue after a game end or game over, as fox said, it will become buggy, glitchy, errory and all that.

You have two years and as far as I know, very few people got to that point. There isn't really a finish line, but Shilo introduced character goals when you start a game a few months ago, so we might expect an actual good/successful end eventually.
To be fair, it's quite easy to force the whole town into extreme depravity within the first year, the problem is usually keeping your reputation high enough to not lose.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I've been tinkering with a mod for years and finally decided to share it. I planned on doing it on the HHS+ site but after the original went into a black hole, I'm too lazy to make a new account on the new one (feel free to share it there).

It basically just replaces a bunch of random images with "better" looking ones. Some images remain the same just that the mod has a higher res one and is sourced, all images are sourced. The mod should work on v1.10.3 unless they changed existing events.

MOD

I did a complete overhaul of Annette's images, adding a bunch of gifs and such but v1.10.2 broke a bunch of it. I will be putting off doing any changes to the events themselves for now and will focus on just replacing existing images. Updates will happen, don't expect them to be frequent.
I'm gonna steal some of that for the official release. :)

Mostly just the metadata additions and a few cases where I think the new image is definitely a better pick than the original. Perhaps I'll also change some events to utilize both the old images as well as your new ones.

I'll stick with the lower resolution images for most things, though. We deliberately try to limit the maximum image size (also by utilizing services like TinyPNG or TinyJPG to compress the image as much as possible), since the game just contains so much content. For example in one case your image increases the resolution by ~50% over the version in the base game, but it actually increases the file size by ~500% (from 60kB to 320 kB). While that may not seem much for an individual image, things can quickly add up across the game. And it's just not worth it to have an image be slightly less blurry on larger screens if we could instead add five entirely new images instead for the same file size increase. There were even a few cases where an image from your mod has a lower resolution than the same image in the base game, but still manages to have a higher file size than the base game version.

Panduh

Feb 17, 2019
I think if this and hentai university merged or collabed for content it would benefit both.

Jazzpunk

Jul 7, 2017
I'm gonna steal some of that for the official release. :)

Mostly just the metadata additions and a few cases where I think the new image is definitely a better pick than the original. Perhaps I'll also change some events to utilize both the old images as well as your new ones.

I'll stick with the lower resolution images for most things, though. We deliberately try to limit the maximum image size (also by utilizing services like TinyPNG or TinyJPG to compress the image as much as possible), since the game just contains so much content. For example in one case your image increases the resolution by ~50% over the version in the base game, but it actually increases the file size by ~500% (from 60kB to 320 kB). While that may not seem much for an individual image, things can quickly add up across the game. And it's just not worth it to have an image be slightly less blurry on larger screens if we could instead add five entirely new images instead for the same file size increase. There were even a few cases where an image from your mod has a lower resolution than the same image in the base game, but still manages to have a higher file size than the base game version.
Do whatever you wish. I have plenty of space and a "big" (standard 1920x1080) screen and many of the images have dreadful jpeg fragmentation. The biggest problem with TinyJPG is if you do it in a small image and then the game expands it to fit the screen it looks terrible, but it should look fine if the images is big enough to fit the screen which all images in my mod are. I will probably keep my mod as it is and you can optimize it if you want.

EDIT: Also, a personal complaint of mine. I really dislike how many of the generic images literary describe the image being shown. It makes it tough to find specific replacements or have to change the text in the event file, and it's a gamble if a future version just changes the event file itself and then all work needs to be redone. Imo event descriptions should give context and be vague, not describe the image itself. I don't need to read what's happening in the image. If I can read it, I can see it.

Last edited:

ifudu

Jun 16, 2017
I wish this game actually worked
It just always ends in a ctd after a period of playing it

WeirdFrank

May 30, 2017
from what I see new update is just some minor fixes, there's nothing missing from patch notes right? I'd rather not have to re mod if I can avoid it :p

Evilfowl

Aug 5, 2017
I'll stick with the lower resolution images for most things, though. We deliberately try to limit the maximum image size (also by utilizing services like TinyPNG or TinyJPG to compress the image as much as possible), since the game just contains so much content.
Honestly my only real complaint about the game is the lack of the games adjustment of scenes to match even basic features of npcs, like hair color, but I suppose this bit here explains why. Not only would it require completely redesigning every single scene in the game to account for getting npc features, but it would likely massively increase the file size or decrease scene variation for some npc groups.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I wish this game actually worked
It just always ends in a ctd after a period of playing it
I have no problem playing this game for hours at a time, 6-10 hours straight so have no idea why you can't.
Maybe your computer has something wrong with it.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
Crap this game has a steep learning curve! I have seen the 'walkthrough,' damn it is confusing (for dummies like me at least); is there any other resource to make getting into this game easier?

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
Honestly my only real complaint about the game is the lack of the games adjustment of scenes to match even basic features of npcs, like hair color, but I suppose this bit here explains why. Not only would it require completely redesigning every single scene in the game to account for getting npc features, but it would likely massively increase the file size or decrease scene variation for some npc groups.
I am pretty sure that the images are grouped up by hair colour, if nothing else. Thus, even for random NPCs you'll get a certain set rather than any random one.

olo1990pl

Dec 16, 2017
Crap this game has a steep learning curve! I have seen the 'walkthrough,' damn it is confusing (for dummies like me at least); is there any other resource to make getting into this game easier?
Start with building your stamina (buy weights and train first thing in the morning and go jog in the park later). Drinking water gives stamina for some time but it was nerfed.
For the start you need Assistant (Hooter) and 2 teachers (I choose Smith and Parker in most cases). Remember to go to them after recruiting and select subjects that they will teach. Choose open recruitment for students.
Next is reputation -> bigger it is more money from council. Don't demoralize your school from the beginning because it gives you heavy Reputation penalty.
Before 1.10 you could farm money in Cafe, now it's nerfed to 2-3 worktimes a week and gives less money IIRC. So buy PC/upgrade school to train Photoshop and unlock Newspaper quest chain (with some Corruption (~10?) you need to go to the beach and submit to the proposition.

Use this for quest chains (it's for before 1.10 but it's good because there are no big changes in quests) and other info.
Also look for - it will make your life easier.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Don't try to corrupt everyone at once, this will lead you into trouble.

Pick a few girls to play with and learn the game on and you will get the feel for it faster.
All quest are optional and don't need to be done, the school stats will win or lose with this game.
Quest are fun to play but are not really necessary to win the game, remember what the intro said you have 2 years to turn the school around.

Work on the goal of the game first, turning the school around getting good stats plus work on MC/PC stats.

You have a budget based on the number of students and how good they are doing in school.
Set up your school with the budget in mine and work of the school stats and you will learn how to play.
To many players go for the corruption right off the bat and run into trouble.

Reactions: mickster101

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Does anyone know any console commmand?
In the debugged window type in add and or set and they will bring up all the commands you can use.
Just remember that you can break your game doing this.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I am pretty sure that the images are grouped up by hair colour, if nothing else. Thus, even for random NPCs you'll get a certain set rather than any random one.
Not according to my knowledge. At most, we try to keep the appearance of certain story-relevant quest NPCs consistent in their respective event chains, but once you try to use the "generic" interactions with them, all bets are off.

But yeah, it's already hard enough to find suitable images for the scenes we want. If we had to find different images for each different hair color, we'd never find enough. In theory, you could probably do some dynamic hair color adjustment based on pixel shaders and a hair color property of the person, but for that to work you'd have to prepare each image in advance in photoshop to designate the actual hair color part and probably add a separate masking image for the shader to use. In other words: too much manual effort to be worth it.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Start with building your stamina (buy weights and train first thing in the morning and go jog in the park later). Drinking water gives stamina for some time but it was nerfed.
For the start you need Assistant (Hooter) and 2 teachers (I choose Smith and Parker in most cases). Remember to go to them after recruiting and select subjects that they will teach. Choose open recruitment for students.
Next is reputation -> bigger it is more money from council. Don't demoralize your school from the beginning because it gives you heavy Reputation penalty.
Before 1.10 you could farm money in Cafe, now it's nerfed to 2-3 worktimes a week and gives less money IIRC. So buy PC/upgrade school to train Photoshop and unlock Newspaper quest chain (with some Corruption (~10?) you need to go to the beach and submit to the proposition.
Hooter is secretary. Assistant is Swan. Secretary gives accounting tracker and option to invite people to PTA meetings. Assistant allows to do one specific staff policy upgrade, which player does not need before end game. Don't hire Lidia Swan too early. She is just Hooter's sidekick and gets corrupted within two weeks (unless things radically changed in 1.10.3).

Stamina is useless as Missing girl quest can be done with device from Keller and only die hards will test game's RNG in third missing girl path. Game rewards for not being an arse.

In 1.10.3.1 (or some older version) starting money amount changed and it rendered work in cafe irrelevant. IMHO previous money amount offers better balance as it teaches player to control school costs and uses those extra quests in cafe or evil bank.

Game's economy allows running six classes without problem or eight classes with some balancing. I doubt that current game economy can sustain all available teachers, librarian and assistant.

It is possible to start 1.10 game by following 1.9.5 walkthrough. Some things are different, but nothing major. Problem with using Smith as starting teacher is that she is not proficient in Social Sciences and they give highest education boosts. IMHO F95 walkthrough suggests better set of two starting teachers and subjects.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Hertopaly

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Do whatever you wish. I have plenty of space and a "big" (standard 1920x1080) screen and many of the images have dreadful jpeg fragmentation. The biggest problem with TinyJPG is if you do it in a small image and then the game expands it to fit the screen it looks terrible, but it should look fine if the images is big enough to fit the screen which all images in my mod are. I will probably keep my mod as it is and you can optimize it if you want.

EDIT: Also, a personal complaint of mine. I really dislike how many of the generic images literary describe the image being shown. It makes it tough to find specific replacements or have to change the text in the event file, and it's a gamble if a future version just changes the event file itself and then all work needs to be redone. Imo event descriptions should give context and be vague, not describe the image itself. I don't need to read what's happening in the image. If I can read it, I can see it.
Okay, I've now integrated probably 60-70% of your pack as additional images in the respective events instead of replacements. I've used Google's guetzli library to compress your JPG images, resulting in 30-50% reduced file size at identical visual quality.

And a little heads-up: If you were intending to replace the base game's wallpaper images, then those in your mod are currently not used as replacements because all the base game wallpapers now consist of three digits as file names instead of only two digits from your mod. But since the game simply uses any JPG file from the wallpaper directory as possible wallpaper in the game, your wallpapers should simply get added to the existing list.

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes