Random

Mar 10, 2017
How do I view npc stats? I have no idea what i'm doing with a few individuals is working.
There is no intentional way to view individual stats of a character, but if you hit the debug button, and look up the character in question there's a box you can use to view the internally stored values. Not sure which one, off the top of my head, but it is all pretty self-explanatory.

Reactions: nad destroyer

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
There is no intentional way to view individual stats of a character, but if you hit the debug button, and look up the character in question there's a box you can use to view the internally stored values. Not sure which one, off the top of my head, but it is all pretty self-explanatory.
Thanks. Too bad there isn't a normal way to do that.

Another question... when you can finally buy cheerleader uniforms is that a repeatable scene or can you only choose cheerleader uniforms once?

When meeting the city coucil for the first time what do all those choices effect? I'd rather not skip a couple of days or weeks just to find out.

Also in what ways does appearance for PC increase and decrease? Cause all I'm doing is taking a shower every morning, jogging in the forest or working out at home once a day and my appearance is going down.

Last edited:

Random

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks. Too bad there isn't a normal way to do that.

Another question... when you can finally buy cheerleader uniforms is that a repeatable scene or can you only choose cheerleader uniforms once?

When meeting the city coucil for the first time what do all those choices effect? I'd rather not skip a couple of days or weeks just to find out.

Also in what ways does appearance for PC increase and decrease? Cause all I'm doing is taking a shower every morning, jogging in the forest or working out at home once a day and my appearance is going down.
Ok, so the cheerleader uniform choice repeats on a semi-regular basis. It is probably advised to go with the elegant uniform early on until you have done a lot of corruption around the school. Yes, though, it will repeat eventually, it can take a while. Maybe a month or so in between, something like that.

The city council events don't effect anything, they allow you to choose between a pair of people running for mayor of Smallville, and your decision seems to be the only one that matters. That questline has been completely abandoned, as far as I can tell, it hasn't been updated in several versions. You can safely ignore the whole thing, as it dead ends completely as soon as you vote for mayor.

Appearance is a bit complicated, it is based on a few things from what I can tell. First your fitness seems to effect it, you can increase fitness fastest by using the gym in the mall. That option costs money for a membership, though, if you want to maintain your physical state you can jog a couple times a day for free (morning and evening, if I recall it has an internal counter that keeps you from just repeating it endlessly) but this is by far the slowest means to raise it. Second, your cleanliness seems to effect it, the more time you spend clean the higher your appearance will go, and the easier it will be to keep it there, the grunginess stat is what you're looking for on the sidebar, try to keep that at 0 most of the time. Finally, I have a sneaking suspicion that your fashion level has something to do with it at some level. I've noticed that my appearance moves fastest when I'm actively using my clothing level to corrupt the town. This is a bit tricky as the system that notifies you of success and failure is a bit spotty. If you are dressed a little sluttier than everyone else you get a sounder that you're influencing them to be more corrupt. If you are dressed a lot sluttier than everyone else you get a sounder telling you that you're doing it wrong, and your reputation will suffer. You might also start seeing negative events that are tied to how you are dressed. If you are dressed the same as everyone else, the only way to notice is that you never hear any sounder at all. So, with all this combined, there is a routine I've gotten into that generally will move your appearance level up over time. I'll warn you, it is a bit slow. What I generally do is go to the mall early game and get a gym membership, and buy a weight set. Setup the weights in your bedroom. Now you need to get into a routine, I generally set an alarm for 06:30, as soon as it goes off use the weights. Then take a shower and it should be time to head to school. After school take another shower before you go to bed. On the weekends go to the gym and do both workouts, and then shower before leaving. Do that for a few weeks day in, day out, and you'll notice that your fitness, and appearance are slowly climbing. Keep in mind, this is just one way to do things. One of the nice things about this game is trying different things to see what works, and what doesn't. I've been playing off and on for 5 years, I think it's been that long, so I have some ideas what works, but I've probably overlooked a few things.

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Guess I'll have to experiment with how to raise appearance then. Or just work out more. Its a relief to hear about the cheerleader uniforms and the city council though.

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
Just a quick update: 1.9.3 is FINALLY here!
This is more of an overall bugfix update after 1.9's bigger changes introduced a lot of bugs and it took this long because of "internal system problems" the team had up until now so don't expect to be blown away by changes. Just be able to play the game more smoothly. (Finally gonna try it out as well later on.)

If you're interested in the proper change log just read the thread over at the HHS+ forums.(If it's not accessible without an account just tell me and I'll copy it over.)

Reactions: Papa Ernie

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Until pregnancy will be added to the game, sadly I won't download any more build for this since it's just a waste of space, personally speaking :FeelsBadMan:

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
Until pregnancy will be added to the game, sadly I won't download any more build for this since it's just a waste of space, personally speaking :FeelsBadMan:
Yeah, it's a shame, but the team just isn't comfortable with handling babies in a game like this and they didn't like any of the ideas the players had over at the forums were the right solution to the problem either.

Plus the problem of doubling(or even multiplying with more) the assets for all the female bodies would put even more strain on the team so I guess we'll just have to see if we'll get a mod or something. :/

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Yeah, it's a shame, but the team just isn't comfortable with handling babies in a game like this and they didn't like any of the ideas the players had over at the forums were the right solution to the problem either.

Plus the problem of doubling(or even multiplying with more) the assets for all the female bodies would put even more strain on the team so I guess we'll just have to see if we'll get a mod or something. :/
I mean... they didn't necessarily have to create a story, or create some kind of "mechanism" that let the babies grow and then you'll see them wandering around the house or something like that because I know too well that it's rather difficult to manage everything. They could easily do just one picture of birthing but with different babies color based on who the partner is in that moment (or take something around the internet since the whole game is based on pics taken from internet as far as I could see and it isn't even a problem grabbing some pictures from the internet again, that doesn't necessarily depict the actual partner, talking about the females and when they're pregnant), and then pretty much like.. for example, Strive for Power, a decision: if you want to keep it or not! And even if you keep it.. don't know.. just a reminder that you've a baby but that's it!

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I think pregnancy will have to wait for the long talked about new paperdoll system. The current system has a hard time displaying just the basics and anything special from the paperdoll creating software is currently impossible.

That said, I think they will eventually get there, or a mod will be done to add it in, but it won't happen soon.

As it is, Spinner has added a lot of good stuff with the Get Physical backend for interactions and there is a whole new relationship system to try to figure out.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I started over as a matter of course and the game auto-voted Fontaine in as Mayor.
But they're releasing fixes like nobody's business.
Updates 1, 2, 3 and 5 can all be unpacked and dropped right on top the Schools folder.
Underwood4.ve.xml has to go here: (Schools\NormalSchool\Events\PersonAttachedEvents\JessicaUnderwood\) and let it overwrite the existing one.

At first glance, it may look like Update 4 is missing but the Underwood4.ve.xml is actually Update 4.
Updates 1, 3 and 5 require starting a new game.

Morodin

Dec 19, 2016
All in all I think HSS+ is a pretty good game as it stands, and doesn't really 'need' to add new systems or rework old ones. Yes, most if not all of the current systems at a bit clunky and in sore need of improvement. With that said, I also think that it has a bit bogged down in the 'mud' of endless "Game mechanic improvements" and has forgotten about it's planned content.

This is a mistake a lot of small time developers make when they get to a point in development. When they start out they make their bare bones mechanics that function for the testing of their product. This way they can actually make the content and actually produce the game. Then they reach a point where they realize that the bare bones systems they have in place just don't cut it anymore for what they want. Then instead of broadening the bare bones system and building on top of it. They'll soldier on with it to a point where they inevitably get too frustrated with it, toss it, and then try to 'reinvent the wheel' by making brand new systems on a already half complete project.

What they need to do at this point is actually stop working on all the new systems, and get some content worked on. Most larger dev teams will actually split their time doing a little of each on every patch, or will reserve X.Y patches for major content and X.Y.Z patches for bug fixes. They also have the people resources to do so and also have planned deadlines that extend out years in the future. The problem being when you're solo or a small team of only a handful you really cannot realistically follow this model and need to find a new balance.

Reactions: Teize

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
@Morodin
I quite agree with you, and one of the biggest problems I have is the fuck-off huge "TODO End of Chain" window that shows up after the Mayoral Elections - made rather pointless now by the bug I've mentioned.

Could anybody share a save file? I had lost mine.
That's not actually possible without more information. Everybody tends to play it slightly differently.
Principal's Gender? Whitelist/Blacklist? Preferences? Annette or Andy? Which teachers did you hire? Which school improvements had you bought? Which students/teachers have you corrupted? Is there anyone head-over-heels for you? Whose phone numbers do you have? (No I don't need specifics, just the names of the "Special" students - you can use the Debug tool to check that variable)

I'm currently attempting to Corrupt the PTA. Not easy considering some of them can't be hired as teachers...

Morodin

Dec 19, 2016
@Squark
That's the other thing that I didn't mention as well. Not every-single-bug needs to be pounded down into submission before you move on to the next content version. While ideally your creations will be bug free, realistically that's just not going to happen; and at some point the list of bugs is going to get longer than the To Do list of content you plan to release. That actually happens very early in the development cycle, and inevitably you're going to run into the situation where fixing bugs cause other bugs. At some point you actually need to stop bug fixing and make more content, or you'll be endlessly mired in bug fixes. Which also has the side benefit of distancing yourself from the problems so you come back with a clear head and potentially new ideas on fixing bugs when you get back to them.

When working on bugs you need to classify them into what is actually critical (Crashes, inaccessible content), what needs to be fixed but doesn't have large impacts (Monsters doing slightly more or less damage, NPC stats or character values being off and triggering events earlier or later), and what is highly situational (If player does X then Y, it has Z unintended affect but only when X and Y is done). Yes, this a gross simplification; the intent is to illustrate that while every bug is 'critical' not every bug is necessarily in need of immediate squashing. Some bugs just don't need to be fixed because they're so unlikely, the impact is too minor to bother spending time on, or require very specific actions and timings on the players part. The likelihood of someone finding it and reliably reproducing is so small that you simply can wait to see if the masses ever find it.

Reactions: Gaboris

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I actually agree with you on the whole. Many people (since 1.93 Update 5) are of the opinion that the game functions more-or-less they way it's supposed to now. But there are so many incomplete chains that I fear that they just don't know which one to do first.
They'll probably say "Ah, fuck it" and work on the proposed Paper Doll update first... And while this may be the logical course of action, it'll be another two or three updates before any of the chains actually get done.
I mean, the Sierra Hardman chain seems to be about 80% done. I helped her out and then hired Karin, but that was the end of it. I worry that the team has never heard of "One thing at a time". I like what they've done, but it just seems so broken it's quite jarring.

Reactions: Teize

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Here's the latest update:
Spinner said:
The file below should fix a bug reported by blumph (Exhibition club not progressing, and Club Journal throws an exception)

Goes to folder: Schools\NormalSchool\Events\FunctionLibrary\ExhibitionClub

Should work in an existing game (re-allowing progress), with the following caveats:
• If you have already had the Club Start event, you will see it once more
• Thereafter, things should continue from where you where up to
• If this is not the case, you will need to start a new game to progress the club
I'm only uploading the updates here for people who either don't have an account with them or don't want to set themselves up with one.

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes