Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
I give up: this time, the Happiness bug started on the very first day. All I managed to do was set the school up, buy the computer, clothes for myself, and membership in the gym - damn thing fired on the second workout. "Hmm"...Day 2 - fires on the second workout at the gym again. "Clue?...Grunge -> appearance -> public opinion or something?" -> shower -> reading books at home in the evening - BAM, -0.01. "Welp, there goes that theory".

Given the randomness of this thing, YAY if it ever gets fixed, YAY YAY if that fix is not some accidental by-product.
workout and then shower. Or do not workout in gym. You can do same thing at home without wasting time in jump from home to downtown.

If there is some constant -0.01 happiness degradation, I don't see it or I am not affected to the point of spotting it.

Last edited:

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
I give up: this time, the Happiness bug started on the very first day. All I managed to do was set the school up, buy the computer, clothes for myself, and membership in the gym - damn thing fired on the second workout. "Hmm"...Day 2 - fires on the second workout at the gym again. "Clue?...Grunge -> appearance -> public opinion or something?" -> shower -> reading books at home in the evening - BAM, -0.01. "Welp, there goes that theory".

Given the randomness of this thing, YAY if it ever gets fixed, YAY YAY if that fix is not some accidental by-product.
What do you mean about the happiness bug. Every "tick" and especially, every day and every week, there's a point where the daily and weekly stats get adjusted depending on classes and policies of the day/week. That is a global average of the school, though, a 0.01 is hardly noticable since happiness goes from 0 to 100, but it does eventually stack up. Some classes, especially the boring ones, do lower it while others raise it. As for the Principal's stats... many of the non obvious stats don't really matter as much or, rather, are easily raised and have yet to see something based on the happiness one. Charisma, Authority and Appearance are generally the ones you'd want high, while having high lust might actually be a downside.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Dzeris Surprised you never did. It is "constant" and it is not, at the same time: after whatever triggers it actually does so, Happiness by 0.01 just by me moving around locations, this persists for an hour or two and stops. And happens pretty much every day. If I perform an action that takes a long time I get hit with all the "pending" 0.01s: for example, Research in the chem lab - BAM, I see -0.08 (random value) float; if I spend that time walking around the school instead, I keep seeing multiple -0.01s every time I move (unless, of course, a positive Happiness value conceals it, like a lesson ending).

The thing that confused me the most was that I see it float, as if the global Happiness value for the school got updated, but I went as far as write down Happiness values of every student once (two classes, so 80, was NOT going to do it with 400 :ROFLMAO: ) when I saw the first -0.01, then triggered a bunch of those and compared the new values with the old ones. All 80 were exactly the same. And this is via Debug, so one heck of a decimal to compare to, right?

Settum I mean exactly what I said. And you are absolutely correct in that it adds up over the course of a playthrough - Happiness plateaus around 60, 70 could be a challenge achievement. Then again, at this point it was little more than curiosity - the game is hardly built around grinding, anyway.

EDIT: I can probably keep making all day if I cared to. At least, the first 15 minutes (and 2 in-game days) look promising. :HideThePain:

Last edited:

vshark

Jun 21, 2018
Who is the Shiptoaster who made *The Way of Kings* Reference in this game (Nina Parker 'Journey Before Destination')

barteke22

Sep 23, 2017
You're simply seeing the Afterglow effect. Every time an NPC (or PC) orgasms, they get the afterglow effect. It bumps their Happiness by 30, and Willpower by -20. Those values then lerp back towards their original state over the course of 2ish hours.

There's no real way to hide this, since the school stats show any changes above 0.01 (which this lerp usually surpasses based on NPC count / affect NPCs). Other than showing no changes in general, since there could be a million other changes happening at the same time.

The debug also doesn't show actual stats, simply the base values - so this effect might not be reflected, though it could be a single student. Easy way to test is to start a new game and speedrun first Sierra event.

Reactions: Tsugumi

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
You're simply seeing the Afterglow effect. Every time an NPC (or PC) orgasms, they get the afterglow effect. It bumps their Happiness by 30, and Willpower by -20. Those values then lerp back towards their original state over the course of 2ish hours.

There's no real way to hide this, since the school stats show any changes above 0.01 (which this lerp usually surpasses based on NPC count / affect NPCs). Other than showing no changes in general, since there could be a million other changes happening at the same time.

The debug also doesn't show actual stats, simply the base values - so this effect might not be reflected, though it could be a single student. Easy way to test is to start a new game and speedrun first Sierra event.
How fun it would be if Willpower gets progressively lower the more one wants to cum or perhaps use the orgasm bar as a secondary bonus to resist hypnosis or weird/dominating/corrupting commands. The worst ever decisions and agreements were made in bed, after all.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018

HOLY MOLY someone got lucky on the first day, then (on my first screenie). :ROFLMAO: Thanks a ton for the anxiety disorder cure explanation.

Speaking of Willpower: would you happen to know why it exists at all? As in, what is its purpose? Is there something in the "maybe someday" pile for it? What does it do / is supposed to do / is intended to do [at some point]?

Last edited:

barteke22

Sep 23, 2017
I think it's tied to hypno resistance, and used when forcing someone to do something (though this is relatively new so not much uses that).

Reactions: Tsugumi

Legion9553

Aug 3, 2017
When creating a custom character in the fetish selection does sadism mean your character is sadistic or just likes sadism applied to them?

Devonhar

Aug 4, 2017
I am looking for a mod that decorates the normal classrooms (such as in the art classroom or biology) as soon as corruption rises in the school.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
When creating a custom character in the fetish selection does sadism mean your character is sadistic or just likes sadism applied to them?
Yeah, pretty much all the fetishes are just "is into the basic concept of this fetish". At some point I considered separating it into "likes being the active part of this fetish", "likes being the passive part of this fetish" and "likes watching this fetish". But there was already way too much existing event logic based on the established usage of fetishes, so changing it retroactively was not really a path I wanted to go down.

Reactions: Regardie

Legion9553

Aug 3, 2017
it impacts arousal. So "likes sadism"
Yeah, pretty much all the fetishes are just "is into the basic concept of this fetish". At some point I considered separating it into "likes being the active part of this fetish", "likes being the passive part of this fetish" and "likes watching this fetish". But there was already way too much existing event logic based on the established usage of fetishes, so changing it retroactively was not really a path I wanted to go down.
Its still a bit confusing to me since there is also masochism.
So i need a bit of an explanation.
So sadism
Does it:
A - increases your arousal when you are sadistic
B - increases your arousal when someone else is sadistic to you?
I'm assuming its not both a and b because masochism also exists as one of the choices. It would be redundant at that point.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Its still a bit confusing to me since there is also masochism.
So i need a bit of an explanation.
So sadism
Does it:
A - increases your arousal when you are sadistic
B - increases your arousal when someone else is sadistic to you?
I'm assuming its not both a and b because masochism also exists as one of the choices. It would be redundant at that point.
will the answer change the way you play the game?

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
Fetishes are simply multiplier sliders when you encounter an event or situation that is tagged with said fetish, I am pretty sure there's very few S&M events right now and by definition, sadism is pleasure when inflicting pain to others, masochism is the other one. The game, though, has not delved so deep into psychology and to answer existential or philosophical questions, thus... as said.

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes