dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Actually Barteke has started to work on adapting my Comp and Non-Comp club mods into the base game, it was just he was busy to the point he couldn't work on the game other than with coding, and in fact a lot of the work going on right now is code-based.
What does "comp" stand for?

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
"Or you just set your school policies properly and do not dress your principal in the way students or town folk do not like."

But what fun is that??? #:{D>
Well, my rascals and their parents are perfectly fine with principal in bondage and sexy dress.

Last edited:

Masquerader

Feb 4, 2022
What does "comp" stand for?
It means competition, basically the Swim team, Martial Arts(replacing the Wrestling club), Cheerleaders, and Track team will all have their own competitions which can raise your reputation if they place well. Also makes comps season based(well month based).

Reactions: dalzomo
Sep 3, 2023
new here, tried running this on crossover, got this error the moment i opened the exe file
This game is very finicky, and doesn't like to run through software like WINE or Crossover. If you look back through the thread you'll see people even have trouble running it in Windows in VMs. Your best bet is either an up-to-date Windows 10 VM (7 and 11 work with some versions, but seem to have problems with the current one) or, god forbid, actually putting Windows on a computer.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is one, but who is the other one?
Wine support for .NET 4 is marginal at best. Just telling that hhs does not work does not tell, if you installed windows .net and vc binaries instead of relying solely on native wine support.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
There is a Discord channel where we post experimental builds of the game:

As the name implies, these are experimental pre-releases and not really tested for stability, so use at your own risk. The current latest release is one where we ported the game from .NET Framework 4 to .NET Core 8. We also replaced the libraries for animated GIFs and the one for loading WEBP files with Skia, which is more cross-platform and also gives us a bunch of additional features.
This doesn't mean that we are even close to having official Linux builds, since we still rely on WPF and by extension DirectX as Windows-specific technologies. But maybe you will have better luck in Wine with this switch.

Spatches

Dec 10, 2017
There is a Discord channel where we post experimental builds of the game:
That discord link links to nothing for me. BTW Shilo, was it barteke that was working on the paperdoll system? I know HHS uses it's own thing, but another game that uses paper dolls and has a similar concept of generating random populations (it completely lacks any story characters though) is Influencing. Since I am pretty sure Influencing uses renpy I am not sure how much help it would be, but it couldn't hurt to see if there is anything there that might help with the HHS paperdolls?

I have absolutely zero idea how any of that works so this suggestion might be completely useless :LOL:

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
That discord link links to nothing for me.
Okay, nevermind then. Didn't realize that channel was only available to devs and dedicated "testers".

BTW Shilo, was it barteke that was working on the paperdoll system? I know HHS uses it's own thing, but another game that uses paper dolls and has a similar concept of generating random populations (it completely lacks any story characters though) is Influencing. Since I am pretty sure Influencing uses renpy I am not sure how much help it would be, but it couldn't hurt to see if there is anything there that might help with the HHS paperdolls?

I have absolutely zero idea how any of that works so this suggestion might be completely useless :LOL:
Yeah, barteke is on it. I don't really have an overview about what's possible with the system. They are doing things with it to make it more modular and allow colorization of individual parts. The next release will have a built-in editor with preview functionality for shader effects. The paperdolls are still just several pieces of images layered on top of each other, with no mobility for any of them. There is no bone structure for limbs or anything that would allow animation.

Daveyjones654456

Dec 31, 2021
So ive been seeing how to edit the DefaultGameConfig.xml but i cant seem to edit mine or if i do i cant save over the existing one. Im no coder by any means and im quite confused. Im just trying to edit some values around.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
So ive been seeing how to edit the DefaultGameConfig.xml but i cant seem to edit mine or if i do i cant save over the existing one. Im no coder by any means and im quite confused. Im just trying to edit some values around.
Open file in plain text editor instead of getting opened it with Edge by default. Edit file without messing up xml syntax. Save. Start new game.

I don't see anything in that file that requires changes unless you are running modded game with extra NPCs or want to think that those pixels are slightly younger than game tells you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daveyjones654456

devil999LEXX

Feb 5, 2021
it is here a way to create new "universal" class room ?
i found that once you are later in game and have a lot of classes, it is imposible for all of them to have specialized teaching, like e.q. chemistry even if once per week.

i simply try to each every subject to every class, even if it means it is teached once per week.
but once you are over certain number of classes, it is imposible.

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
i found that once you are later in game and have a lot of classes, it is imposible for all of them to have specialized teaching, like e.q. chemistry even if once per week.

i simply try to each every subject to every class, even if it means it is teached once per week.
Outdated opinion, so it might not work.
10 classes max. there's 7 classrooms, and several specialized facilities, including pool, gym, art, music, computer, bio and chemistry classrooms. The real limit should be the number of teachers and the fact some are overly specialized to their subjects. If the 10 class limit was raised or if they introduced new teacher after blondie, then this info might not help.
You can also assign free time to a class, which has its own stat changes.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018

Base game has 19 subjects and 10 teachers. 10 classes with 20 training slots. Specialized classrooms can teach only one or two different subjects. You can teach every subject and even have free time in library or cafeteria (not in computer lab) once per week.

Last edited:

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
If I get to the overhaul of the education system in the future, I will probably take another look at that in general.

Maybe make certain specialized classsrooms not a strict requirement for certain subjects but provide a big reduction to the learning progress when using a non-specialized classroom (i.e. you can teach physics from school books in a regular classroom, but you can't do any experiments there, so the result will be worse).
And there is always the option of splitting the current lesson slots into two. They are already basically double-slots that last 90 minutes each, while in reality a class period would be between 30 and 60 minutes (I only know it as 45 minutes myself). I did that in order to reduce the amount of micromanagement in the timetable and to make it easier for the player to catch a specific lesson while walking around the school, since it might otherwise be over too quickly. But it's not really set in stone. Currently the students have basically an 8-period day each school, followed by club activities. They are getting worked to the bone here.

Reactions: devil999LEXX

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
If I get to the overhaul of the education system in the future, I will probably take another look at that in general.

Maybe make certain specialized classsrooms not a strict requirement for certain subjects but provide a big reduction to the learning progress when using a non-specialized classroom (i.e. you can teach physics from school books in a regular classroom, but you can't do any experiments there, so the result will be worse).
And there is always the option of splitting the current lesson slots into two. They are already basically double-slots that last 90 minutes each, while in reality a class period would be between 30 and 60 minutes (I only know it as 45 minutes myself). I did that in order to reduce the amount of micromanagement in the timetable and to make it easier for the player to catch a specific lesson while walking around the school, since it might otherwise be over too quickly. But it's not really set in stone. Currently the students have basically an 8-period day each school, followed by club activities. They are getting worked to the bone here.
From a realism perspective, true. From a game-play perspective, most of the events already take 5-15 minutes, sometimes almost an hour.
The event fishing of going in and out of classrooms takes so long you actually can't do them all before the next class, even with 90 minutes classes and as you said, it is easier to manage (I use a professional scheduler when the number of classes and teachers/subjects becomes too big to handle on the fly).

If you do make it more realistic, do try to reduce the time of some events or, at the very least, the travel time inside the school (possibly also around town)

Reactions: devil999LEXX
3.50 star(s) 57 Votes