W65

May 31, 2018
Unfortunately, no. The slave quest uses variables which are out of reach of the debugger. The debugger menu only gives a very limited access to game variables. Only the Visual Event Editor (VEE) have full access.

Either you have to reload a save, or muck around the VEE, which BTW not straightforward cos you still have to figure out how to run your edited code in the least destructive way possible.
I dunno if it helps in this situation, but it's pretty simple to reload the "\Location\Your Basement\MissingGirlIsYourSlave.ve.xml" event in the debugger, which would spare @Abracine from having to foray into the VEE. However, I don't fully understand the context of variables inside events, which is why I'm unsure if this would be helpful. Does reloading an event necessarily reset variables that the event tracks? I don't have a save to try this out with, otherwise I'd just give it a shot myself.

Doing this would probably mung up the entire kidnapped student event chain, but that's better than losing the whole game. If this did work, there're probably only a few other events that would need reloaded to start the event chain over, but I don't know enough about the quest to be able to guess which those would be.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I dunno if it helps in this situation, but it's pretty simple to reload the "\Location\Your Basement\MissingGirlIsYourSlave.ve.xml" event in the debugger, which would spare @Abracine from having to foray into the VEE. However, I don't fully understand the context of variables inside events, which is why I'm unsure if this would be helpful. Does reloading an event necessarily reset variables that the event tracks? I don't have a save to try this out with, otherwise I'd just give it a shot myself.

Doing this would probably mung up the entire kidnapped student event chain, but that's better than losing the whole game. If this did work, there're probably only a few other events that would need reloaded to start the event chain over, but I don't know enough about the quest to be able to guess which those would be.
Yes, reloading the event code does reset the context variables. However, the 1st step of the TRY block of the event (and nearly all the events in the game) starts with a check whether this event is scheduled. This complicates things.

All the codes in the Events folder are loaded within it's own container. These containers have their own internal IDs. The game scheduler uses these IDs to track which container to run and when.

When you reload an event code, the game creates a new container and assign new ID to it. However, the game scheduler won't recognize this new ID, hence the check whether this container (hence this event) is scheduled, will always fail, and the event won't run. The old version won't run either, cos it already clobbered by the new reloaded code.

The way to resolve this problem you can either:
  1. Remove the "if scheduled" check from the TRY block, but you now have to deal with the event always running, even when it's not supposed to. Hence you must add in new code to ensure this doesn't happen.
  2. Leave the code as it is, but write a new code to make the game scheduler to recognize the new ID. This is the safest way, but you now have to decide how to trigger your new code in the game. One method is creating a new button which you can click somewhere, or make a "smartphone app", which framework already there for you to extend.
Right now, what I did is approach #2, but I made a new button in the lower left corner, right beside the Map button, so I can access my hacks anywhere I please. For that I'm mucking around with NativeEvents, a special kind of event called directly from the game engine, which actually a risky business. I still assessing the impact of it to the normal operation of the game.

BTW, while I'm reviewing the event codes, I kept notes of what code doing what. I have such notes for at least nearly all the teacher's quest and nearly all of the PTA quests. It's for v1.9.4. I'm in the middle of updating it to v1.9.5. I've posted a few of them here if you're interested. Just search for my posts in this thread.

The gist is, nearly all quests uses a bitfield/flag variable to track progress. If you want to reset a quest, you don't have to reload all the codes related to the quest, just reset the flags and you're done. The beauty is, you don't have to deal with the scheduler problem, and it can be done with minimal code. The problem is knowing what flags pertain to what and where it is stored.

Reactions: W65

Ollie314

Nov 14, 2017
is there a cap on the number of students at the school? ive been holding at 285 for a couple weeks and its making me hesitant to hire more than the 6 teachers that I have cause of income issues.

also:ERRORS
FunctionLibrary\Interaction\GetPersonsTextColor.ve.xml [EXEC] caused an exception at operation SeqCond_PersonIsSpecial (ID: 45).
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Location\City Streets Shared\Girl & Gangster.ve.xml [EXEC] caused an exception at operation SeqAct_PersonStats (ID: 51).

FunctionLibrary\Interaction\SetPersonContextDict.ve.xml [EXEC] caused an exception at operation SeqAct_TextReplacePersonContext (ID: 12).
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: Person

got those for the first time (as a sequence)...anyone know what its about? seems like it might be in reference during the slave event? got it during the random 'chat' with the guy in the street who shows you the pic of them banging the student. (note: I haven't completed the slave event yet; is the slave quest linked to the gangster event? how long does the gangster event take place? I ask because i went through one whole cycle with the gangsters where they returned the student; i might be able to just wait out the error sequence)
seemed to be related to the random event popping up multiple times in a row in successive movement frames. its causing a problem because I cant access the backroom on redcorner for the slave quest.

that error sequence is occurring in haunting st, archers place, high st, boulevard, red corner, oak st, lower and upper hollow st, field st...(most downtown and stree areas except the shopping mall, actual 'downtown', park areas, and beach areas)

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
is there a cap on the number of students at the school? ive been holding at 285 for a couple weeks and its making me hesitant to hire more than the 6 teachers that I have cause of income issues.
If you didn't mess around with the school config (NormalSchool.xml), then the default max students you can have is 400.

also:ERRORS
FunctionLibrary\Interaction\GetPersonsTextColor.ve.xml [EXEC] caused an exception at operation SeqCond_PersonIsSpecial (ID: 45).

Location\City Streets Shared\Girl & Gangster.ve.xml [EXEC] caused an exception at operation SeqAct_PersonStats (ID: 51).

FunctionLibrary\Interaction\SetPersonContextDict.ve.xml [EXEC] caused an exception at operation SeqAct_TextReplacePersonContext (ID: 12).
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: Person

got those for the first time (as a sequence)...anyone know what its about? seems like it might be in reference during the slave event? got it during the random 'chat' with the guy in the street who shows you the pic of them banging the student. (note: I haven't completed the slave event yet; is the slave quest linked to the gangster event? how long does the gangster event take place? I ask because i went through one whole cycle with the gangsters where they returned the student; i might be able to just wait out the error sequence)
seemed to be related to the random event popping up multiple times in a row in successive movement frames. its causing a problem because I cant access the backroom on redcorner for the slave quest.

that error sequence is occurring in haunting st, archers place, high st, boulevard, red corner, oak st, lower and upper hollow st, field st...(most downtown and stree areas except the shopping mall, actual 'downtown', park areas, and beach areas)
Have you updated to at least update 8 yet? I believe that's the update to fix crashes with the gangster event. Last time I check the latest is update 12.

And no, the gangster event is not related to the slave quest.

Abracine

May 6, 2017
Thanks for your help guys, here is what I did to unlock my situation.

I just delete the link between the underfed trigger and the game over, and relink it to the start of the loop.

Sorry if it's not clear, it's hard to explain in english. Look at my screenshot to understand ;) High School.PNG

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Yes, please register at the game site
as lots of the errors you are reporting here have been fixed already and are available as xml files that you drop into the right folder and use debug to reload events.

And if you do find bugs that haven't been reported, that is the place to post them as there are threads just for that process. The site is free, the game is free, there are mods for the game there, and all the developers who are currently active are there.

Ollie314

Nov 14, 2017
If you didn't mess around with the school config (NormalSchool.xml), then the default max students you can have is 400.
hmmm, then i wonder why it not letting me recruit anymore students when i have the 'allow all' policy checked. could it be one or more of the other, more lewd policies interfering?
Have you updated to at least update 8 yet? I believe that's the update to fix crashes with the gangster event. Last time I check the latest is update 12.
as lots of the errors you are reporting here have been fixed already and are available as xml files that you drop into the right folder and use debug to reload events.
i have the 1.9.5+ version available from this (f95zone) site, are the 'updates' for/past that version? if so i will definitely check them out

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
hmmm, then i wonder why it not letting me recruit anymore students when i have the 'allow all' policy checked. could it be one or more of the other, more lewd policies interfering?

i have the 1.9.5+ version available from this (f95zone) site, are the 'updates' for/past that version? if so i will definitely check them out
Create an account with this website/forum, it's the main HHS place. The link I'm using is specifically for the official release thread, and about halfway down the first page you should see various fixes that should be installed in order (i.e. don't run fix 8 for your gangster thing, then decide to run fix 4).

*related: apparently the latest hotfix, 13, is a zip file and after browsing it I saw that pregnancy was a thing for some characters, including the crossdresser. Not sure if it applies to this version or if it's just setting up for later but still.

Reactions: Kyraga

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
*related: apparently the latest hotfix, 13, is a zip file and after browsing it I saw that pregnancy was a thing for some characters, including the crossdresser. Not sure if it applies to this version or if it's just setting up for later but still.
I've looked at the update. Apparently it's geared toward fixing the PaperDoll system. There are no code on handling pregnancy whatsoever except for visual aspect.

I do hear there's some effort to update the PaperDoll system so it can support more features from the reference implementation, KKL. So this update maybe laying some groundwork toward that while fixing existing issues.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Update 13 fixes problems with giving the razor to special characters. The game has two types of NPCs, randomly generated population based on the config files that are created at a new game and persistent characters needed to advance events in the game. They also get created at the start of a new game but their characteristics are defined in their own xml files. This update fixes some issues with the current paperdolls of those persistent characters when you give them things that would change their appearance.

Sadly, that has nothing to do with an update to the paperdoll system. I don't think it will ever happen but if it does, it will add better layers to the images.

redzadow

May 18, 2017
Yes, please register at the game site

And if you do find bugs that haven't been reported, that is the place to post them as there are threads just for that process. The site is free, the game is free, there are mods for the game there, and all the developers who are currently active are there.
Been waiting for admin approval at their site for several days. Came here hoping fixes would be mirrored here, but no luck. :(

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
where can i get the membership for the womans bath as a male ?
If you complete the newspaper quest chain (where you photoshop all the time), they set in motion a law that allows people to be nude in public/communal baths. Keep in mind however that while nudity is allowed and even some corrupted students/teachers will brazenly go out in public, if you yourself go out nude even after this law is in effect and you haven't corrupted the town enough, you will lose reputation REALLY fast. (I have never corrupted the town enough to not get dinged)

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
If you complete the newspaper quest chain (where you photoshop all the time), they set in motion a law that allows people to be nude in public/communal baths. Keep in mind however that while nudity is allowed and even some corrupted students/teachers will brazenly go out in public, if you yourself go out nude even after this law is in effect and you haven't corrupted the town enough, you will lose reputation REALLY fast. (I have never corrupted the town enough to not get dinged)
Regardless of the Nature's Way (public nudity) rule, and despite of in game hints about inhibition, clothing, and dress codes which says corrupting the townsfolk depends on Inhibition, Appearance, and Charisma stats of the principal, it all comes down to the Authority stat, at least for the principal.

The actual formula to decide whether your rep gets penalty or not when running around naked is:
Code:
Gap = Average Occupant Inhibition Level - Player Inhibition Level
Max_Allowed_Gap = Player Authority / 2.5
if Max_Allowed_Gap is greater than Gap, then penalize Player's Rep
  else, for each occupant whose Inhibition level is higher than Player's
              reduce his/her Inhibition level
Through observation, Player's Authority revolve around 50, with very few things to actually increase it. Then the Max_Allowed_Gap revolves around 20. The only way to corrupt the town in to gradually change the Player's clothings to more and more risque.

The check is done every 30 minutes the Player is out in public. Even with successful check, the change in Inhibition level is at 0.1 to 0.5 per success, and only applicable to those in the immediate area. With the default of 1200 person population, that will take a very long time and effort for the townsfolk accepting you running around naked.

Dunno if the Town Council Proposals (if it ever made it to the game, but preliminary codes are there) will change the balance.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
Dunno if the Town Council Proposals (if it ever made it to the game, but preliminary codes are there) will change the balance.
I do think it'd be great if we ever got like, other sources of corruption. Like, the restaurant is one of the best ways to get money in the game (especially once you start corrupting everyone and your school loses funds due to reputation/education starting to tank), but it'd be funny if you could corrupt the owner so that they make it topless or masturbate into the food or something. Corrupt the onsen so that the owners are naked at the entrance and ease people into it more. Hit the church so that nudity/love can be preached more. Just remembering some of the corruption specific games like "village of nightmare" where the whole goal is corruption, so you corrupt a public figure and anyone who would go to them gets hit with corruption afterwards.

*edit: corrected what game I meant, was thinking of village of nightmare, not town of succubi

Individualist

Aug 5, 2016
Could someone upload Schools\NormalSchool\Events\FunctionLibrary\Suggestion\Behavior\EnhanceEducation for me? I've downloaded this game a few times and I keep getting errors thrown out because ChangeBehaviorMain.ve.xml keeps looking for EnhanceEducation which does not exist for me.

Allegedly

Oct 7, 2017
Hi, I've been trying to register in the official release site but it's give me an error saying registration is currently disabled, does someone know where else to find the updates/bugfixes?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I do think it'd be great if we ever got like, other sources of corruption. Like, the restaurant is one of the best ways to get money in the game (especially once you start corrupting everyone and your school loses funds due to reputation/education starting to tank), but it'd be funny if you could corrupt the owner so that they make it topless or masturbate into the food or something. Corrupt the onsen so that the owners are naked at the entrance and ease people into it more. Hit the church so that nudity/love can be preached more. Just remembering some of the corruption specific games like "village of nightmare" where the whole goal is corruption, so you corrupt a public figure and anyone who would go to them gets hit with corruption afterwards.

*edit: corrected what game I meant, was thinking of village of nightmare, not town of succubi
Well, there's Sayoko, but the chance for her event to corrupt the town 1 person at a time to fire is slim, only 10% every month or so. I've revamped that part so she can corrupt 1 to 8 person at a time and make it happen more frequently in v.1.9.4 for my personal use. Porting to v1.9.5 should be a breeze cos nothing changes on her quest line.

For the approach you mentioned, corrupting the owner 1st, I think the clothing store uses a variation of it. You do have to corrupt the owner, Priscilla Rosenlace, to be able to buy the final tier cheerleader costume, needed to upgrade the club to level 3.

For spoilers of what kind of Town Council proposals in the preliminary codes, click below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Could someone upload Schools\NormalSchool\Events\FunctionLibrary\Suggestion\Behavior\EnhanceEducation for me? I've downloaded this game a few times and I keep getting errors thrown out because ChangeBehaviorMain.ve.xml keeps looking for EnhanceEducation which does not exist for me.
What version are you using? I checked with my v1.9.5 Hotfix 13 installation, ChangeBehaviorMain.ve.xml do not have any reference to FunctionLibrary\Suggestion\Behavior\EnhanceEducation, nor does the corresponding file exists.

Hi, I've been trying to register in the official release site but it's give me an error saying registration is currently disabled, does someone know where else to find the updates/bugfixes?
I'm attaching hotfix 1-13 for those who have trouble registering to the main site. Maybe someone can include it in the OP at 1st page.

FoHmr

Oct 29, 2018
Every morning I receive the message

'You turn on the TV and listen vaguely to the news as you prepare your breakfast.
"The leaving mayor has signed, this morning, the papers on the inauguration of the new mayor, Mr Leysh."

And then a dialogue pops up
"End of the chain."

Perhaps I need to start over with the hotfixes installed from the beginning? I'm hoping I don't have to grind through everything again.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Every morning I receive the message

'You turn on the TV and listen vaguely to the news as you prepare your breakfast.
"The leaving mayor has signed, this morning, the papers on the inauguration of the new mayor, Mr Leysh."

And then a dialogue pops up
"End of the chain."

Perhaps I need to start over with the hotfixes installed from the beginning? I'm hoping I don't have to grind through everything again.
Have you installed Hotfix 3 yet? If you have, and you've installed it after starting the game/using an old save, go to the "Reload Events" tab in the debug window, and press "Add Changed Events" button, then the "Refresh Files" button for good measure.

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes