Apr 23, 2018
How do you watch the videos that you acquire. I'm also not sure how you use the bondage room I don't see how to make anyone go there.

FoHmr

Oct 29, 2018
Have you installed Hotfix 3 yet? If you have, and you've installed it after starting the game/using an old save, go to the "Reload Events" tab in the debug window, and press "Add Changed Events" button, then the "Refresh Files" button for good measure.
Ah, yes. That seems to have worked.

Individualist

Aug 5, 2016
What version are you using? I checked with my v1.9.5 Hotfix 13 installation, ChangeBehaviorMain.ve.xml do not have any reference to FunctionLibrary\Suggestion\Behavior\EnhanceEducation, nor does the corresponding file exists.
HHS195-2050-Release, with hotfixes 1-13 installed. Downloaded the main game from here first, then their site after I saw errors getting thrown out. Applied the updates to both files. I might need to figure out the event editor, when I run FunctionLibrary\Suggestion\Behavior\ChangeBehaviorMain.ve.xml through it and click "Check for Errors" it pops back with a few.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
HHS195-2050-Release, with hotfixes 1-13 installed. Downloaded the main game from here first, then their site after I saw errors getting thrown out. Applied the updates to both files. I might need to figure out the event editor, when I run FunctionLibrary\Suggestion\Behavior\ChangeBehaviorMain.ve.xml through it and click "Check for Errors" it pops back with a few.

That's odd. I open up the VEE and click "Check for Errors" like you did, and no errors found. Could you post your version of ChangeBehaviorMain?

I'm attaching mine below.

UPDATE:
Upon further investigation, I suspect you have v1.9.4 ChangeBehaviorMain in your v1.9.5 install. Checking my own v1.9.4 install I found the EnhanceEducation reference, as well as the "deprecated' warnings. Still I'd like to check your version of ChangeBehaviorMain to confirm this.

Individualist

Aug 5, 2016
Upon further investigation, I suspect you have v1.9.4 ChangeBehaviorMain in your v1.9.5 install. Checking my own v1.9.4 install I found the EnhanceEducation reference, as well as the "deprecated' warnings. Still I'd like to check your version of ChangeBehaviorMain to confirm this.
Odd, since I didn't update from a previous version and only downloaded the 1.9.5 game. Here's the file, all the same.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Is there a guide/walkthrough for teacher/PTA quests/events?
Thanks in advance.
I'm in a process of writing some event notes for teachers and PTA, and various other events, but RL intervenes. In the meantime you could search my name in this thread to see what little I've posted (I believe I've posted Carmen and Ronda), and/or ask away, hopefully I could answer it.

Here's a list of what already done (unless noted otherwise, all the notes are for v1.9.5 with hotfixes applied)

Reactions: Daba

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Odd, since I didn't update from a previous version and only downloaded the 1.9.5 game. Here's the file, all the same.
I checked the file you posted, 1st by CRC/MD5, then in the VEE. The file you've posted is identical to mine. There's no reference there to EnhanceEducation. The "Check for Errors" button also says the code is all OK. The only time I get the error code like what you've posted is when I'm using v1.9.4 HHS+.exe.

Do you have v1.9.4 installed somewhere? How do you run HHS+.exe, through link/shortcut, by windows run dialog, double clicking in the File Exploder (notice how I realy2 hate Explorer :eek:penedeyewink:), or something else? What I can think on top of my head is somehow there's a mixup on which version is running and read from which directory.

I'm attaching the SFV/MD5 file for my v1.9.5 hotfix 13 install so you can check it against yours. BTW, if there's errors saying some files missing, and you see it's in "XMHacks" or "SavedGames" directory, don't worry, it's my own codes and save games which doesn't interfere with the original game.

Reactions: Individualist

Individualist

Aug 5, 2016
Do you have v1.9.4 installed somewhere? How do you run HHS+.exe, through link/shortcut, by windows run dialog, double clicking in the File Exploder (notice how I realy2 hate Explorer :eek:penedeyewink:), or something else? What I can think on top of my head is somehow there's a mixup on which version is running and read from which directory.
I do not. The last version I downloaded before this was 1.08. I launch the game by directly opening it in the install folder, no shortcuts or anything.

I've found if I give up on my save and start a new one I no longer have this issue. I think I may have saved after trying out some mods and deleting them and that may have caused the problem. Rather than starting fresh on the newest download I kept my save going and relied on "Add Changed Events" to fix it. I just manually refreshed the file and ran the debugger to check for errors, it's coming up clean now. One of the mods was probably for the previous version and probably changed that file.

Thanks for helping out and attaching your files for me to compare. Everything seems to be working fine now without the need for a fresh save.

Apr 23, 2018
Okay I tried searching this thread as I've seen the question asked but not really answered. I'm not sure how to learn the lockpicking skill. I remember reading about a guy in the park that teaches it through an event but I spent days in the park and there is no such thief event. Other than the event where the mysterious guy drops the brainwashing device.

W65

May 31, 2018
Okay I tried searching this thread as I've seen the question asked but not really answered. I'm not sure how to learn the lockpicking skill. I remember reading about a guy in the park that teaches it through an event but I spent days in the park and there is no such thief event. Other than the event where the mysterious guy drops the brainwashing device.
First thing is that you need to learn about the thief in-game. To do that, go to the restaurant in the downtown area. While there, instead of working you should just have a meal, hang around, and then take the newspaper with you. Use it from the inventory and click on at least the item about thieves. The next time you go to the park during the day (the area labeled "park," not the forest or the lake), you'll see a guy snatch a purse. You need to confront him about it and demand that he show you some tricks.

In older versions of the game, you just had to go to the park to start the event sequence.

Reactions: masterpyromancer
Apr 23, 2018
Okay that makes sense I was looking everywhere for a newspaper article I read online somewhere someone said it was in the main characters house and I couldn't find it.

W65

May 31, 2018
Okay that makes sense I was looking everywhere for a newspaper article I read online somewhere someone said it was in the main characters house and I couldn't find it.
Yeah, the newspaper used to be a thing that you found in your house. The changes to the introductory quests seem to be tripping up a lot of folks.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I do not. The last version I downloaded before this was 1.08. I launch the game by directly opening it in the install folder, no shortcuts or anything.

I've found if I give up on my save and start a new one I no longer have this issue. I think I may have saved after trying out some mods and deleting them and that may have caused the problem. Rather than starting fresh on the newest download I kept my save going and relied on "Add Changed Events" to fix it. I just manually refreshed the file and ran the debugger to check for errors, it's coming up clean now. One of the mods was probably for the previous version and probably changed that file.
Ah, the save game problem. Glad you have it sort it out. You do have to be careful though, the approach you're taking do have limitation.

The way HHS works, it pre-cached all the scripts and XML settings at game start, then save that cache along with the save game. When you load the save, it also load the cache as well. That means, it will no longer read nor compile any XML files anymore. Therefore, any changes in any XML files is ignored. The only way to force the game to read the changes is by going to the Reload Events in the debug menu. However, this only works with files in the "Events" folder. If there are changes in XML files outside of it, then there's no way to refresh it.

The 2nd problem is how the engine determine which file/events are changed. It do this only by comparing the file timestamp. Only if it sees the corresponding file timestamp is newer than the cache will "Reload Events" listed as changed. If the timestamp is older, "Reload Events" won't list it as changed and thinks the cache have the more updated version.

Consider this scenario, you tried on a mod and decide you didn't like it. Before installing the mod, you backup the files which the mod changed. Upon uninstalling, you restore the files from the backup. It become problematic if you save the game between installing the mod and uninstall it.

At mod install, "Reload Events" will catch the file change, because the changed files by virtue will have their timestamp newer than the original. Upon uninstalling however, you restore the files with backup, which timestamp is older than the mod. This time, "Reload Events" won't catch the restored files, so your save is stuck with the mod version. The solution is to make the backup files timestamps newer than the mod. You can do this either by load-save it in the VEE, or any other text editor if you have the patience for it, especially if there are many files involved, or use the "touch" utility to batch change the timestamps.

BTW "touch" is a command line utility for linux, commonly used in programming suites. There are windows ported versions. In fact there are many other utilities out there to manage timestamps for windows, any can do the job.

Then there is the scheduling problem. Many events have the "If Scheduled" test. This is HHS way to schedule an event to run at specific time. Every XML HHS compiled and cached have an internal ID which we can't modify, given at compile time. Scheduling uses this ID. Say an event is scheduled to run, but changed and reloaded with "Reload Events". The internal ID will have changed, and the engine scheduler won't recognize it and "If Scheduled" test will always fail. Then, although the new version is successfully loaded, it won't run. You have to manually re-schedule it somehow so the scheduler recognize it. The only way to do this is to create a new script to schedule it and run it somehow, either by button, in-game smartphone app, or something else. This problem only applies to scripts which have "If Scheduled" test, which is more than 90% of all scripts.

Thanks for helping out and attaching your files for me to compare. Everything seems to be working fine now without the need for a fresh save.
You're welcome, Glad to be of help.

Last edited:

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
Is there mods for this I like it but hate having to play hours on end to get anywhere and I can never get any rules passed in school even though have the board is corrupt and other have the hypno never sticks so it is useless and the drug making progress I can never make any good ones only ones the corrupt, And before anyone says look at the tips I have but the stuff I can't see because I don't have an account on that other web site but I can see that the stats page on that site though.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Is there mods for this I like it but hate having to play hours on end to get anywhere and I can never get any rules passed in school even though have the board is corrupt and other have the hypno never sticks so it is useless and the drug making progress I can never make any good ones only ones the corrupt, And before anyone says look at the tips I have but the stuff I can't see because I don't have an account on that other web site but I can see that the stats page on that site though.
Can you be specific what rules you want to pass, and other stuff for that matter.

I've written a hack for the rules so you can get all of them, except "Student/Teacher Relationship" within 1 game-week at most. For drugs, once you obtain 20 levels without cheating and got the drug producing facilities, you can edit the skill in the debugger to max level. That should unlock all drug levels. I have to check, but I think it also unlock the gender change drug. Maxing the skill before you got the drug producing facility will break the game.

Hypno, or any other stat changes seemed never sticks is because the setting in "School/NormalSchool/Config/DefaultGameConfig.xml". Look at the "MindData" section, especially the ranges. If a stat is outside those ranges, the game will slowly change the stats to satisfy the range. So, to make those stat changes stick, you alter the ranges to between 0 and 100. Unfortunately, because how the game works, changes in the config files can only affect new games. There's no way for existing game to read the config changes.

cingmomon

Oct 20, 2017
is there anyway to corrupt people in the city massively? i could easily done this for students by using various policies and curriculum, but haven't found a similar way for other citizens.

also how could you obtain a hypnosis skill?

cingmomon

Oct 20, 2017
I got this error error when i go to the school backyard. I think the log said something about mind control device. Anyone know how to fix this?

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
is there anyway to corrupt people in the city massively? i could easily done this for students by using various policies and curriculum, but haven't found a similar way for other citizens.

also how could you obtain a hypnosis skill?
If you don't choose it as a fetish in character creation and get the book from there (some of the fetishes give items, like lactation fetish gives a drug for lactation... though I've never seen it do anything and I don't know if there's a reason to 'not' choose a fetish), you can go to the detective agency on a schoolday while class is in session (weekday, about 9-4), then you can look into his drawers and find a book and he'll start to teach you.

The mind control gun is arguably better for 1v1 situations because never fails, but hypnotism allows you to hit multiple people at once (which is good for corrupting say, the sex shop person).

Hypothetically if you could somehow get a successful hypnotism done in the middle of the city with a lot of people there, you could hit people for some points... but the success chance lowers the more people there are even with 100 skill. There's also drugging the water but that only happens every few weeks/I'm not sure how many that even affects at once since I know even when I use it in just the school for something obvious like the futa drugs, not every student gets affected. Apparently if you wear sluttier looking outfits you can gradually wear down the public, but again that takes a long time/you lose a lot of rep if you go too far.

Last edited:

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
Can you be specific what rules you want to pass, and other stuff for that matter.
I can never pass any of the rules as in none not a singe one on the a school board I spent over 5 hours stuck doing the same thing over again I had have half the board corrupt and the other have show me that hypnotism is useless because it does not stay lock on and always reset the next day so I raged quit the game for being to grind filled and hard no mater how I like the idea of this game.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 58 Votes