Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Is it true the current devs removed content from the game when they got their hand on the code ? If yes, why ?
It was not "as soon as we got our hands on the code". It's just that at some point in time the world in general became more critical about the depiction of underage characters in sexual contexts. And so it was decided among the people contributing to the game at that time to remove the stuff that was getting outlawed in more and more countries. We wanted to avoid any potential trouble for people working on the game as well as those playing the game. The forum where the game is being developed also introduced a ban on loli and shota content in the stuff that is being developed there, to appease the hosting company.

So yeah, you can hardly blame people for not wanting to put their necks on the line just so that other people can keep having their fetishes in the game. We don't judge anyone for their urges and they are free to create loli/shota mods and provide them on their own, but they will not be tolerated as part of the official release or in the official forum for the reasons stated above.

Other than that, a few events and corresponding images had been removed or completely reworked over time. In some cases the reason was that they were contributed as unfinished or broken stubs and left abandoned by the original author for several years and the quality was so low that nobody on the dev team wanted to invest the effort to improve on them. In other cases the character associated with those events had undergone major changes in their background story and quest lines and the old content no longer fit into the story. That's just part of the creative process.

Last edited:

Mini

Jun 24, 2017
Thank you for your answer. Now I have an other question regarding content (events mainly) are you devs going to put more content in ? Or is your work on the engine made to have a more community-based content creation (through mods) ? The latter is kinda how I understood things lately.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Thank you for your answer. Now I have an other question regarding content (events mainly) are you devs going to put more content in ? Or is your work on the engine made to have a more community-based content creation (through mods) ? The latter is kinda how I understood things lately.
It's a bit of a mix.
  • Personally, I have been working solely on the engine-side of things for years now. My focus is on providing the tools for the other content creators and it will stay like this for the foreseeable future.
  • Spinner has been doing work on all the non-engine stuff in the base game. The latter has mostly been about balancing and providing a common ground for other things to build upon. Paperdolls, balancing event stat requirements, reducing image file sizes, optimizing event performance, modernizing existing events and fixing bugs reported by players in the last release. Occasionally he has been throwing in some new stuff, but it's more about general things like PTA, town council, smartphone, etc. and not so much about entirely new erotic events.
  • DasBrain has been doing pretty much the same as Spinner.
Since we three are by far the most active contributors to the project, the overall current focus is indeed more on improving existing content instead of adding more new things.
However, Spinner and DasBrain had explicitly decided to make this upcoming release about bugfixing and providing a stable base. Many of the game's events and mechanics had been added over the course of several years by several different authors without any common guidelines. Whipping them into shape now is just a result of that technical debt that we now have to correct once. After that we will hopefully be able to slowly add more official content again. But for now, we are indeed counting on the community to bridge that content gap.

That being said, there also other contributors besides the three of us. They just do so much less frequently than we do the other changes.
  • Malorn is our most helpful contributor when it comes to adding new event content.
  • Aesaris was another frequent event contributor in the past.
However, Aesaris is only into yaoi stuff, which is what he contributes most of the time. That is also the reason why people sometimes complain that the game was all about gay stuff now - if that is the focus of one of the two official contributors, it's bound to have a larger share of the overall new stuff.

Sometimes we also add new stuff from the community to the official release, but I haven't looked into that for a while, since our focus is currently elsewhere. I haven't even looked at Lexville yet, although many consider it to be one of the best mods for the game. Since I don't even know what's in the base game anymore, I probably couldn't even tell the difference. :)

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
can u let the npc get pregnant?
Short answer: not really in the base game with one exception and it's both a good/bad one. Will place in spoilers at end.

If you are up for looking for mods and have an account on the hhs+ forum, there's a mod on this page to add pregnancy to the base game: . Read the instructions there to get it up and running but the main idea is that the pregnancy mod is activated/modified with a pack of condoms you buy in the sex shop. Use the item in your inventory and you'll get a menu that allows you to modify protection use, pregnancy speed (sadly 3 months is "fast" which, I get it compared to 9 it's really fast but also I like playing games like Corruption of Champions where you can be literal broodmother), and even if teens can get pregnant.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: xtinct

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Nonya Bizz and xtinct

The one in the base game event will be repeated every 3-5 months of game play. (That is after the first event is done and over.)

RJP

Aug 12, 2017
I hope the game will become more difficult in the future update. The first time I tried it, it was quite complicated to manage the money between your personal expenses and the school in the beginning, especially without selling that hypnotic object to the detective. After that, the game is easy to corrupt people and get what you want, especially with quicksave before risking certain movements with the students. It would be interesting if you do an ironman mode, I can't control myself and I have abused quicksave a lot.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
I hope the game will become more difficult in the future update. The first time I tried it, it was quite complicated to manage the money between your personal expenses and the school in the beginning, especially without selling that hypnotic object to the detective. After that, the game is easy to corrupt people and get what you want, especially with quicksave before risking certain movements with the students. It would be interesting if you do an ironman mode, I can't control myself and I have abused quicksave a lot.
On the one hand, once you know just what to do it is pretty good to raise up reputation and get some good corruption in so I can understand making the game more difficult or present situations that ask whether you really want more money or something possibly useful like the mind control gun (even though said gun really is mostly useless since most people are in groups and once hypnosis is high enough you can control individuals easily enough).

On the other hand, it'd be great if penalties didn't hit nearly as hard later on in the game or if certain elements weren't as hard as they currently are. The fact that the Sex Shop owner is both a PTA member and also important to the Cabaret stuff while also having no quests of her own means the only way you can progress with her is either spamming hypnosis (which will likely be super low when you try to get the first stage of stuff and as such fail), or spam drugs (which seem to fail for a long time anyway and also gets expensive fast). Not to mention how hard some later events will wreck your reputation justifiably even if it still sucks all the same (one the students start doing exhibition stuff in the park you can never hang out there or you have a chance to lose a whopping 4+ rep gain, which there is no good way to earn 'that much' in any short amount of time).

I get that at least part of this is either planned on next release or any future release (not all quests are done and clubs will be looked into), but honestly it's not so much 'difficulty' I'd be looking forward to but more opportunities. After having played games like Village of Corruption with all the succubus conversions, it'd be neat if there were more places you could corrupt in some way or even if it does have to be "the hard way" like with the Sex Shop that you can still cause further corruption.

Like, imagine if you worked at the restaurant enough or corrupted the owner/staff enough that they started serving food with less clothes or even 'tainted' the food in some way and corrupted the town that way and because it's adults doing it you don't get pinned for any blame? You corrupt the Onsen and people start doing it in the baths more or they implement a 'no towel' policy. There's already precedent for something like this where the clothing shop owner has special interactions once she's corrupted enough to sell sexy cheerleader outfits. Even if you send your swim team to the beach as lifeguards I don't think they corrupt the beach anymore than usual (I mean, I had students who were treating it like a nudist beach and didn't really get any rep losses so yea) so that would be an idea where you could either get a good source of rep by keeping them competing or corrupt the town as they go out and show themselves. The church shows some scenes and talks about how it is "corrupted" in my file, but it's not like people are going all out or anything. Heck the mayor quest chain is an interesting dillema (I personally would side with the good guy over the corrupt woman, but if she made the town more corrupt over time then it'd be worth considering), except nothing is ever changed as a result of the chain no matter who is picked.

I guess I just want more content/quests overall and as I said I'm sure some of these are either on the schedule for 1.9.6 or may be worth considering in any future update, but I guess if they did want to add any sort of difficulty they could actually implement some kind of goal (that the player can enable before starting or not). Like, even if your grades are slipping and you have a bunch of naked students literally going at it in the hallways with low reputation, the schoolboard will just come around and go "tut tut" before slapping you on the wrist. The police corruption chain makes it seem like you are going to be under watch and in danger of being arrested but it literally stops until you get enough drugs to continue the chain. If you go up to the meanest dude in a bar to find information on a kidnapping and get beat down, the game sends you outside and lets you continue with no real downside. The 'worst/hardest' part of the game is the initial rush, the money wasted with the chem lab, and any major reputation losses due to said chem lab (either failure or mad science and drugging the town, even if you succeed in the hardest/fastest way you still lose reputation) or because your students are literally going at it in the public park. Maybe they need to implement a rival principal or something where if you don't have X amount of education before a certain month the game ends or something? Again, make this optional as a big factor people like is the open sandbox nature with no real limitations, but for anyone that does want a hard mode maybe make it more realistic so that rep losses are bigger or there is an actual goal you need to accomplish before a set time.

Reactions: RJP

xtinct

Jul 29, 2018
Short answer: not really in the base game with one exception and it's both a good/bad one. Will place in spoilers at end.

If you are up for looking for mods and have an account on the hhs+ forum, there's a mod on this page to add pregnancy to the base game: . Read the instructions there to get it up and running but the main idea is that the pregnancy mod is activated/modified with a pack of condoms you buy in the sex shop. Use the item in your inventory and you'll get a menu that allows you to modify protection use, pregnancy speed (sadly 3 months is "fast" which, I get it compared to 9 it's really fast but also I like playing games like Corruption of Champions where you can be literal broodmother), and even if teens can get pregnant.

Reactions: Saburo. M

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Is futa/trans content avoidable or is it as big a focus as it appears from the discussion?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Is futa/trans content avoidable or is it as big a focus as it appears from the discussion?
It will become avoidable later in the game but one of the quest requires it.
You can research a cure for it after you get the science lab and add on.

I for one wish we could turn it off completely.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
I will stress that most of my comments on the matter in this thread are due to it being a fetish of mine. As a1fox3 points out it is part of a quest chain and is required there. To be more specific, random NPCs in the game are futas and one student in particular has a chain tied to her when you see her in the gym. You have options from there, including saying that you'll help find a cure and can attempt to cure her of her futa-ness (indeed, once you have said cure you can give it to any futa... with an option for said cure to be to a male or female meaning you can technically make a game of everyone being a boy or girl, though I will stress that this is a bad idea since various mechanics are coded for there to be a set amount of any specific gender at a time. Having an all girl school will break things).

Aside from the one student, no other main character is 'required' to be a futa (barring any drugs you give them), so aside from the default % chance for random NPCs to be a futa aside from this one chain futa is not a major part of the story.

*I am vaguely curious about starting a run now to see how a "turn her into a normal girl" route goes for giggles, it's fun revisiting the game and purposely doing different 'builds' to see how things change, especially the difference between a woman route vs a male/herm one (as herms will typically default to male positions when possible)

*Edit: went through the process, you do have to deal with mentions of her being a futa and the last part of the unlock requires blackmailing her mother so she has to do the deed there or at least pretend to (or you could get another boy to do it named Peter Hooter, though obviously you have to have him as an ally). Once it's time to 'cure' her, you get 4 choices: cure as female, cure as male, random cure, and wait. If you cure as male she instantly changes but there won't be an event, and if you cure as female I think she also instantly turns fully female, but about a week after she'll go back to your office and thank you or be bummed at you (turn her female, she's happy, turn her male she's bummed and you say "hey, cure makes you what you are meant to be" *whistle innocently*)

Last edited:
Reactions: AtotehZ

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Doesn't sound like it's a game for me then. I don't wanna bastardise what was intended. Futa or gay content is just not for me.

Thanks for going so in depth with your answer.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
Doesn't sound like it's a game for me then. I don't wanna bastardise what was intended. Futa or gay content is just not for me.

Thanks for going so in depth with your answer.
It is extremely minimal if that is your issue, in fact I'd say gay content is more prevalent than futa (if only for the corruption in the school making the boys go with each other). Due to the open world nature of the game, a lot of quests can be safely ignored unless you are trying to achieve certain goals (i.e. you pretty much should always take the Perrier quest due to reputation+money gain), but the character the mandatory futa is involved in is really there for two reasons: corrupt the nurse of your school, and gain the option to make/cure futas. If the concern is over "random amount of NPCs are futas", there are ways to change the settings in the game (though I'll admit I don't know the exact options and I'm unsure if the filter list will explicitly ban futa characters from even being made). Even when the event kicks off you can end it right after seeing the girl's a futa and outside of the random NPCs there is no other main character who is one as far as I recall*

*okay technically not true, one of the newspaper people is a futa and if you answer wrong you suck her dick during the newspaper chain, but the text/scene can be done really fast and you don't even interact with that character anymore afterwards unless you want to.

What I'm saying is, if anything else in this game looks interesting, I'd give it a shot. Futa/gay content is minimal and is pretty much exclusive to a few specific characters.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
(though I'll admit I don't know the exact options and I'm unsure if the filter list will explicitly ban futa characters from even being made).
The filter list will not influence the population generation in any way, but it will at minimum prevent the corresponding images from being shown and (if the events are set up accordingly) prevent the events from running altogether. Usually all events except for mandatory story events are set up with appropriate filters.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
The filter list will not influence the population generation in any way, but it will at minimum prevent the corresponding images from being shown and (if the events are set up accordingly) prevent the events from running altogether. Usually all events except for mandatory story events are set up with appropriate filters.
Quoting mostly to continue what I was saying for AtotehZ, there is a way to change said population generation (though obviously best to do this before starting a save).

When you start up the game you should see it say "Configuration: DefaultGameConfig.xml" (before you even load any saves/go to the town). If you look in the folder menus, go to "Schools" -> "NormalSchool" folder -> "Config" folder. In that last folder you should see "DefaultGameConfig.xml", this file will influence the town creation on startup of a file and one of the first sections talks about the gender percentages. In the base file, the default is "45% males, 45% females, 10% futa", and while this won't work on special characters (the mandatory student/newspaper person), this will influence the overall population. Again, read the warning on the "required minimum" gender ratios as there have been times where I'd mess around and cause events to break due to said gender shenanigans in the game. This means if you are worried at all about seeing a single futa in the game, you can set it to 0% and be done with it.

*looking through all the config file stuff is making me want to do dumb decision runs like starting everyone off at max corruption/lust

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
That's interesting. That makes it less random. I will definitely try the game out after reading some of your responses, but I have the same relation to Futa/trans and gay as some have to NTR and Snuff. As long as I only have to see 1 or 2 scenes as part of the story I'm not gonna make a fuss.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
That's interesting. That makes it less random. I will definitely try the game out after reading some of your responses, but I have the same relation to Futa/trans and gay as some have to NTR and Snuff. As long as I only have to see 1 or 2 scenes as part of the story I'm not gonna make a fuss.
I should note that I made a small mistake and need to make a correction: the gender section I saw was for ADULTS, if you go through the document you'll see a specific area for students. As I've said before, follow the restrictions in place because students really do need specific gender ratios for events to kick off (even ones you don't think are gendered like the swim club just doing training or competing).

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
When you are in the map screen of the game, there is also a button in the top left that can be used to set some in-game options. One of the sections is about futanari in particular. You can decide whether they should show up with or without testicles in the paperdolls and there is also a button to convert all futanari (except pre-built special NPCs) in the game to pure male and female gender at a 50/50 ratio. In addition with the filter settings, that should get rid of them for good without needing to fiddle with the config file.
While many events in the game may require a minimum amount of boys and girls in order to trigger (so you shouldn't have a full unisex population), there shouldn't really be any non-futa events that require the presence of futas. So removing all _should_ not lead to any issues.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
When you are in the map screen of the game, there is also a button in the top left that can be used to set some in-game options. One of the sections is about futanari in particular. You can decide whether they should show up with or without testicles in the paperdolls and there is also a button to convert all futanari (except pre-built special NPCs) in the game to pure male and female gender at a 50/50 ratio. In addition with the filter settings, that should get rid of them for good without needing to fiddle with the config file.
While many events in the game may require a minimum amount of boys and girls in order to trigger (so you shouldn't have a full unisex population), there shouldn't really be any non-futa events that require the presence of futas. So removing all _should_ not lead to any issues.
Thank you for getting involved in this. Saves a lot of trial and error when the guy who made it gives his piece :)

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes