RPGM Henteria Chronicles Ch. 3 : The Peacekeepers [Update 13] [N_taii]

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Personally my view on how things should end up is pretty simple. In most fiction a character like the duke is extremely unscrupulous. In a lot of stories like HC3 that involve conspiracies to conquer a nation the person in charge begins killing specific allies and enemies to consolidate their power and that's exactly what I think the duke should be doing here.

Kill Jazon's uncle, and in the process Haylen winds up in the clutches of the duke. Have the magic shop owner be a supplier for the cabal and Lily is snatched up when Ulrod kills her boss to silence him. Finally the duke kills Ulrod to replace him with a more reliable and loyal lieutenant and thus Cyanna passes onto the duke.

More than any other character in the series the duke feels like an arch villain and should be treated accordingly.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Miss Y

JagOvv

Oct 17, 2017
Personally my view on how things should end up is pretty simple. In most fiction a character like the duke is extremely unscrupulous. In a lot of stories like HC3 that involve conspiracies to conquer a nation the person in charge begins killing specific allies and enemies to consolidate their power and that's exactly what I think the duke should be doing here.

Kill Jazon's uncle, and in the process Haylen winds up in the clutches of the duke. Have the magic shop owner be a supplier for the cabal and Lily is snatched up when Ulrod kills her boss to silence him. Finally the duke kills Ulrod to replace him with a more reliable and loyal lieutenant and thus Cyanna passes onto the duke.

More than any other character in the series the duke feels like an arch villain and should be treated accordingly.
If that becomes true, it would be wild for Ulrod to catch onto Duke's plot to kill him and ally with Leto to try to take him down.

Reactions: Ion.TemUS

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
I see that the subject of "how long until it's done" along with the game's pacing was brought up yet again a few pages back so here's my two cents on it, even if nobody gives a shit about it. xdd

My only REAL concern right now regarding the game is that i'm afraid that the second half is gonna be rushed, which is kinda funny since the game is already longer as it is right now than 70% of every other NTR game out there.
I get that the "around 20 Updates" is not official and that N_Taii's gonna release Updates for as long as he needs to until he can wrap up the story, but the general idea is that the game is gonna end somewhere around in that ballpark, afterall whenever someone asks when the game is gonna be finised, nowadays the answer is always the same..."we're somewhere around the halfwaypoint", not to mention that there's also the fact that N_Taii has mentioned multiple times that he aims to finish the game before the end of 2024, which i wholeheartedly believe is impossible because even if N_Taii was to work at full efficiency and release EVERY remaining Update exacly 35 days after the previous one, that's still what...Update 19 in late December ? Not even because he said he's gonna ignore his 35 day rule for the endings and work on them for as long as he needs to...and there's 3 of them, maybe even 4 if he goes through with that 2 different NTR endings he mentioned, and let's not forget that each ending gets it's own Update, so the last 3 or 4 Updates will be endings only, meaning that if let's say the game is 21 Updates long, N_Taii would need to warp up the story and set up everything by the end of Update 17 or 18 so that he can move on to work on the different endings.

I know i'm in no position to demand anything, maybe ask but even that's a stretch, but i absolutely do think that each of the 4 main girls SHOULD have at the very least 7 sex scenes before the endings star coming in, or i guess not sex scenes just 7 proper scenes of any kind AFTER their first sex scenes, which is kinda the root of all my worries because we're at Update11 and Haylen&Lily are still not at a point where they would even consider having sex, Haylen will probably get her first sex scene at the end of Update 12, same with Lily but in Update 13, but that still leaves very little room for them between their first sex scenes and the endings.
7 scenes for each main girl would mean 28 scenes in total, which depending on the amount of scenes per update(3 or 4) would mean either 7 or 9 Updates, and that's JUST the main girls, there are also the maids, the guards, the barmaids, the nun with the name that can lead to a stroke when said out loud, i just don't see how the corruption of all these girls could be fleshed out properly in this many Updates when there are SOO many parts of the story that still needs to be told.

We don't know what the duke's true plans are with the peacekeepers OR with Rose, we don't know the whole purpose of the necklaces, we don't know how that thing on the ship at the prologue changed Leto when it exploded, we don't know WHY it exploded, we barely know anything about the secret cult, what their plan is or who it's members are, we have no idea how that tribe that kidnapped Leto is gonna be relevant to the story, we don't know who killed Rose's parents (I still believe in my theory that the whole thing was staged and Rose's parents are alive), we don't know why girls need to be corrupted (my guess is every memeber of the cult has a necklace and they all need to charge it for something, therefore everyone was assigned to a certain girl, the Duke got Rose, Nezar got Lily, Jazon's uncle got Haylen and Ulrod got Cyanna, although i don't know why because Ulrod is technically not part of the cult), AND MOST IMPORTANTLY WE STILL DIDN'T GET THE SLICE OF LIFE UPDATE, THE EQUIVALENT OF THE BEACH QUEST IN HC2!!!

I do hope that i'm just worried for nothing, but as of right now i see 2 ways this can go if we're about 7 or 8 Updates away from the endings, we're gonna either get a great story at the expense of the corruption, or an amazing corruption but a rushed story.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
I think N_Taii has made the same miskate as Dr.PinkCake with BAD, they both overreached and added WAAY too many girls to their game and now they're stuck with them until the end unless they kill some of them off. I said it once either here or on Patreon that N_Taii should make HC4 the same way as he did HC1, he should reduce the number of girls back to 3 (2 main 1 side or 1 main and 2 side), but now i remember that even in HC1 there were 4 girls, i just forgot about the green haired one xdd.

Still, 3 girls for HC4 or less extra girls would be a breath of fresh air honestly, just imagine how much further we would be storywise in HC3 if Lily didn't exist, the manor event that we had for Update11 would've been content for Update8 or 9 probably (I'm glad that she's in the game don't get me wrong, and i definitely wouldn't want N_Taii to write her out of the story, but if she never existed in the first place i wouldn't know about her therefore i wouldn't miss her).

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
We don't know what the duke's true plans are with the peacekeepers OR with Rose, we don't know the whole purpose of the necklaces, we don't know how that thing on the ship at the prologue changed Leto when it exploded, we don't know WHY it exploded, we barely know anything about the secret cult, what their plan is or who it's members are, we have no idea how that tribe that kidnapped Leto is gonna be relevant to the story, we don't know who killed Rose's parents (I still believe in my theory that the whole thing was staged and Rose's parents are alive), we don't know why girls need to be corrupted (my guess is every member of the cult has a necklace and they all need to charge it for something, therefore everyone was assigned to a certain girl, the Duke got Rose, Nezar got Lily, Jazon's uncle got Haylen and Ulrod got Cyanna, although i don't know why because Ulrod is technically not part of the cult), AND MOST IMPORTANTLY WE STILL DIDN'T GET THE SLICE OF LIFE UPDATE, THE EQUIVALENT OF THE BEACH QUEST IN HC2!!!
I agree with so much of your post, but this here is really an important part of why I'm feeling so lukewarm on Chapter 3 as of late — the fact that it feels like the main story only progresses once every three or four months, and that progress doesn't feel very significant at all because the game is really dragging out the overarching mystery of the secret cult. It doesn't feel intriguing so much as frustrating.

More than anything, for Chapter 4... I truly, sincerely hope that it won't follow Chapter 3's format of having dedicated "Haylen" and "Lily" style updates as side-characters. The deeper we get into the game, the more it feels like those months are just the most brutal kind of momentum killers even when the actual content is very enjoyable. I like Haylen's character a lot and am very eager to see her story finally cross that big line, but even still, there is always a bit of disappointment with her updates because I know she is just perpetually playing catch-up with Cyanna and Rose in the main story, and that any month where Haylen gets the spotlight means that the main story doesn't move forward an inch during that time.

It would be like if Chapter 2 had five whole updates of its development devoted to Solana, where none of the other characters were allowed to do anything during those months other than get a couple of freeroam scenes.

Reactions: Matoga and JagOvv

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I think N_Taii has made the same miskate as Dr.PinkCake with BAD, they both overreached and added WAAY too many girls to their game and now they're stuck with them until the end unless they kill some of them off. I said it once either here or on Patreon that N_Taii should make HC4 the same way as he did HC1, he should reduce the number of girls back to 3 (2 main 1 side or 1 main and 2 side), but now i remember that even in HC1 there were 4 girls, i just forgot about the green haired one xdd.

Still, 3 girls for HC4 or less extra girls would be a breath of fresh air honestly, just imagine how much further we would be storywise in HC3 if Lily didn't exist, the manor event that we had for Update11 would've been content for Update8 or 9 probably (I'm glad that she's in the game don't get me wrong, and i definitely wouldn't want N_Taii to write her out of the story, but if she never existed in the first place i wouldn't know about her therefore i wouldn't miss her).
Four girls is not too many. HC1 had three, HC2 had five, four is a healthy medium. The issue I'm having isn't the number it's the assignment of value and importance. Rose is the clear most important female character. You could remove any of the other three and the overall impact to the plot wouldn't be too big of a deal, but if you take out Rose then the story crumples. Cyanna is the obvious second most important as her storylines tend to support Rose and Leto's stories. The issue is that Haylen and Lily could be removed completely and the story could easily keep chugging along.

Because Lily and Haylen are only occasionally involved in the story their content is developed separate, which in turn slows down development of the main story which can cause the game to drag. Lily and Haylen do not move the plot forward so their updates feel less important. It's like how Rose and Cyanna had that split scene going for their cherry popping scenes, the difference in stakes between the two acts made Cyanna's scene feel completely insignificant. So when we get updates that are focused on Lily and Haylen everything else screeches to a halt and the content we get feels so much less valuable. Case in point, Rose and Cyanna have a major update, N_Taii moves and takes a month off, Lily and Haylen get updates, suddenly Rose and Cyanna don't get new scene for six months which makes content for Lily and Haylen feel even more tedious.

tldr; it's not the number of characters it's their relative importance that I have a problem with.

inye59

May 9, 2020
tldr; it's not the number of characters it's their relative importance that I have a problem with.
I am with you on that.
Because Lily and Haylen are only occasionally involved in the story their content is developed separate, which in turn slows down development of the main story which can cause the game to drag. Lily and Haylen do not move the plot forward so their updates feel less important. It's like how Rose and Cyanna had that split scene going for their cherry popping scenes, the difference in stakes between the two acts made Cyanna's scene feel completely insignificant. So when we get updates that are focused on Lily and Haylen everything else screeches to a halt and the content we get feels so much less valuable. Case in point, Rose and Cyanna have a major update, N_Taii moves and takes a month off, Lily and Haylen get updates, suddenly Rose and Cyanna don't get new scene for six months which makes content for Lily and Haylen feel even more tedious.
Well... Not exactly. The loss of a lover, mother, sister, or child friend is common to the NTR trope. If people feel insignificance towards their story, it's either because the bond between them wasn't solidified enough in our conscience or their story haven't cross the main line yet. For example, I am with Brutus. Cyana's figure kept him alive while he was in deep shit as a kid or early teenager when he was enslaved and became a gladiator. He would fight and give every ounce of his will to have her.

As for Haylen, I don't get the feeling (again, I am only at mission 9, so I haven't seen everything so far) that she betrays something significant. She gives in to lust with a younger man, she is single, and the fact that she is a priest and has some inner moral issues when she falls into lust has nothing to do with us.

Regarding Lily, she has always been a lone wolf and very independent. While she has feelings for Leto, she has distanced herself from the beginning. I don't feel as attached to her.

TLDR: I like their stories, but more as individuals, not as part of a grand betrayal scheme. I understand why people may not enjoing them. They have a more realistic background not a hentai one

Reactions: Matoga

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I am with you on that.

Well... Not exactly. The loss of a lover, mother, sister, or child friend is common to the NTR trope. If people feel insignificance towards their story, it's either because the bond between them wasn't solidified enough in our conscience or their story haven't cross the main line yet. For example, I am with Brutus. Cyana's figure kept him alive while he was in deep shit as a kid or early teenager when he was enslaved and became a gladiator. He would fight and give every ounce of his will to have her.

As for Haylen, I don't get the feeling (again, I am only at mission 9, so I haven't seen everything so far) that she betrays something significant. She gives in to lust with a younger man, she is single, and the fact that she is a priest and has some inner moral issues when she falls into lust has nothing to do with us.

Regarding Lily, she has always been a lone wolf and very independent. While she has feelings for Leto, she has distanced herself from the beginning. I don't feel as attached to her.

TLDR: I like their stories, but more as individuals, not as part of a grand betrayal scheme. I understand why people may not enjoing them. They have a more realistic background not a hentai one
Yes exactly. I'm not talking about how they fit into the NTR trope category, I'm talking about how the content for Lily and Haylen is distinct from the main plot. The NTR roles they fulfill is completely irrelevant topic at hand, the topic at hand is purely how their content is treated and how it is implemented. Chop it out and from a main narrative perspective nothing is lost. Focus on it exclusively and the main plot grinds to a halt. This is irrefuable fact. When major events happen, such as they did in the most recent update, and we shift to Lily or Haylen it can feel like a wasted update. This issue could be rectified if they were treated as part of the main plot and their content was developed more in tandem with Rose and Cyanna's.

You are not even halfway through the game as the most recent Patreon update is all the way to quest 21. You have yet to experience the story events I'm referring to and on top of that you're not experiencing major events as they happen and then waiting four to six months between updates for those characters. Your perspective on the issues I'm complaining about are completeley different by pure virtue of the fact that our experiences with the game are antipodal.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Update 11 is actually slightly shorter than more recent updates. It makes up for this by keeping the pace brisk, playing up the drama, and then delivering with some a couple great scenes and some killer freeroams.

Ashirou

Sep 4, 2017
Damn, i'm gonna sit this one out till every update is release. So i can make my Kingdom CUM till the ending like heNTeRia 2

inye59

May 9, 2020
Yes exactly. I'm not talking about how they fit into the NTR trope category, I'm talking about how the content for Lily and Haylen is distinct from the main plot. The NTR roles they fulfill is completely irrelevant topic at hand, the topic at hand is purely how their content is treated and how it is implemented. Chop it out and from a main narrative perspective nothing is lost. Focus on it exclusively and the main plot grinds to a halt. This is irrefuable fact. When major events happen, such as they did in the most recent update, and we shift to Lily or Haylen it can feel like a wasted update. This issue could be rectified if they were treated as part of the main plot and their content was developed more in tandem with Rose and Cyanna's.

You are not even halfway through the game as the most recent Patreon update is all the way to quest 21. You have yet to experience the story events I'm referring to and on top of that you're not experiencing major events as they happen and then waiting four to six months between updates for those characters. Your perspective on the issues I'm complaining about are completeley different by pure virtue of the fact that our experiences with the game are antipodal.
The way you present it on your First paragraph might give the impression that you don't care much for Haylen's and Lily's stories. However, the story is not solely about the peacekeepers or Rose or Cyana, it primarily revolves around Leto and his betrayal of loved ones. In many stories, the focus isn't just on one element but rather on how the main character, through various situations, undergoes transformation. That's why their stories are crucial. It's not solely about the country it's more about Leto.

Now, as for your second half, we don’t have to agree. Believe it or not, we are not antipodal, on the contrary, we are on the same page, mostly. Our only difference is that I see they could have a role in Leto’s betrayal during the great reveal when he seeks help, and they will choose their significant other instead of him. You are focusing on the main plot. When the developer has to work on other content in the story that you find boring, it’s obvious why you feel that way. If my statements are incorrect throughout the game, I will report it in about a month when I finish the game update.

Reactions: Racoon_4 and Matoga

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
I've been thinking about buying the new Crusader Kings DLC but this autistic friend of mine has also been nagging me constantly this last couple of weeks to buy the upcoming Elden Ring DLC so that we can "play the game at the same time when it comes out" ???

Anyhow, while i was going back and forth between the two games i stumbled upon this:
1709634522667.png

*sigh* Fine, i'll buy this damn game when it comes out on Steam....jeez. :cautious:

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes