RPGM Henteria Chronicles Ch. 3 : The Peacekeepers [Update 15] [N_taii]

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes

Yambidexter

Jul 16, 2020
Putting your ideas and wishes aside, you do know that starting a post with "being in a decent mood today ill give the ones who experience trouble grasping my posts" sounds incredibly arrogant, right? Like "since I am feeling gracious today I will grant you the great honor of partaking in my brilliant ideas, uneducated peasants" type deal. This is how you come across when you start a post like this. Like everybody else here is just too stupid to understand you.
Believe it or not, when I write something here on F95 or anywhere else, I generally understand quite well what I'm writing and to which end.

I don't think that majority of people who can originally grasp what I write should take any offense in this post you're referring to as they're just outside of it's scope.

The chosen few, or this particular guy I was responding to, on the other hand... The whole point is to convey what I think about their intellectual capability, no matter how arrogant, or personal or coming off as trolling it might be or seem.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Now, I know the instinct is to respond to a post as rude, condescending, arrogant, and childish as the one above mine... but do yourselves a favour and don't. He's showing his own ass, we don't need to pay it any heed.

Oct 17, 2017
Believe it or not, when I write something here on F95 or anywhere else, I generally understand quite well what I'm writing and to which end.

I don't think that majority of people who can originally grasp what I write should take any offense in this post you're referring to as they're just outside of it's scope.

The chosen few, or this particular guy I was responding to, on the other hand... The whole point is to convey what I think about their intellectual capability, no matter how arrogant, or personal or coming off as trolling it might be or seem.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
Rose's scene with those pirates in update 13 was, in my opinion, a couple updates early.
yeah it may have come early, but it's the best scene in the entire game, so I have no qualms with it :BootyTime:
I hope that i am VERY wrong about this, but i can't help but feel like we're much closer to the end of the story than most of us realises it. I still think that we're more than a year away from the very last Update of HC3, as a matter of fact i don't even that think we're gonna see the last Update before the end of 2025 at all, but the Story itself i think is not gonna be as long as most people think it's gonna be, so even though i kinda agree that the pirate scene was a bit too early, i also feel like i wouldn't feel this way if the rest of the story was available and i knew exacly how far is that scene exacly is from the ending.

Reactions: bucefala

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
"In this moment, i am euphoric. Not because of any phony God's blessing, but because, I am enlightened by my own intelligence" -Aalewis

God i loved everything that /r/Atheism and the Fedora stood for, it was an endless source of entertainment, it had me questioning how it is possible that if you've got internet access this was all free for you to enjoy.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
anyone got the new proof of life pictures?
Why not

PoL230:
PoL-230.png
PoL231:
PoL-231.png
PoL232:
PoL-232.png
PoL233:
PoL-233.png

//Sidenote: i still don't like that Haylen has feelings for Leto and i'll pray to every Deity that i can find that in HC4 we'll go back to having a real mother and/or a real sister. I know that this is for the revenge ending where Leto will inevitably create a Harem of every girl that ever wronged him, but i still hate it with every fiber of my being.//

Reactions: Derdort

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
I hope that i am VERY wrong about this, but i can't help but feel like we're much closer to the end of the story than most of us realises it.
I definitely think this is a direct result of the way that updates are being split between Rose/Cyanna, Lily, and Haylen. It gives kind of an illusion on both ends, that we've been following the story for almost two years now so the game currently feels a lot longer than it actually is... and that with the undetermined amount of development time remaining, another full year from now might feel like a long time and a ton of content, but would only amount to four more updates of main story progress which isn't really as much as you'd think when you look at how much things changed over the course of 12 updates in Chapter 2.

//Sidenote: i still don't like that Haylen has feelings for Leto and i'll pray to every Deity that i can find that in HC4 we'll go back to having a real mother and/or a real sister. I know that this is for the revenge ending where Leto will inevitably create a Harem of every girl that ever wronged him, but i still hate it with every fiber of my being.//
There's no doubt in my mind that this is probably a minority opinion... but while I don't particularly mind this portrayal of Haylen, I feel like I would much prefer the opposite to be true, of Leto being the one to struggle with some confused feelings that he refuses to acknowledge or examine. There are only so many tricks you can pull with such a pure-hearted and thoroughly sexless protagonist, that part of me can't help yearning to see him display a bit more sexual friction instead of being so effortlessly, flawlessly chaste.

Last edited:
Reactions: bucefala and Matoga

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
I definitely think this is a direct result of the way that updates are being split between Rose/Cyanna, Lily, and Haylen. It gives kind of an illusion on both ends, that we've been following the story for almost two years now so the game currently feels a lot longer than it actually is... and that with the undetermined amount of development time remaining, another full year from now might feel like a long time and a ton of content, but would only amount to four more updates of main story progress which isn't really as much as you'd think when you look at how much things changed over the course of 12 updates in Chapter 2.
I know for a fact that Update8 was released in August of last year cause that's the Update where Rose and Cyanna had sex for the first time and that was the last Update N_Taii released before he moved to Japan in September, and i'm saying this because if Update8 was released a year ago and we're at Update14...well, Update15 is probably coming out this week so let's be generous, if we're at Update15 and Update8 was released a year ago, then that means that in the course of 12 months we only got 7 Updates, which would mean that if N_Taii's schedule stays the same, which it probably will, then a year from now we're gonna be sitting at around Update22, maybe Update23 if we're lucky, which might sound a lot on paper, especially if you compare it to HC2, but let's just count for a second.

This is totally subjective and don't take it as anything else than my opinion, but I would say that as of Update14, now that Lily and Haylen are caught up to each other, i would say that both of them needs 3 more quests AT LEAST, before we can move onto the endings, and since nowadays every sidequest gets it's own Update, that would mean that including Haylen's Update15, there needs to be 6 more Updates that are dedicated to sidequests only, then you add the 4 endings, each with it's own Updates, and suddenly you're at Update24 and that's with the main story not moving an INCH. That's why i think that either the story is gonna be shorter then we actually think, OR we're still gonna be talking about the next Update of this same game 2 years from now, which just feels so unreal that i'm inclined to believe that the game is gonna be shorter then we think.

Last edited:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Sigh....another month till rose show up again :( :( :( :(((((
Three months, actually. We've got at least another week until the next update releases to paying supporters, which means that there's probably another 6-8 weeks until the next update which is intended to focus on the main story releases. So that's likely to be two months for supporters and add another month to that for the public release.

On the plus side depending on the results of a possible patreon poll there's a chance that the next update will be held back a week so N_taii can put in new freeroams which will include main characters so Rose might be getting a cameo soon.

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Proof of Life #232: An itch that won't go away

Hello, hello, hello everynyan! How are you doing in this fine morning/afternoon/evening? As the temperature outside stays between 35-40 degrees celsius, I often catch myself thanking whatever god's responsible for the invention of air conditioning.

In Henteria, there seems to be no seasons, and the temperature hovers between hot and cold so the characters have an excuse to justify whatever they're wearing at the moment. That's especially true for Haylen, which we can partially see in the screenshot above frantically trying to scratch a presistent itch. It was probably caused by some new type of mosquito, who knows?

I've done some good progress last week, and I'm getting to the last leg of the update already. This one will be the most complicated and technical part to develop, so it'll take a little while to get it done, but the update will definitely be shorter than the ones before, which also means it'll be finished sooner too.

For this one, the emphasis will be put on smaller sexual events and less on "big scenes". More than a few times in this update I've wondered if a scene was long enough to be put in the reminiscence room, but it also didn't make much sense to make it any longer and might have seemed like I was dragging things out. All in all, there should be 2 big scenes, 1-2 smaller scenes, and a bunch of events all throughout (+ an extra scene).

Depending on how long it takes for me to finish everything, I've also been pondering taking some extra time to add a few freeroams with a bunch of characters besides Haylen (some NPCs, some main characters, etc...) before releasing the update. I'll probably do a poll about it, we'll see.

That's it for today! I'll see you next Monday for another PoL ; )

Thank you for sticking by, and have a wonderful week!

N_Taii

0bb38ef3b4fc37fd0f331a653bdbad61200bbb6d5e3d618f469c0d0c935e86af.jpg

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Proof of Life #233: Some more bonding

Heya people from earth and beyond, how's it going in this fine morning/afternoon/evening? Personally, I'm doing pretty well, and I hope that you are too~ Anyway, here's more HC3 news!

I've had a good week of development, although I didn't progress as much as I'd hoped. This is mainly due to the fact that some irl stuff came up again at the beginning of the week, then the scene(s) I was developing required more custom stuff than I expected, meaning that I spent quite a long time writing detailed descriptions and looking up references to send to the artists. The good thing is that, as I keep commissioning stuff, I often have ready-made stuff to use as reference, like "I'd like you to make this position, but with these characters instead", so it's quicker. By tomorrow, I should be about done with the extra scene, which leaves a small and a bigger scene to make before I'm finished with the main content for Update 15.

As I mentioned like two weeks earlier, the idea for this update is to build up some sexual and romantic tension between Leto and Haylen, as you can see above. I have to say it, but Haylen isn't actually nude on Leto's lap. I mean, she is in the screenshot, but the actual sprite has her wearing clothes, and the unclothed one is more of an imaginary "what if" sprite to illustrate the dialogue spoken during the scene. It'll hopefully be clearer once you play it.

Now, onto some more Haylen-Jazon action!

That's it for this PoL! I'll see you again next Monday for another PoL ; )

As always, thank you for reading, and have a wonderful week!

N_Taii

da1d351ab8684f62c1e99a7369a32ee1ec7997599d8da41902e809dffdc9634d.jpg

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Proof of Life #234: Getting there

Heya you beautiful people out there, how is it going in this fine morning/afternoon/evening? I'm sure it's now going a lot better thanks to this PoL. It has to. There's no other way. Monday Pols are the ultimate mood makers, everyone knows that.

So, it's as the title said, I'm getting there. I'm currently making the last scene, which required a load of explaining stuff to artists left and right because I kept coming up with new ideas, so it got delayed a little. I'm exploring a new dynamic between Haylen and Jazon to use during their more intimate moments, and it requires some really specific animations to work as I imagined it.

After the scene is done and tested, I'll have to restest everything and add the freeroams, but I'm pretty sure I'll be done with everything this week if I don't die (we got a bump in the mega-earthquake risk this week here in Japan). This update took longer than expected, as with everything I ever do gamedev-wise, but I'll stick to my word and upload a poll very soon to ask you guys if you want 1)a release as soon as the update is done with 2-3 new Haylen-related freeroams or, 2)me taking an extra week to add more freeroams with other characters, main ones, side ones, NPCs, randoms, I'll see what fits more (accessible to Grunt(5$) tier and above), so look forward to that ; )

That's it for this PoL! I'll see you soon with the poll, and maybe next Monday with another PoL post (if I have anything worthwile to say).

Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful week!

N_Taii

ccd68bccda5632f381f72f6062f1144f24f891af8d92f832a28d902c0f34ed77.jpg

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
There's no doubt in my mind that this is probably a minority opinion... but while I don't particularly mind this portrayal of Haylen, I feel like I would much prefer the opposite to be true, of Leto being the one to struggle with some confused feelings that he refuses to acknowledge or examine. There are only so many tricks you can pull with such a pure-hearted and thoroughly sexless protagonist, that part of me can't help yearning to see him display a bit more sexual friction instead of being so effortlessly, flawlessly chaste.
Yea definitely. But I honestly prefer it to be neither.
Im not into either, so my opinion should hold little weight, but I like the angle of "you are taking away the attention and affection of someone I love (not sexually or romantically) and corrupting and changing them in a way that I do not like" more than the "my mother and me are into each other".

Reactions: bucefala

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Thankfully Leto is not presented as a sexless protagonist. What he's presented as is a bit of an emotional turnip. The Leto we've seen is dating a princess and therefore is not able to express his romantic intentions with her to the extent either of them would have preferred. He was raised by a nun after the trauma of losing his whole family, between how he responds to lewd behaviour and Cyanna's own initial discomfort with her own coerced antics and even before that the antics of the sloots under her command paint a childhood in which they did not receive adequate sexual education. Leto isn't sexless he's just a naive kid who is under the impression that his girlfriend was putting off sex until marriage or until she was in a position where she wouldn't be judged for being with a commoner, he's your standard socially awkard kid who simply hasn't had sex yet.

Personally I don't want there to be any sort of romance between Haylen and Leto. Especially since she's already willingly getting railed by Jazon. If N_Taii is trying to increase the tension then to me the best bet would to be to simply focus on how close their emotional bond is, push it up to the brink of platonic but don't push any further. And if there is to be some sort of romantic attachment it should be completely one sided and Haylen shouldn't notice it.

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
Thankfully Leto is not presented as a sexless protagonist. What he's presented as is a bit of an emotional turnip. The Leto we've seen is dating a princess and therefore is not able to express his romantic intentions with her to the extent either of them would have preferred. He was raised by a nun after the trauma of losing his whole family, between how he responds to lewd behaviour and Cyanna's own initial discomfort with her own coerced antics and even before that the antics of the sloots under her command paint a childhood in which they did not receive adequate sexual education. Leto isn't sexless he's just a naive kid who is under the impression that his girlfriend was putting off sex until marriage or until she was in a position where she wouldn't be judged for being with a commoner, he's your standard socially awkard kid who simply hasn't had sex yet.
In hindsight, "sexless" might have been the wrong word to describe it... Maybe "sexually passive" would be a better label? Him being in a relationship with Rose doesn't really counter that because their relationship is framed in such a chaste and wholesome light, where he seems perfectly content with just kissing and holding hands until Rose decides that the time is right. Unless I am forgetting something from earlier updates, he never gives any indication of wanting to do anything more than that because Rose is always the one who jokingly brings up that subject on her own and then explains why they have to wait, more to convince herself than to placate Leto because he is firmly following her lead and never gets swept up in the moment where she needs to remind him. If anything, it makes it seem like she is the only one who is feeling impatient to cross that line and needs to repeatedly talk herself out of it.

You can obviously assume that he does want more because it's just the natural progression of a relationship, but that's what I am trying to point out with his character — that you rarely get to see him express any tangible sense of desire and then resist it. I can only think of a scant few instances where we get to see his sex drive come up at all:
1.) He wakes up with a boner at one point, where Lily makes a joke about it and Cyanna gets embarrassed.
2.) I'm pretty sure he watches the dancers for a bit at the Duke's party, which is a good start but not really enough on its own.
3.) He has the two NTR nightmares, which I can't really count because I feel like we are supposed to take that as some external force from the "artifact" in the prologue attempting to influence him, like Möre was doing to Noah in Chapter 2.

In pretty much every other situation I can recall with characters other than Rose, he just defaults to getting flustered and immediately looking away with no lingering impact. He never dwells on anything he sees or has it affect any of his relationships, like how there was an entire update showing Rose's reaction to Cyanna kissing him but he barely gives it a second thought once the crisis was over. And when it comes to Rose, he is quite literally the perfect gentleman even in the solitude of his own imagination. There are no moments of weakness where you get to see how much he is sacrificing in order to stay loyal to the woman that he loves. That he still has needs, and is actively suppressing them out of his devotion to her.

There's nothing inherently wrong with writing a character that way; I just wish there was more sexual tension with Leto specifically because I think that makes the NTR more interesting.

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes