2.90 star(s) 26 Votes

Pause development of new content for a week to convert all animations to videos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
There's also something I'm trying to do after watching a bunch of youtube videos on how movies / television shows are made; I've seen people mention "my transitions suck," and yeah, this game has a bunch of those right now that aren't exactly good, and many that should really be nuked.

So with something like my Holiday game, I've got a transition that shows Joy's feet (the love interest) and it's a slick, pull up the image to reveal the one below kind of thing. The feet renders are for the staircase, to make it a better "walk away," along with the transition...at least, in theory.

This is a piece of what I'm doing with the rework, eg, trying to make those moments more interesting, rendered better, and coded / edited better in the final product.

yukare

Jul 16, 2017
What's up, fellow gorillas? And humans ;)

I shared on Patreon yesterday, and wanted to share here too: I'm working on the version 2.0 of this game as my new project and putting Milfy Cases on hold until the remake is finished.

Using Ren'py 8, and all the things I've learned since I made this game 3 years ago, now I am wondering...what do *you* think would make it 10x better?

Sandbox? Point & click? Better story, obviously - that's the top priority for the remake. Second to that, I'm updating renders, and since I just got started, I don't yet know if this is remaking every single image...the majority, or just the worst bits. That's TBD as I get through it. To start, I'm tackling the prologue, the existing one, and a revamped additional scene to ground the story better in the life of Chad, the alcoholic writer, with the mercenary past.
Please, really please, no sandbox and no point & click!

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Please, really please, no sandbox and no point & click!
You've convinced me. It's extra work, and since multiple people said no, whelp, that's what I'll be doing.

At the moment, it's mostly renders with some previews of before + after on Discord. Rewriting is going to begin once I have the new prologue closer to done, probably over the weekend. Sadly, it's not a quick process, but I'm moving as fast as I can.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
There isn't a single scene with Daisy, Rose, or Lily getting stuck in a dryer.

:eek:

Then again, there weren't any scenes in a laundry room in the current version, either.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've been sharing more remade / expanded images on my Discord as well if you'd like to see how it's going.

Cheers folks.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
You know how some people don't like to re-use a towel?

Well, in my personal opinion, the only people that do that at home are ones who don't have experience paying a water bill :)

Remake in progress, this is from the new laundry scene. Can't go wearing new clothes without washing them first, right?

laundryroom035.jpg

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
What's up, fellow gorillas? And humans ;)

I shared on Patreon yesterday, and wanted to share here too: I'm working on the version 2.0 of this game as my new project and putting Milfy Cases on hold until the remake is finished.

Using Ren'py 8, and all the things I've learned since I made this game 3 years ago, now I am wondering...what do *you* think would make it 10x better?

Sandbox? Point & click? Better story, obviously - that's the top priority for the remake. Second to that, I'm updating renders, and since I just got started, I don't yet know if this is remaking every single image...the majority, or just the worst bits. That's TBD as I get through it. To start, I'm tackling the prologue, the existing one, and a revamped additional scene to ground the story better in the life of Chad, the alcoholic writer, with the mercenary past.
Thanks for sharing your games. I was about to purchase the 3 games on Steam but then I read here you are reworking them. Will the rework be new games on Steam or updates to the existing ones?

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Thanks for sharing your games. I was about to purchase the 3 games on Steam but then I read here you are reworking them. Will the rework be new games on Steam or updates to the existing ones?
Thanks for asking; I've shared a lot about this on my discord.

> Will the rework be new games on Steam or updates to the existing ones?
Updates to the existing ones.

For Her Heart's Desire, I'm about 21,000 words into the rewrite that I'm calling v2. That'll be posted on Steam, Itch, and Patreon to the highest tier, then later to the lower tiers on Patreon. It's going to eventually replace the existing version, which is not bad, but not nearly as good as it should be. So far, I've re-rendered ~700 images, and one of the earliest animated scenes, those will be in the version 2, episode 1, that's going to be released to all the platforms, and included with the existing game as a new branch or something there (I need to study how to do so this weekend).

With any luck, I'll have that rework shipped in terms of the first version this weekend, then gather feedback, learn, and figure out what else needs redoing (if anything) for that iteration. The plan today is to share Episode 1, say July 1st, and then Episode 2 with the first part of act II between August 28th and Sept 4th, and then another 1-3 updates further, spaced around six weeks or so for each.

Again, it's a complete game today, and has had a few expansions, but I think I can do better. We'll see how it's received once it's fresh out of the oven.

Some details about the other games:
The Horny Holiday game is "v2," after what was a subpar launch in December...it's a short game, obviously, but I think between those two rewrite / updates, it's a better reflection of my current skills.

Milfy Cases latest episode was released in May, last month, and has still a few kinks in the writing, but I'm incredibly happy with where it is now. The foundation is finally solid, and there could be some other re-rendering at some point to reflect the visual styling in the majority of the game, but that won't be happening as Milfy Cases is a bit on hold until I personally finish the HHD rework. My expectation is work will resume on this title at the latest in November this year.

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
Thanks for asking; I've shared a lot about this on my discord.

> Will the rework be new games on Steam or updates to the existing ones?
Updates to the existing ones.

For Her Heart's Desire, I'm about 21,000 words into the rewrite that I'm calling v2. That'll be posted on Steam, Itch, and Patreon to the highest tier, then later to the lower tiers on Patreon. It's going to eventually replace the existing version, which is not bad, but not nearly as good as it should be. So far, I've re-rendered ~700 images, and one of the earliest animated scenes, those will be in the version 2, episode 1, that's going to be released to all the platforms, and included with the existing game as a new branch or something there (I need to study how to do so this weekend).

With any luck, I'll have that rework shipped in terms of the first version this weekend, then gather feedback, learn, and figure out what else needs redoing (if anything) for that iteration. The plan today is to share Episode 1, say July 1st, and then Episode 2 with the first part of act II between August 28th and Sept 4th, and then another 1-3 updates further, spaced around six weeks or so for each.

Again, it's a complete game today, and has had a few expansions, but I think I can do better. We'll see how it's received once it's fresh out of the oven.

Some details about the other games:
The Horny Holiday game is "v2," after what was a subpar launch in December...it's a short game, obviously, but I think between those two rewrite / updates, it's a better reflection of my current skills.

Milfy Cases latest episode was released in May, last month, and has still a few kinks in the writing, but I'm incredibly happy with where it is now. The foundation is finally solid, and there could be some other re-rendering at some point to reflect the visual styling in the majority of the game, but that won't be happening as Milfy Cases is a bit on hold until I personally finish the HHD rework. My expectation is work will resume on this title at the latest in November this year.
As a part of Chungus' discord, I can testify he's putting in a lot of work to upgrade the games. I think the games are worth it as-is, but they could be better. The updates will make them better.

Reactions: Quetzzz

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
As a part of Chungus' discord, I can testify he's putting in a lot of work to upgrade the games. I think the games are worth it as-is, but they could be better. The updates will make them better.
Thanks for the assurance that the updates are in the right direction. Just started the game and the biggest thing that takes me out of the game are the relationship terms - landlord, close friend, etc. As many have mentioned in this thread there are no good substitutes that wouldn't sound just as clunky or unsuited. I hope the script rewrite will go a long way in addressing this. Maybe a preview of a couple of scenes for us? :D

mrbigchungus Since you are reworking this game, it would also be great, like the recent suggestion on Steam for Horny Holiday, to move the gallery to the main menu and add endings to it.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Thanks for the assurance that the updates are in the right direction. Just started the game and the biggest thing that takes me out of the game are the relationship terms - landlord, close friend, etc. As many have mentioned in this thread there are no good substitutes that wouldn't sound just as clunky or unsuited. I hope the script rewrite will go a long way in addressing this. Maybe a preview of a couple of scenes for us? :D

mrbigchungus Since you are reworking this game, it would also be great, like the recent suggestion on Steam for Horny Holiday, to move the gallery to the main menu and add endings to it.
Should be this weekend, barring any unforeseen issues, most likely tomorrow since today I need to wrap it up, and then get the beta tester their copy to review.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it, and yeah, the repetition thing I counted instances of "landlord," in one file...there were *fifty* the hell was I thinking? Luckily, this gorilla isn't smoking anymore, which I think has added to what alcoholics call a moment of clarity.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Hey folks, the Patreon page has the update details and schedule for the first edition of the remake here:

If you don't want to click the link, here's the details in the spoiler tag.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Hey folks, the Patreon page has the update details and schedule for the first edition of the remake here:

If you don't want to click the link, here's the details in the spoiler tag.
Is Steam also getting this as an alternate install? Or will it get the whole package in November when it is completed?

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Is Steam also getting this as an alternate install? Or will it get the whole package in November when it is completed?
Posted on Steam about an hour ago as an event;

it's also on the Steam game page, etc. :) The goal is to get feedback on it, and unlike some developers, there really isn't much latency between when I publish on Patreon, Itch, or Steam. Sometimes, Steam ends up first, only because their developer tools are so nice.

WolverineCTX

Nov 5, 2023
I just recently found this Game and I didn't read through all the Pages here, so sorry if it's already mentioned or been spoken about.
First off, I like the Story so far and the Characters look great.

But now to my personal "bad" Part... later on in the Game, I think somewhere in Day 2, all the sudden all the Side-Characters are only into A** Fu*king (Waitress and also the Clothing Shop Character) and it seems there is no other option of having some fun-time with them other then doing it in there A**!
As I'm someone who never liked the Idea IRL and lees so in a Game that's a huge disappointment that there is no optional way to have S*x with them... it's straight out - sorry, no Buttfu*k, no (Se*)Scenes with them.
I'm just now with the Clothes Store Chick (Lisa) and after she asked me to fu** her A** and telling her "no thanks, not interested" - the next Screens are her asking "Really?" and me responding "Yes, I'm sorry, I'm just not that into you."
WTH? I'm interested in her, just not fuc*ing her A**!
That's a huge missed opportunity to make some alternate Options for a Character to choose (I know other Games got these Options to alternately have some "fun" in a "normal" way - so to speak)
I know it would mean to have some more Work to do and to Render these alternate Scenes and maybe write also some alternate Texts - but would at least give the Player more Options with these Characters to continue with them maybe later on.

These are my Thoughts about it, so please don't take it to personal ;)

I just hope this isn't a continuing Habit from now on the the Game... "fuc* my As*" will be an End for the Game for me for sure then, sorry.:cautious:

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
I just recently found this Game and I didn't read through all the Pages here, so sorry if it's already mentioned or been spoken about.
First off, I like the Story so far and the Characters look great.

But now to my personal "bad" Part... later on in the Game, I think somewhere in Day 2, all the sudden all the Side-Characters are only into A** Fu*king (Waitress and also the Clothing Shop Character) and it seems there is no other option of having some fun-time with them other then doing it in there A**!
As I'm someone who never liked the Idea IRL and lees so in a Game that's a huge disappointment that there is no optional way to have S*x with them... it's straight out - sorry, no Buttfu*k, no (Se*)Scenes with them.
I'm just now with the Clothes Store Chick (Lisa) and after she asked me to fu** her A** and telling her "no thanks, not interested" - the next Screens are her asking "Really?" and me responding "Yes, I'm sorry, I'm just not that into you."
WTH? I'm interested in her, just not fuc*ing her A**!
That's a huge missed opportunity to make some alternate Options for a Character to choose (I know other Games got these Options to alternately have some "fun" in a "normal" way - so to speak)
I know it would mean to have some more Work to do and to Render these alternate Scenes and maybe write also some alternate Texts - but would at least give the Player more Options with these Characters to continue with them maybe later on.

These are my Thoughts about it, so please don't take it to personal ;)

I just hope this isn't a continuing Habit from now on the the Game... "fuc* my As*" will be an End for the Game for me for sure then, sorry.:cautious:
These kinds of changes are possible -> I'm remaking the game from scratch right now.

After the first day or two in the current edition of the game, there's very little story outside of sex.

Reactions: WolverineCTX

WolverineCTX

Nov 5, 2023
These kinds of changes are possible -> I'm remaking the game from scratch right now.

After the first day or two in the current edition of the game, there's very little story outside of sex.
Hi and thanks for your Replay.
That sounds promising then... so I'll need to wait a bit for the "remake" Version of your Game.(y)
Until then I'll continue with the current one - LOL ;)

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Less than two weeks, we'll have this (and a whole lot more) in the newest Her Heart's Desire remake beta.

I know you've probably never seen something like this in a render, so I'm gonna break it down. She's walking.

Up the stairs.

Amazing.
daytwobreakfastleave017.jpg

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes