2.90 star(s) 26 Votes

Pause development of new content for a week to convert all animations to videos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flameshin

Jul 15, 2017
It asks you to set up the relationships, doesn't it?
Did when I played it...
Well, it problem for every game were is not been incset from planned setting,
and more, to Avoid rules, Dev change Name/Rel from like Mom/Son to Landlady/Student,
but we perfct know who they are is, and more funny, in-game files write
exscatly like mom/sister/aunt and ets, and then Dev published game, he remove incset,
but keep function to renames names/rel by self.... BUT.... I agreee with you....
Yes and yes.
But my main gripe here is that the dev kinda established that the "Guest" is a complete stranger to the "Landlord" from the start, stating that both of her parents were gone and she lived in some kind of orphanage/shelter for a while.
Then, like 1-2 minutes later, you're given the to set up nicknames, which the default were "Hon" and "Friend".
And that is where the clusterfuck seems to begins, since no matter what relationship I gave it to them, it just felt disjointed, just like what Content_Consumer said in his post.
Which was the reason I asked for a mod, or if anyone here knows the correct relationship to define them.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Oh, right. Must admit I haven't got that far. Just started it then saw a comment about another game that I enjoyed some time ago and went back to that one. As you say, just replacing landlady and tenant without changing the dialogue surrounding them doesn't really work very well.

eki6859

Jun 18, 2022
Yes and yes.
But my main gripe here is that the dev kinda established that the "Guest" is a complete stranger to the "Landlord" from the start, stating that both of her parents were gone and she lived in some kind of orphanage/shelter for a while.
Then, like 1-2 minutes later, you're given the to set up nicknames, which the default were "Hon" and "Friend".
And that is where the clusterfuck seems to begins, since no matter what relationship I gave it to them, it just felt disjointed, just like what Content_Consumer said in his post.
Which was the reason I asked for a mod, or if anyone here knows the correct relationship to define them.
I think this game is no incest, and Daisy is a complete stranger to MC and way too young. But later, you have option to set up incest nicknames (bro, daddy) she is younger so I think the possibility is Daddy, but you can play as a brother or cousin, your choice

flameshin

Jul 15, 2017
I think this game is no incest, and Daisy is a complete stranger to MC and way too young. But later, you have option to set up incest nicknames (bro, daddy) she is younger so I think the possibility is Daddy, but you can play as a brother or cousin, your choice
Thank you!
I'll try that later and see if it will make things better.

tooka133

Sep 8, 2022
Delete "scripts.rpa". There is no "script.rpa" file, if you see a .rpy file leave it alone. .rpy is not .rpa, two totally different extensions. Then it will work fine. It takes all but 2 seconds to troubleshoot it yourself. Problem-solving has failed society greatly, jesus :FacePalm:
there is my folder had no "scripts.rpa" there was only "script.rpa" i deleted that and its working for me now

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
Her Heart's Desire 1.08 Walkthrough Mod:

Workupload

Note: Update on request
I don't know if this was already reported, but, after installing the mod, a a fatal bug appeared:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

seems the file in question is trying to translate the same line twice with different strings:

I assume this line 367 is wrong in one the the places.

Shouldn't this problem manifest only when we choose Chinese as the game language!!! I mean English shouldn't be affected by this.

EDIT: ah after creating the post, I found the solution for this was already on the previous page. Sorry and thanks.

Last edited:

Restor104

Nov 16, 2017
I don't know if this was already reported, but, after installing the mod, a a fatal bug appeared:

seems the file in question is trying to translate the same line twice with different strings:

I assume this line 367 is wrong in one the the places.

Shouldn't this problem manifest only when we choose Chinese as the game language!!! I mean English shouldn't be affected by this.

EDIT: ah after creating the post, I found the solution for this was already on the previous page. Sorry and thanks.

The integrity of the language packages has not been checked
Please play in the base language of the game (English)
Thank you for your understanding

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 1.08 + WT by Restor104

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PIXELDRAIN
MEGA

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 674 MB

Come find me on .
Updated my android port.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Question: I had folks on my discord suggest that I should add an opacity slider to Milfy Cases which I just did in the bug fix version a few days back.

Would it make sense to add that to Her Heart's Desire as well? I know I had a few people say the same thing about text readability and now that I know how to do it, I should be able to...only question is: do players want me spending time on that?
Hm.

Reactions: SinCityLocal

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
Question: I had folks on my discord suggest that I should add an opacity slider to Milfy Cases which I just did in the bug fix version a few days back.

Would it make sense to add that to Her Heart's Desire as well? I know I had a few people say the same thing about text readability and now that I know how to do it, I should be able to...only question is: do players want me spending time on that?
Hm.
in my opinion, if the language, they are using, permits that, the devs should, by default, implement an opacity slider on the text box.

Or better yet, make the text box transparent by default.

Both options, of course, while using a 1, 2 or 3 pixels thick black shadows on the text so that, no matter the text color or the background used, we could still read it on top (simulating a fake 3D text).

some modders (like Sancho1969)add this feature on their mods and I love that.

Last edited:
Reactions: SinCityLocal

r1993

Jan 24, 2020
Her Heart's Desire - A Landlord Epic [v0.0.16 Basic] [Big Chungus Productions] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

Original Win/Linux Size: 540 MB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 269 MB
- - -

Original Mac Size: 506 MB
Compressed Mac Size: 234 MB
- - -

PS: If you encounter black screen with the compressed version, it might due to the original as some member already feedback regarding black screen with it.

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version
I'm having trouble with the walk through links they are not working for me

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
I think the opacity slider will work in this patched screens.rpy (add file to the /games folder) to replace the existing file that's there. This won't update all the translations, but I figured I'd share since I get quality feedback from a lot of folks here, which I appreciate. Thank you.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
in my opinion, if the language, they are using, permits that, the devs should, by default, implement an opacity slider on the text box.

Or better yet, make the text box transparent by default.

Both options, of course, while using a 1, 2 or 3 pixels thick black shadows on the text so that, no matter the text color or the background used, we could still read it on top (simulating a fake 3D text).

some modders (like Sancho1969)add this feature on their mods and I love that.
If you haven't finished playing HHD already (or want to give the modified screens.rpy I shared above a spin) do let me know if it works. The text border thing I've seen in a few games now, too, which is something I need to figure out how to implement.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
If you haven't finished playing HHD already (or want to give the modified screens.rpy I shared above a spin) do let me know if it works. The text border thing I've seen in a few games now, too, which is something I need to figure out how to implement.
your new screen.rpy, with the new opacity slider, works great.

btw, in my opinion, your current font already has a black outline, in and on itself its already good.

anyway if you want to try altering the thickness of that outline, try add another slider for the user to control the thickness of it using pixels (like the -original- 0 to 2 or something), no matter the font type and size originally used.

other simpler ideas (I think lol) would be, a chance to choose a different font with a thicker outline, which will be used in all dialogs (note to all devs lol please don't use weird or super elegant fonts lol that is completely unnecessary in my opinion) OR just add a slider to change the dialog font size, everyone knows that the bigger the font size is, the bigger the outline of the letters will be. this second idea not so great unless the size used doesn't hinder the background to much.

Note: btw, your original textbox, as it was before, wasn't the worst thing I ever saw lol
it is way better then others that are completely opaque or way too dark to see the background well enough (unless they really want to deliberately hide the background). It shows you gave it some though about it to some extent, so that the players can enjoy the game more.

sry the long post :sleep::p

PS: there are mods that play with all this font proprieties (size, outline, vertical and horizontal offset...)

Last edited:

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
The rename feature should work which is in the "replay and more" section, then click on Daisy / Rose / or Lily / and go through the rename linked from their 'character' page.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Hey dude, just wanted to say thank you for the vote of confidence back in 2021 ;) After this title was finished in 2022, I spent about a year making updates, adding new scenes, new audio, and other improvements.

Let me know if you have any picks for the stock market, so I can inverse you eh? Stay classy amigo.
Oh yeah and your patreon support was going through the roof... when i wrote mine it was 13 now 14... well, whatever floats your boat i guess. Real classy... amigo.

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes