Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
This drama is the best I've seen on these forums since I've been here. Dunno why dev is so recalcitrant in getting the tags or answering honestly about what's in or planned to be in. Does the dev really think "it's a dream" erased the content? I don't understand that, obviously it wouldn't change anything, but he really presented that as if he believed it. Maybe he doesn't know English, but that becomes a big problem too, you kind of need to have a proper grasp of the language you are communicating in.

I'm sorry but the forum drama was more dramatic and entertaining than the game's plot and characters.
I would assume he not only believed it but was somewhat surprised to see others disagree. This in itself is a debate I've seen before, and there are actually two opposite debates to be had, not opposite sides, opposite debates. I think I'm in the same headspace as the dev. I also seem to be able to sort of switch on and off my "identifying with the character." I prefer a story where I can self-insert, or rather empathize with the protagonist, but I can step back and say, "welp, glad that wasn't me!"

IRL, there are lots of things I fantasize about doing or witnessing that I would NEVER want to actually do or see. The MC having a nightmare (whether awake or asleep) is a fantasy within a fantasy. So, even if one puts themselves into the role of the MC, it's still a fantasy. To me, it has no more affect on the character involved than it would if I had a nightmare IRL about someone. For instance, if I go out and come home to find my wife getting gangbanged, so she's just, "Oh, woops, thought you'd be out longer. You cool?" then we are getting a divorce. If I have a nightmare about my wife doing that, I'm not gonna wake up the next day like, "Sorry, honey, I had a bad dream and you're ruined for me now. See ya!" To me it's no different for a character in a game, if it "really happens" in the canon of the game, then the story is affected, and that's a problem. If within the game's context it's only a fantasy, then she could bang half the eastern seaboard and I really wouldn't care.

The other debate is people who find it unsatisfactory to use in-game fantasies as a tide-over while putting off "real" in-game sex. To some people, they enjoy the sex in the game just fine, even though it's already fiction, but if you layer that into an in-game fantasy, it's too far removed for them to really get into it. It's sort of the opposite problem, although it wouldn't surprise me if someone were upset by both.

Overflown

Has Many Secrets
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
I would assume he not only believed it but was somewhat surprised to see others disagree.
This was indeed my belief. But I learned it the hard way it's not how the majority thinks. Best I can do now is to take their opinions into account and just completely get rid of the NTR atmopshere my game's in all the while diligently adding current and future tags not making the same mistakes. For example, the swinging tag that I didn't even know existed here.

And yes, I was clueless as to what my audience wanted for the game. I had a simple belief of "make my game, and go my way," and people who like it will like it while people who hate it will hate it, the end. But it turns out it's much more complicated than that.

Overflown

Has Many Secrets
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
It's strange that you don't know that since you've been on this page since 2017, it's like saying I didn't know that vaginal sex was a tag
chrome_2023-03-23_02-10-05.png
View older results yields in:
chrome_2023-03-23_02-10-18.png
Not that I'm trying to win an argument here, I'm just trying to prove my point to you guys that I didn't do any of this to backstab people who play the game. Why in the hell would I deliberately ruin my game by adding shit that people will hate? To see how far I can go without triggering players? For what? For huge bags from newcomers? Nothing about my patreon blurts "huge bags." If I were active since 2017 maybe I wouldn't have done what I have done. Maybe I would have seen and experienced something like this beforehand as Guyin Cognito have said how he's seen such debate before. All in all, I just want to say I allowed this to happen due to my incompetence and not to take advantage or betray my audience.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Fellas, stop it.

Dev, a bit of advice: Make the game that you want to enjoy. The players that will play it are here, and they'll come in time. Imo, the story is awesome, well written, and "believable". If you cave into demands of these lunatics, after a while you will no longer recognise your game, and you'll realise it's not yours anymore.

To everyone else, there are certain users here that are pushing what they want the game to be down the developers throat, and for some of ye that's deliberate (we've seen you do the same on other threads). I'm not going to mass delete (because there's some good discussion there), but I'm warning ye now: Any more targeted harassment will lead down a road ye aren't ready for.

If ye want a game that has your kinks or whatever in it, make it yourself; you'll find it's a lot harder to do than ye think.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
This was indeed my belief. But I learned it the hard way it's not how the majority thinks. Best I can do now is to take their opinions into account and just completely get rid of the NTR atmopshere my game's in all the while diligently adding current and future tags not making the same mistakes. For example, the swinging tag that I didn't even know existed here.
Certainly, for the MC to think or dream about a specific situation (in this case an LI having sex with multiple guys) isn't netorare (NTR). But it's certainly almost as bad for the people that don't like this content.

And it's also not a good idea to force players to watch a scene of that same LI fellating an anonymous guy in a gloryhole (if I'm not mistaken, I haven't played this update to know exactly what happens), even if it's something that happened in the past. Likewise, it's not netorare or NTR, but it's a bad move becouse she is a main LI and a lot of harem fans don't like to see a LI with another man. Possibly it would have been better to make seeing it optional: The player knows that something happened, but if he wants to, he doesn't go into details that may not be liked by many players.

However, worst of all is that LI's sister seems to be the one telling the MC about this event, after taking him to the restaurant where it happened. Honestly, after knowing it, I assumed that she wasn't a LI.

On the other hand, I haven't seen the sharing/swinging scene either (nor I will, because I suppose there's always an option to avoid it). Personally, if girl 2 isn't a LI (and I hope she isn't), I actually hope that the scene could be between the LI and the MC and we can make that the other couple won't appear in the scene, or even better that they won't be in the same room. If what I've said can be done, then the sharing scene doesn't bother me, as it won't happen in my game.

Reactions: EJW

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Based on my own comprehensions by playing this game and reading the posts on this thread:

This game isn't like the harem games that most are familiar with. Harem was not planned from the start, is not the focus kinks of this game and the 'harem' route is optional. The 'harem' contents that were planned loosely follows the tags definition of this site, where MC and at least 3 female LIs will have consent sex. For the most part, MC fucks everyone but no one knows with some planned optional 'harem' contents. At least, this is what Overflown planned for HLS.

Pretty much everyone ( who read the thread for the past week ) knows the rest, that he don't really understand the intensity of the planned harem tags turning HLS into a harem game, which unfortunately HLS does not follow the familiar template and narrative of harem game and he too is not familiar with what constitutes a harem game according to the fans.

( As per v0.2.3 partially complete playthrough )
The story doesn't really make sense from the start but still believable. However, IMO the story is different and fresh as compared to other games I played. There are a few scenes have high realism feel to them.
IMO, HLS has blends of fiction with influence of East Asia cultures/settings:unsure: .
The MC and the NPCs are flawed characters.
Female NPCs has secrets, and the secret itself can potentially has secret. I'm pretty much looking forward to unlock all the secrets(y).
Female NPCs are not 'pure' / 'innocent' ( not sure virgins or not:unsure: but so far only have sexy times with the MC only ).
Each female NPC most likely serves different role ( for example, Kienna the boss is for femdom ).
MC can avoid sexual contents, lewds with female NPCs.
There are antagonists / bad actors ( my speculation: they are plot devices for MC's character development ).
There are plenty freeroam contents, minigames, puzzles ( perhaps Overflown really likes developing these:unsure: ).
I still need to figure out what is the best optimum and most efficient playthrough without cheating:p.
( and then some... )

Overall, it is pretty good IMO. The characters are interesting and varied too, but I just exploring only 2 so far.

Anyway, HLS is still in active development and has quite a number contention points and weaknesses ( gameplay and storywise ). The best thing players can do are providing clear rational feedbacks calmly. On the flipside, if they found repulsive content for their taste, stop playing and move on.

There is no good comes from exploding, providing expert opinions even when did not play the game and/or having good understanding, speculating here and there, whining just because you can, trolling, off-topics etc. Perhaps, the best choice for players that have strong opinions and/or unprecedented hatred towards certain contents, is to ONLY play completed games that are certified free from bad contents, to prevent mental anguish and frustations.

Just my initial feedbacks and reviews for this update ( my personal notes that I will link to my future Reviews ).

Reactions: rKnight

kirkkis

Jul 2, 2020
I was playing without any multimods and you could spam the +1 in the TV game even when it says "I should do something else now". I got +100 on all skills and got accused of being a cheater in the Carter bathroom eavesdrop scene. Also on the laptop dress-up game, if you combine some of the bottom sex scenes with the facial expressions they bug out, also some of the sex scenes get stuck on the screen if you try to leave the laptop without turning them off first.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I was playing without any multimods and you could spam the +1 in the TV game even when it says "I should do something else now". I got +100 on all skills and got accused of being a cheater in the Carter bathroom eavesdrop scene. Also on the laptop dress-up game, if you combine some of the bottom sex scenes with the facial expressions they bug out, also some of the sex scenes get stuck on the screen if you try to leave the laptop without turning them off first.
:ROFLMAO:Yeah, game right now is still rough on the edges and certainly Overflown did not expect anyone to spam the TV game, getting +100 points. If not mistaken, the bathroom scene has 99 deception? skill points requirement, which basically unattenable. It is a fake/false choice the way I see it, but it is interesting to learn about what happened behind that choice ( caught cheating screen:p, perhaps cheating tags can be applied here:ROFLMAO: ).

• Haha
Reactions: rKnight

Overflown

Has Many Secrets
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Thank you, that's a bug as you shouldn't be obtaining that much. Thanks for the reports, I'll fix'em up.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
And to think I went the trouble of finding the right stat using saveeditonline to find that scene! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Thanks everyone for the discussions and warnings.

I'll wait for a few updates to see where this goes. If the main LI is a NTR ticking bomb, the game lost all interest to me. Since that isn't clear yet, I'll wait. I say it isn't clear, because apparently the Dev wasn't aware that that was what he was doing, are we sure he knows now? Yet, he made promises, that he wouldn't put intentional NTR content, while creating the perfect conditions for a NTR game.

So, the intention is to build a game tethering on the verge of being a NTR fest, while not putting it there.

I'll wait and keep an eye on this, but, it doesn't look like it is a game I'll feel comfortable in. With a LI (the unavoidable one even) that NEEDS to be constantly controlled so she doesn't cheat with anyone that crosses her path, is NOT my idea of a relationship. Is really any form of relationship with someone you can't trust? Or, you are in a sharing relationship, with or without NTR, she simply is going to have multiple men and you have to accept it. So, if this is a Harem, it is HER Harem. Where you are one of her dicks. I'll wait and see if this is the game that is being done here.

Peace :)

tankie123

Nov 17, 2017
I will precise two things
1- is it necessary to include an exclamation mark in your post ( spoiler answer is no )
2- i have eyes and my eyes see when i try to dl this game it says failed virus detected yes i see these pictures so why I get this error ?
change antivirus(or browser) or do some reading on how to tell a difference between a real virus and a false positive if you like yours and would prefer to keep it, virustotal.com is more trustable than your or my or someone else's machine, it's just how it goes and was for years even during windows xp times, but you can still delete 32bit file!

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
People bitching about NTR, but not this subplot that's just boring. Sorry Dev, but man this subplot is just not hitting it for me. And the MC just seems to react in the dumbest way. Is it possible to give me an ETA when this is gonna be over with and we can move on to more fun things?

Reactions: zandalari

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
People bitching about NTR, but not this subplot that's just boring. Sorry Dev, but man this subplot is just not hitting it for me. And the MC just seems to react in the dumbest way. Is it possible to give me an ETA when this is gonna be over with and we can move on to more fun things?
that's exactly what i'm bitching about XD

3.50 star(s) 19 Votes