Fjar2365

Jan 6, 2018
I've got a few issues. For one can't see the text because it's so small, even after you change the it to big. The menu buttons are the same way small and grouped to close to each other. When the text starts to appear, the background is also white making it hard to see. All of this is on the Android version

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
the girls might be interesting later but the mechanical systems and search-n-click functions are rather busted and nonsensical, and the overall story seems uninteresting.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
the girls might be interesting later but the mechanical systems and search-n-click functions are rather busted and nonsensical, and the overall story seems uninteresting.
Imo, what makes the story seem less interesting is the dev's seeming lack of narrative focus and the poorly implemented game mechanics. With how super linear everything still is, it doesn't even feel like a sandbox, it just feels like a VN with too many extra steps. Personally, I think the story premise could be interesting, but the game gets in its own way too much and makes it difficult for the player to stay interested enough to stay around long enough to figure out whether they're experiencing bugged events or if the triggers have just been hidden too well by the dev. In my experience it's been a bit of both, but when the story feels so much like it was written for a VN, it makes all the extra effort you have to go through to "play the game" feel unnecessary. Kinda wish there was a VN version, personally

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
Imo, what makes the story seem less interesting is the dev's seeming lack of narrative focus and the poorly implemented game mechanics. With how super linear everything still is, it doesn't even feel like a sandbox, it just feels like a VN with too many extra steps. Personally, I think the story premise could be interesting, but the game gets in its own way too much and makes it difficult for the player to stay interested enough to stay around long enough to figure out whether they're experiencing bugged events or if the triggers have just been hidden too well by the dev. In my experience it's been a bit of both, but when the story feels so much like it was written for a VN, it makes all the extra effort you have to go through to "play the game" feel unnecessary. Kinda wish there was a VN version, personally
totalbiscuit came up with a term for that, ludo-narrative dissonance. seems apt here.

Reactions: Chris2041
Dec 15, 2020
Hi, does someone has a full save of "Her Little Secret" with the dates with Stella and another one with all the dates with Eve and Cierra?

Jonh4869

Apr 28, 2020
Fuck, now the game is abandoned. Knowing it going to be hard but still hold a hope that someday, the dev will come back to develop this game.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Hi everyone.

I really don't know any other way of saying this but I decided to indefinitely postpone the development of the game, Her Little Secret.

Many of you may be disappointed, some happy that the game's being set in hiatus. I have made my final decision about a week ago but it took a bit of self-encourgement to finally announce the news here.

As for why I have come to this decision, mostly has to do with my inability to improve and recover from the current complications of the game.

1. The biggest of all being the NTR vibe Carter arc. it's taken a huge toll on the game and for me when the storm swept through when the words first got out.

2. Dislikable main protagonist - People are just not a fan of this guy! And I tried to make changes as the story progressed but I failed.

I see these two topics being discussed everywhere and as long as they exist in the game, I have a feeling it's going to be tough road ahead. While I tried to push through, the amount of time I invest in the game does not feel as rewarding and I have lost the patience and motivation to continue.

This game was meant to be a hobby but it became more than a hobby, like a second job to me (which I have enjoyed) thanks to people cheering on and supporting me and the game. I wish to continue on, but losing the motivation makes it really hard to do, it's scary.

Whether I come back to this game or not in the future will purely depend on my life/financial situations and most importantly my motivation to carry on.

I sincerely thank everyone who supported me up to this point. Without you, I would not have made this far whatsoever.

And I sincerely apologize for letting you all down with this disappointing news... I will process a refund to all current members for the month of December. And for January if you send me a private message in case you have forgotten to unsubscribe.

I've only begun the rendering process for 0.2.9 when this afflicted thought struck. While it won't matter now... for anyone wondering about the story for v0.2.9 and v0.3.0, here it is in a rough as heck of a draft. Everyone gathers up in MC's apartment on the day of the trip in the morning but Mifa is coming late. They have a little chit chat introducing themselves. Stella, Evelyn and MC are finally standing in the same room. There is the awkward vibe between the two girls. Everyone goes down to pack the cars with their belonings. Mifa has arrived with her mom dropping her off. MC finally meets Sola an d Mifa's mom. She pretty. Next they all decide which car to get in. MC is the driver, and Matt is the second driver. All the girls want to get on the car with MC except Andrea (the marketing team lady) and Evelyn, but you know, MC is driving her car so it's kinda given that she gets in her own car. Next they start the long drive to the beach. Matt's car is full of boys + one girl, Andrea. They're not so happy about it except Noah. In MC's car, Evelyn stays quiet but Stella is very talkative. They have naughty conversations. Couple of gas stops are made during the trip to the beach. They arrive at the lodge. It's big and it's looking good. Freeroam starts here where you can move around and talk to ppl. (OK I realize this is gonna take wayy too long so I'm gonna be brief from here on). They immediately get ready to go to the beach. MC gets to see everyone in their bikinis. (ZOOM IN). They swim, they play beach volley. Some random dudes hit on Eve but she shoos them off. Then some random dudes hit on Sola but she too scared to shoo them off. MC plays hero but the dudes act up. Other girls come to back MC up and Stella goes full bitch mode on them and they go away. They jealous. Afterwards they come back to the lodge. They play card games, board games, drinking games and night comes. Now you choose a girl to 'date' with (take the girl out to the beach). You're not limited to taking only one this time. You can even take two, for ex. Stella and Evelyn, pheww... The gifts you chose to pack from the day before are used here. You can choose to sex on the beach. You get closer with the girls of your choosing. (Now v0.3.0) Next late morning Stella makes brunch. They be eatin and Matt turns on the news. There are police reports with mugshots of Jason and few others. Jun was not included. But they were caught thanks to MC's photo he sent anonymously. They go out to the beach again, buidl sand castles, play games and stuff and MC spots someone baking in the sun far away. She be looking a lot like his boss and yep it was Kienna. MC can choose to hang with her and go naughty. Next in the lodge, light drinks, dinner, games then 'date' number two. Then they make their way back home. MC sus about Stella and Eve's relationship. Mifa gets closer to MC. Sola closer to MC. Andrea is now fond of MC.

END. There was going to be sex, a lot of sex. Sleep sex, sex sex, sneaky sex, public sex and sex.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that being said, I betrayed Sola for a new game which completely differs from that of HLS. Its focus is on the hentai side over story. I have decided to go lightly on the plot since it's not my forte. Anyway think of it as one of those Japanese adult rpg games because it'll look very smiliar to the likes of those but without the battling system.

The game will be called Your Second World with a female protagoinst. I'm moving on from Ren'py and DAZ to RPGMaker and Honey Select 2.

The setting takes place in a modern/future world where the main protagonist attempts to clear a virtual reality game that no one has ever managed to beat. She's got attitude, she's rich thanks to her father's successful company and she's always complaining about guys. The game begins with her complaining about her boring repetitive life when her friend introduces her to a virtual reality game called Your Second World.

Below are couple of sneak peeks of what the game looks like(subject to change) + our main character model. Update progress posts will cover this new game.

The game will be free to play with early access to supporters. Releases will mostly likely be in huge chunks unlike HLS's day to day updates. The updates and completion of the game shouldn't take long since it's not a huge project like HLS and quicker pace is to be expected thanks to no rendering images and animations.

So this is where my motivation now lies.

Once again, thank you to everyone who supported HLS. It's been a long journey (seriously) and a fun ride

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
I'm really sad about this awesome game ending.
But I wish the dev luck with his new project.

I'm going to miss Sola.

Sometimes I think I should just stick to the animations & comics section
Because I always get upset when games I like are killed off.

• Sad
Reactions: Back

Grandy_UiD

May 16, 2019
I only played the first ever version and quite liked that. Been keeping an eye on this since then, waiting until there was enough content to check it out again. Guess that time is now. RIP.

Reactions: boobsrcool

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Oh, that's sad, I really liked Sola... :(
I'm not a dev myself, but, I mean, one sentence in the announcement really got me curious:

"I'm moving on from Ren'py and DAZ to RPGMaker and Honey Select 2."

Isn't that like, going backwards, in terms of game developing?
Yes, it's like going backwards considering the graphical quality of this game, and rpgmaker isn't exactly a loved platform...

365 others

Aug 31, 2022
I can't say I didn't see this coming. It had to be very hard for the dev to receive so much hate when the NTR-ish part of the game came out, and although he did give options to avoid it there was still a lot of hate out there.
I'll be missing Sola and Mifa a lot! And I won't get to know if my run of Eve will get to something now that MC seems to be getting the idea of her being lesbian (or bi, now that he did get to do her) being Stella her girlfriend.

It's a very sad thing to see a game that has come so far end so abruptly and inconclusively.

xxaccursedxx

Dec 3, 2018
How unfortunate, really was looking forward to this game. This goes without saying that if you ever make an adult vn, it is imperative that you always avoid pirate forums even if your game got leaked. Pirates just squeal and squeak like hogs.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

KINGHIPPO

Apr 25, 2020
How unfortunate, really was looking forward to this game. This goes without saying that if you ever make an adult vn, it is imperative that you always avoid pirate forums even if your game got leaked. Pirates just squeal and squeak like hogs.
I agree, the creator should never mind people that just pirate the game and then speak negative about it while fapping off to it.

Just continue to make the game how you want to and ignore the haters!

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I agree, the creator should never mind people that just pirate the game and then speak negative about it while fapping off to it.

Just continue to make the game how you want to and ignore the haters!
Platitudes are nice, but this is the worst advice ever for a new dev, like it or not this is the biggest platform for the genre and treating the users at anything but potential costumers is not in a dev's best interest, unless you want to make your game out of pocket and hope to luck into enough traction out of itch, or invest money into marketing into a 0.1 that might never pan out.

Some games here stay hours even on $10 and $5 tiers before they get leaked(and I'm talking popular games that made bank on Steam like Projekt: Passion), precisely because the devs are respected and well liked because they interact with the community here. Its only the DPCs of the world that can safely ignore pirate sites, but for someone starting out, like I said, horrible idea.

On Topic, sad to see it go, I actually admired the dev for soldering through so much criticism. Took a look at his new game and its not for me, but hopefully it works for him! (y)

SilentN7

Jan 9, 2019
Damn these girls were pretty hot, especially sola.
I didn't like the blackmail story, but the rest of it was good.

3.50 star(s) 19 Votes