indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Why did HC2 get lumped into HC1 reviews, previews and forum? Were they not able to be hosted in 2 different places?

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
Why did HC2 get lumped into HC1 reviews, previews and forum? Were they not able to be hosted in 2 different places?
yeah, this feels somewhat messy. also no changelog, so no idea if game 1 or 2 just got updated (haven't played either yet). file size suggests that game 2 is shorter. or is it just an optimized version of the first one? also no dev notes that coud shine some light on things.

Reactions: Silverfan936

Bas1978

Sep 25, 2017
After playing the game for few hours i decided it's to fucking sadistic even for a rogue lite game. Also i fucking hate the church event. All in all a good game.

P.S
Please ad the skip feature to scenes.

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
yeah, this feels somewhat messy. also no changelog, so no idea if game 1 or 2 just got updated (haven't played either yet). file size suggests that game 2 is shorter. or is it just an optimized version of the first one? also no dev notes that coud shine some light on things.
HC 1 (only suggested to be played online) gets updated each month but you will only find the latest with the online links people provide in the thread, not in the OP.

HC 2 (only renpy) just released and is quite a bit shorter but harder. I wouldn't call it an optimized version yet. You can't save or rollback when you want which is kind of a core perk of normal renpy. (Though it would seem this is on purpose)

I currently greatly prefer HC 1 but am waiting for the ridiculous grind of either one to be changed.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
HC 1 (only suggested to be played online) gets updated each month but you will only find the latest with the online links people provide in the thread, not in the OP.

HC 2 (only renpy) just released and is quite a bit shorter but harder. I wouldn't call it an optimized version yet. You can't save or rollback when you want which is kind of a core perk of normal renpy. (Though it would seem this is on purpose)

I currently greatly prefer HC 1 but am waiting for the ridiculous grind of either one to be changed.
thanks.
i just tried game 2 and it's really hard, especially if you don't know how things work. i doubt that i'm the only one that keeped attacking and wondered why damage done constantly went down (for those unaware: damage done seems tied to remaining stamina). also why do i need a backpack to equip knuckles? that can't be intendet, right? well, i've seen 2 bosses (i think?) and got a game over from both. gonna try game 1 now.

Dec 17, 2020
Does anyone know what Soul of the Scarecrow does? I've got it several times and never figured it out

Dec 24, 2020
As someone who played the first quite a bit, the fact that you can press ctrl to skip events is a godsend. I can do the grind to level up, but not having to sit through an accidental minute long bad end is pretty great.

manhus

Nov 19, 2017
how do i start game i save 10 start point and buy 2 gold after this game auto go next bottom which "map" then told me i have no enough points

Lordikai02

Feb 6, 2019
i keep getting " This content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue. " on the online part of 1, and i refuse to install 2 peices of Java to play the offline one, do i gotta register to the milovana site or something?

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
i keep getting " This content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue. " on the online part of 1, and i refuse to install 2 peices of Java to play the offline one, do i gotta register to the milovana site or something?
My guess is that you are trying to play one of the out of date links. Try this one:

part 1 is missing the EXE in the download links
I highly suggest avoiding any of the downloadable content for HC 1 and using the online link instead.

However for HC2 use the download link.

Sindar

Jan 30, 2018
how do i start game i save 10 start point and buy 2 gold after this game auto go next bottom which "map" then told me i have no enough points
On the right side of your screen should be a button to go back (set the game to full screen in case you don't see it), if not, there might be a bug.
In general, you shouldn't waste your points on consumables, since you can easily acquire more gold and buy maps by simply beating encounters. Much better strategy is to increase your max HP and Lust stats.

Silverfan936

Nov 30, 2019

thx for the clarification

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Actually, that's what shows up when trying to open the link in Unsupported Browsers (such as Edge and Opera GX). Open the link in Firefox or Chrome instead, and it will work (I feel your pain, took me a while to figure out this part, after a lot of trying offline unsupported methods...).

thanks.
i just tried game 2 and it's really hard, especially if you don't know how things work. i doubt that i'm the only one that keeped attacking and wondered why damage done constantly went down (for those unaware: damage done seems tied to remaining stamina). also why do i need a backpack to equip knuckles? that can't be intendet, right? well, i've seen 2 bosses (i think?) and got a game over from both. gonna try game 1 now.
It is explained in the 1st game, in the beginning, about the Attack damage being influenced by the percentage of left Stamina you have. The 2nd game being fairly new and in current development, it's likely the dev did not add the tutorial part just yet (while the other mechanics are either straight-forward or explained in the changelogs, he probably forgot to re-mention about stamina, which is kind of an oversight ngl).
The games (both of them) are actually intended to be quite hard. I did play quite a bit of the 1st game (fully finished it, since I'm prepping my next Review), and it does have some unique ways of being a difficult game, such as not having access to certain game functions (Equipment, Item and Gold viewing, Consumable stocking etc.) until you buy the Backpack each run.

The dev did make a Meta progression for the game, so you are supposed to go through multiple runs to make your life easier in time by getting the Meta upgrades outside the runs (although, in the Legacy version of the game (the way the game was in the beginning), you actually had to go through the whole game in one Run, without Meta upgrades, which is quite hard, considering that the game officially "finishes" on the 15th day, not allowing you to enter the Castle (the final location) afterwards, and allegedly not saving any further progress afterwards (although you can still complete your Codex for the enemies or buy their special Photos from the shop, those will always be saved changes)).
A part of these weird mechanics was also due to the game being built in the Milovana tease format, restricting it in some ways (such as the amount of separate menus done through those Option-choosing, or the fact that you cannot, in the Church, use a number higher than 10 at once, requiring multiple selections to go for higher numbers). However, it also seems the dev himself uses some of the mechanics intentionally, since we get some of them in the 2nd game in Renpy (which does not normally impose such restrictions, such as not being able to manually Save).

The 2nd game is still fairly new, it's likely it will still change in time (already it adds a few new mechanics), and it's possible the dev might take some of the community's input and shape the game away from the Tease format and more into the Renpy format we'd usually see from such games.

Reactions: Nait Sieve

Lordikai02

Feb 6, 2019
Actually, that's what shows up when trying to open the link in Unsupported Browsers (such as Edge and Opera GX). Open the link in Firefox or Chrome instead, and it will work (I feel your pain, took me a while to figure out this part, after a lot of trying offline unsupported methods...).

It is explained in the 1st game, in the beginning, about the Attack damage being influenced by the percentage of left Stamina you have. The 2nd game being fairly new and in current development, it's likely the dev did not add the tutorial part just yet (while the other mechanics are either straight-forward or explained in the changelogs, he probably forgot to re-mention about stamina, which is kind of an oversight ngl).
The games (both of them) are actually intended to be quite hard. I did play quite a bit of the 1st game (fully finished it, since I'm prepping my next Review), and it does have some unique ways of being a difficult game, such as not having access to certain game functions (Equipment, Item and Gold viewing, Consumable stocking etc.) until you buy the Backpack each run.

The dev did make a Meta progression for the game, so you are supposed to go through multiple runs to make your life easier in time by getting the Meta upgrades outside the runs (although, in the Legacy version of the game (the way the game was in the beginning), you actually had to go through the whole game in one Run, without Meta upgrades, which is quite hard, considering that the game officially "finishes" on the 15th day, not allowing you to enter the Castle (the final location) afterwards, and allegedly not saving any further progress afterwards (although you can still complete your Codex for the enemies or buy their special Photos from the shop, those will always be saved changes)).
A part of these weird mechanics was also due to the game being built in the Milovana tease format, restricting it in some ways (such as the amount of separate menus done through those Option-choosing, or the fact that you cannot, in the Church, use a number higher than 10 at once, requiring multiple selections to go for higher numbers). However, it also seems the dev himself uses some of the mechanics intentionally, since we get some of them in the 2nd game in Renpy (which does not normally impose such restrictions, such as not being able to manually Save).

The 2nd game is still fairly new, it's likely it will still change in time (already it adds a few new mechanics), and it's possible the dev might take some of the community's input and shape the game away from the Tease format and more into the Renpy format we'd usually see from such games.
Interesting, i was using chrome and it still was like that, but i opened it with Firefox and it works

• Red Heart
Reactions: JakeMSG
3.60 star(s) 22 Votes