Vangis

Nov 16, 2017
Dev had a new post on Nov 21 mentioning Hero Corruption 2. Looking at it, it just looks like a remade Hero Corruption 1 in a different engine or something? Ren'py? Anyone got more information on that post?
So I went on the website of the creator and found a little bit of info.
Yes, it will be on Ren'py. So far, no release date for public or even patreon release has been anounced. The game looks very similar but with a cleaner UI, achievements and stuff... basic stuff like stats to level up have been added.
I'm looking forward to it!

Sindar

Jan 30, 2018
Renpy is probably more suited to making image based games.
Milovana tease engine works quite well with images too, but it has certain limitations when it comes to gameplay - it tends to be very linear/repetitive. It's fine for most of the games on Milovana, but HC has evolved to a point where it's becoming "trapped" by these limitations, hence the introduction of HC2.
Yes, it will be on Ren'py. So far, no release date for public or even patreon release has been anounced. The game looks very similar but with a cleaner UI, achievements and stuff... basic stuff like stats to level up have been added.
Yes, it seems that HC2 will be a port of HC to the Ren'Py engine with its added bonuses and as such most of the content will remain the same (at least initially). Milovana has its advantages, but also limitations, e.g. the storage space for game content, save handling, etc.
Ren'Py will allow to get out of that "box". If coded properly, it will solve the save issue, where the player needs to restart from scratch every time a new version gets released.
It does however raise some concerns about game's replayability, since currently the gameplay relies heavily on player doing multiple runs for building stats and getting to the Castle. With saves carrying over, there would be no need to do that or the very least the runs will become very easy.
Ren'Py will however open up tons of other possibilities for the game content (new paths, new random events, new mechanics, etc.), so I'd assume with time it will evolve and look different from its predecessor.
I'm also looking forward to see how it'll turn out.

Reactions: ZX7H

TimidRhino

Aug 28, 2018
1.60 Release

Changelog:

DIANA REWORKED

• Diana gave me as much headache as it gave to you all, so for everyone's sake, say goodbye to Diana and hello to Diana!
No more enduring the last hit and dealing with HP regen. Diana now has a completely different moveset.

She still carries her toy, though.

NEW ENEMIES

• Natalie(Hills)
Someone calls for the doctor?

Natalie may have some controversial methods, but she certainly knows what she is doing.

• Jane(Hills)(Bonus)
What a catch !

Jane is gorgeous and recently single. We don't talk about what happened to her previous boyfriend.

NEW EVENTS

• Meet Jane
You didn't expect to find such a charming girl just by walking around, did you?

• Gold Diggers
Did you bring your shovel? Great ! They didn't either !

OTHERS

• Added two new Bad Endings: Natalie and Jane
  • Added more pics to dreams
  • Added Jane's pics to the Shop
  • Added Bonus Score Points after defeating exclusive Castle enemies
  • Added Natalie to the Heroine quest pool
  • Added new questions for the Trivia Event at the Swamp

BALANCE STUFF

• Decreased Heavy Mace Damage +30 > +20
  • Decreased the chance of being offered the Soul of the Chosen 7% > 5%
  • Becca now applies Dominated on her last stage (Cowgirl)
  • Increased Becca's last stage threshold 50 HP > 60 HP (This means that she will advance to the last stage earlier.)
  • Claire's Stamina no longer increases during her presenting stage

BUG FIXES

• Fixed Heavy Mace damage
  • Fixed damage going wild when switching weapons
  • Fixed and Updated Diana's Codex page
  • Fixed Hills Codex page not recognizing unlocked enemies
  • Fixed a couple of dialog lines not being skippable

shojenzu

Sep 2, 2020
How many castle boss we have to fight? After the witch i fight another 4 of them and i win only because i know from gina how to win some of them like abby and gabby

Sindar

Jan 30, 2018
hope he release the game to play in offline mode someday :)
Presumably HC2 will address this wish ;)
if you edit the stamina now, the save crashes! sad...
Editing stamina still works (I tested on Opera GX, but likely works on all Chromium-based browsers), however, the new enemy Natalie appears to reset it to 100.
how trigger the gold diggers event? i've seen the girls, but nothing special '-'
You need to have a backpack and some gold on you (not sure what the minimum is), otherwise the dialogue will be different. They also gave me a dagger during one encounter.
How many castle boss we have to fight? After the witch i fight another 4 of them and i win only because i know from gina how to win some of them like abby and gabby
If I'm not mistaken there are currently 10 rooms in total in the Castle.

Reactions: makaiforce

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
If I'm not mistaken there are currently 10 rooms in total in the Castle.
I counted them (while compiling some info and easy-use codes for the game), in the Castle, currently, there are 5 unique Bosses (starting with Abby&Gabby). Knowing that, before them, there is a Boss per each game area, there should be 7 Floors before Abby&Gabby, although, in actuality, there are 6 (the Castle skips the Hills bosss (Claire), possibly because, currently, the Hills are the only location with only one possible boss (and no variable to randomize that area's boss). With the unique bosses, there are a total of 11 Floors.

Reactions: ZX7H

shojenzu

Sep 2, 2020
I counted them (while compiling some info and easy-use codes for the game), in the Castle, currently, there are 5 unique Bosses (starting with Abby&Gabby). Knowing that, before them, there is a Boss per each game area, there should be 7 Floors before Abby&Gabby, although, in actuality, there are 6 (the Castle skips the Hills bosss (Claire), possibly because, currently, the Hills are the only location with only one possible boss (and no variable to randomize that area's boss). With the unique bosses, there are a total of 11 Floors.
I don't remember the boss's name but I remember Riley Reid was the boss, I was defeated by her, how many others should I beat after her? After beating the game i want to cheat for fun, do you know how i can change the stats?

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Not sure about the actresses' names, but if, using Abby&Gabby as reference (since they are the first unique Boss in the Castle), she is 2nd (if she's Chloe), then you have 3 more unique bosses to beat (since there are 5 in total).

As for the cheating,best method was using the JavaScript Console of your current browser (Firefox or Chrome), indications on how to do it I found here: [Post in this thread about using the Console]
Might look daunting at first, but it's not that hard to use in-practice. I'm currently working on compiling Info on the game and making the usage of the Console Commands easier (by specifically separating the commands into more intelligible formats), after which I'll make a Review on this game and include those Files (as I'm keeping everything organized into Text files). I'd also include my own Save (which is a String made using said Console Commands from that post).
If you still have issues with following the info provided by the Post above, and you cannot wait ~a week until I make my Blog post, DM me and I might be able to guide you on the steps needed for your own Browser.

Reactions: shojenzu

shojenzu

Sep 2, 2020
Not sure about the actresses' names, but if, using Abby&Gabby as reference (since they are the first unique Boss in the Castle), she is 2nd (if she's Chloe), then you have 3 more unique bosses to beat (since there are 5 in total).

As for the cheating,best method was using the JavaScript Console of your current browser (Firefox or Chrome), indications on how to do it I found here: [Post in this thread about using the Console]
Might look daunting at first, but it's not that hard to use in-practice. I'm currently working on compiling Info on the game and making the usage of the Console Commands easier (by specifically separating the commands into more intelligible formats), after which I'll make a Review on this game and include those Files (as I'm keeping everything organized into Text files). I'd also include my own Save (which is a String made using said Console Commands from that post).
If you still have issues with following the info provided by the Post above, and you cannot wait ~a week until I make my Blog post, DM me and I might be able to guide you on the steps needed for your own Browser.
after starting to get enough points to beat in very few moves I managed to get to the final room. basically the game is mostly based on this, maybe the developer could insert a storyline or some sort of good ending after beating everyone, or does he want to insert even more rooms? i will try to finish it in legacy mode now

Chronwalk

Mar 18, 2019
after starting to get enough points to beat in very few moves I managed to get to the final room. basically the game is mostly based on this, maybe the developer could insert a storyline or some sort of good ending after beating everyone, or does he want to insert even more rooms? i will try to finish it in legacy mode now
I'm pretty sure there will be a couple more rooms, or he'll just leave HC 1 and focus on developing HC2, although I suspect both will be developed at the same time (which is a lot of work for the same one and only dev since HC2 will likely not have as much content as 1 from the beginning), but the good news is that if it's made on Ren'py, it will finally allow to play offline, i hope HC2 brings different "enemies"...

Reactions: Trapitalism101
3.60 star(s) 22 Votes