4.20 star(s) 15 Votes

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
Hopefully that's cool with you? I probably won't be able to update the sed statements, though.
Fine with me. sed is just easy for the purpose, but it can also be done e.g. in python.

To replace dos back slashes by linux/mac slashes, two s/earch/replace/g[lobally] sed -i: modify in place; -r regular expressions (now parens capture, \1 is a reference to what's captured)

Code:
s/("|images|meshes|voxel|data|resources)\\\\/\1\//g
s/\\\\("|data|electron)/\/\1/g
upon ./electron . I got an error message in the lines of `AC[l] is not a function' the javascript code where this goes wrong is currently:

Code:
(0,this.AC[l])(p,r);
so hack in a test to only act if AC[l] is a function. Here I used sed without -r: escaped parens `\(...\)' capture.

Code:
sed -i 's/\((0,this.AC\[l\])(p,r);\)/if(typeof this.AC[l]=="function") {\1}/' compiled.js

# the javascript becomes:

if(typeof this.AC[l]=="function") {(0,this.AC[l])(p,r);}
after next compilation the variable may not be named AC, and p nd r may be renamed or l, but if you search compiled.js for the one mentioned in the error message it should be fairly easy to adapt. If not you can try asking me next time. If I see it I will help.

Reactions: CeLioCiBR

candy76041820

Jun 1, 2019
Fine with me. sed is just easy for the purpose, but it can also be done e.g. in python.

To replace dos back slashes by linux/mac slashes, two s/earch/replace/g[lobally] sed -i: modify in place; -r regular expressions (now parens capture, \1 is a reference to what's captured)

Code:
s/("|images|meshes|voxel|data|resources)\\\\/\1\//g
s/\\\\("|data|electron)/\/\1/g
upon ./electron . I got an error message in the lines of `AC[l] is not a function' the javascript code where this goes wrong is currently:

Code:
(0,this.AC[l])(p,r);
so hack in a test to only act if AC[l] is a function. Here I used sed without -r: escaped parens `\(...\)' capture.

Code:
sed -i 's/\((0,this.AC\[l\])(p,r);\)/if(typeof this.AC[l]=="function") {\1}/' compiled.js

# the javascript becomes:

if(typeof this.AC[l]=="function") {(0,this.AC[l])(p,r);}
after next compilation the variable may not be named AC, and p nd r may be renamed or l, but if you search compiled.js for the one mentioned in the error message it should be fairly easy to adapt. If not you can try asking me next time. If I see it I will help.
Never thought I'd be looking at regular expressions on a faptain site.

orangecab

Dec 23, 2018
For those of us who are experiencing a crash on the initial loading screen ("Initializing") even after a reinstall, here is a potential fix. There may be an issue with your save file. The save file is not located in your game directory and is therefore persistent even if you've deleted and reinstalled the game's directory.

The save file is located at:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\TechDemo

In that folder you will find two files named "save" and "settings". Remove and backup the file titled "save" and, if your boot crash is caused by problems associated with your save file, the game will start just fine.

For me this problem occurred when I installed a bunch of mods and played with them for a couple hours. Somewhere along the line I must have corrupted my save file by putting a broken item or setting into my character's inventory or otherwise introduced some sort of instability which caused the game to crash on startup.

Unfortunately you will lose your entire progress in the game by doing this so perhaps consider backing up your save file periodically.

zeroro12

Feb 3, 2019
It says that this app cannot be run on this PC. Is there no possible fix? I am running windows 10.
I think there is a problem when you were moving or extracting files. Check the size of file.

If files are too big size(like TB(exactly that's not effect on hard disk)), download again or extract again.

Mar 18, 2019
Its 97k KBs, the application that is. I downloaded the rar, which I extracted into a folder. When I click the application it says that particular thing. Perhaps my computer is to old?

zeroro12

Feb 3, 2019
Its 97k KBs, the application that is. I downloaded the rar, which I extracted into a folder. When I click the application it says that particular thing. Perhaps my computer is to old?
I mean total size of the all files... well, where did you download that file? Could you tell me size of the rar?

Saitama520

Jun 16, 2018
Check to see if you're running 32 or 64 bit Windows. My first guess is that this game was built for 64bit Windows in mind, thus meaning any computer running a 32bit Windows OS would be unable to run it. If you're running 64bit Windows or this game does indeed also work on 32bit systems, then try redownloading from another source.

Mar 18, 2019
I have windows 10 32 bit. It asks me if I want to find a program on the microsoft store to run it or something before I attempt to do so

Edit: Nvm It says its not verified on microsoft store. I was mistaken. Idk why it won't run. I've tried both the 32bit and 64 bit. I tried to download it from another source and still no luck.

Last edited:

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
I have windows 10 32 bit. It asks me if I want to find a program on the microsoft store to run it or something before I attempt to do so
This error means that no program is associated with the extension of the file you're trying to open. So, which file, exactly, are you trying to open?

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes