Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Not a game for me.
Nice-looking characters and setting, but the grinding is a bit annoying and, like a few other people, I'm stuck at "Look for Fara at the market, at noon" so I can't progress the story.
Hello! You technically need a couple of minutes of "grind". You don't really need that much money. I believe with just one day of gathering plants you have enough for the whole story, so check about that!

And Fara is literally in the market. Once you enter, go AHEAD and then go TO THE RIGHT, going to the bar(RIGHT CLICK TO SEE WHERE YOU CAN GO/INTERACT), this is a bit trickier to get for some people, so in the next update the event triggers just the moment you enter the market!

I hope you give it a chance, tho. The game in its actual status has almost no bugs other than being a little bit laggy. Some stuff, like this Fara event problem, is just my mistake being bad at game design xD

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Thanks for explaining.
I re-downloaded the game to check and you're actually right.
The whole thing is just very unintuitive because from here... View attachment 1425753
...it looks like there only 1 road leading to the right at first glance, so at the next screen...
View attachment 1425754
...I assumed clicking right would just take me back where I was instead of getting to an entirely new location.

I'm done with it for today, but I'll give it another chance and update my review this week.
Thank you. I'm aware that the Market's Location is really weird and not intuitive at all, will probably find a way to change it!

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
Thank you. I'm aware that the Market's Location is really weird and not intuitive at all, will probably find a way to change it!
As a software developer myself, it didn't take me long to figure it out at all. Just a few seconds. Then again I'm used to dealing with problem reports that consist of "This page here while giving the descriptions of a a completely different page, is wrong. fix it." I have to use my telepathetic powers to translate useless into moderate sludge to figure out just what the problem really is.

Unfortunately, if an individual isn't willing to click around to explorer, any types of map is going to lose them. The only work around for these individuals I've seen in other games is the use of map icons to explain just where/what is possible on the screen which eat away at precious screen art and can become unslightly. While highly usable, artistically an eyesore.

Good luck in finding a point that matches your vision and makes people happy.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
I'm not too lazy too explore.
The "right arrow" simply is pointing directly down the road where I was coming from while the "back arrow" is pointing towards the park.
If the "right arrow" was pointing towards the tree or the destination brown house behind it (half of which is off-screen and 3/4 of it hidden by the tree) I probably wouldn't have had any problem.
The back arrow pointing towards the park I can get, although for me it's simply the "go back arrow" because it's always fixed at the bottom. The right arrow going back to where you came from I don't get. If you look at the pictures you can see that you only angled right slightly from where you came from, so your back is still turned towards where you came from for most of it.
But, that's only my sense of direction and opinion. The one big criticism for this game, from my perspective, is indeed the way you move through the map. At times it's highly confusing to say the least, although the market has never been that much of a problem for me (I had more issues with the MC's new guild home :oops:). But, if that really deters you it's a waste, because the story, writing, and animations are so good!

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
As a software developer myself, it didn't take me long to figure it out at all. Just a few seconds. Then again I'm used to dealing with problem reports that consist of "This page here while giving the descriptions of a a completely different page, is wrong. fix it." I have to use my telepathetic powers to translate useless into moderate sludge to figure out just what the problem really is.

Unfortunately, if an individual isn't willing to click around to explorer, any types of map is going to lose them. The only work around for these individuals I've seen in other games is the use of map icons to explain just where/what is possible on the screen which eat away at precious screen art and can become unslightly. While highly usable, artistically an eyesore.

Good luck in finding a point that matches your vision and makes people happy.
I don't believe this is one of those cases where the user is not looking around, there's a lot of people that have this problem, if this happens, then it means I'm doing something wrong. Even if there are users out there who do it "correctly".
For a lot of people, the Market area is a mess, for others don't. Trying to fix this will only make life easier for those who think the Market area is a mess, but won't prejudice the others. So... yeah, even if what I made is "my vision" about the game, I can't ignore those users xD

OF COURSE, there are some users who just don't even try to play the game and asks me to remove every single gameplay feature of HHG, or they just hate it, because they are too busy pressing CTRL to reach the sex scenes (And I don't mind, once you download the game, you do whatever you want with it). But I believe this is not one of those cases and, over the year, I'm sure I've received at least 1 commentary about that Fara location every week. So yeah, it's a problem, I think.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
IF, there is still someone left waiting...
I hope so! Regardless if they are waiting or not, I'm aiming in delivering a well-polished game for it to be considered a solid game. I'm aiming for HHG to be one of the best, if not the best, games in this industry/genre. (NSFW)

If someone gets tired of waiting, they are free to always come back once the game or updates are finished. And HHG will be always free, so, yeah, I don't think waiting is a problem if, in the end, it's worth it.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I don't believe this is one of those cases where the user is not looking around, there's a lot of people that have this problem, if this happens, then it means I'm doing something wrong. Even if there are users out there who do it "correctly".
For a lot of people, the Market area is a mess, for others don't. Trying to fix this will only make life easier for those who think the Market area is a mess, but won't prejudice the others. So... yeah, even if what I made is "my vision" about the game, I can't ignore those users xD

OF COURSE, there are some users who just don't even try to play the game and asks me to remove every single gameplay feature of HHG, or they just hate it, because they are too busy pressing CTRL to reach the sex scenes (And I don't mind, once you download the game, you do whatever you want with it). But I believe this is not one of those cases and, over the year, I'm sure I've received at least 1 commentary about that Fara location every week. So yeah, it's a problem, I think.
Maybe I've been conditioned by years (lots of them... god im getting old) of playing games of all types, but generally, it takes a lot for me to get stumped by a games interface, I've played games going all the way back to the original Lemmings, Monkey island, desert strike, zany golf etc. I can take a step back and see how new players/gamers might have difficulty compared to a old hat like myself. anyway, sorry for the tangent there, but finding my way around didn't give me to much trouble, and you put in the right click highlighter/arrow for those that needed it. only thing I could suggest (other then completely reworking the whole map, which is wasteful and time consuming) is make it so clickable areas are... more highlighted? (i.e a green outline or something? I'm a player not a designer Jim!), right now you have 2 choices for working out how to move around areas : the highlight/arrow system or moving mouse pointer around "likely" areas (i.e a door etc) to see if it lights up.

eh, hope my rambling helps?

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
I hope so! Regardless if they are waiting or not, I'm aiming in delivering a well-polished game for it to be considered a solid game. I'm aiming for HHG to be one of the best, if not the best, games in this industry/genre. (NSFW)

If someone gets tired of waiting, they are free to always come back once the game or updates are finished. And HHG will be always free, so, yeah, I don't think waiting is a problem if, in the end, it's worth it.
I've been waiting anxiously for about 6 months now and have no intention of going away. Take the time you need for the update as I would rather the content be of the same quality as the currently released version. Your layout and content is leaps and bounds beyond other games out there.

As for the navigation and whatnot that others are complaining about I guess I don't have those problems. Playing games on a VIC20, C-64 and IBM XT prepared me for pretty much anything. Leather Goddesses of Phobos FTW.

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
I literary explained in detail in the post you quoted and in an earlier post.
I also assumed it was bugged the moment I entered the market, because she wasn't in her usual spot.
Oh I read those. All of which does not explain why you just didn't try clicking things.
And "assumption" is one of the worst things you can do in exploration games like this. That one is on you.

Seems it really comes down to "It doesn't fit how I think things should work so therefore its wrong/broke." I know the statement is tactless, but that is what I'm getting out of you.
Well baring Komisari adding more arrow eyesores, I guess Jimmy could be shifted to point out in game things here, such as "Go click there, because the marketplace is a bit odd. Its shaped in a triangle (I think? its been months) so you need to click where you want to walk." Or maybe even he could give out an over head city map so you could just fast travel.

I know constant clicking to go where I want to go is an annoyance that happens in many games.
Whelp at this point, just have to wait on Komisari and see what the dev will do next.

• Angry
Reactions: wiwem71072

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
Komisari, if you're open to suggestions, I think small character icons near clickable areas visible when characters are in said areas would work well without needlessly cluttering up the screen. Something like this, only not cropped and pasted.
Edit: Or save some time and effort and just recolor arrows leading towards quest targets, could even make it toggleable for those who prefer to find things on their own.
wiwem71072 Thanks, I try. Sometimes brainstorming unique usernames just becomes a chore.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 207 Votes