Coomer44

Sep 30, 2019
is tha gallery unlock code supposed to actually unlock the scenes or does it only enable you to rewatch them. I tiried it out and the game said "you can now rewatch scenes in the gallery", but everything is still blacked out. If that is the case, can someone share a 100% save with all scenes unlocked.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Just finished 0.12. I am pretty impressed and want to share some thoughts.

I enjoyed the artstyle a lot. The environments don't look that good, but the important thing are the characters and they do. I dislike many 3d games like this because they tend to go for a semi-realistic look and it just tends to land squarely in the uncanny valley, especially when the characters start moving. The anime-artstyle here circumvents that problem nicely.
I also really like the characters. They don't feel as 1-dimensional as characters in theses types of games tend to feel. I tend to dislike the drunk-girl archetype in these games, but even she grew on me when she got more development with her witch career. The scenes are also really good. Normally most non-lewd scenes feel like little more than filler, but the characters have a nice dynamic here, the scenes are well written and even have good comedic timing. I had to actually laugh out loud at a couple of scenes and that is pretty rare. I also like the exagerated effects in some scenes, like the red eyes when you play hide and seek with luna.

The biggest problem in my opinion is obviously the performance. It's not a huge problem once you get used to it, but it's still annoying. I read that this is the devs first game dev project and I wanted to offer some advice, since the game looked like it was made in unity, but given that it's actually renpy I don't think I would be much help. I have to say it definetly deserves some huge props to make a game that's vastly more complicated than a Visual Novel using a Visual Novel Engine using Python as the coding-language, exspecially if it's your first project. The result is very impressive considering all that, despite the performance.

The only other thing that bothered me a bit was that it reads fairly weird to have people calling each other partner in a seemingly non-romantic way and saying it like it's supposed to mean something. I get it's supposed to be a stand-in for sibling/sister/brother to turn it into something non-blood-related? I feel like something like "best friend" would work better here. And some scenes need a bit of a rewrite to work with the stand-in, no matter what it is. Like the scene were luna and lucy reunite and she tells everyone that they are "Partners" only to then go on to say that people used to be only able to tell because her hair is the same color as the hair in luna's cat-ears. That makes no sense if you don't know what "partner" is supposed to be the stand-in for. A more fitting text could be to just say that they were both quarter-beasts and bonded over that to become best friends. It conveys the same information: That lucy is also a catgirl and that she and luna have a strong relationship with each other.

Anyway apart from those few scenes with a bit of awkward obfuscation in the writing, the writing is really good. Looking forward to more.

Edit: Also, I feel so damn bad for poor lucy, man. She's the first to support you, with you all the way and supportive throughout. But due to story she's the last to get anywhere with MC. She gets targeted and beat up in the street in a racially motivated hatecrime. Then Ari comes and Lucy gets all the hate for being "in a relationship" with MC, despite the fact that she was dead last on that account. And then in the end she gets stood up by everyone and mc f**king twice. And she still gets stalked by the racist girl. Poor girl just can't catch a break and we haven't even gotten to her hinted tragic backstory yet.

Also if you think about it, MC doensn't come across great with the red haired racists. He meets and knows the location of the girl who beat up his friend in the streets and because she doesn't attack him personally, since he is the "right" race in her view, he just lets it go? Not even telling Rebecca and Jimmy about it? It makes the last Delilah-scene a bit awkward too. Yes, Delilah, we accept you here just the way you are. There's a group of human suppremacist bandits right in that cave over there, but ignore that. They just beat up a girl right around the corner of your flowershop, so nbd, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: gertru 90

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
The only other thing that bothered me a bit was that it reads fairly weird to have people calling each other partner in a seemingly non-romantic way and saying it like it's supposed to mean something. I get it's supposed to be a stand-in for sibling/sister/brother to turn it into something non-blood-related? I feel like something like "best friend" would work better here. And some scenes need a bit of a rewrite to work with the stand-in, no matter what it is. Like the scene were luna and lucy reunite and she tells everyone that they are "Partners" only to then go on to say that people used to be only able to tell because her hair is the same color as the hair in luna's cat-ears. That makes no sense if you don't know what "partner" is supposed to be the stand-in for. A more fitting text could be to just say that they were both quarter-beasts and bonded over that to become best friends. It conveys the same information: That lucy is also a catgirl and that she and luna have a strong relationship with each other.
"Partner" has another meaning in the game. It gets explained just a little bit in the prologue, but you'll get the full explanation of the meaning "partner" in Chapter 1, in short, "Partner" is something like a "Battle Partner", a person you see as a brother/sister and, due to certain circumstances, you two work together extremely good in battle, being able to synchronize attacks and understand (in most situations) how your partner will act. Lucy and Luna are partners. Why MC and Ari call themselves partners will be explained later with a little bit of backstory, but yeah, has nothing to do with non-blood-related siblings or something like that.

And about the comment Lucy made with her hair color and Luna's ear color, it has nothing to do with the "partner" thingy, nostalgia feeling appeared and Lucy decided to make that comment out of nowhere xD

Also if you think about it, MC doensn't come across great with the red haired racists. He meets and knows the location of the girl who beat up his friend in the streets and because she doesn't attack him personally, since he is the "right" race in her view, he just lets it go? Not even telling Rebecca and Jimmy about it? It makes the last Delilah-scene a bit awkward too. Yes, Delilah, we accept you here just the way you are. There's a group of human suppremacist bandits right in that cave over there, but ignore that. They just beat up a girl right around the corner of your flowershop, so nbd, right?
Remember the MC doesn't really know what happened with the red-haired girl and Lucy. He doesn't know the red-haired girl did those comments. The MC just knows that they tried to "kidnap" Lucy to get a reward. And Rebecca told the MC they are not a treat, so, for now, he's sticking up with that. Everything about this girl and Lucy's relationship will conclude in Chapter 1, too.

Apart from that, thank you so much! I hope for you to play v0.1.3 and come again with feedback <3

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
"Partner" has another meaning in the game. It gets explained just a little bit in the prologue, but you'll get the full explanation of the meaning "partner" in Chapter 1, in short, "Partner" is something like a "Battle Partner", a person you see as a brother/sister and, due to certain circumstances, you two work together extremely good in battle, being able to synchronize attacks and understand (in most situations) how your partner will act. Lucy and Luna are partners. Why MC and Ari call themselves partners will be explained later with a little bit of backstory, but yeah, has nothing to do with non-blood-related siblings or something like that.
Ah, so it has an in-universe special meaning then? From some comments in the thread I just assumed that its originally just sister or brother and those got replaced to sanitize it for patreon, even though there aren't any scenes like that with those characters yet.

Remember the MC doesn't really know what happened with the red-haired girl and Lucy. He doesn't know the red-haired girl did those comments. The MC just knows that they tried to "kidnap" Lucy to get a reward. And Rebecca told the MC they are not a treat, so, for now, he's sticking up with that. Everything about this girl and Lucy's relationship will conclude in Chapter 1, too.

Apart from that, thank you so much! I hope for you to play v0.1.3 and come again with feedback <3
He doesn't? I just assumed he heard what they were saying before he charges in. That certainly explains his reaction to the redhead.

No, thank you for all your hard work on the game. I know how much work making a game is. I will gladly give more feedback whenever a new version comes.

Reactions: gertru 90

Count_Chocula

Jul 20, 2017
I just started playing and I had some questions. Does this game have more content than the sparce gallery seems to suggest, or is it really just 2-3 scenes per girl right now? And how long before the mom and sister come back into the game? Thanks!

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I just started playing and I had some questions. Does this game have more content than the sparce gallery seems to suggest, or is it really just 2-3 scenes per girl right now? And how long before the mom and sister come back into the game? Thanks!
It just those H scenes but I wouldn't call the content sparse. Compared to other games, the scenes that are there are often longer and many of them contain multiple positions and stuff like that. Plus there's a lot of content in the game other than the H scenes, some of it sexy as well.
Overall I feel like the game has about 6 - 8 hours of content.

Those two characters come back I would say after roughly 2/3 of the current prologue content. Depending of course on whether or not you rush the main story or not.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Ah, so it has an in-universe special meaning then? From some comments in the thread I just assumed that its originally just sister or brother and those got replaced to sanitize it for patreon, even though there aren't any scenes like that with those characters yet.
Wasn't it?
Last time I've been here that was the actual meaning...a replacement for siblings....

Was it changed or something?

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
It is both. A replacement term for the cats not being sisters in dialogue as well as their special "battle" connection.
I see it as more like the cop/soldier partner system, the ones you trust with your life in battle. although I suppose it could also be used in a more familiar way too.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Komisari

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I see it as more like the cop/soldier partner system, the ones you trust with your life in battle. although I suppose it could also be used in a more familiar way too.
It is, although less "official", more like their attitude. However, when the I patch is on, it is not their only defining relationship. If it is off, it is.

Ismjahson

Aug 14, 2018
I mean it has been almost a year, with him having an active patreon. I think people can ask as much as they want. And while I understand he's said this next update should double the content in the game, I don't think taking that long is very healthy for keeping a excited playbase. One of the main reasons I actually support arc on patreon and not any of the others whos games I like is because of how consistent they are.
I love the game but by god it's got a bad case of soon ™

Ismjahson

Aug 14, 2018
from what I've seen/read, Komi does HUGE parts of the game at a time.
So I'll just say to hold on for longer... or grind to 50 of each item in game, get to 5-10 gold etc, because it looks like Komi has planned properly so data will seamlessly transfer
I'm aware, and if the update does double the current content it will be great. It's just that when he was saying soon ™ almost two months ago and still saying soon ™ now, it's easy to poke fun ;)

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I'm aware, and if the update does double the current content it will be great. It's just that when he was saying soon ™ almost two months ago and still saying soon ™ now, it's easy to poke fun ;)
Well, planning a games release ahead of time is hard. Very hard. Just look at how often professional big time studios get their games delayed. The best you can do with these things is guess. You never know what bugs might pop up or how long it's going to take you to fix them.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
"Soon™" is a good deal better than "I dunno, soonish, I guess"; "It's done when it's done" and "oi, feg off m8, I'll let ya cunts know when I'm ready to dickslap ya with the newest version".

Ismjahson

Aug 14, 2018
"Soon™" is a good deal better than "I dunno, soonish, I guess"; "It's done when it's done" and "oi, feg off m8, I'll let ya cunts know when I'm ready to dickslap ya with the newest version".
OR IS IT? But yeah, those all suck. I prefer reliable update schedule but I guess komi wants to double his game every update :KEK:

Reactions: HardcoreLarry

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
OR IS IT? But yeah, those all suck. I prefer reliable update schedule but I guess komi wants to double his game every update :KEK:
I could easily have a schedule if all I would do is just events and taking renders all day xD
But I'm working on a lot of stuff in terms of code, gameplay, and even working on 3D objects, and I have literally 0 experience on that last one. It's really, really difficult to have a schedule, last time I put a schedule and I had to delay and remove a lot of features that I wanted for v0.1.2 because I had to work entirely on events.

And again, the game will not just double his content. The update events look really better compared to previous events.
So yeah, I prefer not to have a deadline and work entirely at my own pace and in what I want to work, without having to worry to cut stuff or make stuff fast and shitty quality because I'm reaching the deadline :WutFace:

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes