Nov 24, 2019
It always amazes me how people have no notion of the value of money.
So, let's talk numbers.

For starters, lets disregard "small details" like the passage of time, fluctuation in Patron count etc., and get the total project budget for its estimated lifetime (5 years).

US$ 8500 (aprox., we have to deduct payment processor taxes) * 60 months = US$ 510,000.00

...This is a surprising reasonable budget for a game this size.

Numbers are tricky things, you always try to compare them with “how much do I get” or “how much does the stuff I use cost”, which is a terribly bad comparison base. Instead, you must compare to “how much does a game production and marketing usually costs?” and “how much does a game tends to receive in net revenue during their lifetime?”.

Consider that because HHG is free, there won't be more HHG income after the final release (any income would be related to whatever game Komisari starts working next, or sheer charity). It is actually supposed to get that much money in 5 years.

So yes, Komisari makes too much money (US$ 8500/mo)... Compared to an average Joe and maybe even to a senior developer. But compared to the project itself, half million is actually cheap.

And this is looking at budget. If you were looking at profit, in other words, “is it worth the time, the risks, and the work, to make this instead some other thing?”, you probably would not accept a cash flow below US$ 1,500,000.00 (it actually depends on thousands of factors, including the investor, assume this as a personal prospect if needed)

From the looks of this, Komisari is barely making enough to cover a basic budget, let alone making a profit, let alone actually milking anyone or anything. Commercially speaking, "milking" is when your return rate is above the market average, although it receives a different term ("star") if you are increasing the costs along the profits (star projects are good).

Therefore. You can start accusing Komisari of milking anyone when they starts making more than US$ 25,000.00/mo and only if they do not increase the game quality to match this (Remember the "star"?).

You can disagree with Komisari decisions regarding how they manage the project schedule, assets, etc. but claiming they gain too much is an argument which won't hold water.

Last edited:

wholef'nshow

Mar 9, 2020
It always amazes me how people have no notion of the value of money.
So, let's talk numbers.
And you didn't mention the fact that Komi hasn't had all these patreons since the first day she started or put the project online. So, these numbers are even inflated. To quote Principal Skinner when the boys were talking about his salary: "I was not a Principal at one year of age!!!" (Sorry if the quote isn't perfect...but I don't know how it is in english...).

And how much of that money and what happens with it is your business?

Unless you are a patreon and have been promised certain stuff, komisari owes you nothing. No update. No sneak peeks. No wallpapers. No explanation. No nothing.
Someone tells Jimmy to give that man a medal!!!
Aaaaaaah, finally!!! I think taht these sentences should be written in stones at the opening of each page of this topic!

Seriously guys, we're getting ridiculous!
Why should the developer be accountable to every single shifted mind for his work? Indeed worse! because here you are not criticizing his work, but the way he carries it out! Some kind of personal thing that shouldn't be a topic of discussion for anyone!

Have you played the game? Yup? And did you like it? And most importantly, are you a Patreon who actually pay for playing it? Because if you are not, stop bitching, wining and complaining like a bunch of dickheads! If you think that this game deserves the long (very long, yeah) wait, stay with us and pray Odin! If you are tired of waiting, stop boring all of us and get your ass out of the stadium! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

And the thing that no one is considering, is that we have litterally NO CLUE of how this update will be! It can be fuckin' huge guyz, Komi said that the update will be bigger than the previous version! So please, PLEASE, can we start talking again about how Lucy is That-Damn-Good and how are we all secretly waiting to bang Ari? Then, when the game comes out, if we're all still here and it hasn't met our needs or repaid the wait in our absolutely negligible opinion, then we'll all be free to shoot shit at the infamous! But right now this thing has to stop. We can't stay here making counts of the money in other people's pocket! I'm not the f'n Nottingham Sheriff, I'm someone who play this game absolutely for free! And so many of us. And I am sick 'n tired of all this useless speculation. If you have any criticisms to make, make them about the game and not about something that doesn't concern you.

And if you are a patreon, same! And shame!
Because if you don't like this product anymore due to the long wait, undo your subscription and get da hell outta here!

Reactions: Feletriu

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
I don't care, I'm working on this game a lot, and when I'm not, I'm always thinking about it and planning/changing stuff. If you're a Patron, you're free to unsubscribe from my page. If you're not a Patron and just a guy that wants to play the game, I would ask you for patience. This is a lot of work and requires a lot of time.
I'm a leach, and my opinion is that run your show how you need to run it. Frankly, what I've read so far seems like you've got good control of your vision vs. let it become watered down by $$$ patron wants.

You've stated clearly how you are doing your releases. My only worry for you is that by not releasing, say quarterly, you will have the issue of "out of site, out of mind."

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
So yes, Komisari makes too much money (US$ 8500/mo)... Compared to an average Joe and maybe even to a senior developer. But compared to the project itself, half million is actually cheap.
Its actually more like $7.8k a month once you apply Argentina's %9 income tax. (next bracket is about $130k if I remember correctly from a website I looked up.) And I have no idea if Argentina has anything like Medicare tax, social security tax, etc. like the U.S. has. Let alone if Argentina is brokenup at all like the U.S. is into states for even more forms of taxation.

Let alone we don't know if Komisari rigged it up as a business so the OP is getting payed less by said "business", which would be the smart thing to do in the U.S. I don't know Argentina's laws though. Heck, if it is done as a business, the tax may even be higher.

Komisari, please don't say anything about how you are using the funds from your sources. We have no need to know, honestly. I only took a guess of Argentina given what F95 says of you as an active member for the bases of location.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Its actually more like $7.8k a month once you apply Argentina's %9 income tax. (next bracket is about $130k if I remember correctly from a website I looked up.) And I have no idea if Argentina has anything like Medicare tax, social security tax, etc. like the U.S. has. Let alone if Argentina is brokenup at all like the U.S. is into states for even more forms of taxation.

Let alone we don't know if Komisari rigged it up as a business so the OP is getting payed less by said "business", which would be the smart thing to do in the U.S. I don't know Argentina's laws though. Heck, if it is done as a business, the tax may even be higher.

Komisari, please don't say anything about how you are using the funds from your sources. We have no need to know, honestly. I only took a guess of Argentina given what F95 says of you as an active member for the bases of location.
You forgot that first we would have to deduct Patreon's share of the earnings - and later take into account all the extra expenses there are for making a game (more and better thus more expensive hardware, all kinds of software and licenses). You just cannot compare the incoming money for self-employed people with the money you make on the 9 to 5 grind. Add to that that self employment is way more risky.

Of course sometimes I have the assumption all those people complaining about how much devs are making only have the $15 they get for mowing uncle Derek's lawn as a point of reference.

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
You forgot that first we would have to deduct Patreon's share of the earnings - and later take into account all the extra expenses there are for making a game (more and better thus more expensive hardware, all kinds of software and licenses). You just cannot compare the incoming money for self-employed people with the money you make on the 9 to 5 grind. Add to that that self employment is way more risky.
I have no idea if what Patreon displays is accounting their cut or not, honestly. So can't really say that I forgot.

As for taking into the account of funding the actual creation of the game, that was covered. Self employmeent means that comes out of your own pocket after-all. While you and I are cognizant of that fact, I don't know of how many others on the forums are. Also add to that, I have no idea of the laws of Argentina.
Either of us could go into great detail based on our own perspectives, but what would that serve? I believe we have derailed long enough so I am stopping here.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
No one:

Lucy, every time someone wants to question about all this useless things instead of talking about how cute she is:

View attachment 1521276

Do you really want to make Lucy suffer?
I, too, and a member of the Cult of Lucy. I would just about give up the "Harem" part of the game title for her, and I love harem games. I'd take a package deal with Lucy and Luna!:love:

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
No one:

Lucy, every time someone wants to question about all this useless things instead of talking about how cute she is:

View attachment 1521276

Do you really want to make Lucy suffer?
I, too, and a member of the Cult of Lucy. I would just about give up the "Harem" part of the game title for her, and I love harem games. I'd take a package deal with Lucy and Luna!:love:
1638037006984.png

* Lucy every time someone DOESN'T talk about her.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes