Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
says absolutely nothing

Just keep saying he's working and that LITERALLY everyone knows

Update date: WE DON'T HAVE

It's just a "forecast" for the end of the year or beginning of next year.

Since the guy always said he was going to launch THIS YEAR and now the estimate is already for "beginning of next year"

Soon comes "the plan is to launch it in the middle of next year" and so on.
Dude, Komi had surgery on his EYES, you know, the things he needs to SEE WITH to be able to do the work? That's like telling a person who had a heart attack to go back to their job of heavy lifting the next day. Stop being a selfish prick and let him recover sufficiently before he continues. So what if it takes a little longer. It not like he PLANNED on needing surgery. Seriously... I know people can be selfish but you really are pushing it to the next level.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Everybody else can see the "Abandoned" tag and wander off. All the cool kids hang out here and know the truth of the Return of Lucy! :love:
The rules for the ABANDONED tag are a bit iffy... e.g. The game Apartment 69 has it and everybody, mod included know it's not. and yet due to a technicality they won't remove it.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
The rules for the ABANDONED tag are a bit iffy... e.g. The game Apartment 69 has it and everybody, mod included know it's not. and yet due to a technicality they won't remove it.
Same here basically. The Dev is active and responsive, but it's marked because of a technicality. I wasn't commenting on the tag, was commenting on those of us who know the truth and stick around for Lucy the game to return

AntiFlash

Jan 18, 2019
Dude, Komi had surgery on his EYES, you know, the things he needs to SEE WITH to be able to do the work? That's like telling a person who had a heart attack to go back to their job of heavy lifting the next day. Stop being a selfish prick and let him recover sufficiently before he continues. So what if it takes a little longer. It not like he PLANNED on needing surgery. Seriously... I know people can be selfish but you really are pushing it to the next level.
First of all, at no time did I get into anything personal from the creator of the game.

The hard thing is to imagine a game that takes two years to come out ONE update and they said it would come out this year and now you're not even sure anymore

I paid for the game and I can easily give my opinion and this is far from selfish

This was one of my favorite games, it was the first one I wanted to pay to have an update and now it's one of the games I feel the most, a mix of anger and sadness

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
I paid for the game and I can easily give my opinion and this is far from selfish
I can understand that you really want to see the game updated. I do too. This is the only game where I regularly check the thread to see if there has been progress. Patreon is not a store. The name is based off of the word "patron". If you go by the definition "a person or group that supports an activity or organization, especially by giving money". You donated to the artist, you did not pay for the game. I also donated to Komisari through Patreon. I understood from the start that I was just showing my support and appreciation for what he had already done and the potential of what could be. When I could no longer afford to keep donating, I stopped. I will most likely continue at some point when I can. Never spend money you can't afford to potentially lose.

AntiFlash

Jan 18, 2019
I can understand that you really want to see the game updated. I do too. This is the only game where I regularly check the thread to see if there has been progress. Patreon is not a store. The name is based off of the word "patron". If you go by the definition "a person or group that supports an activity or organization, especially by giving money". You donated to the artist, you did not pay for the game. I also donated to Komisari through Patreon. I understood from the start that I was just showing my support and appreciation for what he had already done and the potential of what could be. When I could no longer afford to keep donating, I stopped. I will most likely continue at some point when I can. Never spend money you can't afford to potentially lose.
Well I won't be a hypocrite

I donated a lot because of the game, of course helping the artist is a bonus after all he is the one who develops the game

But what I really wanted was to play the game and get an update and for that I was paying

The moment I saw that my money was not helping or at least not being rewarded for the money I was investing, I just stopped.

I know very well where to invest my money and especially I know very well when to stop

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
There is nothing iffy about it. It's a necessity. A dev could just be milking his patrons for years without update by just saying he/she is working on the game without any real proof. This is to make any new potential patrons aware that there is something sus going on and they should be careful with their money.

Jan 31, 2021
Hey, Komi! I know I'm just one voice in this endless sea of them, but I would just like to apologise to you for badmouthing you previously about not updating. I had no idea you underwent a pretty serious surgery and just assumed (like a dickhead) that you'd abandoned the game. Words can't describe how fucking stupid I feel and how sorry I am towards you. I really hope you're doing okay, and when I can get the money together, I intend to resubscribe to your Patreon, if nothing else, just to show how apologetic I am.

I truly wish you all the best in any of your endeavours, Komi! And even if you never update this game again, you're totally good in my books! I just hope I can be good in yours c:

ganesha2407

Nov 6, 2020
expect copper
found a frickin Diamond,
loving your works man.
and im new here but little know about some stuff happened here 18 month without update,
but lookin at the teasers is make me excited that you spend so much time on this project.
can't wait for the update,hopefully there'll be plenty Sunny events!!
really love her personality

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes