D

Deleted member 484637

Okay, I give up, I can't find the pink haired girl (Evie?) during the Jimmy quest. I encountered her at the bicycle parking spot, and now I have to find her again. Somewhere in this topic it was mentioned that she should be at the market, but I searched the market up and down at every time of the day, and still didn't find her.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Hello guys! I'll answer all questions here.

To find the demon at the market, you need to have Ari Lvl 2 and max affection. I'll add some dialogues during Ari scene to let the player know this.

When looking for Evie, she's at the end of the park. And it's not meant for the Demon Event to play when you're looking for her. I'll disable the demon event while you're looking for Evie and I'll make MC say some words when entering the market, for the player to know that Evie is in the park.

For levels 3, 7, and 8 of Evie; You need to go into that location WHEN Evie is studying/not studying. She has a 50% chance to be studying at noon every day. When she's studying, she's at the church. When she's not studying, she's at the park. You can see what she is going to do in the morning if you ask her. I'll add an option to control this when you talk with her in the morning. So you can tell her to go to study or not.

Ari is at the town's stairs all day. You will be able to ask Leticia and Elizabeth about this.

My game crashes every 2 seconds please help. Download the needed patch.

The gallery is broken af xD. I'll try to solve this before the pre-release.

Thank you everyone for trying the game. I'm sorry about the bugs. If another question appears, I'll edit this. Please, help me answer and quote everyone with this message every time they have a problem.

Khaz_

Jun 1, 2017
Regarding the cinematic mode, I think that could be a good idea, but the scene was really dark and I couldn't see what was going on. Maybe try doing it again in the future update with some better lighting :)

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Regarding the cinematic mode, I think that could be a good idea, but the scene was really dark and I couldn't see what was going on. Maybe try doing it again in the future update with some better lighting :)
Ups, I'll add a little bright in the scene, sorry!

Totes_Adorbs

May 7, 2017
Full Saves as of v0.1.1 Beta Build 1
--All of the saves are at every "fun" scene, some are just multiples of the same scene but at different parts, but this is 100% of the current content, the last 3 "clone" saves on page 9, are just the "End of the Road" saves.

Have fun :3 and enjoy!

Eliza

Oct 3, 2017
i ended up having to wait an extra few days for some reason, maybe because i did an event in the night time period before that midnight or maybe because i had to get everyone else level 10. thanks tho, if i didn't see this and didn't know the event was supposed to trigger by me just walking in to the market, i prolly would've have spent another hour wandering the market at midnight aimlessly

RyuTenshi

May 2, 2018
Finaly got arround to restart with the patch this time (still kinda embarased about that ^^') and everything works.
Thanks for the help and sorry for the trouble.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Just downloaded the update, and started a new game, and I'm getting errors when moving between rooms.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 277, in <module>
TypeError: argument of type 'int' is not iterable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "tl/English/script/new prologue.rpyc", line 637, in script call
  File "script/prologue_witchshop.rpyc", line 23, in script call
  File "script/prologue_market.rpyc", line 128, in script call
  File "script/prologue_forest.rpyc", line 127, in script call
  File "script/prologue_forest.rpyc", line 309, in script call
  File "script/prologue_witchshop.rpyc", line 160, in script call
  File "script/guild_nav.rpyc", line 277, in script
  File "F:\RPG Maker Games\Hero of the Harem Guild  v1.0\HHGv0.1.1-Beta-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "F:\RPG Maker Games\Hero of the Harem Guild  v1.0\HHGv0.1.1-Beta-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "F:\RPG Maker Games\Hero of the Harem Guild  v1.0\HHGv0.1.1-Beta-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Heros Harem Guild Beta
Wed Jun 03 13:09:11 2020

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Just downloaded the update, and started a new game, and I'm getting errors when moving between rooms.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "tl/English/script/new prologue.rpyc", line 637, in script call
  File "script/prologue_witchshop.rpyc", line 23, in script call
  File "script/prologue_market.rpyc", line 128, in script call
  File "script/prologue_forest.rpyc", line 127, in script call
  File "script/prologue_forest.rpyc", line 309, in script call
  File "script/prologue_witchshop.rpyc", line 160, in script call
  File "script/guild_nav.rpyc", line 277, in script
  File "F:\RPG Maker Games\Hero of the Harem Guild  v1.0\HHGv0.1.1-Beta-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "F:\RPG Maker Games\Hero of the Harem Guild  v1.0\HHGv0.1.1-Beta-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "F:\RPG Maker Games\Hero of the Harem Guild  v1.0\HHGv0.1.1-Beta-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Heros Harem Guild Beta
Wed Jun 03 13:09:11 2020
Install the patch
Win/linux: (Needed)

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I only found one bug, that's during spending time together with Elizabeth in her room, there were 3 bug screens that was ignoreable. The last scene was funny, but I hope the effect is not permanent, never liked that pixie bullshit anywhere.

A few thoughts on the game:

- Something more concrete in-game to where to find Ari would've been good, I searched days for her until I read the thread. Also her being at the stairs in early morning yet avaible instantly when there's a mission is breaking the story a bit.
- Money is still tight. We have mining now and a revised fishing, but the prices they sell for are so small that unless you grind a lot, you'll only get scrapes. You buy the better equipment for mining, but half of the earnings you make will consume the cost of the pickaxe, and it's even worse with fishing. Adventuring missions give way too little in terms of rewards, especially with the money getting smaller if you don't let them rest for a while.
- For some reason the game was very laggy at points, and it ate a lot of memory. AAA games don't lag as much as this one at times.
- A fast map for every big area would be a good idea. Clicking through the market for example to find something can get rather long unless you luck out on your first try or if you'd have a walkthrough.
- Lana after her personality calmed down disappeared from my room at midnight, yet at some scenes she was still there as part of the story, making it a bit inconsistent.
- Instead of an rng if Eve learns or not with Rebecca, set days would be better. I had 3-4 days in straight when she wasn't there at all.

Other than these things, it's enjoyable and there's a good amount of content, but still rough around the edges.

May 1, 2020
I really love to play this game but unfortunately .. well I have only my phone(Android)and I can't afford to buy computer .. And even if I want to support the Dev I can't .. But still if someone port this to Android I'm very thankful to you ..

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
A few thoughts on the game:

- Something more concrete in-game to where to find Ari would've been good, I searched days for her until I read the thread. Also her being at the stairs in early morning yet avaible instantly when there's a mission is breaking the story a bit.
- Money is still tight. We have mining now and a revised fishing, but the prices they sell for are so small that unless you grind a lot, you'll only get scrapes. You buy the better equipment for mining, but half of the earnings you make will consume the cost of the pickaxe, and it's even worse with fishing. Adventuring missions give way too little in terms of rewards, especially with the money getting smaller if you don't let them rest for a while.
- For some reason the game was very laggy at points, and it ate a lot of memory. AAA games don't lag as much as this one at times.
- A fast map for every big area would be a good idea. Clicking through the market for example to find something can get rather long unless you luck out on your first try or if you'd have a walkthrough.
- Lana after her personality calmed down disappeared from my room at midnight, yet at some scenes she was still there as part of the story, making it a bit inconsistent.
- Instead of an rng if Eve learns or not with Rebecca, set days would be better. I had 3-4 days in straight when she wasn't there at all.

Other than these things, it's enjoyable and there's a good amount of content, but still rough around the edges.
Hello! I talked almost about all of that some post above!

- The positions and places of Elizabeth, Ari, and Leticia are all placeholders. Girl's positions and mechanics will be changed completely next update.

- I'm aware of this, I changed some stuff for the pre-release!

- Yeah. The game updates all variables every time you walk. I want to kill myself for doing that. In the next update, performance will be a priority, this is my first game and it's my first time in programming, so I make a lot of mistakes that are REALLY difficult to fix without killing the savegame of everyone...

- If you talk about looking for the girls, all girls will have a position marked on the map for the next update, sorry about that.

- Did you download the patch?

- I changed this, you can know to decide if Evie goes to study or not.

The last scene was funny, but I hope the effect is not permanent, never liked that pixie bullshit anywhere.
Don't worry.
NarissaWink.png

Ren-dono

Oct 31, 2018
Hello, I'm the dev <3
Greetings and salutations-.. I enjoy it so far, though i keep hitting errors while moving into the livingroom of the guild house and the part with the ladder up to my bedroom. I'm looking forward to see what the game will become in the future.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Greetings and salutations-.. I enjoy it so far, though i keep hitting errors while moving into the livingroom of the guild house and the part with the ladder up to my bedroom. I'm looking forward to see what the game will become in the future.
Thanks! Download the needed patch stated in this post, please

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Hello! I talked almost about all of that some post above!

- The positions and places of Elizabeth, Ari, and Leticia are all placeholders. Girl's positions and mechanics will be changed completely next update.

- I'm aware of this, I changed some stuff for the pre-release!

- Yeah. The game updates all variables every time you walk. I want to kill myself for doing that. In the next update, performance will be a priority, this is my first game and it's my first time in programming, so I make a lot of mistakes that are REALLY difficult to fix without killing the savegame of everyone...

- If you talk about looking for the girls, all girls will have a position marked on the map for the next update, sorry about that.

- Did you download the patch?

- I changed this, you can know to decide if Evie goes to study or not.

Don't worry.
View attachment 680061
To be fair, I downloaded this after it dropped here but only got around to play it recently and it had a lot of content to get through, so I haven't checked for any patches before trying it and writing the post after that.

- Ari's position was just kinda weird seeing how she's there when you give her a mission. Otherwise it's more convenient to have her in the same place, but finding out where that place is actually was a bit of a hassle.

- In my opinion, if you're next updates will have the same amount of content, then it's better to make a change that fixes the performance but kills the saves sooner than later. Knowing the mechanics and whatnots, you can catch up much faster where you were before even with it having a good amount of story, but having that happening 7-8 updates later would be frustrating as hell and probably a game dropping reason for many.

- Having their position marked is a good idea but I didn't mean that. I meant to have a quick map like we have in the guild building on the bottom of the screen. For example the Market alone has 8 places you can go at least, not counting the park, which would make it 12-13 I believe. Clicking through individually on that while you're searching for something consumes a lot of time. The Lake and the Ruins also have several areas in it, and with the Ruins we can't even use the quick travel.

Reactions: Budin kuat
D

Deleted member 484637

ok, i just had to buy the canoe before... my bad

Last edited by a moderator:
4.40 star(s) 207 Votes