Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I think Cooking and Forging feel the natural next step to have in the game, but they can become tedious if you add real time waiting or failing the minigame means losing all resources used. An idea could be having different tiers for the item( bad,good,great) so i am getting what i need no matter what. But that will triple the amount of item you need to code into the game.
I know that real-time waiting seems tedious, some people even mentioned that it looked like the typical Play Store game, and some thought that I would add microtransactions XD.
I will, eventually, change all the "numbers" to another kind of display.

The numbers are tied to being tedious, but at the same time, isn't it what lots of sandbox games do?
Almost all sandbox games have the typical timer, in a furnace or anything, even in different aspects of the gameplay, and you do not feel that time because you are busy doing other stuff while this initial job is completed.
That's why in HHG I'm trying to make so THERE IS lots of stuff to do.

If there is a quest to get material from the furnaces, then there WILL be other stuff to do, like leveling girls, trying to get money doing Town Requests, etc.

I believe that the problem of it looking tedious is THE DISPLAY. Seeing that the creation of an item will take "2 minutes" is infinitely more tedious than having the item have a "Creation time: Short", and a bar showing progress. Of course, it seems tedious because I made mistakes in the game design, which I plan to correct!

[...] and the timer aspect of putting them to work should also be tied to the ingame time system imo.
Overall a solid 7/10 imo!
Same problem, if I tied stuff to the in-game system could be kinda of great to feel invested in the world but the problem is that TOO many games do it, and lots of players just SLEEP multiple times to rush money. And this is REALLY BAD.
I don't want HHG to feel like those games where you click WORK -> SLEEP -> WORK -> SLEEP to get money.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
However Lockpicking is more problematic in my opinion for this quote: "Lockpicking WILL be needed to progress the main story or some side stories."
I think its a waste of resources to implement a mechanic that will be used just a couple of times.
Asking to Komisari , have you thought about adding a daily chest that appears in the ruins that the player needs to lockpick?
I got you!
Lockpicking WILL be needed to progress, but it's also used for different other aspects of gameplay. I explain that in the Trello update.

You can use them to enter girls' bedrooms or rooms, open chests that will appear out there, and even open treasure chests that you can find via fishing, mining, and even doing Town Requests!

It WILL be needed, but you will also use the system for other kinds of stuff too!

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but do you know when the next update is coming out? At least an approximation?
That's been one of the points of contention for this game. It's what most of the arguments and complaints are about. It's going to be a while. Even Komi himself is not happy with how long it is taking but he has taken steps to get something out to us quicker. However that could be months from now even with his new plan of release. From what I have read, he is trying to get it out but is also unwilling to compromise on the quality. For some, like me, that's fine. I have patience. For others, it's not good enough and they crucify him for it. If there's one thing you can count on is that Komi will not give a definitive date on the release. Your best bet is to check his Trello page or jump into the Discord channel to see what progress has been made.

Reactions: Komisari

Ahnthipheres

Jun 30, 2023
That's been one of the points of contention for this game. It's what most of the arguments and complaints are about. It's going to be a while. Even Komi himself is not happy with how long it is taking but he has taken steps to get something out to us quicker. However that could be months from now even with his new plan of release. From what I have read, he is trying to get it out but is also unwilling to compromise on the quality. For some, like me, that's fine. I have patience. For others, it's not good enough and they crucify him for it. If there's one thing you can count on is that Komi will not give a definitive date on the release. Your best bet is to check his Trello page or jump into the Discord channel to see what progress has been made.
Thank you for replying, I don't mind waiting either if what it comes with is of this quality. I was just curious if you already knew anything.

Reactions: Kantanshi

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
- Shigeru Miyamoto (and others)

I can afford to wait :p
Do i need to show you a list of all bad Nin games? Not the best track record. And over stretching and overscaling can be an issue too. Sometimes, less... Is better.

• Angry
Reactions: KittyMaid

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Do i need to show you a list of all bad Nin games? Not the best track record. And over stretching and overscaling can be an issue too. Sometimes, less... Is better.
I counter your words with a simple question : name a bad Miyamoto game? (because I never quoted Nintendo, just a single Nintendo developer)

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
I counter your words with a simple question : name a bad Miyamoto game? (because I never quoted Nintendo, just a single Nintendo developer)
Yeah some insignificant small developer at Nintendo. Just a general manager of EAD. Nobody. With no significant influence on general direction and management of the company.
But sure, Zelda 2 is a mess, cute experiment, but overall experience is bad. Kirby Air Ride is pretty bad, that one as far i remember is doubly funny because it kept being delayed and it still came out shit. Need more?

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Yeah some insignificant small developer at Nintendo. Just a general manager of EAD. Nobody. With no significant influence on general direction and management of the company.
But sure, Zelda 2 is a mess, cute experiment, but overall experience is bad. Kirby Air Ride is pretty bad, that one as far i remember is doubly funny because it kept being delayed and it still came out shit. Need more?
okay mate. don't know why you seem to be looking for a fight, but I'm just going to say this simply : Stop. In the same way I'm just going to stop responding to you after this post.

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
okay mate. don't know why you seem to be looking for a fight, but I'm just going to say this simply : Stop. In the same way I'm just going to stop responding to you after this post.
You asked a question, you got a response, how is this a fight?

The anger comes from their fav game HHG being delayed, so they look for somewhere to vent.
Back to throw more insults at people and embarrass yourself?

• Angry
4.50 star(s) 207 Votes