Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
What were you like 3 days away from making a post? Does it matter if they reported you 3 months to the day or waited an extra week? Its not a surprise to anyone that you're under extra scrutiny. That doesn't really mean you can play the victim card here. This outcome was completely preventable. I mean if all it took was a patreon post every two months, then dang you really must not care.
XD????
I'm not playing the victim; that sentence was completely informational. I didn't plan to make any patreon posts soon.
I don't care about the abandoned tag; I will still tell you guys that HHG is not abandoned. That abandoned tag doesn't change the fact.

HentaiSlaves

Sep 3, 2018
XD????
I'm not playing the victim; that sentence was completely informational. I didn't plan to make any patreon posts soon.
I don't care about the abandoned tag; I will still tell you guys that HHG is not abandoned. That abandoned tag doesn't change the fact.
Hmm if you don't care about the abandoned tag that should apply that you don't even care about that Game Developer tag too?

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Hmm if you don't care about the abandoned tag that should apply that you don't even care about that Game Developer tag too?
Oh, actually, I care a lot about that one.

In fact, it is my favorite.
I DON'T KNOW what i WOULD DO if I lost that tag. I might cry a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: ShadySkull

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
smh, ain't nobody in this thread ever learn a damn thing

Maybe this can change our tack here

Oh, actually, I care a lot about that one.

In fact, it is my favorite.
I DON'T KNOW what i WOULD DO if I lost that tag. I might cry a lot.
Komi, could you tell us what you worked on last week for HHG? Doesn't matter if it's technical, just specifically what alterations were made.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Komi, could you tell us what you worked on last week for HHG? Doesn't matter if it's technical, just specifically what alterations were made.
I'm reorganizing events while adding gameplay, as I said many times ago.
Compared to some events, the gameplay is not done entirely, or they are outdated.

> I ported Shino level 12.
> Before porting Shino level 13, I decided to rework the animations. So, I did a new batch of animations. You can see one of them in one of my recent Twitter posts.
ssstwitter.com_1710794487017-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
> Once I finished it, I started porting Shino level 13. It's an event where you must go to Shino's room at midnight. She asked you to do so.
> I realized that now would be an excellent early moment to introduce you to one of the features of lockpicking: entering some rooms at midnight.
> When you click something that can be lockpicked, a radial wheel opens. Leave, use a physical lockpick, or use your lockpicking powers. (That you already unlocked by that)
> Before doing the wheel, I must code the lockpicking item and power it properly.
> Powers can wait; it's just a screen with properties being upgraded by external sources; there is no need to put it in the game now.
1710794729166.png
> The lockpick is the FIRST "Tinkering" item. HHG has tools. So there's a new Tinkering system that lets you discover and upgrade blueprints, as well as craft and repair gear. (Instead of tools being sold in the typical shops)
1710794837337.png
> Before the lockpick, I must adequately port the Tinkering system.
> Before porting the Tinkering system, I must make Lucy reach his new Tinkering phase. (Level 15)
> I decided that putting the Tinkering system inside Lucy's workshop would be a mess (Like where it was all these years); it's a place nobody accesses. So, I decided to make the Tinkering system anywhere Lucy is.
> I started reworking Lucy's "Tinkering" phase positions. (Where she appears on the map)
> After several tries and tests, I was able to create a menu in which it seemed that once you clicked the "Tinkering" icon whenever Lucy was, her "3D model" would stay in front of the background.
296fae1f289cada9de13787d98ab827d-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
> Now, I have to properly do and test the Tinkering system; So, I created some undiscovered blueprints icons for items, for that, I had to rework the way items appears in inventory slots, so I was able to create multi-layered icons.
1710794934574.png
(Just a placeholder)
> These new icons and items are created automatically based on a Blueprint object. It's not an image, it's a blueprint image, with then the darkened image of the item this blueprint creates and then a ? in renpy's txt. (Until now, all other items were just a single image)
> I realized that the "Item Details" of every item were not suitable for this tinkering system. Some items are leveled up in this tinkering system and gain new properties. In my actual inventory details screen, the one you see below, the "stats" of the item appears based on what kind of item there is that you're hovering.
1710795139175.png
> This kind of """"stats""""" system is really old. For example, an item like this one ´wooden_fishing_rod1´ is an obj that has properties like ´wooden_fishing_rod1.reelingStrength´, ´wooden_fishing_rod1.reelingSpeed´, etc. Then, the screen would CHECK if the ´wooden_fishing_rod1.toolType´ is "Rod", and then check the ´reelingStrength´, ´reelingSpeed´ and etc.
This was not good because if I were to make an item, like, for example, the lockpick, which after X level opens the doors automatically, I would have to go to the screen and create a new "if" for every new stat or anything I would like to add. In short, a shitty thing.
> So, I decided to rework it, and instead of adding attributes to the ´wooden_fishing_rod1´ directly, I would create a DICT with "stats" inside, ´wooden_fishing_rod1.stats´. Those stats will show how they must be shown in the "Item Details" screen, detailed INSIDE the item, and not outside. This way I could create any stat I want without having to add or remove any if from all the inventory screens that I have on the game.
> So, I decided to, instead of being a screen, make it a CDD, a displayable that would take parameters and work and show based on what I give it for default, and show their stats BASED on the stats they have on ´wooden_fishing_rod1.stats´. <------------ I'M HERE

--------

> After that, I have to put it inside the tinkering screen, the inventory screen, and the shops properly.
> Create the rest: The discover screen (You have to put an undiscovered blueprint, then put the item it requires you to put, in the case above, is 1 Red Carol), the upgrade screen (To upgrade blueprints), then the crafting screen, the repairing screen and that's it. (These is relatively fast)
> After that, add the powers screen (It's already done in Photoshop, so that it would take me a couple of hours)
> Code and make the "Wheel" screen for lockpicking. (Easy, a screen with three buttons)
> Make it work on Shino's door once it's midnight, and she's about to reach level 13.
> Properly test that it works.
> Keep porting Shino level 13 :)

People see small 20%, 10%, and lower percentages on the Trello page; the thing is, once all these initial systems are done, I will start porting events like a beast. And everything will go from 20% to 90% in one day. XD
But yeah, things have to be done first. I hope that explanation was okay to you. I could have missed something or forgotten something. I remember doing other stuff, but yeah, that's it.

Sorry for the grammar; I just wrote it quickly.

Sometimes I think... I would have loved to keep making events and animations of the same poor quality as 2020 and repeating the same routine with casual, nonsensical sexual scenes and a simple gameplay that becomes repetitive after a while.

Last edited:

xNezzen

Jan 1, 2022
I'm reorganizing events while adding gameplay, as I said many times ago.
Compared to some events, the gameplay is not done entirely, or they are outdated.

> I ported Shino level 12.
> Before porting Shino level 13, I decided to rework the animations. So, I did a new batch of animations. You can see one of them in one of my recent Twitter posts.
View attachment 3456439
> Once I finished it, I started porting Shino level 13. It's an event where you must go to Shino's room at midnight. She asked you to do so.
> I realized that now would be an excellent early moment to introduce you to one of the features of lockpicking: entering some rooms at midnight.
> When you click something that can be lockpicked, a radial wheel opens. Leave, use a physical lockpick, or use your lockpicking powers. (That you already unlocked by that)
> Before doing the wheel, I must code the lockpicking item and power it properly.
> Powers can wait; it's just a screen with properties being upgraded by external sources; there is no need to put it in the game now.
View attachment 3456465
> The lockpick is the FIRST "Tinkering" item. HHG has tools. So there's a new Tinkering system that lets you discover and upgrade blueprints, as well as craft and repair gear. (Instead of tools being sold in the typical shops)
View attachment 3456482
> Before the lockpick, I must adequately port the Tinkering system.
> Before porting the Tinkering system, I must make Lucy reach his new Tinkering phase. (Level 15)
> I decided that putting the Tinkering system inside Lucy's workshop would be a mess (Like where it was all these years); it's a place nobody accesses. So, I decided to make the Tinkering system anywhere Lucy is.
> I started reworking Lucy's "Tinkering" phase positions. (Where she appears on the map)
> After several tries and tests, I was able to create a menu in which it seemed that once you clicked the "Tinkering" icon whenever Lucy was, her "3D model" would stay in front of the background.
View attachment 3456484
> Now, I have to properly do and test the Tinkering system; So, I created some undiscovered blueprints icons for items, for that, I had to rework the way items appears in inventory slots, so I was able to create multi-layered icons.
View attachment 3456488
(Just a placeholder)
> These new icons and items are created automatically based on a Blueprint object. It's not an image, it's a blueprint image, with then the darkened image of the item this blueprint creates and then a ? in renpy's txt. (Until now, all other items were just a single image)
> I realized that the "Item Details" of every item were not suitable for this tinkering system. Some items are leveled up in this tinkering system and gain new properties. In my actual inventory details screen, the one you see below, the "stats" of the item appears based on what kind of item there is that you're hovering.
View attachment 3456511
> This kind of """"stats""""" system is really old. For example, an item like this one ´wooden_fishing_rod1´ is an obj that has properties like ´wooden_fishing_rod1.reelingStrength´, ´wooden_fishing_rod1.reelingSpeed´, etc. Then, the screen would CHECK if the ´wooden_fishing_rod1.toolType´ is "Rod", and then check the ´reelingStrength´, ´reelingSpeed´ and etc.
This was not good because if I were to make an item, like, for example, the lockpick, which after X level opens the doors automatically, I would have to go to the screen and create a new "if" for every new stat or anything I would like to add. In short, a shitty thing.
> So, I decided to rework it, and instead of adding attributes to the ´wooden_fishing_rod1´ directly, I would create a DICT with "stats" inside, ´wooden_fishing_rod1.stats´. Those stats will show how they must be shown in the "Item Details" screen, detailed INSIDE the item, and not outside. This way I could create any stat I want without having to add or remove any if from all the inventory screens that I have on the game.
> So, I decided to, instead of being a screen, make it a CDD, a displayable that would take parameters and work and show based on what I give it for default, and show their stats BASED on the stats they have on ´wooden_fishing_rod1.stats´. <------------ I'M HERE

--------

> After that, I have to put it inside the tinkering screen, the inventory screen, and the shops properly.
> Create the rest: The discover screen (You have to put an undiscovered blueprint, then put the item it requires you to put, in the case above, is 1 Red Carol), the upgrade screen (To upgrade blueprints), then the crafting screen, the repairing screen and that's it. (These is relatively fast)
> After that, add the powers screen (It's already done in Photoshop, so that it would take me a couple of hours)
> Code and make the "Wheel" screen for lockpicking. (Easy, a screen with three buttons)
> Make it work on Shino's door once it's midnight, and she's about to reach level 13.
> Properly test that it works.
> Keep porting Shino level 13 :)

People see small 20%, 10%, and lower percentages on the Trello page; the thing is, once all these initial systems are done, I will start porting events like a beast. And everything will go from 20% to 90% in one day. XD
But yeah, things have to be done first. I hope that explanation was okay to you. I could have missed something or forgotten something. I remember doing other stuff, but yeah, that's it.

Sorry for the grammar; I just wrote it quickly.

Sometimes I think... I would have loved to keep making events and animations of the same poor quality as 2020 and repeating the same routine with casual, nonsensical sexual scenes and a simple gameplay that becomes repetitive after a while.
Welp, 'abandoned' game guys. Let's pack our things and head on out :confused:

doarcutine

Feb 4, 2021
I would have loved to keep making events and animations of the same poor quality as 2020 and repeating the same routine with casual, nonsensical sexual scenes and a simple gameplay that becomes repetitive after a while.
You haven't cracked a code dude, everyone here has tastes and standards just as much as you do. If you think this statement is representative of the early versions of the game, you fail to realize why people liked your game in the first place. Good characters, narrative, scenarios and scenes, that's it.

Most of your peers aren't frauds nor are you any better than them for having artistic integrity or whatever you think you're doing with every stupid thing you add to the game.

and for the record, I don't give a fuck about the long wait between updates. Just stop with this retarded statement.

Reactions: Mythrs and Komisari

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
You haven't cracked a code dude, everyone here has tastes and standards just as much as you do. If you think this statement is representative of the early versions of the game, you fail to realize why people liked your game in the first place. Good characters, narrative, scenarios and scenes, that's it.

Most of your peers aren't frauds nor are you any better than them for having artistic integrity or whatever you think you're doing with every stupid thing you add to the game.

and for the record, I don't give a fuck about the long wait between updates. Just stop with this retarded statement.
For the record, I tried to be ironic xD.
You are completely right, there's a reason HHG is liked that much. I don't think that the "old" content is bad, I just think that the same content, repeatedly and without improvements over the years would have been not something I would like, or others. Maybe I'm wrong, tho.

But also, as a self-critique, that search for improvement led the users to not have content for lots of time.
So yeah...

Last edited:
Reactions: Karnewarrior

GodOfMercy

Sep 25, 2020
i think ones chapter 1 finaly arive people will complain less every one hates waiting more than any thing else xD

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
For the record, I tried to be ironic xD.
You are completely right, there's a reason HHG is liked that much. I don't think that the "old" content is bad, I just think that the same content, repeatedly and without improvements over the years would have been not something I would like, or others. Maybe I'm wrong, tho.

But also, as a self-critique, that search for improvement led the users to not have content for lots of time.
So yeah...
The real question is what about fishing, hm? hmmm??? HMMM???!!

RNGambler

Jul 27, 2021
What I got from reading those pointless walls of text are:

Game Dev = Lazy (literally says it on his discord profile) but puts effort in justifying he's not by typing out essays on the thread instead of working on his game. Also a bit insane and a liar(?).

Newbies, Members = Leeching of a free game > no updates for months-years, gets mad > provokes dev, not very effective.

HHG got tagged abandoned 4 times(was it?) alrdy, ofc the dude is gonna get used to it and won't care anymore as it can always get removed. And there are also like-minded people ramping him up on his discord no wonder he gets all this confidence(and maybe arrogance).

Just my pov, don't @ me :p.

Reactions: Doom Marine

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
I just think that the same content, repeatedly and without improvements over the years would have been not something I would like, or others. Maybe I'm wrong, tho.
I can't speak for yourself, but I do think you're wrong on it not being something other people would like. As stated, the game was popular for a reason in its original form. It's been long enough that I can't remember all the intricate details and how sex scenes were and all that, but I do remember the game had character. Especially for Koikatsu, this game stood way above the average. There's always going to be the people who don't touch this because they don't like sandbox and/or Koikatsu itself, but I think most people would have been happy with another actually solid and consistent harem game to play, which is what this was imo. Nothing would stop you from still making improvements as you went either, as a lot of games tend to do.

The new Shino animation does look really good, and I can only think of 2-3 other Koikatsu games that would match in terms of sex scene animations. But the cost of that has essentially been years of dev hell. The resounding question in my mind is now will all this wait really be worth it, as opposed to the theoretical timeline where a game I enjoyed got consistent content updates. Couldn't tell you which decision would be better, but that's where my thoughts are kind of at as an enjoyer of the original game.

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
So, after reading for a while, I feel like I gotta put my 2 cents in on a few points.

1 - First of all, I think 90%+ of the playerbase would rather have the same quality gameplay and animations than what they're having right now which is nothing at all.

2 - "Improvement" does not justify the state of this game's development. Having a sustainable release schedule and making improvements to the game are not mutually exclusive things. You already have a solid baseline to keep releasing new events in. Whatever new gameplay system/animation/UI improvement you plan on making can be worked on the side until it's ready, and then released gradually, rather than a huge dump with every conceivable change. It's not rocket science, several developers do this.

3 - All these screen transitions and idle animations ultimately are not gonna make up for the lost time. If an update does come out (though I have 0 faith at this point), as good as it may be, it won't live up to the hype. And I don't mean this as a challenge (like an "I dare you to blow me away" kind of thing), I mean it quite literally. There's nothing you can release at this point that will earn back all the good faith you lost.

Last edited:

Bonran991

May 11, 2020
does the android port have different save file route? like for ex: documents/heroesharemguild/game

and not the usual route of android/data/heroesharemguild/gme

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
I get that this is a pirate site, and it doesn't matter, but I, like probably a lot of other people, use this site as a hub to manage the games I'm interested in, and if I see the tag abandoned even once through all the development of the game, that's one dev that is not going to get my support until he shows a few completed games that are good enough for me to forget that he once didn't care enough to keep his folloers informed on what's happening (and I mean in Patreon, what you say in any other site doesn't matter to me, since Patreon is where the billing happens, so there is where you will always reach everyone that is supporting you, there is where news should be posted, and since you charge monthly (I'm assuming here), you should also give info monthly, even if it's useless, at least keep people posted).

That's how I see things, and I'd say it's how a lot of other people see things too, because other posts I've made speaking about it have been well recieved.

hmtot

Aug 26, 2017
Misogyny is contempt towards women. "Xenophobia" is the word.
I want to manually translate the game because I want to do GOOD WORK, not freaking translate everything with a script just because YOU think that's enough for everyone who doesn't know English. The scripts translate the games in a lazy, horrible, and shitty way that is sometimes barely understandable.

I love Argentina and have family and friends here that I love. Politically and economically, the future seems bright. I don't plan to leave.
You keep playing the justice guy, have fun. XD
I believe you're working on the game, and admire your perfectionism. However, you have to understand the point of view of your own playerbase. The only reason people are so mad is because they liked the game - so much that the idea of you leeching off Patreon or abandoning the game makes them frustrated and infuriated. I, as a fan, but also as someone who's really disappointed in the years of promised content but no updates, decided to just wait, but not invest, nor get my hopes up. I kinda get both sides, I see no real villain here, but also no hero.

A real huge issue, from what I've read in all these years of discussions, is that your perfectionism, desire to do everything by yourself and distrust on the competency of other people makes the process of game making extremely slow. I remember offering to work, for free, in translating the game for languages you didn't speak, just out of the fact that I really appreciated the content you had made so far, but got no response.

Please, if not for the sake of your reputation, but respect for all your supporters, consider getting some help and hiring some people to help you out. I might be speaking out of place here, but I believe you've received more than enough monetary compensation for the game to be completed.

anoneemous

Jul 11, 2023
I believe you're working on the game, and admire your perfectionism. However, you have to understand the point of view of your own playerbase. The only reason people are so mad is because they liked the game - so much that the idea of you leeching off Patreon or abandoning the game makes them frustrated and infuriated. I, as a fan, but also as someone who's really disappointed in the years of promised content but no updates, decided to just wait, but not invest, nor get my hopes up. I kinda get both sides, I see no real villain here, but also no hero.

A real huge issue, from what I've read in all these years of discussions, is that your perfectionism, desire to do everything by yourself and distrust on the competency of other people makes the process of game making extremely slow. I remember offering to work, for free, in translating the game for languages you didn't speak, just out of the fact that I really appreciated the content you had made so far, but got no response.

Please, if not for the sake of your reputation, but respect for all your supporters, consider getting some help and hiring some people to help you out. I might be speaking out of place here, but I believe you've received more than enough monetary compensation for the game to be completed.
Thats so true, if i could, and had time, i would translate the game to Portuguese, but komi takes others pain to him, if someone disliked the translation, he would blame himself, and would never let someone translate it, or would just say "sh1t google translation", like, i highly doubt he knows every language, but how could he say that the support of a fan by translating it, is a translation made by google or AI? with the money he got he surely could do it, but instead, he tell people that like the game, to just play other games, if now his image and confidance by the public is bad, its all his fault.

Reactions: hmtot

FacelessVixen

Formerly 'PrincessBitchJean'
Aug 25, 2017
*sees the mustard tag again*

Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me [twice]... You can't get fooled again!

Reactions: Komisari
4.50 star(s) 207 Votes