Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
If this game gets an abandoned tag there's nothing I can do about it, I'm still working on the game and I will still be saying the game is not abandoned and I will keep answering here.

But, if it gets the abandoned tag, I would do anything to remove it, even If I have to show to the mods everything I've done. I have 0 problems with it.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
If this game gets an abandoned tag there's nothing I can do about it, I'm still working on the game and I will still be saying the game is not abandoned and I will keep answering here.

But, if it gets the abandoned tag, I would do anything to remove it, even If I have to show to the mods everything I've done. I have 0 problems with it.
Bluecat posted screenshots of his work on his game as I recall and even when they were posted to the forums the mods didn't care.

The only way to get *around* this rule, (and keep in mind you said anything) would be release a small update. It doesn't have to be too much content. Maybe an event or two. Call it a pre-update update maybe? Well, I'm just throwing out the only option I think will work for you.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Bluecat posted screenshots of his work on his game as I recall and even when they were posted to the forums the mods didn't care.

The only way to get *around* this rule, (and keep in mind you said anything) would be release a small update. It doesn't have to be too much content. Maybe an event or two. Call it a pre-update update maybe? Well, I'm just throwing out the only option I think will work for you.
If I do that I will have a horde of people at the front of my door ready to kill me xD
Not only that, but a lot of people will think this 2 mini-events update is the BIG UPDATE everyone is waiting and to be honest, 90% of the people will hate it.

I'm not talking about posting screenshots, I'm talking about a private chat or something where I show everything on a Livestream or something like that. One of the reasons I'm not showing THAT MUCH stuff is that I want to surprise people, so It won't be public.

But again, if this gets the abandoned tag I can't do more than that, I will keep answering questions here and showing stuff.
I won't deny that it would be horrible to receive the tag because there will be a horde of people coming and basically saying that they knew that it was abandoned, people really believing that it is abandoned and etc. And I deny to deal with those xD

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
If I do that I will have a horde of people at the front of my door ready to kill me xD
Not only that, but a lot of people will think this 2 mini-events update is the BIG UPDATE everyone is waiting and to be honest, 90% of the people will hate it.

I'm not talking about posting screenshots, I'm talking about a private chat or something where I show everything on a Livestream or something like that. One of the reasons I'm not showing THAT MUCH stuff is that I want to surprise people, so It won't be public.

But again, if this gets the abandoned tag I can't do more than that, I will keep answering questions here and showing stuff.
I won't deny that it would be horrible to receive the tag because there will be a horde of people coming and basically saying that they knew that it was abandoned, people really believing that it is abandoned and etc. And I deny to deal with those xD
Is the opposite possible then? Update it with whatever you currently got then patch it a month or so later with what you need to complete?

I guess the only other option I can think of is sending a ticket asking for more time... or asking for the game to have an on-hold tag. But since the game isn't on hold, I don't think they'll let it slide. I'm not sure if privately streaming the majority of the update would convince them, but you miss all the shots you don't take as they say. So definitely try that if you think a release within 20 days is impossible.

Anyway, you at least show up here to talk w/users and have a positive attitude, so I think the storm won't be too harsh. And also, I'd just like to mention I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, I just wanted you to have a heads up.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Is the opposite possible then? Update it with whatever you currently got then patch it a month or so later with what you need to complete?
One of the reasons Chapter 1 is taking so long is that I want it to be a complete "arc", just like the full prologue. And it's not done, that's why. Releasing right now wouldn't make sense, because that would mean I could ha ve just updated at any moment xD

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018

Again, you should reach out to the mods and see if this is going to be an issue or not. You've been posting progress updates, so there is that.

At the very least you'll be able to plan around whatever their answer is.

Reiga711

Jul 30, 2018
How do you level up the affection levels? I used the cheat, and the bar is full, but the level number won't change

Oct 3, 2017
Great game, one of the best on this site if not the best, but daaaamn. 2 years for 1 update (I'm pretty much sure it will hit 2 years mark, I even doubt the update will be released this year xD) with this pace I think even my grandchildren will never see the ending! Sadge

Reactions: sanjizz

Aug 14, 2018
Hey, Komisari ,
awesome game so far. I can't wait for the next chapter and its continuation of the story as well as our favourite bromance! :giggle:

Also, I wanted to ask you if you could kindly tell me how/where you picked up how to use Koikatsu to generate vids/pics for the game. Did you have a tutorial or something similar to help you find a workflow?
Thanks

MishyFam

Feb 27, 2022
Would you guys recommend this game? I noticed this hasn't been updated for a long time. How much content is available at the moment?

dshadowkpr

Feb 17, 2021
Would you guys recommend this game? I noticed this hasn't been updated for a long time. How much content is available at the moment?
A lot of content is available and a lot is supposedly coming, but could be a bit still. Author prefers big content updates, none of that "added 3 scenes and 300 renders" of other games, which is why it takes forever.

MishyFam

Feb 27, 2022
A lot of content is available and a lot is supposedly coming, but could be a bit still. Author prefers big content updates, none of that "added 3 scenes and 300 renders" of other games, which is why it takes forever.
I see, thanks for the response. It's a shame to hear that it takes a while for the updates to come out, but I can appreciate that the author is ambitious enough to put out substantial content for people to enjoy. Anyway, I decided to give this game a try since there seems to be plenty of content already in the game.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Hey, Komisari ,
awesome game so far. I can't wait for the next chapter and its continuation of the story as well as our favourite bromance! :giggle:
Thank you so, so much!

Also, I wanted to ask you if you could kindly tell me how/where you picked up how to use Koikatsu to generate vids/pics for the game. Did you have a tutorial or something similar to help you find a workflow?
Thanks
I would suggest asking in Koikatsu Discord

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
What would the problem with an 'abandoned' tag be, anyways?
It's not like it makes much of a difference. Once the new update is out, it's not abandoned anymore, after all.
I genuinely fail to see the relevance.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
It's not like it makes much of a difference. Once the new update is out, it's not abandoned anymore, after all.
When the abandoned tag gets slammed on, from what I've seen, far fewer people will bother trying out the game, the dev discords go wild, and they lose patrons.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I could cause someone who might enjoy the game to not download it as it currently is, some one may set the thread to ignore or unwatch and so miss the update or removal of the abandoned tag… other problems as well.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Then the fact that this title isn't abandoned, and the dev is still actively developing it shouldn't bother you and there should be no desire for an abandoned tag...........because it's not, and doesn't fit the criteria for the abandoned tag.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes