VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
the developer stripped away from the game eveything that wasn't "politically correct" sex.
Really? The game has, incest, blackmail, cheating, cuckolding, drug addiction, drug dealing, whoring, body modification, gang bangs, corruption, futa, and on and on, I won't call it politically correct at all.

Reactions: DrackDrap

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Really? The game has, incest, blackmail, cheating, cuckolding, drug addiction, drug dealing, whoring, body modification, gang bangs, corruption, futa, and on and on, I won't call it politically correct at all.
Half of what you said is barely there or it hasn't anything to do with what I was saying. What is there was well implemented in like the first 1/5 of the game, I'd say till the retarded part where she becomes the best drugdealer ever for no reason. From there onwards the story is just the MC going from one really stupid and consensual sex event to the other: you don't grow attached to the events, the story or the characters becasue there's barely a story and the characters are totally dull (whereas in the first part the story and the characters were solid).
It was my favourite game by a huge margin, until I realised how bad it was evolving.

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
from erosion games patreon;
Now time for the best part! Your support helps us in a big way, and will go directly to fund the game's development. With your contribution, we can produce more scenes at a higher quality, and share the game with you at a much faster rate.
I believe that the first part of the underlined sentence is true… i dunno how many patreons the need for the second part....
In my opinion you first have to create and evolve it a bit further before you even think about bringing out a soundtrack. But thats my opinion. But still there is a lot of fuzz and anticipation for this game, so we'll have to wait. But i do think that if the next update doesn't meet the expectations that we all expect now the will lose trust and patreons

Reactions: Enyos

Wet

Jan 26, 2018
I mean this game has some of the highest quality renders I've seen. I think it's understandable to wait a little longer for updates. Plus it's not like the dev's have gone missing they have a patreon posts this month. People just need to be patient, renders usually take longer than you'd expect especially if you need to redo some scenes/characters.

Mar 28, 2018
Not sure why so many are complaining as Erosion seem to providing Patrons with weekly updates regarding progress on all aspects of development, ... it will be done when its done as they say ... and judging by the first release I for one am happy to wait until they are ready.

Reactions: Namco15

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I'm getting the game for free anyways but redoing a 5 minutes demo? Launching an OST? So far the game has a cute MC and that is. How many months have passed since the first release?
More than 3, we go for the fourth. Cannot wait to see how much content there's for 3-4 months of support, I doubt it will be worth the wait but I hope to be proved wrong :)

Shadde03

Mar 6, 2017
Not sure why so many are complaining as Erosion seem to providing Patrons with weekly updates regarding progress on all aspects of development, ... it will be done when its done as they say ... and judging by the first release I for one am happy to wait until they are ready.
I'm not at the highest tier of patreon, so some information may have slipped by me but updates are neither weekly nor do they cover all aspects of develoment: their 2 updates in January only mentioned the music, nothing else. Obviously you can guess they are working on 0.2 but them reworking episode 1 is pure speculation, as they have not talked about it in any of their post.

Reactions: Enyos
Mar 28, 2018
Thank you Shadde03 for your prompt and clear response. Unfortunately I can only go on what is visible on their page which is very roughly a slightly less than weekly posting; but my principle point was that they are not silent and they have not stopped development - whatever they are doing - and consequently that we can expect updates when they are ready to release them.

Aug 3, 2017
It was mostly just character pics but yeah they were doing fairly regular posts. Now there's been silence since the 5th so the natives are getting restless

Tanwise

Aug 29, 2017
The reason people are complaining is because patreon bills monthly (depending upon the patreon account) and Dev updates in the form of blog posts get old quickly when people see the savings accounts being slowly depleted with nothing substantial, such as updated demos, to show for it.

What I don't understand is, although there are many worthwhile games and other content on Patreon, why aren't more people complaining about the people behind those Patreon accounts that act in such seemingly shaddy ways.

If it were my money, I'd do what I am doing, wait to see how each update looks, then once game is completed (if it ever is). Then buy the game if it's good enough. So far there's very few game I'd consider pretty close to amazing, the game this thread is about "could" possible be one of those....some day....but at present I'm far too suspicious about it. And at the rate it's going, I might end up forgetting it exists long before it's ever completed.

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to ramble so much. My original point was going to be, to each his or her own. If you want to support the game that's up to you, that's your right, just please keep in mind that everyone has their own mind set. And some people are less trusting and more prone to what you might consider legitate complaining (being critical) than others. ....and yes, I fall into that category.

Ok, I'll stop rambling now.

Mar 28, 2018
Hi Tanwise and thanks for your prompt response. 'Let the buyer beware'. Patrons provide much needed resource to developers. Both usually benefit, but of course there is always risk of both the anticipated and unforeseen varieties. As I see it there is no mandate on the developers to deliver according to any specific prescription, so its more like a 'done when its done' scenario that will depend on the prevailing circumstances. One lesson that each developers has to learn is 'how often do I have to interact with my sponsors to maintain a good/reasonable rapport'. Each will be different, and from my point of view it is always better to err on the side of generosity and have patience and not get too hung up over transitory hick-ups that do not substantially change the critical path of the developers project. With kind regards.

Arden4702

Jul 22, 2017
Hi Tanwise and thanks for your prompt response. 'Let the buyer beware'. Patrons provide much needed resource to developers. Both usually benefit, but of course there is always risk of both the anticipated and unforeseen varieties. As I see it there is no mandate on the developers to deliver according to any specific prescription, so its more like a 'done when its done' scenario that will depend on the prevailing circumstances. One lesson that each developers has to learn is 'how often do I have to interact with my sponsors to maintain a good/reasonable rapport'. Each will be different, and from my point of view it is always better to err on the side of generosity and have patience and not get too hung up over transitory hick-ups that do not substantially change the critical path of the developers project. With kind regards.
Actually there is if you state in the Pateron page anything like a promise example such as bi-monthly updates, even as small as saying weekly status reports and dont deliver the Pateron can receive a refund and your payments can be withheld due to it. I discussed this with Pateron due to one I was a member of stating montly updates and in 3 none, I recieved all my money back and they had to change the page and were no longer on the auto bill.

Mar 28, 2018
Hi Arden4702, and thank you very much for discussing your experience with Patron. Although your post is slightly confusing regarding the details, a statement by the developer to deliver 'whatever' on its own does not constitute a legally binding contract with anybody, and the project would be viewed as 'best endeavors'. Signing up to Patrons rules, however, means that you are obliged to adhere to them, but I do not see how Patron can enforce their rules other than through the compliance of the developers - withholding the money does not ensure delivery of the product but it does cover their legal but as regards to the donors, so the game development it is still effectively a 'best endeavors' scenario.

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
Hmm... 3 1/2 months since the release of episode 1 and no news post in more than 3 weeks.
Patience is a virtue, but I think it would be alarming if episode 2 wasn't released within the next 4 weeks.
Just my trivial thoughts, so no hard feelings (well, how could there be any with so little lewd content yet :giggle:).

Reactions: CoffeeDrinker

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
Hmm... 3 1/2 months since the release of episode 1 and no news post in more than 3 weeks.
Patience is a virtue, but I think it would be alarming if episode 2 wasn't released within the next 4 weeks.
Just my trivial thoughts, so no hard feelings (well, how could there be any with so little lewd content yet :giggle:).
Someone was a good student at Gumdrops University...

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
...Patience is a virtue, but I think it would be alarming if episode 2 wasn't released within the next 4 weeks...
It is kind of surprising, particularly since there were doing such a good job of managing the fanbase's expectations with their updates on Patreon.
Then they hyped a big reveal - which turned out to not be the release date that some of their fans decided it would be and copped some criticism for it.
And now, 3 weeks of radio silence.
Hopefully the team provide some kind of update in the near future.

Arden4702

Jul 22, 2017
Hi Arden4702, and thank you very much for discussing your experience with Patron. Although your post is slightly confusing regarding the details, a statement by the developer to deliver 'whatever' on its own does not constitute a legally binding contract with anybody, and the project would be viewed as 'best endeavors'. Signing up to Patrons rules, however, means that you are obliged to adhere to them, but I do not see how Patron can enforce their rules other than through the compliance of the developers - withholding the money does not ensure delivery of the product but it does cover their legal but as regards to the donors, so the game development it is still effectively a 'best endeavors' scenario.
hate to break it to you but in the US if at anytime you tell a buyer something and dont deliver, if said buyer has proof it could even be seen as fraud if they knowingly mislead or knowingly deceived the buyer. And where your wrong is a statement is a legally binding contract its called a verbal but where it is written the person would even have proof it was stated. I have already recieved back all the money I paid to them for this game.

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes