VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

hyoeun

Oct 6, 2018
With such long long period of total silence, i think it's over bois, the soundtrack might just be a distraction > Find a hobbyist musician, get some tunes from his library, earn a few more months' coins and out. Sad bro, this game has such good quality

I think the problem has to do with the graphic artist, else they could just tease us with few more previews now and then just to keep more supporters/ still hope i was wrong doe lol.

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
I believe they just don't want to give another notice before the update.
You won't see an update ever again. How naive can you be? I heard that if you report something like this to patreon you'll easily get your money back, but that's none of my business :) All i know is that there's a special place in hell for creators who ghost their patrons and still receive monthly payments. On the other hand you must also be really "special" if you still pledge to those scammers

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
Was there any difference in the Elite Edition and does anyone have that one?
Yes... yes I do have the Elite edition... which is even less Elite than the normal edition.

THE GOOD - It says "Elite Edition" on the title screen.

THE BAD - There are no bonus scenes as advertised. There's actually even less than the normal version, because the game crashes if you try and go straight to school.

Also, the elite tier perk of a "monthly" exclusive 4k image we only had for 1 out of 6 months.

So yeah, I'm pretty much done with Elite tier... or any tier full stop if they stay quiet for another month.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Yes... yes I do have the Elite edition... which is even less Elite than the normal edition.

THE GOOD - It says "Elite Edition" on the title screen.

THE BAD - There are no bonus scenes as advertised. There's actually even less than the normal version, because the game crashes if you try and go straight to school.

Also, the elite tier perk of a "monthly" exclusive 4k image we only had for 1 out of 6 months.

So yeah, I'm pretty much done with Elite tier... or any tier full stop if they stay quiet for another month.
It's a shame that as one of the top tiered patrons that you're thinking of going down that path. As one of the defenders of Erosion you've provided us with great info from them and if you do choose to stop your patronage, for that we can't thank you enough.

Unfortunately, as talented as they are, there's no denying that there has been no Patreon update of their game development since the turn of the new year and no game dropped for 4 months. I'm sure that they're working on this when they can and their OST is credit to that but they have not lived up to their bi-monthly releases as they initially said nor clarified that position.

Communication with their patrons is a problem with this team and they need to dig themselves out that hole as soon as they can or they'll easily join the likes of Gumdrop and Aorrta. It's a level they should never aspire to nor should they ever belong in but the proof is in the pudding.

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
It's a shame that as one of the top tiered patrons that you're thinking of going down that path. As one of the defenders of Erosion you've provided us with great info from them and if you do choose to stop your patronage, for that we can't thank you enough.

Unfortunately, as talented as they are, there's no denying that there has been no Patreon update of their game development since the turn of the new year and no game dropped for 4 months. I'm sure that they're working on this when they can and their OST is credit to that but they have not lived up to their bi-monthly releases as they initially said nor clarified that position.

Communication with their patrons is a problem with this team and they need to dig themselves out that hole as soon as they can or they'll easily join the likes of Gumdrop and Aorrta. It's a level they should never aspire to nor should they ever belong in but the proof is in the pudding.
I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt for as long as I could, because the work they've done is fantastic! I bit my tongue through all the checks they wrote with their mouths/keyboards that they never cashed (like the monthly 4k images), but after this period of silence I couldn't justify letting anyones curiosity about the Elite Edition get the better of them.

Of course, if they made a glorious return and gave us the bi-weekly updates they used to give us before episode 1, then I will happily return to being a top level patron too.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Maybe it's unfair to assume on my part, but when I see a patreon with barely any public posts, that already makes me think of someone desperate to cash-in.

Most devs I see as being dedicated to their game and not just the money they get, have quite a lot of public posts.

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
Yeah, there's definitely something fishy here.

If these guys were really still working on the game, they would be proudly showing some previews of their work from time to time, but no - radio silence for already more than six weeks now.

At this point I would just like to know: What happened to this project - did they lose interest, fall out with each other or is it simply good old real life issues (work, studies)?

Whatever it is - it's been too long already without giving notice.

Maybe it's too early, but I leave my R.I.P. here - or should I say R.I.V. (rest in virginity)?

Last edited:
Reactions: blackfeather

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Probably one key member left and the guy who is taking the money decided to keep milking (scamming) the patrons as much as he could. If they'll ever return it will be with little content, watch and see.

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes