VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Let's hope some competent dev makes a game with the MC model this game seems to be dead.

Reactions: Namco15
Oct 29, 2016
Eeeerrmmm i am reading many many posts of troubled guys saying that this may be a scam.
IF this is the case i will be deeply dissappointed as this game had amazingly good looking models, renders and i really liked it.

I just wish that the devs are OK and will continue OR at least make a post saying that they are abandoning , because if they are just milking then well HELL AWAITS.

Gabriel0316

Sep 13, 2018
If it's abandoned ( as it seems so far ) the dev will not make any post untill he/she'll drain the last $ from the last patron, after that probably the patreon page will be shut down and bye bye. It's not the first or the last scammer in this area :)

Afterall I still belive there's hope and the project will continue...but wtf, am I the last dreamer alive ? :D

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Damn I really hope this will go on at some point. I mean the dev of Reincarnotica had some RL issues as well and was gone for months. And I still pledged my 20bucks every month. And I was really happy when he came back. But he also made way less money than they do. So yeah we will see what happens here.

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
Eeeerrmmm i am reading many many posts of troubled guys saying that this may be a scam.
IF this is the case i will be deeply dissappointed as this game had amazingly good looking models, renders and i really liked it.

I just wish that the devs are OK and will continue OR at least make a post saying that they are abandoning , because if they are just milking then well HELL AWAITS.
I don't think they were scamming at all - at least in the beginning- I think at one point they legit loved and believed in what they were creating, and really wanted to turn Erosion into a fully fledged game studio. Maybe they still do, who knows? But the fact is, after the first episode was released, they took their foot off the throttle big time. The updates were nowhere near as frequent, and although the updated Aggie, Izzy and Anne were super impressive, they had almost next to nothing to say regarding Episode 2, which made me suspicious that maybe they were losing their nerve when it came to tackling the logistical nightmare of the complex paths in future eps.

Now though, if they're knowingly receiving money from people for a project they know they're not working on, then yes they are scamming, no 2 ways about it.

Worthy of note is the fact that Erosion was a 3 person team made up of "Rob, Meghan and Chris", but in the updated text in "About Us" there is no mention of Rob, who seemed to be the one in charge of the rendering.

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Came back to see where this one is going, but I'm gonna have to give up :(
Shame really, because this one was very promising.

Like someone said earlier: there is a special place in hell for patreon ghosters. I really hope patreon will shut down these accounts.

Reactions: BonusDuck

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I have a weird dejavu. It happened too many times. Not just abandoning games and such (that happens life sucks sure), but doing things like this. It always take the best from us. Recently some devs quit making THIS kind of games (that has no shitty tags that most of FemaleProt games have) in hope for the better. Or worse.

It's weird. :unsure:

Like someone said earlier: there is a special place in hell for patreon ghosters. I really hope patreon will shut down these accounts.
Looks like Dante's vision of hell just had an upgrade :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Aug 3, 2017
Worthy of note is the fact that Erosion was a 3 person team made up of "Rob, Meghan and Chris", but in the updated text in "About Us" there is no mention of Rob, who seemed to be the one in charge of the rendering.
Ahhhh shit, that would explain it. The ol' "most essential member of the team drops out"-arooney. Well, I'll probably drop off as a patron this month then. Since the only release came in 2018, I am counting this as a 2018 death

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
The ol' "most essential member of the team drops out"-arooney.
Not necessarily.
Personally, I value writing skills (story, dialogue) more than visuals, but I'm aware for many people it's the other way round.
Of course it's even better if both go together well like in High Life.
It would still be a major blow, especially if he was the only one with rendering skills in the team.
But however big the blow - it's still no reason to go all "crickets & tumbleweeds".

Last edited:
Reactions: BonusDuck
4.70 star(s) 26 Votes