VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I've seen many games with much longer periods of silence so I still have my hope. Among games with female protag this one looked the most professional and had some sick potential. It reached 1k on Patreon after 1 update which makes it easily the top tier material. If it's trully lost then it's a huge bummer and it's just sad. For now I just hope their issues will be fixed and they will be back cuz putting our dicks aside there is some decent money for them to grab.

Aug 3, 2017
Not necessarily.
Personally I value writing skills (story, dialogue) more than visuals, but I'm aware for many people it's the other way round.
Of course it's even better if both go together well like in High Life.
Oh I mostly agree, past a certain point I'd prefer good writing to good art (and High Life was the rare project that had both).

BUT for a visual novel like this, if you don't have an artist you're dead in the water. Anyone can write, obviously not everyone can write well or even adequately, but if you're literate you can make a plot and write dialogue. So the writers dropping out would be a huge blow but not as crippling to the project as losing the artist.

If that is indeed what happened! The only thing to really do now is wait and see

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
I'd be more than happy if this game will be take over by another dev or team, like dr pink cake or anyone else who is honest and respect the patrons
Nah, wouldn't be the same. We liked the game because Team Erosion made it, in fact they came together to make it because there wasn't another game out there like it.

If another team got its hands on High Life, everyone would look like playstation characters, Eleanor would end up in the usual cheesy, implausible scenarios we've come to expect from these games i.e. blackmail and sucking cock for grades, without a moment of character development.

I'm afraid if they have fucked it off, High Life dies with them.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I'd be more than happy if this game will be take over by another dev or team, like dr pink cake or anyone else who is honest and respect the patrons
Nah, wouldn't be the same. We liked the game because Team Erosion made it, in fact they came together to make it because there wasn't another game out there like it.

If another team got its hands on High Life, everyone would look like playstation characters, Eleanor would end up in the usual cheesy, implausible scenarios we've come to expect from these games i.e. blackmail and sucking cock for grades, without a moment of character development.

Just to add to this that it's also the fact the team's English and already has some UK references that Dr Pink and other Americans might not be able to capture in the same way Team Erosion can. Not saying that Dr Pink and others can't (Because Dr Pink's pretty good), it's just different when the team draws on their experiences from the country they're living in. Explaining those parts of the story would be much easier for Team Erosion or other dev's who've lived in the UK than a non-UK based dev/dev team.

It'd be a shame if Rob really did leave but let's all hope that they do come back and communicate something quickly to let their patrons know what's going on.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017

Sadly, very true.

Was the female team member responsible for the writing and the dialogue? That alone will make it very difficult for any of the mentioned devs to replicate.

Blue Kecleon

Jul 19, 2018
If it indeed is a matter of someone leaving team, I hope they can find someone with similar perspective to continue the work. It can't be that hard overall, can it?

Reactions: BonusDuck

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
If it indeed is a matter of someone leaving team, I hope they can find someone with similar perspective to continue the work. It can't be that hard overall, can it?
Every artist has their own style as far as angles, lighting, focus, and poses. I know my renders wouldn't turn out the same as most others. It could also be difficult to find a local that shares the vision and has the tools necessary for the project. I certainly hope they find someone, but was worried from the beginning that the script may have become too complex with so many variables stacking up in just the first episode.

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Well rip this one, one of many that(probably) died early on with good premise.

I feel like this game would get a shitton of patreon supporters after few regular updates and the same quality.
In my opinion they overdid it and instead of going more slowly with their first game they wanted to go all in after 1 update and now we have this situation.

Reactions: Enyos

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
might wanna start thinking of putting a abandon tag on this :( why all the good renders and a story games going abandoned but shitty ones staying no hope any more.

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
I thought the soundtrack was pretty great to be fair! I wonder if they'd still be here had the soundtrack not been met with such a hostile reception.
Well. In my humble opinion its a bold move to release a game soundtrack after 2 months having completed well what 5% of the game? I'm deffinately not waiting for a soundtrack that early on, first complete some more of the game. And i think the majoity thinks the same about this. if they were offended by the critics, well then they had to think to themselves why that was.
i know thats always a designers choise i guess and till then the always provided us with some updates, but i think it was the wrong update at the wrong time.

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
For me the biggest problem is the lack of communication - you don't want to do that.. If there are problems, communicate with your followers/patrons because if they cancel this project, group will break i think that at least one of them will want to create a new game but who will believe them at this point?

Of course it's easy to change the name and AVN market is easy to milk/lie to, so maybe im wrong and people will believe again right of the bat.

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes