3.60 star(s) 14 Votes

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Hello everyone!

It's Peter with great news!

New writer!
Work with new writer goes smooth! First event was finished, and I like it from top to the bottom! I hope, that You will like those scenes too! 2-nd scene is on development at the moment.

New maps
I've reworked all my previous works on Monocle maps completely. I didn't liked them.
Here's a 1-st Floor:

It's still WIP, but at least I'm satisfied with them, and now. Shadows and lighting was finished Yesterday!

Optimization
I've spend a lot of time on trying to get maximum performance, but this engine is too damn hard done, not a lot that is possible to change. My best suggestion is resolution(we use 1920*1080), but since we use very high detailed pictures - it will be bad idea to reduce it's size. I've tried to use few optimizations, but it's still gives different results.
To use this engine wasn't very good idea after all, but to redo this project right now - it's like to do it again from blank page, and I'll loose my mind to it all again.)
But in this version I'll use as much possibilities as possible, and test will show how it will goes.

Corruption core
Work here is progressing here slowly, a lot of things and ideas to make, present and balance, since we lost 2 month of work - now I'm trying to do it in shorter period of time. The question is - how it will look like. I'm consulting with UI developers to get best look for this idea.

Art
Since some part of writing is done - we know what illustrations we want to put there, and work on that already started.
Here's her uniform for job in this club:

We still working on edges, and details. but I thought, that You would like to see the idea!

For now it all what I can tell. I'm happy, that was able to solve those problem.

P.S.
Should I make a discord channel where I will make more regular but less informative posts with update?

With love
Peter

--------------

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
The way RPGM draws graphics is weird and the extra screen size costs a lot of extra performance.
1600x900 or 1280x720 performs a lot better.
Custom UI when pressing ESC performs badly, something wrong is going on.
Updating nw.js and Pixi don't help much, but worth considering.
Discord is a must for game development t connect with players. :)

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
The way RPGM draws graphics is weird and the extra screen size costs a lot of extra performance.
1600x900 or 1280x720 performs a lot better.
Custom UI when pressing ESC performs badly, something wrong is going on.
Updating nw.js and Pixi don't help much, but worth considering.
Discord is a must for game development t connect with players. :)
I'll update nw.js to latest in this release.
Update of PIXI lead to crush of plugins, sow e can't do this. (but if to reject using plugins - it increase performance to stable 60 FPS)

Haven't seen issue with custom UI, since we already pre-cache all needed files at run.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I'll update nw.js to latest in this release.
Update of PIXI lead to crush of plugins, sow e can't do this. (but if to reject using plugins - it increase performance to stable 60 FPS)

Haven't seen issue with custom UI, since we already pre-cache all needed files at run.
The latest NW probably will not work as it was changed a lot and the code will not work with RPGM. Try older ~v44 or below x32 build.
Same for Pixi. Not all versions are compatible, you need to find the right one. But I already tried this for your game and it didn't show a significant improvement.
As for UI (esc menu), fps on my laptop drops from ~44 to 30 when accessing it. And it loads very slowly.

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
Thanks for the status update Peter. Your game is one that I not only find enjoyable, but also has unique features you don't see in other RPGM or Ren'py games so common nowadays. In addition it has a sense of style and "soul" that many games can miss. So I truly enjoy it and look forward to each update.

The time between releases doesn't bother me too much. We have plenty of other games here to fill the time between releases, and some of them are pretty darn good too. Quality takes time. And when you have to do something as a side project to your daily job, you can only afford so much time to work on it. I know this all too well. So keep on making a good game, and I sincerely hope you can enjoy the creation process as much as we enjoy your game.

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
The latest NW probably will not work as it was changed a lot and the code will not work with RPGM. Try older ~v44 or below x32 build.
Same for Pixi. Not all versions are compatible, you need to find the right one. But I already tried this for your game and it didn't show a significant improvement.
As for UI (esc menu), fps on my laptop drops from ~44 to 30 when accessing it. And it loads very slowly.
I also redone few features, so fewer parallel processes in use, so it should also help. What exactly did You tried?

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I also redone few features, so fewer parallel processes in use, so it should also help. What exactly did You tried?
438732_ZmOdmqc.png

Overall the performance is what you would expect from FHD 1080p RPGM mv. Can't do much about that.

sanlaw91

Sep 30, 2019
while there are a couple of games that I like playing there are even fewer that I truly look forward to seeing updates on, and High Pressure is one of them. I was always a believer in Quality over Quantity and High Pressure is a game of Quality. I enjoy the emersion that the game creates. so keep up the good work and thank you for making this game and letting us know what's going on.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PeterSnayde

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
May i ask how much oufit/clother she can change until now sir?
In the most recent version posted here there's really only 2 outfits, and one is basically just a shorter skirt for waitressing. You can adjust the amount her blouse is buttoned and remove some accessories, like her hat though.

Reactions: medassin

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
any sex or lewd scenes in this game?
As I remember, this game has somewhat limited lewd content at this time.

I remember for sure a scene where the MC is spied upon while changing for bed and the ability to dress or undress the MC with nudity being available. It has been a few months since I last played it, so their might be more lewd content - but not much more. EDIT - There was some suggestive behavior while working as a waitress as well.

But the story is very good and is definitely setting the stage for more NSFW content in the future.

• Red Heart
Reactions: gonnakms

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
seems glitchy, i'm just at the start and walked past the thugs in the alley and none of their dialogue was visible, it was just a black screen under their name.

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes