3.60 star(s) 14 Votes

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
And to bring this thread back to topic. That is something I would like to see continued in High Pressure. The option to choose as deviant a lifestyle as the player likes, as well as what kind of perversions the MC participates in. As I mentioned I tend to automatically go towards purity path options in a game when available, but exibitionism, accidental exposures, opportunistic voyeurs, and if an event seems to be something the character would voluntarily choose without coersion tend to all be fairly fair game as well. For example I could see the MC developing an physical and/or emotional interest in the weapon smith, so would have little trouble choosing a progression of "corrupting" or otherwise erotic events for the MC. But I typically try to avoid walking down the alley full of half naked thugs with erections (both in real life and in the game LOL).

But I'm not the games entire audience, so letting the character skip down Broken Hymen Highway with all those interesting looking locals should be an option too.

At least that is my opinion and desire.

NoEstoyImportante

Jan 18, 2021
Have you tried the old ScaleGarden rpgs? Like Breath of Iron and Fire ( RJ052839 )? Their games typically allow a lot of abuse of the MC and were always pretty high quality with lots of good gameplay and interesting scenes. As a matter of fact I usually couldn't finish them because my default game style typically runs purity path and that just isn't an option in most of these games - sooner or later the story mandates a fair amount of abuse of the MC.
That's a problem I've run into with quite a few games on this site; most either rape / force sex upon you from the start, or force you later on to do something drastic to continue the story. A few hidden gems where that isn't the case though, mostly in the middle of the archives, about a year or so old.

• Sad
Reactions: PeterSnayde

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
And to bring this thread back to topic. That is something I would like to see continued in High Pressure. The option to choose as deviant a lifestyle as the player likes, as well as what kind of perversions the MC participates in. As I mentioned I tend to automatically go towards purity path options in a game when available, but exibitionism, accidental exposures, opportunistic voyeurs, and if an event seems to be something the character would voluntarily choose without coersion tend to all be fairly fair game as well. For example I could see the MC developing an physical and/or emotional interest in the weapon smith, so would have little trouble choosing a progression of "corrupting" or otherwise erotic events for the MC. But I typically try to avoid walking down the alley full of half naked thugs with erections (both in real life and in the game LOL).

But I'm not the games entire audience, so letting the character skip down Broken Hymen Highway with all those interesting looking locals should be an option too.

At least that is my opinion and desire.
Deviant life-style will be an option, as I promised a lot of times.)

About romances/lovers and corruption - I want to make it balanced and logical. If player chose to turn Adelina into a whore - don't expect, that it won't be noticed. And every story will has their own conclusion.

I like all those ideas, and want to implement them.

That's a problem I've run into with quite a few games on this site; most either rape / force sex upon you from the start, or force you later on to do something drastic to continue the story. A few hidden gems where that isn't the case though, mostly in the middle of the archives, about a year or so old.
That's true and sad for me too.(

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Hello everyone!

It's Peter.

I've thought a lot about reality and aiming scale of this update, and analyzed my mistakes with help of some of our supporters and other developers. All this time I failed to do what I want, and forced to do what is possible to be done in current situation. That made me very sad often, since output was also not big as I expected. Sometimes to calm my nerves I was forced to take few glasses of something strong (I'm not recommended this method to anyone). But thanks to some people - I was able to see what's wrong... it's my overconfidence. I made same mistake for too long - I want to make big updates, with a lot of content and fast... but then reality of budget hit me like a truck, but instead of find a solution - I tried to fight with this. That was very dumb and self-destructive strategy.

Then Yesterday with help of Burneracc and Maelion I saw those problems, and possible solution:
I'll make releases more frequent, but with smaller portions of content.
Working with more than 20k words from 5 separate scene branching is very exhausting. It's hard to focus on all of them without losing quality, since all of them require a lot of time and money to produce.

Fast Q&A:

- What it will mean exactly?
At first I planned to make 5 clients. Instead we will make 2 for this update.
- But why?
The answer is - focus. Spreading attention to 5 separate constructs - I saw, that I'm loosing focus, and sometimes we forgot about make in good, which is not how you all, my dear patrons and followers will want it to be.

- And what else You decided to cut?
Nothing. All those scenes will receive planned illustrations, and more than I planned to do at first.

- Will those events will shorter too?
On the contrary! Thanks less quantity of scenes we will be able to work more on those 2 events and increase their quality.

- So instead of 5 we will get only 2, and other content will be thrown to trashcan?
No. Those clients will be released in next updates. We want to give them more attention to create desirable and interesting events with them. This require a lot of time, efforts and money.
Usually income from project is major obstacle to make both quality and quantity of content. And long wait between our updates, and it's small amount of content - not help this project to increase support, which creates this hellish loop.

- What about other sides of project?
You promised us a lot of content and interesting game!

That's why now I need to make smaller and frequent updates. All other content (with story expansion, branches, strategy module, rebellion, etc) require even more money and efforts, and trying to make it now - will lead to very low quality of content.
For example:
Just to make good detailed map of Island with cities, and districts for 2-nd stage o game will require more money than we can get in half year with current income. If to do it cheaper - it will have trashy look too. I checked a lot of artists, who can make desirable maps, and they are not cheap, especially since we need more than 1 map.

- So those 2 client will be completed, and new clients will be whole new content, right?

No. We will increase amount of content in time even more. We will rework stuff that You, my dear supporters won't like, and will listen to what you want. It may give us great ideas. Also since right now it will be only demonstration of "reaction system" - it will expanded in time, which will open new possibilities for existing events.

- I don't want to support You, I don't like this approach!
Can't blame You for having such thoughts. I made many mistakes in past. Too many... but I'm trying to learn on my mistakes, and develop solutions. I'm too tired to be sad and angry from not being able achieve milestones and goals in time.

I hope You will understand such decision. If You have more questions - just ask.

With Love
Peter

--------

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Hello everyone!

It's Peter with info about current state of a project.

From time-to-time I'm making small updates on our "wip" channel in Discord, but to make some summarize post is also important, since not all of you, folks, have Discord and our server there.)
What's done:
1. We fully finished 1 scene (little more than 4k words count) with all branches, which isn't easy.
It may looks small, but we started to do all 5 scenes from start, and basic scenes are ready(it was more than 20k of words).
2. Colorless images for scenes are finished with all needed angles.
What we working on currently:
1. Reactions for 2-nd scene.
2. Right now TAO works on colors for existing image.
3. Texts for "Reaction system" (once we'll finish that - I'll start to implement them in game).
What else:
Probably there will be more pictures since some of reactions lead to interesting branches of scene where I see place for more illustrations.
I still wasn't able to find UI designer for affordable money. So current appearance of new UI won't be it's final version. + I want to spend more from budget on illustrations and hot reactions, so You can enjoy it properly.
For now it's all.

With Love
Peter

---------

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
oh i thought this game is gone
with barely anything decent I'd say it is gone. despite what the author says
Can't blame You for having such thoughts. Unfortunately with this budget I can't do too much or abandon main job to do more, and with my income I can't invest too much money to speed-up things. All what I can say - Please wait, I'm doing my best.

Hentai_Lover00

Apr 28, 2018
Can't blame You for having such thoughts. Unfortunately with this budget I can't do too much or abandon main job to do more, and with my income I can't invest too much money to speed-up things. All what I can say - Please wait, I'm doing my best.
Thats fine. just start it when you think its best, art style is good its best to wait than leaving the game in middle of development

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Unfortunately for some people "doing the best" isn't enough.
Fortunately not everyone is that kind of people.
That's fine. Things went bad from very start, when 1-st Artist left project due to personal reasons, and then 2-nd artist. and 3 writers. So instead of stable development process I've spend a lot of time in search for proper artist & writer. People may think, that I do nothing, which is understandable by me, since in half year I was able to make only 1 update. There was reasons for that, and those who read our update posts can imagine.
As for me - I will be more than happy to abandon my primary job, which I really hate a lot, and make update of "Hight Pressure" every month with hundreds pictures and hours of gameplay... BUT in current situation its not possible.(

Thats fine. just start it when you think its best, art style is good its best to wait than leaving the game in middle of development
I Won't leave this project. I had such thoughts in this year, due to very bad situation with former writer, which made really upset, but I found a solution and slowly working on this update.(
As You I do want to enjoy good games, and know how it feels, when developer abandon good project.

shadow415

Oct 14, 2019
I Won't leave this project. I had such thoughts in this year, due to very bad situation with former writer, which made really upset, but I found a solution and slowly working on this update.(
As You I do want to enjoy good games, and know how it feels, when developer abandon good project.
Well we know from other titles that if you make consistent substantial updates people will be interested even if those updates are only once in six months or some even once a year. You had a very bad start but that doesn't mean you can't bounce back. The fact that people still comment on this thread show there is interest. If you manage to deliver more and more people will flock to it.

• Red Heart

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
It will arrive, but Peter suffers of a serious lack of manpower and the planned update was more complex that he thought, so we have to await; anyway I think most of you will be very satisfied by what he will release.

• Red Heart

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
Thanks for the update Peter! Don't worry those icons look fine and appear to be perfectly functional. I'm sure it would be nice to have custom icons for each, but since that isn't your specialty it probably isn't worth your time to do so when these will work fine. If a UI designer becomes available for a reasonable price you can always replace them.

This reaction system looks even more complicated than I was anticipating. I can understand how large of an undertaking it would be to implement it.

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes