3.60 star(s) 14 Votes

Buford49

Mar 21, 2019
Very promising game. Love the setting and the MC art.

I'm hoping that there's a decent amount of reluctant sex/humiliation with enemies well below the MC's social rank.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
PterSnayde, as mentioned above, I really like the potential for this game. For the story, I had some thoughts.

William Faulkner observed that “The only thing worth writing about is the human heart in conflict with itself” and I think this applies as much to games as to novels and short stories. 99% of the games on this site don't even try to do that, because they don't really have characters, just situations. I think that your game could be part of that rare and wonderful 1%, because you have set it up to show a definite POV and are showing the world as an uncertain place as seen through that POV.

So what is the "conflict" that Adelina faces? IMO, it should be what to do with the secrets she uncovers. The quest/mission basis should be, at least for main quests, to uncover secrets. When she has them (which can be abstracted to "secrets points" or, more preferably, be spelled out) the conflict is between publishing them (and thus getting a leg up on her competition) or using them to pry out more secrets, either by giving them to the opposition or by agreeing not to reveal them. In essence, then, this would be a game of uncovering secrets (though with many side-quests unrelated to the newspaper business and the acquisition of secrets).

No, my concept of secrets isn’t that they will be massive things like when the next offensive will take place, or what is the cipher used to communicate with the capital, but rather the embarrassing or mildly useful things like
  • The colonel’s daughter gets drunk in the taverns,or
  • The blacksmith of Shepherdstown is secretly supplying weapons to the rebels, or
  • The town’s gate guards are taking bribes to allow liquor to be smuggled in, or
  • The soldiers in the last raid on Billingsgate took liberties when searching the women suspected of supporting the rebels.
Items that would make good news stories, would be useful propaganda for the other side, or which the owning side wouldn’t want to get out. As I said, these could be abstracted to "secrets points" or explicitly spelled out as in the examples above.

Explicit secrets would be “owned” be either the rebels or the imperials. They would have equal value to both sides. Adelina can hang on to them, or trade them as favors to one side or the other, or publish them. If totally abstracted, "ownership" of secrets could presumably be skipped.

Now, the “heart at war with itself” part comes from the fact that, ultimately, Adelina cares most about winning the competition and becoming the new publisher of her paper. That will allow her to “speak truth to power” right there in the capital, and so have much more influence and effect on the future than anything that she could do in this small imperial backwater. However, that is an abstract concept and the concrete fact is that she is there in the backwater, seeing first-hand what is happening. She is emotionally attached to her immediate situation, while the newspaper contest is an intellectual attachment.

A variable that should be added, I think, is Adelina’s “standing” with the Imperials and rebels. She can improve standing by either promising to keep a secret that “belongs” to this side (thus removing it from her store of “secrets”), by revealing a secret that “belongs” to the other side (also removing it from further use), and by actions in the various quests. Standing can go down if she engages in “conduct unbecoming a lady and gentlewoman” (i.e. naughty stuff) but this should be rare and along the lines of “somebody blabbed” so as not to unduly discourage such behavior. If she gets access to a secret by such means and someone blabs, it’s a wash (since the secret will restore the standing lost by her behavior). If she engages in such behavior for cash then she could lose standing with no secret to offset the loss.

“Standing” should also heavily influence who is willing, on each side, to talk to Adelina as a newspaperwoman and, perhaps inadvertently, reveal a new secret. Adelina should be able to gain secrets by “putting two and two together” by talking to multiple people, none of whom explicitly reveal anything. This could be quite abstracted; perhaps she gains a new secret every time she talks to three people of different ranks in one of the two factions. High-level people might be willing, if Adelina has a high standing, to reveal “a secret for a secret,” meaning that they give her a quest clue in return for Adelina promising not to reveal a secret of their side that she possesses. The overall idea is that Adelina gets to do more with a faction if she has a high standing with that faction, and do more if she has secrets to trade. She can have a high standing with both factions (the “honest but impartial observer” role).

Standing plus affinity should influence her mood. The game already has a mood stat. I would propose that, among the other factors, it be heavily influenced by her standing + affinity for the side she has the highest affinity to. She wants to be most esteemed by the side she has the most affinity to. In essence, this is the local half of the “human heart at war with itself.” She intellectually knows that what is really important in the long run is getting the story (secrets) and telling it in the capital so that she wins the contest, but emotionally she wants the people around her now to like and admire her. She should have affinity to only one faction, if any affinity at all. She can eschew affinity and try to remain impartial, but this will leave her in a lower mood, because then she’s just “doing a job” and not “making a difference.”

I think that Adelina should be required to publish some secret in the capital every so often (every two weeks? every month?) to “keep her in the news” because that would help propel her to take chances in order to gain more secrets. Plus, it fits the overall storyline well, as it reinforces that she is there for a higher purpose.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts on the topic. Take them, leave them, modify them, leave some and take others, at your discretion. If you have any questions, ask here.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
A very interesting contribution with many good approaches. In the end, it comes down to the fact that the game is an adventure role-playing game with sexual content and no sex game with some content around it. Personally, I would welcome the first, but now I can already imagine the great Mimimi, which will fill this thread here, if it is not sold from the outset so synonymous.

Together with you I could imagine a good dissiscussion round on Discord, to elaborate these ideas further.

Reactions: PeterSnayde

mr_bad_boy

Dec 16, 2018
someone help...

in the sewer mission (sewer 5 probably) if i let the guy go instead of fighting him, one of my teammates come and then nothing happens. i have no control over the main character, pressing any button does not do anything. it seems the game just freezes there. i think the main character is blocking the path of the incoming teammate and this prevents the next scene/dialogue from triggering.

i am just stuck there because the other option is fighting that guy and i cannot win that battle either. i have two stimulants. can anyone tell me the exact steps to win that fight?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
A very interesting contribution with many good approaches. In the end, it comes down to the fact that the game is an adventure role-playing game with sexual content and no sex game with some content around it. Personally, I would welcome the first, but now I can already imagine the great Mimimi, which will fill this thread here, if it is not sold from the outset so synonymous.

Together with you I could imagine a good dissiscussion round on Discord, to elaborate these ideas further.
I appreciate the thought, but I have found Discord to be a poor place to elaborate on ideas, because discussions get overwhelmed by other discussions and it becomes impossible to follow the thread of any conversation. I think a discussion board like this one is a better design for multi-message discussions. Would you care to discuss this here?

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
PterSnayde, as mentioned above, I really like the potential for this game. For the story, I had some thoughts.

William Faulkner observed that “The only thing worth writing about is the human heart in conflict with itself” and I think this applies as much to games as to novels and short stories. 99% of the games on this site don't even try to do that, because they don't really have characters, just situations. I think that your game could be part of that rare and wonderful 1%, because you have set it up to show a definite POV and are showing the world as an uncertain place as seen through that POV.

So what is the "conflict" that Adelina faces? IMO, it should be what to do with the secrets she uncovers. The quest/mission basis should be, at least for main quests, to uncover secrets. When she has them (which can be abstracted to "secrets points" or, more preferably, be spelled out) the conflict is between publishing them (and thus getting a leg up on her competition) or using them to pry out more secrets, either by giving them to the opposition or by agreeing not to reveal them. In essence, then, this would be a game of uncovering secrets (though with many side-quests unrelated to the newspaper business and the acquisition of secrets).

No, my concept of secrets isn’t that they will be massive things like when the next offensive will take place, or what is the cipher used to communicate with the capital, but rather the embarrassing or mildly useful things like
  • The colonel’s daughter gets drunk in the taverns,or
  • The blacksmith of Shepherdstown is secretly supplying weapons to the rebels, or
  • The town’s gate guards are taking bribes to allow liquor to be smuggled in, or
  • The soldiers in the last raid on Billingsgate took liberties when searching the women suspected of supporting the rebels.
Items that would make good news stories, would be useful propaganda for the other side, or which the owning side wouldn’t want to get out. As I said, these could be abstracted to "secrets points" or explicitly spelled out as in the examples above.

Explicit secrets would be “owned” be either the rebels or the imperials. They would have equal value to both sides. Adelina can hang on to them, or trade them as favors to one side or the other, or publish them. If totally abstracted, "ownership" of secrets could presumably be skipped.

Now, the “heart at war with itself” part comes from the fact that, ultimately, Adelina cares most about winning the competition and becoming the new publisher of her paper. That will allow her to “speak truth to power” right there in the capital, and so have much more influence and effect on the future than anything that she could do in this small imperial backwater. However, that is an abstract concept and the concrete fact is that she is there in the backwater, seeing first-hand what is happening. She is emotionally attached to her immediate situation, while the newspaper contest is an intellectual attachment.

A variable that should be added, I think, is Adelina’s “standing” with the Imperials and rebels. She can improve standing by either promising to keep a secret that “belongs” to this side (thus removing it from her store of “secrets”), by revealing a secret that “belongs” to the other side (also removing it from further use), and by actions in the various quests. Standing can go down if she engages in “conduct unbecoming a lady and gentlewoman” (i.e. naughty stuff) but this should be rare and along the lines of “somebody blabbed” so as not to unduly discourage such behavior. If she gets access to a secret by such means and someone blabs, it’s a wash (since the secret will restore the standing lost by her behavior). If she engages in such behavior for cash then she could lose standing with no secret to offset the loss.

“Standing” should also heavily influence who is willing, on each side, to talk to Adelina as a newspaperwoman and, perhaps inadvertently, reveal a new secret. Adelina should be able to gain secrets by “putting two and two together” by talking to multiple people, none of whom explicitly reveal anything. This could be quite abstracted; perhaps she gains a new secret every time she talks to three people of different ranks in one of the two factions. High-level people might be willing, if Adelina has a high standing, to reveal “a secret for a secret,” meaning that they give her a quest clue in return for Adelina promising not to reveal a secret of their side that she possesses. The overall idea is that Adelina gets to do more with a faction if she has a high standing with that faction, and do more if she has secrets to trade. She can have a high standing with both factions (the “honest but impartial observer” role).

Standing plus affinity should influence her mood. The game already has a mood stat. I would propose that, among the other factors, it be heavily influenced by her standing + affinity for the side she has the highest affinity to. She wants to be most esteemed by the side she has the most affinity to. In essence, this is the local half of the “human heart at war with itself.” She intellectually knows that what is really important in the long run is getting the story (secrets) and telling it in the capital so that she wins the contest, but emotionally she wants the people around her now to like and admire her. She should have affinity to only one faction, if any affinity at all. She can eschew affinity and try to remain impartial, but this will leave her in a lower mood, because then she’s just “doing a job” and not “making a difference.”

I think that Adelina should be required to publish some secret in the capital every so often (every two weeks? every month?) to “keep her in the news” because that would help propel her to take chances in order to gain more secrets. Plus, it fits the overall storyline well, as it reinforces that she is there for a higher purpose.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts on the topic. Take them, leave them, modify them, leave some and take others, at your discretion. If you have any questions, ask here.

I'll definitely take some of your ideas! I have some ideas about story development, and those ideas will only makes it better! It gave me a lot of mind food! Thank you a lot! Sorry for short answer, but I'm in middle of rewriting some stuff.(
I want to make good and versatile story with a lot of ways to replay it, and not get the same outcome every time, and also I want to make 18+ content to looks very natural, hot, in big quantity but "in right place and in right time". To make it right we need only time and your support. Feel free to share Your ideas with me - I feel like some of them will help me to build this game better! Thank You a lot for such impact, I'll try my best!

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Hi all! Please check our new version! It still contain bugs(since some plugins is under review by their developers), but Most of report issues should be solved in this version.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Works fine for me.
Game has encountered a bug. Please report it.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'blendModes' of undefined

at Function.Graphics._createRenderer (KhasUltraLighting.js:560:28)
at Function.Graphics._createAllElements (rpg_core.js:2339:10)
at Function.Graphics.initialize (rpg_core.js:1769:10)
at Function.SceneManager.initGraphics (rpg_managers.js:1822:14)
at Function.SceneManager.initialize [as khas_core_initialize] (rpg_managers.js:1811:10)
at Function.SceneManager.initialize (KhasCore.js:126:10)
at Function.SceneManager.run (rpg_managers.js:1802:14)
at Function.SceneManager.run (YEP_CoreEngine.js:1367:32)
at window.onload (main.js:8:18)

Press F5 to restart the game.

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Khas plugins cause a lot of pain, but I cannot replace them now. Waiting for solution from OcRam.

Kenzin20

Jul 1, 2018
having error trying to sleep aftr talking to the lawyer. uncaught error setDimension is null help me

Kenzin20

Jul 1, 2018
anyone got any save AFTER sleeping at the beginning of the game? mine gets error. uncaught error please upload. thanks

Kalyha

Developer of Restore Her Career / WIAS
Game Developer
Mar 16, 2019
Is there any walkthrough ? I don't know where to go already x)

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes