Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
Hi, just wanted to say what a great game you got there which has huge potential. I just have to point out one thing that is annoying me in general, the whole deal with the branching up. Example;
Either get the Gym Event or Catch the Boss having sex.
Either going with bar date with GF or get to see Alice.

To make matters worse, they aren't obtainable/repeatable after you pick one. Which at the end will cause a lot of scenes to be missed. I'm not talking about just now , I'm also looking in the future where the game will have lots of content and stuff to do. I for one wont like to repeat the whole game just to view a couple of scenes/events. The tricks is to make the game really hard to view all the scenes in a single play through but doable in the end.
For me personally I really like the current game as it is. If you are able to see everything in a single playthrough, it defeats the whole point of choice and management, and it makes me question why give us the option to choose when it doesn't matter. In this type of sandbox game where you choose how to build up the mc (stats, personality, relationships, etc), I would like 'choice' to actually have some kind of actual impact. If you choose to go a certain route, you should miss out on things that are on a different route.

Also if you're the type who wants to see everything without playing the entire game over, you can always save scum by saving before a seemingly important choice.

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
For me personally I really like the current game as it is. If you are able to see everything in a single playthrough, it defeats the whole point of choice and management, and it makes me question why give us the option to choose when it doesn't matter. In this type of sandbox game where you choose how to build up the mc (stats, personality, relationships, etc), I would like 'choice' to actually have some kind of actual impact. If you choose to go a certain route, you should miss out on things that are on a different route.

Also if you're the type who wants to see everything without playing the entire game over, you can always save scum by saving before a seemingly important choice.
From a development stand point it always makes me sad that people don't get to see content that I created. My goal going into development was to combine the stats based game with story telling and making decisions really count. So, if it was developed all about stats it would also kinda mess up my vision of the game, because I really do have a story to tell and I want to tell it... Many of the characters are loosely based on real people/experiences... etc

I think the problem people are having is that when combined with stats restarting over and over to get the scenes and then regrinding the stats is annoying and If you enjoy the game its natural you want to see all the content that's created thus far. Naturally with more content it would fix this problem, but I get where everyone is coming from. So I think the next plan of action from just the game design perspective is to see if I can make it so people get to see more of the content in a single play through... but at the same time not interfere with my vision for the game.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
From a development stand point it always makes me sad that people don't get to see content that I created. My goal going into development was to combine the stats based game with story telling and making decisions really count. So, if it was developed all about stats it would also kinda mess up my vision of the game, because I really do have a story to tell and I want to tell it... Many of the characters are loosely based on real people/experiences... etc

I think the problem people are having is that when combined with stats restarting over and over to get the scenes and then regrinding the stats is annoying and If you enjoy the game its natural you want to see all the content that's created thus far. Naturally with more content it would fix this problem, but I get where everyone is coming from. So I think the next plan of action from just the game design perspective is to see if I can make it so people get to see more of the content in a single play through... but at the same time not interfere with my vision for the game.
I don't understand why you would be sad unless you're expecting people to only play your game once. If the game is really good, people will play it more than once.

When I got to the gameplay part of your game it brought me back to when I first played LOPGold Living With Temptation(LwT) back in 2013. It felt like you had some inspiration from that game, if you did play that game. I played that game from start to finish multiple times to see all content, all endings, because I felt it was worthy of replaying over and over. This game of yours is a more ambitious version of that game with the potential of being that much more amazing because of the ambitious amount of content/girls/characters/story over LwT. For me personally I wouldn't mind going back to replay your game from start to finish to see everything, just like I did for LwT, as long as the game is great. And from the start of your game, it looks really good. In my opinion you know you have an great game if people come back to replay the game again from start to finish.

Reactions: ShadowManNor

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
I don't understand why you would be sad unless you're expecting people to only play your game once. If the game is really good, people will play it more than once.

When I got to the gameplay part of your game it brought me back to when I first played LOPGold Living With Temptation(LwT) back in 2013. It felt like you had some inspiration from that game, if you did play that game. I played that game from start to finish multiple times to see all content, all endings, because I felt it was worthy of replaying over and over. This game of yours is a more ambitious version of that game with the potential of being that much more amazing because of the ambitious amount of content/girls/characters/story over LwT. For me personally I wouldn't mind going back to replay your game from start to finish to see everything, just like I did for LwT. In my opinion you know you have an great game if people come back to replay the game again from start to finish.
I think for me at least I need to look at where the game is now. The reason I stress the more content part is because with enough content (eventually) it probably wouldn't matter much if there are branches that people can't play in 1 play through. The problem currently and I can understand it is. You start Ch1 you play it then you realize you have to go back and then regrind it again. Theres a lapse there because you feel like you've developed the character already only to go back to developing him again... LwT was released as finish game. I don't have that luxury. So I have an additional challenge which is to make every update sort of playable as a standalone. I'm not going to scrap decision branches (like i said it is a big part of my vision), but I do think I need to approach it in a way so people say see 80%+ of the content of a patch in a single play through rather than say 50% or less. Maybe add in the additional step of if you miss it the first time its harder to get the second time etc like the catching your boss part.

Reactions: goofdoof

Oct 28, 2017
So I have an additional challenge which is to make every update sort of playable as a standalone. I'm not going to scrap decision branches (like i said it is a big part of my vision)
Exactly this makes this game so appealing.
Its hard to fullfill all "customers" wishes and stick to your own game visions.
Please follow your ideas. :)

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016

being able to see everything in a single play through should be setup in a way it's really difficult to obtained.
an example would be "lop - Weekends with the bradleys" it requires high management to see them all in a single run. It's really a big challenge, you don't even know how many times (it's a lot, I lost count) I repeated the game to achieve that.. and we are talking about a game which has "3 days". It'll require the developer to masterfully allow the pieces fall together if a player goes through specific steps or close enough.

The thing with games that offer one path over the other is that they have to make it worth it for people to replay the whole game over to see what the other path offers. I know the game just started, but as the game gets bigger and will take longer to complete. Just imagine having to repeat the majority of the steps just to see a different scene or event. Japanese VN offer the same kind of thinking, but they are 98% text and they can be skipped to the point you stopped.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
I think for me at least I need to look at where the game is now. The reason I stress the more content part is because with enough content (eventually) it probably wouldn't matter much if there are branches that people can't play in 1 play through. The problem currently and I can understand it is. You start Ch1 you play it then you realize you have to go back and then regrind it again. Theres a lapse there because you feel like you've developed the character already only to go back to developing him again... LwT was released as finish game. I don't have that luxury. So I have an additional challenge which is to make every update sort of playable as a standalone. I'm not going to scrap decision branches (like i said it is a big part of my vision), but I do think I need to approach it in a way so people say see 80%+ of the content of a patch in a single play through rather than say 50% or less. Maybe add in the additional step of if you miss it the first time its harder to get the second time etc like the catching your boss part.
One temp solution I can offer to make people see the boss part again is by chaining it with the promotion event. When the boss asked the player to complete the assignment for the bonus, the player can choose to complete the assignment but there will be 2 outcomes based on the time they hand it in:
  1. If the player hands in during working hours, he'll get the normal scene, which is currently implemented.
  2. If the player chooses to stay in work after hours and then hands it in, he'll get the scene pop up. This will require you to add a bit of text "Only if he finished the assignment" at the confrontation scene, around the idea the boss asking the player what did he want then the player replies I wanted to hand in the assignment he got tasked to do so for the "bonus".
Just my humble input, keep up the good work.

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
Haven't read through the thread yet, but the premise and screenshots have me convinced. So much potential.

KeinBa

Sep 26, 2017
Even if i clicked on ''don't go with her'' conversation is not complete ,asking me again like I've never made a choice.And yeah don't ask me why do i want to reject her lol.Just want to see what happens if i reject her. We definitely need a walkthrough i missed some scenes and don't know how to unlock them.

Reactions: SmokeyDots

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
Even if i clicked on ''don't go with her'' conversation is not complete ,asking me again like I've never made a choice.And yeah don't ask me why do i want to reject her lol.Just want to see what happens if i reject her. We definitely need a walkthrough i missed some scenes and don't know how to unlock them.
Thank you for this. This hasn’t been mentioned. I’m working on a final bug fix of everything.

KeinBa

Sep 26, 2017
Thank you for this. This hasn’t been mentioned. I’m working on a final bug fix of everything.
Final thing , Izumi is my favourite girl there, don't rush the things too fast please :) Besides, don't you think it would be more rational to massage them before groping them ? I think it's too early to groping scenes. I like slow corruption but final decision is yours of course

Mad_Man

Nov 10, 2017
Sorry if this has been posted before, but is it a way to increase the morale at the office? If not, it is a possibility that you will be stucked there.

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
Sorry if this has been posted before, but is it a way to increase the morale at the office? If not, it is a possibility that you will be stucked there.
No use the computer to slack off. It doesn't gain morale, and I should probably change it to make it auto go to 5pm

nimsen

Dec 22, 2017
pliiiis. can somebody put console commands for girls? (relationship/lust/love etc.)
i've figure out few others already
money = x
work_xp = x
research_xp = x
physical_xp = x

3.90 star(s) 110 Votes