• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Just a quick question. I played this one a while back but it was too involved, now I see it's a VN and can't recall if it was labeled as such before. Has there been a major overhaul to the game? Reading through the changelogs didn't tell much Thanks!

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Just a quick question. I played this one a while back but it was too involved, now I see it's a VN and can't recall if it was labeled as such before. Has there been a major overhaul to the game? Reading through the changelogs didn't tell much Thanks!
No, the game is the same as before. The first few days are scripted but then you're off to a sanbox experience. But there are now cheat mods that make it pretty much a breeze to play through. It's actually one of my favorite games because the routes are actually different and the choice between Grace and Izumi is well done and makes it feel somewhat different.

https://f95zone.to/threads/high-rise-climb-0-70-a-1-704621168.34638/#post-2239498

This mod apparently fixes a couple of the reported bugs, so if you actually want to play this game, you're probably going to need this cheat mod until the dev releases a bugfix.

rdblev

Mar 16, 2018
This update is full of bugs, especially at the 5pm time slot. No one could have tested this and got past the 1st day.

Gian83

Dec 5, 2017
Two new posts on Patreon:

so in theory tomorrow the second pate 0.70b should come out ??? I doubt it given the author's unreliability to respect the terms.... :unsure:

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I got 66a and decided to use the update patch ("Addon archive") to 70a. The rar archive has "Game" and existing installation "game".

So dev (or whoever did the update patch): keep your directories/folders named the same because "Game" isn't "game" in Linux or in Mac. The case matters for all other than Windows users.

Gian83

Dec 5, 2017
What does it say, can't read it.

0.7a Patch Notes
As I said in the last post, the small amounts of Izumi and Olivia content I had planned needs to be delayed for 3 days and will be released with 0.7b.

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I can't even get there. Prologue, shutting off the alarm clock on the mobile...try to save ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hello, that's not a bug with this game. The problem is simple, the game cannot save for whatever reason.

We're going to need your help to help you solve it.

Do you have any non-Latin characters in your username? The default save folder is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

Do you have permission to save there? Can you manually create the folder Corruption-1502136365 and see if it works?

The number at the end might be some sort of ID if that's the case, this might not work.

Have you run out of space on your system drive?

Anything you can think of that might be the problem? Anti-virus etc.

If all else fails can you create X:\....\HighRiseClimb-0.70a-pc\game\saves <--- You'll have to figure out your own path. The important thing is to create a saves folder inside the "game" folder of HighRiseClimb.

As I said, the problem is simple, the solution is more complex until we figure out why you can't save your game in that location.

TB-11

Jul 10, 2018
Ok thanks for help but this RenPy game is the first with this problem. I tried Goss_IP for example couple minutes later and it saves perfectly

Do you have any non-Latin characters in your username? The default save folder is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy
No

Do you have permission to save there? Can you manually create the folder Corruption-1502136365 and see if it works?
Folder exists and there are autosaves in there from my first start of the game yesterday
\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Corruption-1502136365

Have you run out of space on your system drive?
No, 65GB free and there is just the OS on it, everything else is on different physical HDD's

Anything you can think of that might be the problem? Anti-virus etc.
Installed Avast couple days before but as mentioned I don't have the problem with other games

the solution is more complex until we figure out why you can't save your game in that location.
I see thanks for pointing some hints

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Ok thanks for help but this RenPy game is the first with this problem. I tried Goss_IP for example couple minutes later and it saves perfectly
It's even weirder if you're having issues saving with this specific game. We're still going to need your help to troubleshoot :p

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Wow this game has gotten huge. Haven't played it in awhile but looking forward to seeing what's new. As a suggestion to the dev though, might consider using some compression. Unless this game is packed with an insane number of animations I suspect you could cut the size by 80% or more without affecting image quality much.

3.90 star(s) 110 Votes