• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Crash on day 1 when working til 5pm:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/OfficeController.rpy", line 306, in script
    if clock >= 1440:
  File "game/OfficeController.rpy", line 362, in <module>
    elif clock >= 1020 and ida_house_date_done_today:
NameError: name 'ida_house_date_done_today' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    if clock >= 1440:
  File "D:\stuff\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070a-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1762, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\stuff\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070a-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\stuff\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070a-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
High-Rise Climb 0.70a
Sat Nov 02 14:06:56 2019
I added the following to the top of OfficeController.rpy and it seems to work as a workaround so far:

default ida_house_date_done_today = 0

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
poldy + gestved + cloudy322 + 12_Bl_34 + khumak + KukriMachete
nick90

TRY THE MOD AND FIX YOUR PROBLEMS ::
Maybe I quoted way too many people lol ?
I now included a bugfix in my mod, which fixes the following:
1. First Day work till 5pm error
2. Ida Chest Workout error

Feel free to report bugs to be (for the game and my mod) and I'll fix if I have time.
ALSO ... any bug seems to come from not defined ida variables ... they are neither 0 nor True/False introduced into code ... so game crashes out of pure curiosity of what the @#%$
those variables might mean.

This game is not packed - you can edit all scripts directly in the game folder (the *.rpy files contain the scripts). The 5 pm issue occurs because a required variable is not introduced. As soon as it is that error goes away. Someone mentioned how to do this through the console. I merely put that code into the games initialization logic so it will happen automatically when starting a new game (to fix it on savegames you will still have to go the console route as the init logic is only executed when starting a new game).

Therefore most credit should go to the original poster.

Some work around might be to make them all 0 or False (so as to be possible to trigger in future)

Code:

While running game code:
    if clock >= 1440:

Full traceback:
    if clock >= 1440:
  File "D:\stuff\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070a-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1762, in execute
  File "D:\stuff\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070a-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
  File "D:\stuff\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070a-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
High-Rise Climb 0.70a
I added the following to the top of OfficeController.rpy and it seems to work as a workaround so far:

All the BIG Thanks go to those brave anough to try a work around and their helpful posts;)!

Apr 5, 2017
About my MOD, I was thinking about implementing like a "hint" system. Well it is like a ton of work and I honestly don't think it's worth to write out like a step by step instruction on how to reach every single scene.

So I'm gonna do this instead, my "hint" system would be like an FAQ style with common question such as,
"How to I access Grace's House? I don't see her at the Reception".

Since I've seen the code a few times, I don't get stuck, ever lol. So in order for me to implement this system, I will need questions. Please quote this message and reply if you have suggestions for what questions I should have.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAck 66 and Deoku

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Thank you for this wonderful mod and your gracious contribution to making this game enjoyable!
About them questions >>> take 2 \/ \/ \/
?Where are my skills ... I cannot do any research?
?How do I get my car ... I don't have any in my inventory?
?How do I get Ida at the park ... I cannot go to the park?
?How do I get Ida at the gym ... There is no one at the gym when I go?
?How do I get Ida at the Dance Studio ... there is no dance studio on the map?
?How do I get Grace Shopping Sugar Daddy Scene .. I cannot go shopping with her?
?How do I get Ida in living-room and bedroom ... I cannot see her house on the map?
?How do I get a job for bailey ... I'm at Work level five already?
?How do I Confront Angela while she is drunk ... I only see her sleeping on the couch?
?How do I get Olivia Threesome .. I can only invite her to hang out?
?How do I get naughty options with bailey ... she always takes the massage and that's it?
?How do I progress with gals at the mall ... I only talk and they show different poses?
Happy Gaming!

Bonus round => some questions I had in the past ... seems they are hard to navigate now as ever ::

[/QUOTE]
And now ... the recurring problems of this game ...

1=How on earth does one go about unlocking the suit ... there is no possible advancement...

Research can be maxed in 2 weeks grinding all at home ... still no possible advance on the suit.

2= How on earth do we unlock grace house? work hard, get lvl 5, nothing hapens.

3= How can anybody be in reception <1st chamber at the office> apart from the actual secretary?

4= Grace house never shows up on the map permanently. How does one visit on Saturday?

5= What are the must do events to trigger Izumi house?

6= What are the must do events to trigger Grace house?

P.S. -> did a lot of play throughs, advanced waaAAaaaay past lvl 5 max at work, billionaire, investment opportunities ... still no advance on the Izumi house or the Grace house. Not to mention, suid never a possibility to develop o_O :cautious::censored: ???

Last edited:

Juan Sanchez

Oct 26, 2017

Code:

While running game code:
    if clock >= 1440:

Full traceback:
    if clock >= 1440:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
High-Rise Climb 0.70a

I still don't get it how you do it and I don't know how coding works. Please kindly explain me

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i popped on the new cheat mod in the OP as it said bugfixes..i do not need to use the cheat..but the bugfixes worked and my game is flawless...perhaps QwertyBam who created the OP could yellow letter the fact the cheat mod fixes bugs?...just sayin' as i said..you do not hafta cheat as it takes pressing "c" to activate the mod..but the fixes work regardless

Dick Sledge

Dec 28, 2018
Am I missing something obvious with talking to angela about her drinking problem? she goes from the bed and no options to sleeping on couch at 11pm.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Am I missing something obvious with talking to angela about her drinking problem? she goes from the bed and no options to sleeping on couch at 11pm.
i think(complete guess) the drunk talk is a prelude for future keep or dump convo..(i hope) there are alot of to be continued scenarios that drag on a long time..lol...i'm still waiting for continuation of time with bosses wife and daughter..ima steal his company and his women :D

• Wow

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I still don't get it how you do it and I don't know how coding works. Please kindly explain me
Don't worry, it's easy. I'm not a programmer either, just do a bit of modding sometimes. It's just a 1 line copy/paste. Just open this file with a text editor (I use notepad++):

<whatever path you have Highrise Climb installed to>\game\OfficeController.rpy

At the top of the file just past in:

I put it right after the 2 define statements but it really doesn't matter.

I would guess the dev cut out some unfinished content in his last release but missed that variable check. The default statement just creates that variable and assigns it a value of 0 if it didn't already exist so that variable check returns false and thus doesn't do anything instead of erroring out. A similar workaround should work for any other undefined variables as well. If another statement somewhere else in the game changes that variable later that's fine. It won't cause issues.

Reactions: heimdal74

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Ok, Shutting off the Guarding System of Avast did the job, can save now. But now stuck on the 5pm Bug at the first day in office...
I'm glad you got it sorted. In order for you to play the game you're going to need this:

https://f95zone.to/threads/high-rise-climb-0-70-a-1-704621168.34638/#post-2239498

It's a cheat mod but you don't need to use its features, however, it does fix the bugs and make the game playable.

Installation instructions are hidden by a spoiler in the mod's OP.

Apr 5, 2017
Found another bug, an error is caused by choosing leg workout with Ida with xray glasses on.

Fix: go to line 93 of idagymdatesecond.rpy
Code:
image idagymlegsglass10 = "gym/legs/idagymlegsglass10.jpg"
Change that file extension to png.

• Wow

Apr 5, 2017
Thank you for this wonderful mod and your gracious contribution to making this game enjoyable!
About them questions >>> take 2 \/ \/ \/
?Where are my skills ... I cannot do any research?
?How do I get my car ... I don't have any in my inventory?
?How do I get Ida at the park ... I cannot go to the park?
?How do I get Ida at the gym ... There is no one at the gym when I go?
?How do I get Ida at the Dance Studio ... there is no dance studio on the map?
?How do I get Grace Shopping Sugar Daddy Scene .. I cannot go shopping with her?
?How do I get Ida in living-room and bedroom ... I cannot see her house on the map?
?How do I get a job for bailey ... I'm at Work level five already?
?How do I Confront Angela while she is drunk ... I only see her sleeping on the couch?
?How do I get Olivia Threesome .. I can only invite her to hang out?
?How do I get naughty options with bailey ... she always takes the massage and that's it?
?How do I progress with gals at the mall ... I only talk and they show different poses?
Happy Gaming!

Bonus round => some questions I had in the past ... seems they are hard to navigate now as ever ::
Alright I implemented all your questions other than the first two and the last one. Hopefully my code doesn't turn out to be buggy..

• Love

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
For Smokeydots: It seems that making money in this game is a lot easier than it is in real life. I have billions in cash by grinding in investments. I think that, at this point, the MC should be putting up his own company, not to mention that he has several inventions that he can patent and market, or sell. It just doesn't make sense to keep working for someone else with this much money. 55 billion and growing.

Other points I'd like to bring to your attention: Saturday night, sometimes I sleep at 8 PM, but wake up 10 AM Sunday morning. Doesn't make sense. Another point is, you can only gain love points from Grace during the weekends when you go out shopping, or have coffee in the coffee shop. Saturday morning is the only day to get the points for Grace This is too much of a grind, because of the time factor (only once a week, on Saturday). That's why I call into question Sunday's wake up time. Sunday could have been another day to get Grace points. Even if I choose to sleep over at Grace's, I still wake up at 10 AM, Sunday morning.

I could probably hack the game like other peole are doing, but that won't be playing your game anymore. Please fix the Grace love points issue. It's the only complaint I have. You can only get two points per week. That's a total of 50 weeks!

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 110 Votes