Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
one of the quests says confront your gf while she is drunk, how do you do that?? the only option is to play with her or wake her up
I've found what really triggers the option to confront when she's sleeping on couch is to "hangout" with her a total of three times in bedroom (she drinks all three times). Then the living room couch scene played as described in my above post. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: SirAuron20

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
OK, simple. When the opportunity exists under Angela "It's probably time we have a talk....", while she's sleeping on couch at 2300 hours, choose "Wake her up", the confrontation scene is there. I've attached a quicksave that is right at this point for reference. Regards.
Hm. Just tried this with an existing save, and it just triggered the same old Wake up dialogue.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
still the same damn warning. does it matter that 7-zip is the default program? was recommended to fix another mess with my saves-character creation is a mess.
This is the last thing I can recommend:

If the issue is that you cannot extract the v0.8b files from the compressed file at all and you've re-downloaded the patch for verification, then more info from you is needed. Whatever program (WinRar or 7-zip) that you used to extract the original v0.8a files will function the same for the v0.8b patch files.

If you have no issue extracting the v0.8b patch files to a temp directory, then go to your v0.8a /game folder, delete all the script files, then copy the v0.8b script files from the temp directory you created to the v0.8a /game directory. This way you don't have to technically overwrite the old files (since you are basically doing it manually).

This overcomplicates a very simple process but breaks it down into steps so you can find out where your issue truly lies.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Vezzeli

Nov 4, 2017
I download compressed version and that update, then I load one of my old save, everything fine. But when I start new game text was black in black so you just can't see it. Anyone know why this might happened?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I download compressed version and that update, then I load one of my old save, everything fine. But when I start new game text was black in black so you just can't see it. Anyone know why this might happened?
Closing and restarting the game tends to fix it.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
This is the last thing I can recommend:

If the issue is that you cannot extract the v0.8b files from the compressed file at all and you've re-downloaded the patch for verification, then more info from you is needed. Whatever program (WinRar or 7-zip) that you used to extract the original v0.8a files will function the same for the v0.8b patch files.

If you have no issue extracting the v0.8b patch files to a temp directory, then go to your v0.8a /game folder, delete all the script files, then copy the v0.8b script files from the temp directory you created to the v0.8a /game directory. This way you don't have to technically overwrite the old files (since you are basically doing it manually).

This overcomplicates a very simple process but breaks it down into steps so you can find out where your issue truly lies.
i'll try that later.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hm. Just tried this with an existing save, and it just triggered the same old Wake up dialogue.
You can verify if the flags are set in your save. If the confrontation was done, then your save will have these flags:
$angela_drunk_confront_done = True
$angela_drunk_done = True

If so, don't worry about the Opportunities screen not updating, it's doing that for many of the paths and will likely clear when the next opportunity comes up to replace it.

Reactions: gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
You can verify if the flags are set in your save. If the confrontation was done, then your save will have these flags:
$angela_drunk_confront_done = True
$angela_drunk_done = True

If so, don't worry about the Opportunities screen not updating, it's doing that for many of the paths and will likely clear when the next opportunity comes up to replace it.
Yeah I'd forgotten I'd actually already done the 'confrontation' (such as it is) on that save and it just hadn't changed anything at all. Tried on a new (0.8a/b) game and was able to trigger the confrontation convo again. It's just the opportunities tab that needs updating (as ever).

By the way, for my new playthrough I promoted Izumi, and now it throws a wobbler whenever I try to open her opportunities tab:
Code:
NameError: name 'izumi_office_sex_fear_done' is not defined

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
By the way, for my new playthrough I promoted Izumi, and now it throws a wobbler whenever I try to open her opportunities tab:
Code:
As far as I can tell, it's a bad reference: The office sex scene after sending her the video of her snooping in the MC's office sets the variable izumi_mcoffice_sex_fear_done.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Code:
I'll progress my current playthrough that direction and see what is making it not trigger. Either that or I'll comb through the script file and see if the flag is named incorrectly. Will take a bit...

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I'll progress my current playthrough that direction and see what is making it not trigger. Either that or I'll comb through the script file and see if the flag is named incorrectly. Will take a bit...
Found it. For anyone else who runs into this:
  1. Open the file OpportunitiesIzumi.rpy in an editor (Notepad++ or what ever)
  2. Go to line 263, the line elif izumi_office_sex_fear_done:
  3. Change it to elif izumi_mcoffice_sex_fear_done:
  4. Save and exit.
(tagging SmokeyDots so it can be fixed in future builds)

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
how do i begin the Aubrey quests?
Go on the date with Alice (need to have had sex with her and relationship 70+) to unlock the night club. Come back there in the evenings and it's fairly straightforward alternating conversations with Aubrey and the sex worker, Layla. You'll need a bit of cash and Psychology V to unlock the lot.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn
3.90 star(s) 110 Votes