Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While testing the v0.8b scripts, started from scratch new game, noticed MC no longer needs to buy furniture in Store for guest room, it was automatic scene during second week, chapter 1. Again minor but is was this an intended script change?

Finding a few minor bugs here and there which I'll compile. Working first playthrough pushing +REL everywhere possible, then intend to initiate another doing the opposite (all +FER), then one where flipped from one to the other. That's unless I consume too many Crown & Cokes tonight and get offtrack.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i still can't get this game to work.
Which platform? If PC, DL v0.8a full or compressed, unrar in a new directory, DL v0.8b patch (contains only scripts), unrar that into the /game directory, start game from root dir. That should be it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I had no problem with WinRar 5.20, what version you runnin'? If the version is the issue and you want easier choice, you can always use 7-zip instead.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
just says that ''winrar can add files only to rar and zip archives''
Well, you don't want to add files to a rar but rather decompress the v0.8b rar files into the /game directory. It appears you are selecting "add files" within WinRar. If it's easier, decompress the scripts in a new temp directory, then manually copy and overwrite the v0.8a scripts in the /game directory.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Well, you don't want to add files to a rar but rather decompress the v0.8b rar files into the /game directory. It appears you are selecting "add files" within WinRar. If it's easier, decompress the scripts in a new temp directory, then manually copy and overwrite the v0.8a scripts in the /game directory.
dragging like i've done so many times before. how do i go about decompressing the scripts in a new temp directory? i've never had this issue before.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
dragging like i've done so many times before. how do i go about decompressing the scripts in a new temp directory? i've never had this issue before.
Anywhere you want create a new directory in explorer named something you easily find (for example "GameTemp"). Copy the v0.8b scripts rar into that directory and decompress there. Now simply select all the script files and copy them into the /game directory of v0.8a (when asked if you want to overwrite select yes to all. This is a long workaround, but takes WinRar out of the picture as much as possible. It will also insure that the scripts rar is not for some reason bad, if that's the case simply re-download it and try again.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Anywhere you want create a new directory in explorer named something you easily find (for example "GameTemp"). Copy the v0.8b scripts rar into that directory and decompress there. Now simply select all the script files and copy them into the /game directory of v0.8a (when asked if you want to overwrite select yes to all. This is a long workaround, but takes WinRar out of the picture as much as possible. It will also insure that the scripts rar is not for some reason bad, if that's the case simply re-download it and try again.
how do i create the file? i'm sorry if i'm asking rookie question-but again-i haven't had this issue before.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
how do i create the file? i'm sorry if i'm asking rookie question-but again-i haven't had this issue before.
Don't create a file, create a new temporary directory on you hdd where you can easily find...even if it's on your desktop. It's location in the end won't matter since you will delete it once the whole process is done.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Don't create a file, create a new temporary directory on you hdd where you can easily find...even if it's on your desktop. It's location in the end won't matter since you will delete it once the whole process is done.
how do i create a new temporary directory?

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Just open file explorer, choose a location (makes most sense in your games directory), and create a new subdirectory. You've surely created directories on your hdd before, right?
no. i've created gaming files to send to a dev to correct issues with my save, however.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
no. i've created gaming files to sent to a dev to correct issues with my save, however.
My apologies, I assumed such a basic process as creating a directory and/or subdirectory is just common knowledge. Rather than me write up the process with pics, just quickly google it or youtube so there won't be any confusion. "create a new directory in Windows". Start with that, you need to know these basic types of functions or your hdd will become a mess in no time.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
My apologies, I assumed such a basic process as creating a directory and/or subdirectory is just common knowledge. Rather than me write up the process with pics, just quickly google it or youtube so there won't be any confusion. "create a new directory in Windows". Start with that, you need to know these basic types of functions or your hdd will become a mess in no time.
again, i've never had to this......that, and i haven't slept in 9 damn year.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Anyone know how to confront Angela when she is drunk?
last i tried-you can't-seems to still be the case from some of these comments.
OK, simple. When the opportunity exists under Angela "It's probably time we have a talk....", while she's sleeping on couch at 2300 hours, choose "Wake her up", the confrontation scene is there. I've attached a quicksave that is right at this point for reference. Regards.

3.90 star(s) 110 Votes