fobington

Nov 28, 2019
I wanted to have my name in the game instead of the original name MC "Byron" so I decided to look a little bit how to solve it and I think I managed to solve it.
I note in advance that I did not test it by going through the whole game, but only by playing a little and so far where the original name MC appeared as text it was replaced with my chosen name but of course I am not an expert in coding so you can use it of course at your own risk.

View attachment 2047678
View attachment 2047628

So if someone wants to change the original name of MC "Byron" to his own, he can create a file in the notepad or notepad++ and add the following code to it where of course you replace the text "Your_ name" with the name you want in the game and after adding this code save this file as an rpy file and copy it and paste it to the "HighRiseClimb-0.92a-pc\game":

Code:
init python:

def myNameChange(text):
        return renpy.re.sub( r'\b{}\b'.format( MODmcName ), MODwantedName, text )

config.say_menu_text_filter = myNameChange

default MODmcName = "Byron"
default MODwantedName = "Your_ name"
And if someone wants he can use the attached file in which he must of course first change the name himself
that is the text "Your_ name" on your chosen one.

P.S.
I created this mod to some extent thanks to the inspiration of my friend micmitja who created very useful for this game "clean gui background" which can be found here.
thanks for this! Unfortunately it still shows "Byron" as a name. I downloaded your attachement and changed "Your_name" to the name I'd like the MC to have. Then copied it to the game folder. There isn't much I could do wrong. Do you have an idea what the problem could be? Its a rpy file and edited with Notepad++.
Thanks in advance o/

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
thanks for this! Unfortunately it still shows "Byron" as a name. I downloaded your attachement and changed "Your_name" to the name I'd like the MC to have. Then copied it to the game folder. There isn't much I could do wrong. Do you have an idea what the problem could be? Its a rpy file and edited with Notepad++.
Thanks in advance o/
Just a question, do you mean it doesn't change your original name to yours in dialogue or do you mean the MC tag still shows "Byron"?
Because if the latter, then all names in this game as tags are added by default by the dev as images and to change the original tag with the name of MC you have to use the "clean mc tag" created by micmitja and which you can find in the quoted post below. Of course if you want to have your name in this tag you have to download this "clean mc tag" from it and edit it with some graphic program to insert your chosen name there.

clean gui background

have cut off grey text background from all chars so now you can normally use
Ren'Py Transparent Text Box Mod

original
View attachment 1809319
cut
View attachment 1809321
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
replace files in game/gui folder and your good

have also added beside original files if for what ever reason you prefer grey background
Workupload

also clean mc tag, cant to much about about when they call you but you can write your name on it

View attachment 1829964
View attachment 1829967
Workupload
enjoy

here you can change the ingame name too made by Mario4don
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
https://f95zone.to/threads/high-rise-climb-v0-92a-smokeydots.6897/post-8990006

fobington

Nov 28, 2019
Just a question, do you mean it doesn't change your original name to yours in dialogue or do you mean the MC tag still shows "Byron"?
Because if the latter, then all names in this game as tags are added by default by the dev as images and to change the original tag with the name of MC you have to use the "clean mc tag" created by micmitja and which you can find in the quoted post below. Of course if you want to have your name in this tag you have to download this "clean mc tag" from it and edit it with some graphic program to insert your chosen name there.
In the end the name replace worked in the dialogues. As you say, only the MC tag shows Byron, but that is fine tbh. Thank you for your quick answer and help.

Reactions: Mario4don

Toohat

Jan 21, 2020
Hey man...im stuck at having sex with Zumi in her home. Gave her christmas gift but now theres no progress. Any help?

And grace just turned and became my fuckdoll. But theres no story with her now?

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
Hey man...im stuck at having sex with Zumi in her home. Gave her christmas gift but now theres no progress. Any help?

And grace just turned and became my fuckdoll. But theres no story with her now?
Gave her christmas gift? Are you sure its this is the right game (High-Rise Climb [Smokeydots]), cause I do not recall an event like that ocurring in game.

Toohat

Jan 21, 2020
Gave her christmas gift? Are you sure its this is the right game (High-Rise Climb [Smokeydots]), cause I do not recall an event like that ocurring in game.
Yeah. You get the option of buying her a dress. Then she talks about you meeting her family. Then nothing

Poopyhead68

Dec 5, 2020
anyone know a game that is similar to this that is about stocks? Im trying to find it again but I dont remember the name of it

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Finally marked as Abandoned, can't say I didn't see that coming.
Oh well time to Unwatch View attachment 2255057 UnLike & Ignore thread
Hello, you must be new.

Just because the mods on here mark anything anything does not make it true. While it is true this developer hasn't said or posted anything recently doesn't mean it is dead. It's actually his MO. Months of nothing and then boom, update. Sure, just because it has happened in the past doesn't mean there will be an update in the future, but just because a mod marks something as abandoned doesn't mean squat either.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
So the game is basically done aside from the endings.
The long ending with be the AI ending and will take a bit of time to work through

JULY 26 AT 3:31 PM

Which ending to work on first.

working on the AI ending but that's still a few months down the road to completion. In the mean ...

Reactions: Dengosss

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
Personally I think this [Abandoned] "tag" is entirely up too administrators conjecture or whim.
Since I have signed up her on F95z, I have see this game get tagged abandoned 2 times already. Then other games who have far less active involvement stay unmarked, only to find out from other sources they are in fact no longer in active development.

JMTC...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Personally I think this [Abandoned] "tag" is entirely up too administrators conjecture or whim.
Since I have signed up her on F95z, I have see this game get tagged abandoned 2 times already. Then other games who have far less active involvement stay unmarked, only to find out from other sources they are in fact no longer in active development.

JMTC...

some devs get more leeway than others and if dev is active on patreon etc then tag gets postponed.

Reactions: LN1982
3.90 star(s) 110 Votes