jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
Cart before horse naw this guys like I want the wheels before the cart then maybe a horse if the cart flies fine...

On the subject of mods they don't just magically happen bro.
Three T'S of deving; Time 'Someones, Testing 'Someones and Tenacity 'Someones.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
I wanted to have my name in the game instead of the original name MC "Byron" so I decided to look a little bit how to solve it and I think I managed to solve it.
I note in advance that I did not test it by going through the whole game, but only by playing a little and so far where the original name MC appeared as text it was replaced with my chosen name but of course I am not an expert in coding so you can use it of course at your own risk.

1663369692179.png
name change.png

So if someone wants to change the original name of MC "Byron" to his own, he can create a file in the notepad or notepad++ and add the following code to it where of course you replace the text "Your_ name" with the name you want in the game and after adding this code save this file as an rpy file and copy it and paste it to the "HighRiseClimb-0.92a-pc\game":

Code:
init python:

def myNameChange(text):
        return renpy.re.sub( r'\b{}\b'.format( MODmcName ), MODwantedName, text )

config.say_menu_text_filter = myNameChange

default MODmcName = "Byron"
default MODwantedName = "Your_name"
And if someone wants he can use the attached file in which he must of course first change the name himself
that is the text "Your_ name" on your chosen one.

P.S.
I created this mod to some extent thanks to the inspiration of my friend micmitja who created very useful for this game "clean gui background" which can be found here.
clean gui background

have cut off grey text background from all chars so now you can normally use
Ren'Py Transparent Text Box Mod

original
View attachment 1809319
cut
View attachment 1809321
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
replace files in game/gui folder and your good

have also added beside original files if for what ever reason you prefer grey background
Workupload

also clean mc tag, cant to much about about when they call you but you can write your name on it

View attachment 1829964
View attachment 1829967
Workupload
enjoy

Last edited:

Jake2000

Oct 14, 2018
I wanted to have my name in the game instead of the original name MC "Byron" so I decided to look a little bit how to solve it and I think I managed to solve it.
I note in advance that I did not test it by going through the whole game, but only by playing a little and so far where the original name MC appeared as text it was replaced with my chosen name but of course I am not an expert in coding so you can use it of course at your own risk.

View attachment 2047678
View attachment 2047628

So if someone wants to change the original name of MC "Byron" to his own, he can create a file in the notepad or notepad++ and add the following code to it where of course you replace the text "Your_ name" with the name you want in the game and after adding this code save this file as an rpy file and copy it and paste it to the "HighRiseClimb-0.92a-pc\game":

Code:
init python:

def myNameChange(text):
        return renpy.re.sub( r'\b{}\b'.format( MODmcName ), MODwantedName, text )

config.say_menu_text_filter = myNameChange

default MODmcName = "Byron"
default MODwantedName = "Your_ name"
And if someone wants he can use the attached file in which he must of course first change the name himself
that is the text "Your_ name" on your chosen one.

P.S.
I created this mod to some extent thanks to the inspiration of my friend micmitja who created very useful for this game "clean gui background" which can be found here.
Amazing:LOL:
I can't remember how many times people asked in this thread that, how can they change MC's name.
Good work!

peerawat

May 22, 2018
attach traceback.txt on your post not screenshot. if ignore doesn't work then ...............
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/IzumiHomeChat.rpy", line 493, in script
  File "game/IzumiHomeChat.rpy", line 493, in <module>
NameError: name 'izumi_piano_weekend_hang_done' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/IzumiHomeChat.rpy", line 493, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
  File "game/IzumiHomeChat.rpy", line 493, in <module>
NameError: name 'izumi_piano_weekend_hang_done' is not defined

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
attach traceback.txt (located in highclimb-folder) on your post, no bb code, no screenshots, no copypasting that error or anything else.

peerawat

May 22, 2018
cxx โพสต์: 9002995 สมาชิก: 291784 said:
แนบ traceback.txt (อยู่ในโฟลเดอร์ highclimb) ในโพสต์ของคุณ ไม่มีโค้ด bb ไม่มีภาพหน้าจอ ไม่มีการคัดลอกข้อผิดพลาดนั้นหรืออย่างอื่น
[/อ้าง]

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
How do you check the micro cams? I‘ve installed them but have no option to check the recordings, not on the home computer anyway.

akiostein

Aug 9, 2021
this game has a fairly large size up to 10GB. What surprised me when I found out there is a compressed version that is only 500MB in size, how is that possible.. is the compressed version the full version or is there a part that is removed?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
this game has a fairly large size up to 10GB. What surprised me when I found out there is a compressed version that is only 500MB in size, how is that possible.. is the compressed version the full version or is there a part that is removed?
it is full version but image quality is lowish and same with rest like animations.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
So does this game need multiple playthroughs? One of the reasons I find this kind of daunting to play is that it just feels like the paths are kind of all over the place. I read the changelog but still not sure if that means I can just promote whoever and still see the same stuff.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes