VN Ren'Py Abandoned High School Crush Simulator [v0.6.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes
Sep 1, 2017
With monogamy and polygamy both being avaible options at the start of the game can we also hope for possible influence of those on the interactions between the different npcs?

Taking part in a love triangle would be quiet an experience especially if it's done in a way without the obvious two rivals are aiming for the same person if you picked the poly route. Basicly a swinger route, but a lot more deeper.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
With monogamy and polygamy both being avaible options at the start of the game can we also hope for possible influence of those on the interactions between the different npcs?

Taking part in a love triangle would be quiet an experience especially if it's done in a way without the obvious two rivals are aiming for the same person if you picked the poly route. Basicly a swinger route, but a lot more deeper.
As stated in the introduction of the game, I currently don't plan on writing any cheating/love triangle scenes for the polygamy mode. When writing, I'm fully focused on the semi-intended game mode (monogamy). I am fully aware that a lot of people are playing on the polygamy mode though and losts of people seem to want there to be something that will acknowledge the fact that you're dating multiple people. Right now I don't have any plans like that for the near future, but I'm also not saying it will never be added.

Currently in scenes that include multiple characters that the player can have a relationship with, the game will do simply checks to see which text message it should be displaying.

For example, if there is a scene with both Ava and Charlotte, the game will do something like this:
- Check if Ava romance is active, if so: 'I approach and kiss Ava and Charlotte doesn't react to it'. If not, continue to next step
- Check if Charlotte romance is active, if so: 'I approach and kiss Charlotte and Ava doesn't react to it.'. If both are inactive, display the last message
- Neither romance is active: 'I approach Charlotte and Ava, who are talking to each other.'

Only one of those messages will actually be displayed. In this case the romance with Ava takes priority over the romance with Charlotte if both romances are active. So during that scene the game will act as if Ava is the only active romance and Charlotte will temporarily not be your girlfriend until the end of the scene.

I did warn you at the start of the game that the polygamy mode would be a little bit immersion breaking. The game is very much written and designed with the idea of having multiple playthroughs (one for each girl/guy you want to romance) in mind. The polygamy mode is there for people who don't have enough time or patience to play through the game multiple times and are willig to accept that tiny bit of immersion breaking in certain scenes.

The big problems I have with including scenes for the polygamy mode is that I don't feel comfortable writing such scenes as I feel that I am too much of a romantic to do that sort of thing justice and the massive amount of possible relationship combinations the player can have. There are 6 different romance options. That means there are way, way, way too many different combinations of which character is romanced and which isn't to write proper scenes for all of them.

I did do my best to make the player feels like the game changes depending on which character you're in a relationship with though. If you're in a relationship with Ava, almost every scene in which she appears in the main story acknowledges that you're in a relationship with her (that even happens during certain scenes that do not actually include Ava). Michelle will also give her opinion about most of the included romance options when you tell her during the main story

Reactions: supercheese123

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017

Polygamy isn't a "route" as such, it's just there for people that want to romance everyone in one playthrough. It's not an actual option that will lead to anything.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Polygamy isn't a "route" as such, it's just there for people that want to romance everyone in one playthrough. It's not an actual option that will lead to anything.
That's a very good way of putting it. Another way of saying is that polygamy is not 'player choice' that the main character makes, unlike choosing between letting Emily stay or kicking her out during Vivian's story for example. If that would be the case, there wouldn't be these two modes. If that was what I had in mind, you'd simply always play on the polygamy mode and it would be a player choice to keep to one girlfriend should you want to.

Reactions: LightWitch98

MzBreezy

Jun 8, 2018
So currently, is Jason the only person you can lose your virginity to through actual penetration? Such a sad way though, through a glory hole in a school bathroom. Gross and sad.

Reactions: supermanz95
Sep 1, 2017
Well it's a 0.2 and there is kinda a lack of males who can take it.

No idea if there will be multiple paths for each character which would allow jason doing it a more normal way since i went with the ava route only and that one was linear. ( i dont care if it's linear since she is clearly the best girl in this game except our mc of course )

MzBreezy

Jun 8, 2018
I did the whole 'date everyone' thing and loved it. I don't have a problem with the game outside of the lack of actually getting to have sex with Andrew or with Jason without the glory hole. Hell, even actual penetration with Ava would have been great at least once but I understand it being the beginning of the game and that the creator wants to build up the experience. I'm just not making my MC's first time a glory hole fucking lol no thanks.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
So currently, is Jason the only person you can lose your virginity to through actual penetration? Such a sad way though, through a glory hole in a school bathroom. Gross and sad.
I did the whole 'date everyone' thing and loved it. I don't have a problem with the game outside of the lack of actually getting to have sex with Andrew or with Jason without the glory hole. Hell, even actual penetration with Ava would have been great at least once but I understand it being the beginning of the game and that the creator wants to build up the experience. I'm just not making my MC's first time a glory hole fucking lol no thanks.
dont't get me wrong, but nobody forces you, to go that way, right?
this is the 2nd version of this game, you can't expect, that all characters with all possible interactions are already implemented
you will get other chances, to loose your virginity to a male (probably not in v0.3 though)

MzBreezy

Jun 8, 2018
dont't get me wrong, but nobody forces you, to go that way, right?
this is the 2nd version of this game, you can't expect, that all characters with all possible interactions are already implemented
you will get other chances, to loose your virginity to a male (probably not in v0.3 though)
I get that, and I know I'm not forced to choose Jason, it was just odd to me that that was the first choice for her to lose "it". I'm not against going there after the first time. I just wanted her first time to be a little more....sanitary? When I meant gross in my first comment, I think of how nasty public bathrooms can be, especially women's BR. Eww, just didn't think her first experience should be that one.

Reactions: supermanz95

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I get that, and I know I'm not forced to choose Jason, it was just odd to me that that was the first choice for her to lose "it". I'm not against going there after the first time. I just wanted her first time to be a little more....sanitary? When I meant gross in my first comment, I think of how nasty public bathrooms can be, especially women's BR. Eww, just didn't think her first experience should be that one.
I totally get that. The only thing to do right now though is wait until Andrew or Ava get their actual sex scenes (and I don't think that's going to happen seen as Ava just received her own update and Andrew has no sexual activities at all yet). Ava has a good reason to hold off on having sex with you and so does Andrew. Jason was written as a sort of reversed-character when compared to all the other romance options. All romance options will start by getting to know them and the sex will come after that. With Jason it's the other way around: First comes the sex, then comes the getting to know each other part. So that's why he already has a sex scene while the others don't.

I understand your point, but since the game isn't completed yet and more stuff needs to be added to give player options in these kinds of situations, there isn't anything that can be done at the moment accept not having sex with Jason.

MzBreezy

Jun 8, 2018
The only thing to do right now though is wait until Andrew or Ava get their actual sex scenes..........
..........not having sex with Jason.
Yea I understand and hey, the MC has waited this long right? What's a little while longer gonna be!! XD Besides, I made my MC have a masturbation fetish and addiction. Not on purpose but it's quite interesting.

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
HERE IS THE FIRST PERVIEW IMAGE OF VERSION 0.3 OF HIGH SCHOOL CRUSH SIMULATOR. (PATREON/BLOOMINGLOVE)

• Red Heart
Reactions: rKnight

RHM-kun

Sep 16, 2017
Playing 2a now and I kep on getting this error whenever Jason talks:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/friendship_jason.rpy", line 48, in script call
    call Jason_8 from _call_Jason_8
  File "game/friendship_jason.rpy", line 923, in script
    j "Fffuckk... That was amazing. I can't believe my first time felt this amazing. Damn..."
Exception: Sayer j is not a function or string.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/friendship_jason.rpy", line 48, in script call
    call Jason_8 from _call_Jason_8
  File "game/friendship_jason.rpy", line 923, in script
    j "Fffuckk... That was amazing. I can't believe my first time felt this amazing. Damn..."
  File "Z:\Games\High School Crush Simulator\HighSchoolCrushSimulator-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 622, in execute
    raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer j is not a function or string.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
High School Crush Simulator 0.2
Tue Jul 03 00:57:01 2018

Reactions: goditseb
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes