4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
Then you should probably manage your own expectations differently when it comes to version numbers. In the majority of cases they don't mean anything and they don't make sense, either. It's just a number.

Mainly because most devs don't even know the final, detailed scale of the project they start, when they start it. It's the nature of patreon game development.
i get that as ive said before i play hundreds of these vns, but when i see it made a 3rd place in anything, i assume its got the content length to back it up, lol its like ending a Simpsons episode at the couch gag though, and why i felt let down at a 0.7 i can understand it, i mainly got annoyed at someone wanting to call bs against valid reasons, honestly if i wasn't continually quoted i wouldn't be replying or posting anymore although i find the story interesting its going to be a couple years for a decent amount of content probably

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
i get that as ive said before i play hundreds of these vns, but when i see it made a 3rd place in anything, i assume its got the content length to back it up, lol its like ending a Simpsons episode at the couch gag though, and why i felt let down at a 0.7 i can understand it, i mainly got annoyed at someone wanting to call bs against valid reasons, honestly if i wasn't continually quoted i wouldn't be replying or posting anymore although i find the story interesting its going to be a couple years for a decent amount of content probably
you keep bringing up "0.7" whilst people keep trying to tell you that version numbers on this website don't mean anything, they are not standardized

the length of the story right now runs about a good 4 hours so it's not that short and there are updates every 6-8 weeks starting from the last one so it won't be years

so yeah people will keep quoting you if you keep talking about things that are just wrong

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I didn't check the whole discussion but I want to let you know how versioning works, so you don't make assumptions in the future: . Here is a very good versioning system. If Hillside is following that, it just means it has had 7 minor version releases. A third number (although some VNs use it) would only be used for patches to a release, and not for adding content. How long each patch is depends on the VN. Even if two VNs have the same number of renders in an update, one could be a 1 hour update on gameplay while the other one could be 6 hours. It depends how many renders per scene are used and, if there are multiple paths and so on.
I guess my point is: don't assume content length based on versioning, better just ask in the forum.
I was also sad that there is little content in this story, it's why I will give it a break for some updates and check it out later, as I don't enjoy playing only 20 minutes at a time.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Say I'm stupid...yet vehemently defend your assumptions and expectations. The problem isn't the VN...it's you.

Have a good day Mr played 100's I'm an Expert.

Reactions: tombeir

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
He is very punctual if he can say the exact day of the next release 1 and a half month before it will be released.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
i get that as ive said before i play hundreds of these vns, but when i see it made a 3rd place in anything, i assume its got the content length to back it up, lol its like ending a Simpsons episode at the couch gag though, and why i felt let down at a 0.7 i can understand it, i mainly got annoyed at someone wanting to call bs against valid reasons
lol version number means nothing on f95, i've made the wrong assumption that a game was pretty much new and small due to its low version only to find out it was nearly 4gb worth of play time. Did the opposite too as have pretty much everyone here. The problem here is you MADE THE WRONG ASSUMPTION here then instead of thinking nah my bad and moving on you went on a rant and got the response you deserved.

Reactions: tombeir

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
ugh this is my last reply because you all keep quoting me and i know better then to fuel the fire past this, yes i get version numbers is bullshit most of the time as i said before it was mostly frustration with expecting more then there was i played 4 new games well into development at over the 50% mark then played this while waiting for a download thinking it was farther along not reading much due to not wanting spoilers and was huffy with how short it was in the end no i dont think the game is bad yes its got a nice start going *sigh* not my first rodeo on here but my god this shit never changes and even though i had been drinking this shit is nothing new and i knew what to expect but geeze

seriously you all act like the prep chicks ganging up on the tubby nerd girl, most of us have been there done that, yes what i said was an opinion, hell i wasn't even kink shaming yet you all act like i personally attacked every one of you

ill add your right, i could of ignored this and moved on, but the same could be said to your response with how the site goes its like the people claiming virus with an AV we get it people vent at least mines more opinion instead of computer illiteracy or kink shaming

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Trying to move on from the version number drama, I saw an interesting post from DB on his Pateron page.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The way that scene played in my head is that when MC goes to kiss her for her birthday she unconsciously reacts and ends up hitting him hard in the face

6pak2go

May 27, 2020
The way that scene played in my head is that when MC goes to kiss her for her birthday she unconsciously reacts and ends up hitting him hard in the face
:LOL: Yes, I'm sure muscle memory might play a part in her reaction. Let's hope not.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes