4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I can try to get them again. But now that I got most of the active achievements I'll have to start a new run with a clean save file which I don't mind doing. Let me get that up now, and I'll edit the post here with the screenshot

No mods, no walkthroughs, nothing.

Exception.png

It always centered around each achievement and every time I unlock a new one, I get this, I hit Ignore, and the game moves on. I'm able to finish it fine though. Just when it comes to the unlockables I get this issue.

Very emotional game though and when I first heard about it I was intrigued. But almost stopped playing it yesterday because of the assault stuff. I actually have to turn my head when one of those scenes plays out. But I'm in it now for the long haul and try to show Charlotte that not all guys are bad.

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I can try to get them again. But now that I got most of the active achievements I'll have to start a new run with a clean save file which I don't mind doing. Let me get that up now, and I'll edit the post here with the screenshot

View attachment 1109794

It always centered around each achievement and every time I unlock a new one, I get this, I hit Ignore, and the game moves on. I'm able to finish it fine though. Just when it comes to the unlockables I get this issue.

Very emotional game though and when I first heard about it I was intrigued. But almost stopped playing it yesterday because of the assault stuff. I actually have to turn my head when one of those scenes plays out. But I'm in it now for the long haul and try to show Charlotte that not all guys are bad.
Seems to be a write access problem in Windows, try to install the game temporarily into a folder with these permissions (for example, create a folder on the desktop and unzip the game there).

HillsideVN

Game Developer
May 3, 2020

View attachment 1109794

Thanks, Mark. Much appreciated. (y)

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Thanks, Mark. Much appreciated. (y)
You're very welcome. And that solution I was given didn't seem to do the trick, but it's most certainly tied to achievements. But I'm sticking with it. I can deal with the minimal intrusion of the exception screen. It's more emotional than I thought and really looking forward to hopefully Charlotte dropping her massive wall that she's put up.

Reactions: HillsideVN

Paldor

Sep 4, 2020
You're very welcome. And that solution I was given didn't seem to do the trick, but it's most certainly tied to achievements. But I'm sticking with it. I can deal with the minimal intrusion of the exception screen. It's more emotional than I thought and really looking forward to hopefully Charlotte dropping her massive wall that she's put up.
That's odd.
I recreated your problem. Put the game in a 'program files' folder on a windows 8 machine, and ran into the same error messages you did.

Then I moved it to another folder, away from 'program files.'

Before I restarted it I deleted both of the game's save folders, and could start a new game from scratch without any errors.
Renpy games has a nasty habit of storing persistent and save data in a folder inside a hidden folder.

What caused the problem is that the game hillside, when reaching an achievement, wanted to write a file to a folder inside the 'program files' folder and windows doesn't allow that there.

And I think You are absolutely right about the game. It is very emotional and engaging.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6pak2go

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
So super slow burn, We should call Lust and passion here to learn :LOL:
First.. you do realize that amount of updates is not identical to amount of content? Second, so far updates have been frequent enough. Third, why don't you play it before making such claims? Cause this game has nothing to do with A Wife and Mother. Nothing. I enjoy both, but your comparison is really absurd.

Seriously, just play it. Unless you are just looking to fap, as this game will not be for you in the short term.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Im just messing around, and comparing to fun, thats it.
Oh. My bad then. I apologize. We had too many "how is it we have not yet sex". But seriously try it if you don't mind the lack of sex. It is one of those games that warm your heart (while make you very angry and make you wish you could painfully murder a bunch of assholes. Twice).

Dec 22, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm just saying...
  • :unsure:, I don't think that the MC has health problems (cardiovascular system - swelling jugular vein - means hepatomegaly and the one of possible reasons for this is congestive heart failure), so with this diagnosis he couldn't be bodyguard at all.
  • And internal jugular vein is not on her own place (we have 4 ways for anatomical variability of jugular - behind common carotid artery - 1%, anterolateralis - 19%, posterolateralis - 53% and lateralis - 27%). So, this place on the picture is not correct. And the MC's subcutaneous veins are visible what tell me about vena cava superior syndrome (symptom of swelling jugular vein will match to this), reason for that is pressure from outside of vena cava superior (tumor of lungs mostly). I know men got sculptured veins, but not on the external part of the arm. So, I suppose, dev doesn't want to scare us (me)...
  • And the MCs' eyes are not perfectly normal, I would add a bit of sphericity to the cornea. ;)
  • The MC has dirty fingernails, oh my goodness, where is Emma's manicure? :eek:
And the last one - what is a magic ointment we got? I hope this ointment will help to the MC to know Emma even better. :whistle: (not only Emma's perfect legs, but her other sensitive parts and spots)... I'm waiting for this moment :p

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Good hope it is painful as fuck.

One female hates you for taking her room, one female is a virgin and not into the MC yet, one female was beaten, and raped, but yeah sure they should all be spreading their legs just because we showed up.

Tom MacDonal was right, "My generation needs a bunch of free condoms cos common sense ain't so common".

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
there are "slowburns" and real slowburns where nothing happens or it happens after weeks/months of grinding.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Yes it's going to be pretty good while to wait before Charlotte even feels remotely comfortable around the MC. I understand the incident at the party was necessary with the hug, and even the birthday party with the present allowing the MC to cheek kiss her.

You can sort of get the sense that things will slowly turn around and improve after that point. What they BOTH have to do is start communicating better; he has to let go of the past and talk to her about it (as well as most importantly LISTEN to her when she's upset or wants to talk) and she has to slowly let her guard down, not be so defensive and argumentative around him.

Maybe after that, they can meet in the middle and recover together. Then and only then will she allow more affection onto and from him.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
This is the same retarded problem with another game I play Single Again, and people bitching why isn't the father fucking his daughters who want him its update 11 WTF, the game may have been in production for over a year, but in-game it is like 3 4 days tops each update, so even at 5 days an update it is still less than 2 months in-game.

Same with this, 8 updates but as it even been a fortnight in-game yet, if a chick is willing to fuck you in that time frame you need to go to the doctors and ask for an STI test, and when they say which one, you say yes.

Just because Kaylahs dress is illogical and improbable doesn't mean everything in the game is.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes