4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Well, I keep on saying this game has the ability to make me extremely paranoid and not being able to trust pretty much anybody. So I can feel how you can come to the conclusion that Kaylah is playing games. I am supposed to watch Charlotte at the party, and suddenly she is off-frame with Kaylah talking to me. This is going on for three screens and I am getting increasingly nervous where Charlotte is. Next time we see her again she's in danger. It's definitely possible for suspicious minds to inquire if Kaylah knew that an attack was coming and she was just playing honey trap to lure my attention away from the victim. No solid evidence, of course, just a hunch. Or a little voice in the back of my head telling me to be cautious. [On the plus side, we have her efforts to cheer Emma up with that little Who is more beautiful? thingy, but still...]

Speaking of Emma, that "Kaylah is no longer my friend since she destroyed my dress" pretty much shows her current immaturity. I mean I'm no expert on dresses, obviously, but I guess those can rip easily in various circumstances. Plus it seems to have been just a little tear; have to take Char's word for it since I can't remember actually seeing the damage. So, little one, sew it up again, nothing has happened, and despite what my little voice says, that one was definitely not done on purpose.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Obviously need to reiterate.... Feels like grooming.

She's sexually developed but acts like a young child, looks like a young child, and is as naive as a young child. My brain can't see her as anything but a sheltered child clearly needing someone in a fatherly role.
DarkBlue said (literally in the last week) that Emma is deliberately created to be as innocent and naïve as possible. This is to bring out the overly protective father instincts in the MC, who has a history. DarkBlue wants a father/daughter style relationship to develop between them for story purposes.

If a sexual relationship does develop, that will eventually be decided by the player. But at this stage, there has been no grooming, flirting or inappropriate behaviour between the two that I can recall. Or anything that even feels like it. About the only issue I have with the MC is he is allowing a past mistake to cloud his judgment and he is getting emotionally attached to a client.

Last edited:

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Out of curiosity I went back to play the part where Emma is told about the torn dress. Yes, she's a little unreasonably upset. A not untypical teenager reaction (anyone who thinks 18 year olds are too mature to act like that is mistaken.) I made the choice to tell her what really happened and she immediately calmed down and instead of being angry at Kaylah was now concerned for her friend.

I don't believe anyone is disputing that Emma is a little immature and sheltered and naive. She has some growing up to do. It's a question of degree. She doesn't seem as far behind emotionally to me as she apparently does to others.

Going back to that scene again, it's being treated by the MC like someone mature enough to handle the truth that takes her from immature anger to concern for her friend. Given more of that treatment she could fairly quickly catch up. Continuing to treat her like a child who cannot handle what an ordinary 18 year old can handle is a mistake that can only hinder her development.

Regarding suspicion of Kayla:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Could I be hopelessly wrong? Sure. It's also possible the MC has multiple personalities and one of them is stalking Emma. Currently we have an equal amount of evidence for either proposal. That is, exactly zero.

There's a line between paranoid suspicion of everyone and being cautious enough to keep Emma and Charlotte safe. I try to stay off the paranoid side.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Probably the first VN on this site ive played where I don't want to do anything with any of the potential LIs.

- The mom is justified in how she feels but terribly damaged and a giant asshole (justifiably tho, kind of).
- Oldest daughter is terribly damaged and can't control herself. Also a massive asshole. Reminds me of Hope Solo.
- Youngest daughter looks like she's 12 and that's just not the way I get down. Having a niece, any relationship with Emma would feel like grooming and that makes me extremely uncomfortable. She's as naive as my grade school niece.
- The aunt plays far too many games and will clearly fuck you over when the opportunity presents itself either intentionally or unintentionally. The type of person that can't keep their mouth shut and will sing like a bird under any pressure. Fake tough.
- The upstart model is a wolf in sheep's clothing and will also fuck you over, guaranteed. With the way she acts I wouldnt be surprised if she put herself in the position she was in at that party. She has all types of red flags and is definitely dangerous.

All this is excluding the fact that they're almost all clients and its just not a respectable thing to do.

The game has a great story but as an adult VN IMO its written itself into a corner. Either you feel like a grooming pedophile, a complete degenerate preying on damaged emotionally vulnerable women that are your clients, or an actual baboon going after women that will clearly fuck you over.

I can't get jiggy with this one. When all a VN has to offer is story I'd rather just read a book written by professionals that I don't have to wait years to see the climax of.
Just started playing this yesterday as I always appreciate a good story instead of just a quick fap every time. Only a couple days into the game, literally just dropped off Emma at school after being hired on, so maybe my impression will change the further along I get, but while I do respect your opinion/impression of the game's L.I., I don't quite agree with your assessment.
Like you already mentioned, you have an inherent bias against Emma, which, for the record, let's remember, she's 18, realistically proportionally developed (especially for a VN), and is a freshman in college. I'd have to say all those points negate your impression of someone too close to underage or a target for grooming. I get that she may be romantically naïve and obviously inexperienced, but no more than any sheltered young girl in her first year in college without a good support group of reliable friends who she can trust. Secondly, it's not like she lacks the mental capacity to think for herself and with enough information, be a good judge of character. Maybe because I don't see myself or have the intentions of a creepy guy looking to corrupt, outside of her being the client, I don't have too big a problem with her as an eventual potential L.I.

As of now, my initial PT will focus on pursuing Charlotte (shy of her revealed to be a lesbian) despite the severe PTSD and assorted issues she has with men. In my headcanon, my MC has his own demons he needs to exorcise and work through, and the one thing I strongly identify with him is his damsel in distress tendencies. It's a admirable trait that I tend to share to varying degrees, so if he can help the Lloyd family, Charlotte in particular, while working through his own issues, I am optimistic given enough time and patience, the MC can win her over.

Truthfully, the only other character I've met is Lucy, and while I do have a favorable first impression of her (she's given me no reason not too yet), I would definitely pursue her if Charlotte and possibly Emma were romantically unavailable. That said, I'd imagine it would only be for something casual and not at all up for a serious relationship. Without getting to know her, she strikes me as someone only able to be committed to her sister's career, her family and no one else....yet.

From what I've seen and heard of Suzi (haven't met her in-game yet), bi or straight, personality-wise she seems like a real piece of work, and honestly not attractive enough for me to exert the effort to be anything more than professional around only.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Well ... answering where may it fits in the game, Emma or Suzi Lloyd can be with big-clit (if dickgirl style is not desirable) or they can can be no-balls-futa (if penis is desirable).
Think about it for a moment:
Suzi is a competitive swimmer, where is she hiding a schlong?
Emma's self image is all negative and the story (and her own words and thoughts) are quite clear that she thinks she is too fat and not at all beautiful. Both of these are reinforced by having a supermodel mother and elite athlete sister. I have to believe that if she expressed both male and female genitalia then surely her inner monologue would hint at it. While possible that Emma could have a male member, it would be, well, really poor writing to say the least. I mean, we are in her thoughts so, yeah, poor writing.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
hmm i wish i could see the people claiming that emma feels like grooming playing a knights tale i bet they woulg get a fit about lydia ;)
It's funny you say that, I had been playing that up until this most recent update and I would have to agree there is a helluva lot more apt. description of 'grooming' the 18 yo handmaiden by the wife. I'd say entirely based on her own personal firsthand experience growing up with how her handmaiden chose to interact sexually with her and now, years later wanting a similar relationship with the current help.

annubis39

Sep 14, 2019
I come here everyday or every other day to check for the lovely pictures, is that the only way or is there a trick to this? :p

Dom_D

Feb 20, 2021
Probably the first VN on this site ive played where I don't want to do anything with any of the potential LIs.

- The mom is justified in how she feels but terribly damaged and a giant asshole (justifiably tho, kind of).
- Oldest daughter is terribly damaged and can't control herself. Also a massive asshole. Reminds me of Hope Solo.
- Youngest daughter looks like she's 12 and that's just not the way I get down. Having a niece, any relationship with Emma would feel like grooming and that makes me extremely uncomfortable. She's as naive as my grade school niece.
- The aunt plays far too many games and will clearly fuck you over when the opportunity presents itself either intentionally or unintentionally. The type of person that can't keep their mouth shut and will sing like a bird under any pressure. Fake tough.
- The upstart model is a wolf in sheep's clothing and will also fuck you over, guaranteed. With the way she acts I wouldnt be surprised if she put herself in the position she was in at that party. She has all types of red flags and is definitely dangerous.

All this is excluding the fact that they're almost all clients and its just not a respectable thing to do.

The game has a great story but as an adult VN IMO its written itself into a corner. Either you feel like a grooming pedophile, a complete degenerate preying on damaged emotionally vulnerable women that are your clients, or an actual baboon going after women that will clearly fuck you over.

I can't get jiggy with this one. When all a VN has to offer is story I'd rather just read a book written by professionals that I don't have to wait years to see the climax of.

I like the story and dialogues so far, I only have problems with some behaviours of the MC.

I kind of agree about "love interests" in the story not really being someone I would try something with in RL, aside for Kaylah.

I mean, she is a model and that by itself would make me be much more careful, but beside that she didn't really do anything suspicious or wrong. Sure in that situation she had better scream and/or hit him seriously (suddenly hitting his nose with her head/top of the forehead, it's easy while standing that close and while he doesn't expect anything, it doesn't matter if he is stronger) but being "frozen" is realistic.
Hiding her real self and some "acting nice" is common to 95 in 100 people, so no real fault there too.

I wouldn't trust Lucy in both work related things and private matters. I think she would fail even if trying. I do believe she might at least try (for a while at least), but only the results matter, and I'm no nurse.
BTW phisically I like her more than her sister.

I wouldn't trust the barman and the policeman either though. The mother should have a female bodyguard with her, the MC can keep protecting the child, and better to have a good P.I. or 2 from outside the area investigate the suspects and finding evidence against the assholes around there. Quite expensive though.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Considering Lucy runs the business side of Charlotte's career, and Charlotte is massively successful, I'm inclined to think Lucy is hard working and very good at what she does. I'd trust her in business matters. Privately, there's no reason I can see to distrust her either. She's been open about what she wants. About how she sometimes feels next to Charlotte. She doesn't appear to be hiding her true self any more than anyone does.

I also find she's more physically attractive to me than Charlotte.

I don't think money is a problem for Charlotte. But she doesn't want any more people involved. She was reluctant to even hire one bodyguard. I really don't think she wants PIs and anyone else except the MC and the police involved. Remember she's trying to hide what's really going on from Emma, both Emma's stalker and the danger to Charlotte from the actor. Explaining the MC is difficult enough, another bodyguard will be more so. And I suspect she won't trust PIs, especially not male ones.

I don't trust the barman either. I am reasonably certain he's not the stalker, though. The cameraman's thoughts when seeing the MC in the house don't fit the barman, since he knows the MC and the person taking the pictures did not. Doesn't mean he's not involved in something dodgy, and maybe is linked to the stalker. But it's also possible he's nothing more than a sleazy barman.

Dom_D

Feb 20, 2021
Considering Lucy runs the business side of Charlotte's career, and Charlotte is massively successful, I'm inclined to think Lucy is hard working and very good at what she does. I'd trust her in business matters. Privately, there's no reason I can see to distrust her either. She's been open about what she wants. About how she sometimes feels next to Charlotte. She doesn't appear to be hiding her true self any more than anyone does.
True about her job with Charlotte, she is good at that, but by "work related" I meant only from the point of view of the MC and his job as a bodyguard. He is also... prone to be distracted apparently (at that event, losing his temper and walking away from the client, and then losing sight of Charlotte while chatting, that is only on the MC and not Kaylah). Lucy is not patient, she pushed the MC to start a relation immediately instead than waiting even just a few weeks. She seems to love playing games, punishing the MC in silly ways while he is working and I guess she will try to be alone with the MC as often as possible.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Dom_D

Good points about Lucy's impatient desire to get things going with the MC, and the MC's tendency to allow his focus to drift.

I don't see what Lucy does as playing games. She seems sincere. I think she's lonely and tired of living in Charlotte's shadow (which is a fair reaction considering her history of guys using her to get to Charlotte) and this is why she is impatient and pushing the MC to start a relationship - if she waits, she'll lose another man to her sister. At least that's how it may seem to her. The rest of it I take as just her way of flirting, combined with an insecure need to be noticed (again, understandable.)

It is possible she'll be enough of a distraction to cause trouble. But I put that on the MC and not Lucy. He's the professional here. Of course, speaking as my version of the MC, I could not resist Lucy. But if that causes a problem it's more my fault than hers.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
You guys make me proud.. Emma is my puppy and I am going full John Wick for her! Need to buy like two or three dozens of pencils for this novel!

ABOUT EMMA and her age/behavior/grooming thing. You all know how much I love my baby. But yes, Emma needs time to grow emotionally and mature. Her behavior is currently way tooo childish compared to her age.
Luckily, HillsideVN said that he plans to make the relationship between Emma and MC first focused more on a daddy/daughter relationship and only later become sexual. This is an absolutely fantastic idea for two reasons. First, because it allows for Emma to grow. Second, because it allows for their relationship to become potentially problematic, as father/daughter feelings start getting confused with romantic feelings. Not only this makes for a better novel for character progress, it makes for a great approach as a kink.. After all, who does not want Emma calling them Daddy? :love:

Meanwhile, until MC and Emma's relationship gets to that point, we can go and defile love her sister. That kitten with claws is sooo sexy when she is angry, which is all the time.
At this point Emma already has a lot of trust on the MC, it already feels like she would rather open up to him than with her mother for example, to me we are already in father figure territory.
When it becomes sexual it's gonna be very interesting (not only because it's hot :devilish: ) because every other women in her family see her as a baby and are sure to disapprove, vociferously.
Wether it's grooming or not, the others will see it as "this big evil dude corrupted my baby".
And it will be a big coming out party for adult Emma as she has to fight against her family for her right to have a romantic relationship with this man.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
At this point Emma already has a lot of trust on the MC, it already feels like she would rather open up to him than with her mother for example, to me we are already in father figure territory.
Still their relationship has a lot to develop. But yes.
When it becomes sexual it's gonna be very interesting (not only because it's hot :devilish: ) because every other women in her family see her as a baby and are sure to disapprove, vociferously.
Wether it's grooming or not, the others will see it as "this big evil dude corrupted my baby".
Absolutely. I can only see every other woman trying to kill me when they discover I deflowered the most beautiful and innocence flower. But Emma is worth fighting an army of genetically engineered magical dragons imbued with the infinity stones.
And it will be a big coming out party for adult Emma as she has to fight against her family for her right to have a romantic relationship with this man.
I am soo waiting for that moment.

Last edited:

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

Unlocked

I'm going to start posting a weekly progress update for all patrons so that you can see roughly where we are and how much work is left to do.
Let me know what you think and if there is anything I can do to improve it.
Thanks,
DB

Unlocked

Besides working on creating the final renders for the next update, this week I've spent some time investigating the possibility of adding animations. I will make a separate post about it later this week, but I haven't made any big decisions yet.
And it will be Hillside's one year anniversary next month so I've been working on a couple of things to mark the occasion. If anyone has any suggestions or requests for things they would like to see then please let me know and I'll do my best to make them happen.
Thanks,
DB

PREVIEW IMAGES

Charlotte's competitive nature is revealed during a run on the beach

Kaylah visits the house to see Emma

And the mystery beauty treatment is...mud

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Still their relationship has a lot to develop. But yes.
I think now it's a gradual and slow(sadly) proccess of Emma starting to think of him not only as a guardian angel but as man she can be with, and then the proccess of actually taking the plunge... because she's sure to overthink this and question if that's really what she should be doing and will he reciprocate her new feelings(yes he will dummy).
It has to build gradually (can't believe i'm saying that, i want to slay that so hard lol) to be believable.

Agreed on the other topics lol.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes