4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Nah .. sadly .. my babe be the only one brave enough to take what she is earned.
These princessy types always just park and wait for the traffic to stop and stare or get close.
Them flashing lights ate their brains, crule, but true.

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

Unlocked

Some time ago I asked for views on adding animations to Hillside.
Original post here :
Thank you for all of your replies and sorry for taking so long to write this follow-up.

The general consensus was:
- animations are worth adding
- they have to be good, else don't bother
- don't add them if they will significantly slow down development
I agree with all of these. I actually did my degree in computer animation so I've always wanted to add animations to Hillside. However, creating animations can be very time consuming and will inevitably slow down development to some degree.
Unfortunately, the Daz Studio software is not very good for creating animations. It can be done but it's more difficult and slower than it needs to be. If it were the only option then I would probably simply not bother.
However, there are numerous other options available and before deciding what to do I need to investigate them and determine how quickly I can create quality animations. Then I will know whether it is feasible for me to add them and also what form they might take.
But adding animations is not a priority at the moment so it will take me some time to complete.
I'll let you know when I have anything new to report. And please leave a comment or message me if you have any further comments or questions about adding animations.

Thanks,
DB

Sterkh90

Sep 18, 2018

Unlocked

Some time ago I asked for views on adding animations to Hillside.
Original post here :
Thank you for all of your replies and sorry for taking so long to write this follow-up.

The general consensus was:
- animations are worth adding
- they have to be good, else don't bother
- don't add them if they will significantly slow down development
I agree with all of these. I actually did my degree in computer animation so I've always wanted to add animations to Hillside. However, creating animations can be very time consuming and will inevitably slow down development to some degree.
Unfortunately, the Daz Studio software is not very good for creating animations. It can be done but it's more difficult and slower than it needs to be. If it were the only option then I would probably simply not bother.
However, there are numerous other options available and before deciding what to do I need to investigate them and determine how quickly I can create quality animations. Then I will know whether it is feasible for me to add them and also what form they might take.
But adding animations is not a priority at the moment so it will take me some time to complete.
I'll let you know when I have anything new to report. And please leave a comment or message me if you have any further comments or questions about adding animations.

Thanks,
DB
You won't need to create animations if your game doesn't have sex scenes.:WeSmart:

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
You won't need to create animations if your game doesn't have sex scenes.:WeSmart:
Whether it has sex scenes or not it doesn't have to have animations.

If blue knows how to add them naturally than why not, but if they are forcefully added then it might ruin the experience for some.

I would rather see Blue focus on the exceptional renders and narrative of the game.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes