4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Sterkh90

Sep 18, 2018
Whether it has sex scenes or not it doesn't have to have animations.

If blue knows how to add them naturally than why not, but if they are forcefully added then it might ruin the experience for some.

I would rather see Blue focus on the exceptional renders and narrative of the game.
It was a joke. In fact, I'm not interested in lewd content in this VN (I don't really like the character models). I'm here for the plot and REVENGE. Just give me the opportunity to cripple the bastards and I'll be satisfied.

lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
I mean, he can do whatever he wants. I simply comment on where I would focus resources...

An extreme example on how important music is:
...Which is why I said F95, as in the admins of this forum and not the VN developer. What the VN dev does with their resources is their prerogative.

I understand that this is my own opinion on the matter, but VNs dont linger in scenes long enough for music to be adequate at setting a mood and having royalty-free elevator music playing perpetually seems like a waste.

Considering how often VNs change scenes im just imagining the music constantly changing every minute like the jumpcuts in an action movie trailer :sick:

Pass

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Because of the animations: It doesn't always have to be sex scenes. I could imagine some funny animated moments, too (punching Zak in the... :devilish:). Those who played the last Intertwined update know what I mean (sporty Layla :love:).

About the music: I am a fan of it. But since I'm already using the in my opinion great mod, I don't miss anything at the moment. On the contrary, it would be a pity if it were stopped because of that. My suggestion: add music when the game is nearly finished to all the chapters, then it would be as if from one cast, too.

But: Hillside is for me still THE game with a very good story and loveable characters - and of course outstanding renders. So I think it's maybe better to focus on that for now.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Because of the animations: It doesn't always have to be sex scenes. I could imagine some funny animated moments, too (punching Zak in the... :devilish:). Those who played the last Intertwined update know what I mean (sporty Layla :love:).

About the music: I am a fan of it. But since I'm already using the in my opinion great mod, I don't miss anything at the moment. On the contrary, it would be a pity if it were stopped because of that. My suggestion: add music when the game is nearly finished to all the chapters, then it would be as if from one cast, too.

But: Hillside is for me still THE game with a very good story and loveable characters - and of course outstanding renders. So I think it's maybe better to focus on that for now.
I need to remember to use the mod. The problem is i usually play it as soon as possible, canot wait for mod to be updated.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I need to remember to use the mod. The problem is i usually play it as soon as possible, canot wait for mod to be updated.
I know what you mean! I usually have to control myself too, not to play it right away. Luckily koga is usually pretty fast with his updates.

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
I mean, he can do whatever he wants. I simply comment on where I would focus resources...

An extreme example on how important music is:
While i agree that music does a lot and can be a great benefit to the VN, it can also detract a lot from it and it can be a giant pitfall seeing as people have very differing taste in music

that video you linked shows the important of the right music for a scene, not how important music is to enjoy something
so far it hasn't bothered me that there isn't any music but it is nice to have, i couldn't imagine BaDIK without the music because DPC knocks it out of the park with that

but in sunshine love (i think?) i immediatly turned the music off because i just hated it, so on that front i'd rather not have it if it takes longer to complete an update

Reactions: Chronos169

Bay7

Feb 25, 2021
If I remember correctly, in Sunshine Love, there is a music player with random songs irrespective of scenes.

I want to give an example of DeLuca Family which has lesser amount of music but is tailormade for each scene which elevates the suspense, romance and Luna's badassary.

Since Hillside is a similar very narrative focussed game...it would actually do good to have music if done right.

Reactions: Blake45666

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
If I remember correctly, in Sunshine Love, there is a music player with random songs irrespective of scenes.

I want to give an example of DeLuca Family which has lesser amount of music but is tailormade for each scene which elevates the suspense, romance and Luna's badassary.

Since Hillside is a similar very narrative focussed game...it would actually do good to have music if done right.
yeah it wasn't really well done in Sunshine Love, it also very much wasn't my taste in music

i agree completely that it could very much enhance the experience if done right, i would really enjoy it but if done right is the important part there (tho i have complete faith in DB)

Reactions: Chronos169 and Bay7

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
God, if City of Broken Dreamers didn't have the soundtrack set up like it does, it wouldn't have half the impact.

That being said, Hillside is so grounded that music never really felt like a necessity to me, as dialogue and internal thoughts and body language and lighting are doing more than enough to convey the mood. Hell, I'd go as far as to say it'd completely shift the mood in a way I'm not immediately comfortable with. Can you imagine suspenseful music starting up when Emma screams, only for you to realize it was a spider? Some sinister ambiance playing when the stalker is creeping around?

I dunno, man. I mean, I'm not opposed to having a soundtrack, I'm sure it would enhance a lot of the scenes, but I feel it, uhh, needs to be done with a lot of care so as to not spoil the scenes that were designed with no music in mind.

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
God, if City of Broken Dreamers didn't have the soundtrack set up like it does, it wouldn't have half the impact.

That being said, Hillside is so grounded that music never really felt like a necessity to me, as dialogue and internal thoughts and body language and lighting are doing more than enough to convey the mood. Hell, I'd go as far as to say it'd completely shift the mood in a way I'm not immediately comfortable with. Can you imagine suspenseful music starting up when Emma screams, only for you to realize it was a spider? Some sinister ambiance playing when the stalker is creeping around?

I dunno, man. I mean, I'm not opposed to having a soundtrack, I'm sure it would enhance a lot of the scenes, but I feel it, uhh, needs to be done with a lot of care so as to not spoil the scenes that were designed with no music in mind.

I see it exactly like that! :) (y)

JBZ

Aug 1, 2020

Then just test the mod from KoGa3: Link
The music isn't random, it's tuned to the scene at hand. Without this music, I would be massively missing something in this game.

Reactions: J.R.

Bay7

Feb 25, 2021
Then just test the mod from KoGa3: Link
The music isn't random, it's tuned to the scene at hand. Without this music, I would be massively missing something in this game.
I dont like walkthrough mods but will give it a try...thank you.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes