4.20 star(s) 262 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
That would be a great plot twist, banging Emma before banging the rest of the cast :p

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Loving the story. My opinion is that there are two things the MC should do after that last intrusion. Upgrade the security on the house (cameras, proximity detectors, etc.) and check the security footage at the store to figure out what the stalker looks like.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Loving the story. My opinion is that there are two things the MC should do after that last intrusion. Upgrade the security on the house (cameras, proximity detectors, etc.) and check the security footage at the store to figure out what the stalker looks like.
And put that app on Emma's phone. Somehow I have a feeling stalker and the one who sends the messages are two different people.

Allamante

Apr 9, 2019
Great storyline development in this update with drama build-up through flashbacks. Maybe a link between the famous male actor and
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
?

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Hmmm.... I didn't think I would post in a game thread other than Wallpapers and signatures.

I am loving the game so far. I updates do seem a bit short but that is substituted by the qualities of the updates.
So far the story is interesting it keep me wanting for more. Even the Mc seems handsome at least for me. My only interest is Charlotte.

Anyway I have started to Support the developer. TAKE MY MONEY! keep the quality coming.

I have a few signatures coming!

HillsideVN_pinup_005.jpg

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Not sure if Qleaf is gonna continue or not. But I just followed Zoey Raven's WT and continued after qleaf. Here is Ep.4 Walkthrough Mod
Might wanna give him more than a day to have a chance to update his mod. That's kinda the courteous thing to do, he might be busy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geowraith

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
And put that app on Emma's phone. Somehow I have a feeling stalker and the one who sends the messages are two different people.
It's the same guy. It's textbook isolation tactics...make your victim feel she has nobody to turn to, manipulate her insecurities by making her think her friends all talk behind her back, have her doubt herself. Chip away till she's not even talking to her family, then take her. Nobody will know where she is or what happened, just assume she ran away, or send some texts to family saying she's taking a vacation with friends, or w/e...by that point, nobody knows what's going on in her life, and only hope she'll get better. Then the training starts...next time anyone sees her, her mind is warped, and with a guy who controls her every move, and nobody understands why. It happens more than you might think.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It's the same guy. It's textbook isolation tactics...make your victim feel she has nobody to turn to, manipulate her insecurities by making her think her friends all talk behind her back, have her doubt herself. Chip away till she's not even talking to her family, then take her. Nobody will know where she is or what happened, just assume she ran away, or send some texts to family saying she's taking a vacation with friends, or w/e...by that point, nobody knows what's going on in her life, and only hope she'll get better. Then the training starts...next time anyone sees her, her mind is warped, and with a guy who controls her every move, and nobody understands why. It happens more than you might think.
True and if someone does not have a family or a family who does not care they are even more vulnerable.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Hmmm.... I didn't think I would post in a game thread other than Wallpapers and signatures.

I am loving the game so far. I updates do seem a bit short but that is substituted by the qualities of the updates.
So far the story is interesting it keep me wanting for more. Even the Mc seems handsome at least for me. My only interest is Charlotte.

Anyway I have started to Support the developer. TAKE MY MONEY! keep the quality coming.

I have a few signatures coming!

View attachment 767677
awesome(y):)
btw join the dev's discord also, that's where the fun is :D
and yes Queen C is the best character in the game :love: :cool:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I'm just wondering why Suzi is desperate for money. I hope it isn't just a generic blackmail plot and it is something more interesting than that.
I think the key is that she ended up lying about getting a new phone. My hunch is that someone stole her phone and getting access to nudes/sextape with the other girl. This will then threaten her potential career in swimming. I then hope it's the friend that stole her phone because she seemed to be extremely relaxed about the whole situation.

Reactions: Pimmetje

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
Not sure if Qleaf is gonna continue or not. But I just followed Zoey Raven's WT and continued after qleaf. Here is Ep.4 Walkthrough Mod
Thanks for the tag, but would have been nice if you checked in me earlier.

btw you made a mistake in the ep04 script , you colored the wrong choice:
"Don't tell her anything"

while in fact you should've highlighted "Tell her something" to avoid -1 pts with the Aunt.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I think the key is that she ended up lying about getting a new phone. My hunch is that someone stole her phone and getting access to nudes/sextape with the other girl. This will then threaten her potential career in swimming. I then hope it's the friend that stole her phone because she seemed to be extremely relaxed about the whole situation.
Interesting theory... I also thought Suzi's "friend" was sketchy AF although that scenario hadn't crossed my mind. :unsure:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I just thought of something that I want to ask for people's opinion. At the moment, of course the game revolves around protecting Emma from the stalker, and that is the main plot. But with how well written the game is, I wish for the game to not have the conclusion of the stalker story as the ending of the game. The reason is because the slow burn nature of the game is about the character development and relationship. It doesn't have to be slow in solving the mystery.

I'm going to compare this with Where The Heart Is. For those of you who aren't familiar with the game, the main plot revolves around inheritance for the MC which then translates to "Who is the 3rd party?" and "Who sent the email to MC at the start of the game?" which is perfectly fine as a main plot point. However, the problem with that is the game was designed to be 25-chapter long (not sure if it'd stay accurate or not), and we're now at chapter 17 (or so?) without getting meaningfully closer to the answer to those questions. This created a problem where the game's pace felt off because the answer is purposely held to the end while character development progressed at much faster pace than the main plot. In short, the game's plot has become a whodunnit? kind of game where it doesn't flow as well.

So what I'm hoping to happen here is for Hillside to not stretch the stalker plot to the very end because to me, the stalker plot is supposed to be just a vehicle to progress character development rather than the main mystery that is solved at the end. What I want to see is for the stalker plot to conclude as a way to then further deepen the relationship between MC and Emma's family in the future. So something like "MC has solved the stalker problem, and that made Charlotte to be more trusting, Lucy to be smitten even more, Suzi to open up to MC as she's over-protective when it comes to her little sister, and that Emma becomes more in love with MC" which then could lead up to more plot with them. For example, helping Suzi with the money issue, maybe Charlotte has to attend an event where the asshole that beat her up also attends so she brought MC for protection, maybe something from Lucy's past surfaced and she needed help.

I just thought it'd be nice if the game doesn't revolve around on a mystery to solve, and instead use the mystery to focus on character relationship/development.

4.20 star(s) 262 Votes