4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Don't worry. I was definitely joking!
The pace is going to start picking up now and I intend for Hillside to be finished next year.
The thumbs up was for the pace picking up, but an invisible thumbs down for the game finishing up next year :( There's always new scenarios, positions, and kinks to explore!

Reactions: compusavvy

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Are you sure that Suzi knows that? Did Charlie tell her the real reason why she hired a bodyguard? I don't remember exactly, but I doubt it. Charlie is keeping Emma's stalker problems a secret from Emma and highly likely from Suzi, too. Not to mention everyone else besides her own sister/manager.

You are assuming that Suzi knows everything that the MC does and is there for and is still throwing a fit despite that, but she doesn't really know jack shit. Charlie told her that she hired a security guard for the house because of the "crime spree in the neighborhood" and that is what Emma and Suzi know about him. Suzi has no idea why the guy has to sleep next door to Emma's room, which just happens to be her room. She thinks that the "security guard" could as well sleep somewhere else and possibly the guy demanded this room to himself because it's better than the place he was offered, which makes him an asshole.
She has no idea that he's there to protect Emma from a crazy stalker who even breaks into the house. She doesn't know what you know.

This is the first conversation between Charlie and Suzi about hiring a security guard:
Python:
    mom "[name_od], I have something to tell you. But I don't think you're going to like it."
    od "What is it? Oh no, you're not going to embarrass me and go on one of those reality TV shows are you?"
    scene 02_261
    mom "No. I'm thinking of hiring someone to provide security for us and guard the house when I am away."
    scene 02_260
    od "So?"
    scene 02_261
    mom "So, he would need somewhere to live...in the house."
    od "Mom, don't even think about it!"
    mom "[name_od], I need to put him in your room."
    scene 02_264
    od "MOM, DON'T YOU DARE! YOU CAN'T FUCKING DO THAT!!"
    od "THAT'S MY ROOM! THIS IS TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT!!"
    scene 02_261
    mom "I'm sorry, [name_od]. There is no other option."
    scene 02_264
    od "YES THERE IS - MAKE HIM SLEEP ON THE SOFA! OR PUT A BED IN YOUR DUMB YOGA ROOM!!"
    od "WHY DO YOU FUCKING HATE ME, MOM?!"
    scene 02_261
    mom "[name_od], what does it matter? You're hardly ever here now anyway."
    scene 02_264
    od "{size=+5}YEAH, WELL I WON'T BE THERE AT ALL NOW!!!"
I looked through the code and didn't find anything about Suzi knowing the real reason of MC being there.

Until the 8th episode where Suzies roomie makes an assumption that maybe he's there to protect Emma from Johno. And that only after Emma tells Suzi that MC has been acting as her bodyguard and not a house security, that Charlie claimed him to be hired as.
It's only then when Suzi and her roomie are finally realizing that Charlie didn't tell the real reason of him being there.
Good catch on me confusing what the player knows with what Suzi knows. And I admit that there's more to Suzi than the surface brattiness. Revisiting some of the content to update my opinion of her, I found the scene where Emma visits Suzi and tells Suzi that the MC looks after her now that Suzi isn't there, and Suzi thinks something like "don't say that, not now" - obviously she's very concerned about Emma's wellbeing and hurt that someone else may be taking her protective role.

But she's still a brat who massively overreacted to the MC taking her room. Note the line "Why do you fucking hate me, mom?!" - Charlotte is hiring security she feels is necessary, Suzi does not live at home, it's Charlotte's house, and in no way does giving the MC Suzi's room indicate she hates her daughter. Suzi has no evidence the MC demanded the room so acting as though he may have is equally immature. And she extends her anger into a threat to not come home again. This is the reaction of a young child throwing a tantrum, not a girl who is already in college. Not endearing.

It's kind of odd that such a rich celebrity model has a house with only 3 bedrooms and no guest room, but that's artistic license right there.

Even after starting to think that the MC may be there to protect Emma, she refuses to trust him, though he's done everything right to indicate he can be trusted. She hints to Emma that he may be a bad person and she antagonises him - see the scene where she verbally attacks him for making her late because she was waiting for him, but she never told him she wanted to talk to him so it's her fault she's late, not his.

I am sure there will be character development and she will come to trust him and soften her attitude. My stand on her as a potential LI is based on her behaviour now. Probably she'll never be one for me because I doubt she'll change enough to be as sweet as Emma, or as exciting and alluring as Lucy (who is also really sweet, though perhaps not as much as Emma.) But I could see a future in which we are friends, once she stops being immature. And I can understand why others might like her already.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6pak2go

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
But she's still a brat who massively overreacted to the MC taking her room. Note the line "Why do you fucking hate me, mom?!" - Charlotte is hiring security she feels is necessary, Suzi does not live at home, it's Charlotte's house, and in no way does giving the MC Suzi's room indicate she hates her daughter. Suzi has no evidence the MC demanded the room so acting as though he may have is equally immature. And she extends her anger into a threat to not come home again. This is the reaction of a young child throwing a tantrum, not a girl who is already in college. Not endearing.
You are giving too much credit to college age young adults. They can still act like brats and throw tantrums, especially girls.
And Suzi is bratty, no doubt about it.

Yet still, at her age both me and my sister as well would have been extremely disappointed and offended, would our rooms in our parents house given to someone else or cleared up and repurposed for something else, especially without our consent or warning. It would have felt as if we were some foster kids thrown out of the house right after becoming adults when the money train stops rolling in.
I don't know about other countries, but here this kind of behavior would not be seen as normal family relations. Maybe for families living in some cramped up rental quarters this would have been understandable, but not for families living in their own houses.
So I do understand Suzies shock and first reaction. My sister would have screamed at our parents the same way and I would have been as angry as well. No doubt about it.
Sure, Charlie is the official legal owner of the house, but family members, especially kids who have grown up there are still being considered like some kind of co-owners in a normal family. It's normal to talk about our house with your family, although there is a single owner legally. Throwing up legal ownership in the face of your family members is straight from the book of "How To Be An Asshole For Dummies" or "How To Fuck Up Your Family Relations".

It's kind of odd that such a rich celebrity model has a house with only 3 bedrooms with no guest room, but that's artistic license right there.
I can't say that I know many world-famous celebs, but I'm quite sure you could find some who would do the same. Live the way most people and their neighbors do, in a totally non-flashy way, even being rich and famous.
In fact I know about quite a bunch of not world famous, but famous-enough and well off people not living a flashy rock star or model life, but living quietly with their families next to their much less wealthy or even poor neighbors in average size normal houses.

Even after starting to think that the MC may be there to protect Emma, she refuses to trust him, though he's done everything right to indicate he can be trusted. She hints to Emma that he may be a bad person and she antagonises him - see the scene where she verbally attacks him for making her late because she was waiting for him, but she never told him she wanted to talk to him so it's her fault she's late, not his.
Oh, come on. Look at her mother who raised her! She grew up in an environment where men are not being trusted. None. At. All.
No wonder she doesn't trust him, especially since she is being blackmailed by a guy she probably trusted enough to allow him to take some risque photos of her. She tried to trust a guy despite her mothers warnings and it backfired in the worst way possible. No wonder she has new issues with men in general now. She thinks Emma is being naive and that MC plays on her naivete the way Johno played her.

And she attacks him either because she's a narcissist brat or because she doesn't trust him and pushes him as far as possible, not risking with any chance of giving out friendly or trusty signals. Or both.

I am sure there will be character development and she will come to trust him and soften her attitude. My stand on her as a potential LI is based on her behaviour now. Probably she'll never be one for me because I doubt she'll change enough to be as sweet as Emma, or as exciting and alluring as Lucy (who is also really sweet, though perhaps not as much as Emma.) But I could see a future in which we are friends, once she stops being immature. And I can understand why others might like her already.
She will probably change her attitude towards MC when she learns more about him or maybe finds out the reason of him being there. But I like her being able to stand up and fight for herself, even if she goes overboard sometimes. There's fire in her belly, she's a fighter, not a quitter. Not a classical sweet damsel in distress. I hope we'll see her kick some ass, possibly Johno's or the stalkers or even Zak's ass.

Last edited:

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
You are giving too much credit to college age young adults. They can still act like brats and throw tantrums, especially girls.
And Suzi is bratty, no doubt about it.
I think you're mistaking my point. In fact, we agree on this. Hence my dislike of Suzi. I like my girls more mature than that, even at college age. When I was her age I might have been more inclined to give her a pass. In large part that would be because I know back when I was Suzi's age I could be immature and had been known to throw a tantrum or two. Looking back on it now, I'm embarrassed by how I sometimes behaved. And I would not fault anyone who judged me unworthy of their romantic attention for such behaviour.

Even so, if after I moved out my mother had called me and said someone was using my old room for a while, for an important reason, I would have said, "Okay, sure. Thanks for telling me." I'm not sentimental about things like that. I understand some people are more attached to their childhood rooms and would feel disappointed and perhaps angry.

Good point about not all celebs buying a bigger house than they need, but even most middle class people I've known have a guest bedroom if they can afford it. We can't know why Charlotte doesn't, but there are potential reasonable explanations. I feel it was probably for the plot more than anything else but that doesn't mean it can't be justified in other ways.

Oh, come on. Look at her mother who raised her! She grew up in an environment where men are not being trusted. None. At. All.
No wonder she doesn't trust him, especially since she is being blackmailed by a guy she probably trusted enough to allow him to take some risque photos of her. She tried to trust a guy despite her mothers warnings and it backfired in the worst way possible. No wonder she has new issues with men in general now. She thinks Emma is being naive and that MC plays on her naivete the way Johno played her.
This is fair. Charlotte's not raising Emma to distrust men (at one point in the story she seems to be actively encouraging Emma to pursue romantic relationships) but this could be a result of having seen how Suzi has turned out and understanding that Suzi's mistrust of men is in part her fault, so she wants to treat Emma differently. I believe Charlotte's feelings toward men are complicated. She wants to believe there are good ones. Part of her understands that this is true. But she lives in a world of predators.

I can forgive Suzi her distrust of the MC in light of this.

And she attacks him either because she's a narcissist brat or because she doesn't trust him and pushes him as far as possible, not risking with any chance of giving out friendly or trusty signals. Or both.
I'm going with "both." Well, not narcissist - I don't think a narcissist is capable of caring the way she does about Emma - but definitely arrogant brat.

She wants the MC's help with her situation even as she struggles to trust him. She's not a one dimensional character, and I like that, even if I don't really like her. I also like that this VN has strong women who aren't instantly throwing themselves at the MC, where the road to a relationship is gaining their trust rather than corruption (I love a good corruption game, but I also like variety.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Suzi kick Zak's ass. And I would enjoy seeing her sort out the Johno situation herself - though I think for plot purposes she needs to involve the MC, because it's the road to trusting him and showing him that she can be someone of interest. If she does involve the MC I hope that they work together to take down Johno. Her stepping aside and letting him deal with it would seem out of character.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Played through the first 2 chp's today and I couldn't get this out of my mind...

Why would she only hire 1 bodyguard? :LOL:

Thinking of dudes like Jason Momoa, in the top 98% of human beings on the planet by height. Guy is basically a giant.

Guy has an entire team and he's in no danger
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
True. In a sense, she needs one for herself, one for Emma, and one for Suzi
It really made me scratch my head. Most big name celebrities keep an entire team on retainer, Charlotte has faced horrific abuse but she has.... 1? As a global superstar?

EDIT: Don't want to make it seem like im being harsh or overly nitpicky, this is just something that REALLY stood out on my initial impression of the game.

I'll keep on it though, the dev has done an incredible job with the models (y)

Chronos169

Jul 14, 2020
Well on the other side of the medal, you have celebs, like Keanu Reeves (sitting alone on a bench or taking a ride alone in the subway).

let's just imagine Charlie wants to live a "normal life" as much as possible. Doing the laundry by herself or let her daughters doing some chords around the house.

We can always discuss stuff like "why no bulletproof windows" or "why no safe car wich can resist a shot from a RPG bc some religious nutsacks could be offended from her revealing pictures".

Then there is no reason to tell a story how the MC and her come closer together (being on the Charlotte route), let's make it not more complicated as it is.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Played through the first 2 chp's today and I couldn't get this out of my mind...

Thinking of dudes like Jason Momoa, in the top 98% of human beings on the planet by height. Guy is basically a giant.

Jason Momoa is a well known Hollywood actor not a Top Model. How many models will you recognize in person?
Charlotte had some problems in the past but she was doing fine with the help of her sister until that actor return.
The threats against Emma were the reason to get a bodyguard.

Last edited:

Tennyson@

Dec 31, 2020

Because she didn't wanted to hire one

Despite her trust issues she hired one she couldn't trust men after what happened to her
She couldn't go for 2-3 bodyguard at the time as she is still suffering from trauma Even after hiring one she wanted to get rid of him
Slowly slowly she is trusting men again but it will take time

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Jason Momoa is a well known Hollywood actor not a Top Model. How many models will you recognize in person?
Charlotte had some problems in the past but she was doing fine with the help of her sister until that actor return.
The threats against Emma were the reason to get a bodyguard.
That.... honestly sounds like an even better reason to keep a retainer of bodyguards knowing there are psychos out there with psychotic fixation on your body?

You make it seem as if the top models in the world are these unknown figures, you'd have to live under a rock to not know who the Hadid sisters are or people like Naomi Campbell, Tyra Banks, or Paris Hilton. Top tier models are A-list celebrities, it's not up for debate.

You would never catch those people out in public with at least 2 of their bodyguards. I know off tops Paris Hilton has damn near 10.

HillsideVN

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
You would never catch those people out in public with at least 2 of their bodyguards. I know off tops Paris Hilton has damn near 10.
There are lots of photos of people like Alessandra Ambrosio driving herself around Beverly Hills shopping, attending yoga classes, etc. without any security.

People like Hilton and Bieber need security because of how they live their lives. They attract attention and court controversy. They also WANT to be surrounded by an entourage so that people know how important they are.

I'm not an expert, obviously, but I did research this and this comment matches what I've seen in candid paparazzi photos.

Do most celebrities have bodyguards with them all the time?

"While I served as personal protection for several celebrities, and continue to do so on a limited basis, I was actually initially surprised at how rare the presence of dedicated protection agents, actually is. The most common situation in which the presence of personal security is advantageous would be a high profile celebrity making a public appearance where they will be mixing with the general public while representing an entity or concept that attracts conflict. Some celebrities seem to be in a constant state of increased need of security due to their personal political issues or the particular mix of philosophical, religious, or moral perceptions of the crowd or audiences. I also served in this function on productions where there were Union issues. The short answer, (yeah, I know: too late for a short answer…) is that most of the time, celebrities live their lives very much like the rest of us. They go about their daily business, driving themselves to work, the grocery store, picking up the children from school, going to doctor appointments and visiting friends, having lunch at Denny’s… Pretty much like you and me."

Turki 10

Oct 17, 2020

Charlotte wants to live a normal life, and she is still uncomfortable with one man in the house and keeping him most of the time in in his room and still wanting to make him go.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
this might be the only adult game where i hope the mc won't get to hook up with the daughters(at least not with the younger one), that would be really creepy.
I definitely have no necessity or urge or whatever you want to call it to be with either daughter, especially Emma. All I want to do is to keep the poor girl safe. This is the first game for me in a very long time where the LI is closer to my age (I'm 46) and it really saddens me that 90% (at least) of the scenes in this game Charlotte is either upset, crying, or angry. I think we've seen her smile maybe a handful of times, and that's usually when she's teasing or tickling Emma.

Being the age that I am I definitely have paternal issues when it comes to Emma and most certainly spousal interest in Charlotte. I've also been married twice so that definitely makes me want Charlotte more. Knowing that a love interest route with Emma is most likely going to happen at some point in the game, like you said, it's creepy to even think that with this game.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Bit of understatement ... MC is neutered and shoved in the closet by Lotte
Going by kevin co s ne r bo di gard standards, you get close to whom you keep safe,
because you become their only friend ands confident.
this might be the only adult game where i hope the mc won't get to hook up with the daughters(at least not with the younger one), that would be really creepy.
I definitely have no necessity or urge or whatever you want to call it to be with either daughter, especially Emma. All I want to do is to keep the poor girl safe. This is the first game for me in a very long time where the LI is closer to my age (I'm 46) and it really saddens me that 90% (at least) of the scenes in this game Charlotte is either upset, crying, or angry. I think we've seen her smile maybe a handful of times, and that's usually when she's teasing or tickling Emma.

Being the age that I am I definitely have paternal issues when it comes to Emma and most certainly spousal interest in Charlotte. I've also been married twice so that definitely makes me want Charlotte more. Knowing that a love interest route with Emma is most likely going to happen at some point in the game, like you said, it's creepy to even think that with this game.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
i feel you, this game strikes me as a love story between charlotte and the mc, with some sexy spice added by the other model character who almost got raped(forgot her name). It's kinda unique in that sense, it would be a shame to turn it into something perverted.

Turki 10

Oct 17, 2020
The game is good in its originality. I was angry when Frank touched Charlotte at the party and felt helpless when I saw the actor hitting her in the street but what pissed me off the most was the party when Charlotte hid and closed the door and Lucy got hit.Especially since Mc was working for Charlotte at that time

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes