4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

WCKD_FOX

Mar 21, 2019
Steamy sex in the sauna :KEK:
jacuzzi not sauna.
No, it is a sauna. Jacuzzi is a brand of sauna, although they are more closely known for hot tubs.
Jacuzzi isn't a brand of sauna. Jaccuzi is a brand of hot tub.

There is a hot tub/jaccuzi at Charlotte's home.
The final scene of the version 0.8 takes place in a sauna.

So "Steamy sex in the sauna" is right :LOL:

Note : in French, the word "Sauna" is commonly used to speak about a place with dry heat while "hammam" is commonly used to speak about a place with wet heat. To my knowledge, "Sauna" is used to reference to both types in English.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Archmage6922548876

Nov 10, 2019

Note : in French, the word "Sauna" is commonly used to speak about a place with dry heat while "hammam" is commonly used to speak about a place with wet heat. To my knowledge, "Sauna" is used to reference to both types in English.
Jacuzzi is a brand of sauna as well, they make both.

Reactions: Talcum Powder

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
charlotte moves to jacuzzi after sauna and mc comes there and after some chitchat they ...............

Paldor

Sep 4, 2020

I don't know about french at all. But I do know that the word 'sauna' comes from the Finnish language.
jaccuzi doesn't strike me as being particularly Finnish...

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I don't know about french at all. But I do know that the word 'sauna' comes from the Finnish language.
jaccuzi doesn't strike me as being particularly Finnish...
There is perhaps some confusion and it's similar to brands like Xerox: despite there being many different manufacturers of photocopiers, the word "Xerox" became synonymous with photocopiers and ended up becoming a verb: "Can you Xerox this for me?" Similarly, despite being involved in many different technologies and properties, the brand Google became synonymous with searching the web and is now a common verb: "Just Google it!"

Incidentally, or perhaps coincidentally, if you had just googled it you would quickly discover that

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
There is perhaps some confusion and it's similar to brands like Xerox: despite there being many different manufacturers of photocopiers, the word "Xerox" became synonymous with photocopiers and ended up becoming a verb: "Can you Xerox this for me?" Similarly, despite being involved in many different technologies and properties, the brand Google became synonymous with searching the web and is now a common verb: "Just Google it!"

Incidentally, or perhaps coincidentally, if you had just googled it you would quickly discover that
There is no confusion. You can put a hot tub or jacuzzi in your sauna if you want, but it doesn't mean that if you have a hot tub or jacuzzi, you have a sauna.
A sauna is a sauna and a sauna is not a tub. The bare minimum to have a sauna is to have a sudatory
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can add other rooms and facilities to the complex like a shower, a dressing room, a tub, a dining room, a fireplace, a pond or a pool or whatever else you want and can afford, but the bare minimum that you need to make it a sauna is that little hot room with stones, heated by a fire stove or electric one. Without it your tub is just a tub, your shower is just a shower and your jacuzzi is just a jacuzzi.

WCKD_FOX

Mar 21, 2019
Jacuzzi is a brand of sauna as well, they make both.
Well, sure since like a lot of big brands, they diversify a lot. But the "original antonomasia" with jacuzzi is about a hot tub, so it's the most common mix-up. I guess that when cxx says "jacuzzi not sauna", he refers to hot-tub-jacuzzi :D

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
There is no confusion. You can put a hot tub or jacuzzi in your sauna if you want, but it doesn't mean that if you have a hot tub or jacuzzi, you have a sauna.
A sauna is a sauna and a sauna is not a tub. The bare minimum to have a sauna is to have a sudatory
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can add other rooms and facilities to the complex like a shower, a dressing room, a tub, a dining room, a fireplace, a pond or a pool or whatever else you want and can afford, but the bare minimum that you need to make it a sauna is that little hot room with stones, heated by a fire stove or electric one. Without it your tub is just a tub, your shower is just a shower and your jacuzzi is just a jacuzzi.

So I see you are making a distinction based on a technicality that the traditional definition of sauna does not allow for infrared light as a heat source. Fair enough, I suppose. Maybe we can start a separate discussion thread about whether electric cars aren't really automobiles?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
We've reached the point in which we even discuss if jacuzzi vs sauna?

We really need some interesting things to do... I don't know.. like a redhead?

• Haha
Reactions: B-52reloaded

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Actually very happy this game doesn't have one. Don't really find them attractive in VNs. I'm more of a black/brunette type. I think most of my LIs are dark-haired (minus Emily from HH)

Just not a fan of "reddies" in general to be honest
You sir are truly a lost cause
I pity you
I now am forcefully compelled to ignore you forever

Paldor

Sep 4, 2020

What you are saying is probably true where you are.

But I think there is a more than a continental rift in the mid Atlantic. There seems to be a concept rift as well.
I guess the reason is what brands becomes dominating on what markets.

So from this Scandinavian horizon...
Xerox is not synonymous with a photocopier here, probably because it never became a major brand.
Google did, so "Just Google it!" is synonymous with a web search. I guess "altavista it" would be too awkward.

And if i make a web search for saunas manufactures on (the Swedish) google, jacuzzi doesn't evan turn up.
Swiss, German, Swedish, and Finnish manufactures does, but not jacuzzi.
Possibly they can't get into the European market, or is just a minor player.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes