4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
I’m expecting some serious character progression from Charlotte and Lucy next update. But also hoping to see Emma mature emotionally as well.

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
Emma will hate you forever if you chop Zak up into little pieces!

Besides, I don't know why everyone hates him. He's done nothing wrong.:)
Rather she hates me but still safe than loves me but later blaming me for not protecting her. That would haunt my concience, and so much worse

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
In a way, though, seducing Emma feels almost like...grooming. I just got done playing a game where the dev apparently knows a lot about the subject of grooming and and illustrated it - step by step - in his game. It was a substantial turn-off. I think it would be better if Emma develops her desire for the MC on her own and acts on it independently. But that's just my own opinion; your mileage may vary.
While I disagree with the perception of some that any relationship with Emma is inappropriate and creepy, you've captured my view. And the impression is that this route is the one the game will take. The MC will be fully respectful of Emma, and she will over time fall for him and desire a romantic and sexual relationship. It will be her that initiates. Most probably he will try to discourage her, fearing that he is taking advantage of her. But his resistance will crumble as she learns to turn on the charm, figuring out that she's completely adorable and sexy (his fault for supporting her so well as a person, along with Kaylah's influence.)

This means that the pacing for their relationship must be slower than that of all the other women. Even Charlotte. I expect Emma to be the last to offer herself. So if you're holding out for her, you'll need a lot of patience.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I trust in DB story telling. Emma gonna be a love interest. That can’t happen without some major character development. Might not be soon but eventually.
sure eventually but not in next version.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I trust in DB story telling. Emma gonna be a love interest. That can’t happen without some major character development. Might not be soon but eventually.
Didn't he say that he planned to end the game by next year? Hasn't seemed like the relationship with Emma has progressed fast enough based on that timeline. Hoping it won't be one of those games where you only get one sexual scene with a LI before it ends :(

• Angry
Reactions: Andrew39

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Didn't he say that he planned to end the game by next year? Hasn't seemed like the relationship with Emma has progressed fast enough based on that timeline. Hoping it won't be one of those games where you only get one sexual scene with a LI before it ends :(
Wow. If that's the case, then i am not sure i can trust playing another game by the developer. I mean, if they are so completely unaware of their audience, what's the point of playing any of their games? It's one thing to want to make your own game, but there's a reason why certain devs flourish and others crash and burn. The ones that read their audience and know how to read a room are the ones that thrive.

I guess the next few releases will let us know how its going to play out.

HillsideVN

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
I said I wanted to finish it next year. That is a personal desire and not a realistic assessment of how long it will actually take.

This being my first visual novel I have made a lot of mistakes and will remain tied to those until this project is finished. Hence my desire to start afresh.

But Hillside will take as long as it takes. I'm not going to rush to end it by some arbitrary date.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes